Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

i was also going to suggest this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna need someone to do an LP of WWE 2K20 before they patch this game.

https://twitter.com/SlimThiccNik/status/1186773489451180032
https://twitter.com/KL_Undertaker/status/1186766677331103747
https://twitter.com/MahNamesShaq/status/1186762071154790401

I haven't followed wrestling in over a decade, but this is making me interested in it again. Someone please make the noble sacrifice of buying and playing this thing.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Jamesman posted:

I'm gonna need someone to do an LP of WWE 2K20 before they patch this game.

I haven't followed wrestling in over a decade, but this is making me interested in it again. Someone please make the noble sacrifice of buying and playing this thing.

Well, I got good news for you, given past year's games they will never fix these glitches, only make them worse. I mean, I could be wrong, of course, but they still have glitches from last year's game and managed to exacerbate them.

It's not an LP, really, but if you just want some footage of people (in)famous for breaking games of that series in their day one streams newLegacy got you covered.

On a different note: Due to my track record, people have winked and nudged in my direction regarding that game. The answer is no, I'm too good for this.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

IGgy IGsen posted:

The answer is no, I'm too good for this.

I respect that, but it's absolutely the wrong answer for LPs. We deserve most of the games we put ourselves through.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Chokes McGee posted:

I respect that, but it's absolutely the wrong answer for LPs. We deserve most of the games we put ourselves through.

Which is why I only play good games, because I know I deserve better. And I hope you do too! I've never been a big fan of the "We play it so you don't have to" tagline. I'm more about "I play it and I want you to play it too"

I mean, I did do 'LPs' of WWE 2k games before but I didn't play them, like, with a controller, that'd be gross. That's the important difference here.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Is there a good VLP of Galerians? The screenshot LP in the archive is really good, but I'd like to see it in motion.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request an LP of Super Mario RPG run through the Super Mario RPG Open World Randomizer. It's basically Final Fantasy IV: Free Enterprise for Super Mario RPG (though it also has a Classic option, where you play the game as normal, but with things randomized, albeit there are fewer randomization options that way). No preference for the LP format.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone got some recs for Rimworld lps? The one on the forums is still really early.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

A Sometimes Food posted:

Anyone got some recs for Rimworld lps? The one on the forums is still really early.

If you don't mind modded rimworld, I enjoy the two series by youtuber Decoherent.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
I'd like to request an LP of Later Alligator in screenshot or hybrid form. Mostly because I honestly just haven't seen that much coverage of it besides a few articles when it came out, and I'd just like to see it shared with more people. I personally find it extremely charming; I just can't quite figure out the best way to cover it in a format that's not pure video due to its very animated visual style.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

If you don't mind modded rimworld, I enjoy the two series by youtuber Decoherent.

Cheers. It helped me get back into the game and figure out what I'm doing a bit. Can't really wathc it though, it's like, he zooms in and out way too often and stays way too zoomed out to comfortably watch. I've like never noticed that as an issue with lps before but drat, it was giving me a headache.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of a good, informative playthrough of the Dark Souls mod Daughters of Ash? I know CJacobs streamed it but AFAIK never finished.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

anilEhilated posted:

Anyone know of a good, informative playthrough of the Dark Souls mod Daughters of Ash? I know CJacobs streamed it but AFAIK never finished.

I very much enjoyed FightinCowboy's LP. It's a blind LP but he's very thorough. One note is he's not an 'angry gamer' by any means but he does sometimes get upset at the mod's bullshit.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If you want to see something really loving funny, go watch ChaosArgate and crew try to make it through the hosed up geometry-broken version of Ocarina of Time that his haunted bootleg GameCube produced seemingly at random.

You’ll never look at OoT the same ever again. It’s somehow even more broken than Nimpize Adventure.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

nine-gear crow posted:

If you want to see something really loving funny, go watch ChaosArgate and crew try to make it through the hosed up geometry-broken version of Ocarina of Time that his haunted bootleg GameCube produced seemingly at random.

You’ll never look at OoT the same ever again. It’s somehow even more broken than Nimpize Adventure.
It's like the second coming of Chaos Mode, only not a romhack.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

nine-gear crow posted:

Hey, I take offense to my Gamecube being called a bootleg like that! Its my childhood console!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Hey, I take offense to my Gamecube being called a bootleg like that! Its my childhood console!

:stare:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
your childhood was bootlegged??

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dash Rendar posted:

your childhood was bootlegged??

Please, Dash, its "Footwear Impaired"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is anyone going to be doing an LP of Death Stranding?

I tried watching three different youtubers to get an idea of what the game is (beyond Kojima's usual insanity).

The first was a screamer, the second one spent the entire time spruiking for likes and "ringing that bell" and the third one was bearable to listen to but was also a goddamn idiot.

I mean, the game mentions "chirality" about a million times per cutscene and he still didn't know how to pronounce it after three videos. Also, not watching or paying attention to any cutscenes and popups resulting in him wandering blindly about constantly asking himself what he was supposed to be doing, despite having just been told by three different NPCs and twenty popups :ughh:

We are so spoiled on this site with the quality of people to make Let's Plays here. We really are.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 13, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Grace and I will probably start one by the end of the year since we gravitate towards Kojima stuff. I wouldnt be surprised if there were a few by then to be honest.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Knowing myself and ChaosArgate, its only a matter of time before we cover it and other Kojima games in a slightly worse manner than Chip and Co.

It's worse because of me.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I'd like to request an LP of Iron Storm. It's on Steam and I have a copy to give to anyone who wishes to LP it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Boy, I remember trying to co-commentate that game once... many moons ago.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Boy, I remember trying to co-commentate that game once... many moons ago.

that was when i tried to lp it. i suck at lping.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mycroft Holmes posted:

that was when i tried to lp it. i suck at lping.

:(

I can take up the mantle, but I can't promise I'll get to it quickly.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Danaru posted:

Grace and I will probably start one by the end of the year since we gravitate towards Kojima stuff. I wouldnt be surprised if there were a few by then to be honest.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Knowing myself and ChaosArgate, its only a matter of time before we cover it and other Kojima games in a slightly worse manner than Chip and Co.

Double thanks.

The game looks really bizarre and interesting and, if it ever comes out on PC, I'll definitely be buying it.

It's just youtubers suck sooooo hard.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It comes out on PC next summer!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Wow, that's only two weeks away!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Semi-weird request, but... Are there any entertaining commentary VLPs of early Mortal Kombat games? Something in the vein of supergreatfriend or CJacobs?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
In light of the sequel being in development I'd love to see a (preferably non-blind, if only to get as much of the lore as possible) playthrough of Fear and Hunger

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Are there any good, to the point Don't Starve and it's various expansions playthroughs that focus on showing off all or a lot of the content in the game? I know there's the old cKnoor one but it wasn't ever finished.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Darthemed posted:

Semi-weird request, but... Are there any entertaining commentary VLPs of early Mortal Kombat games? Something in the vein of supergreatfriend or CJacobs?

I enjoy MrGSTAR321

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTNgwy68RDk4tph58Z5rtXxUaCbxw_pFn

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

anyone have a good recommendation for the halo games that came out after odst or reach? i forget what one came out last.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

It took me a little while to get used to his voice, but this ended up being just the sort of thing I was looking for. Thanks!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'd like to formally request an LP of Infinite Space for the DS, because Platinum Games made a JRPG with the Steel Battalion developers and apparently it's completely apeshit.

Also, there's an SSLP of Heaven Will Be Mine currently ongoing, and that's one of the requests in the second post and I figured you'd like to know.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Darthemed posted:

It took me a little while to get used to his voice, but this ended up being just the sort of thing I was looking for. Thanks!

His ongoing hatred of Bo Rai Cho is my favorite thing about his content.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

YggiDee posted:

I'd like to formally request an LP of Infinite Space for the DS, because Platinum Games made a JRPG with the Steel Battalion developers and apparently it's completely apeshit.

Seconding this. I played it when it came out and Infinite Space is, in fact, apeshit. There was a good LP of it ages ago but it got abandoned about halfway through.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Anyone recommend a good LP, preferably blind, of Outer Wilds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Fedule posted:

Anyone recommend a good LP, preferably blind, of Outer Wilds?
Nerdcubed did one, which I'm trying to loving link, but I can't for some reason. It keeps doing some weird thing to the link.

edit: Ok, there we loving go. For some reason I can't just put a link to the whole playlist, but its easy enough to find on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHzQ0R818lo

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 3, 2019