Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Our dog is now 5 years old! Where did the time go??!?

:neckbeard:

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hell yeah happy birthday rush :woof:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

hell yeah happy birthday rush :woof:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Do any of your needle dogs have a weird twitch when you touch their obliques? My dog is crazy sensitive whenever I pet him on either flank there's a massive flinch, like it's hurt or something, but never any vocalizations or snapping or anything else that would indicate that it hurts. It's weird. And if we're facing each other - no reaction. Only when I'm behind him or he's lying down on the couch not paying attention to me.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 5, 2022

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nothing with mine, but stilt dogs often have a heightened startle reflex. They're ready to launch at a seconds notice so maybe he's ticklish there and his muscles go haywire at the stimulation

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bonnie flinches like crazy if you touch her paws without warning

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

did anyone else know Pink Floyd did a song at Pompeii led by a borzoi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a90vXD9Kllk

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

We adopted another greyhound last Friday! His name is Mac and he is about 4.5 years old. He is a very playful and sweet boy.

Here's a picture from his and Tennyson's introductory walk. They're pretty similar in size.

He loves toys, and he and Tennyson will run together in the back yard if I throw a ball.

Also his favorite spot seems to be the fuzzy bathmat that we keep next to the couch and computer.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Hi Mac! :neckbeard: He looks like he's settled in nicely.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
What a sweet fuzzy fawn puppy. Congrats on the new longdog!

Sparty has had a Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day. My spouse has had to work and hasn't been able to take them on runs, so they were super hyper. Sparty got a wild hair and got the zoomies inside, resulting in him cutting his foot and bleeding everywhere somehow. We taped his foot up but this was Very Cruel and he was a semi-tripod for the rest of the night.

Then he was checking out the chair our new cat was on and got swatted in the face, terrifying him and drawing blood (thankfully no damage to his eyes). He cuddled and cowered on the couch after that :(

Then we were going to bed and he misjudged because of his bandaged foot and almost fell off. You could almost hear the "I'm so over this" as he sighed and went to sleep.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Congrats, Genovera and Mac! I hope he and Tennyson are getting along well, and are able to share the couch! :D

DarkHorse posted:

Sparty has had a Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day.

drat, that sounds awful. :( How long will he need his paw/leg taped-up? I've never had an injury like that with Taz, so I've got no idea. Hopefully Sparty gets better soon!
(The worst he's done is scratching a vein on his ear when he dove into a rose bush after a bird. He didn't mind the wound or the tape, but until I was able to catch him he was leaving a trail of blood droplets all over the place...)

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Cute baby :kimchi:

So Nemo loves to pee everywhere off leash but takes forever on leash. His brain kicks into "pee!" mode after he smells Iceman's urine, but he'll false start a bunch and then not do it. I've never met another male dog that was such a pisshoarder, what can we try?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Genovera posted:

We adopted another greyhound last Friday! His name is Mac and he is about 4.5 years old. He is a very playful and sweet boy.

Here's a picture from his and Tennyson's introductory walk. They're pretty similar in size.

He loves toys, and he and Tennyson will run together in the back yard if I throw a ball.

Also his favorite spot seems to be the fuzzy bathmat that we keep next to the couch and computer.

Congrats on your deer kangaroo mutant hybrid.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Major Isoor posted:

Congrats, Genovera and Mac! I hope he and Tennyson are getting along well, and are able to share the couch! :D

drat, that sounds awful. :( How long will he need his paw/leg taped-up? I've never had an injury like that with Taz, so I've got no idea. Hopefully Sparty gets better soon!
(The worst he's done is scratching a vein on his ear when he dove into a rose bush after a bird. He didn't mind the wound or the tape, but until I was able to catch him he was leaving a trail of blood droplets all over the place...)
it wasn't really that bad, though it was alarming seeing big bloody footprints everywhere :v:

He tore it off the next morning, it mostly just held the wound closed overnight so the corn starch and neosporin has a chance to act without him tearing it open again and bleeding everywhere. Moleskin is a godsend in that regard, it's stretchy and doesn't rely on adhesive and he seems to tolerate it better than other bandages. He just sliced a little bit under the nail so it held closed pretty well

He got happy tail once though and Jackson-pollacked the walls with his blood, that was interesting :gonk:

spoon daddy
Aug 11, 2004
Who's your daddy?
College Slice
Yay Mac!! He looks like he is settling in well.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Yes congratulations on the new greyhound! :woof:

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Gello says hi guyz.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
You can't fool me, that's a forest elf

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gello has excellent goblin ears

Bonnie still got excellent t-rex form

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Abby is my alarm clock

I just wake up to her staring at me with her ears up

then she just walks back and forth between both sides of the bed, and on one side she wags her tail so it constantly hits the wall

she wants her loving salmon

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

Abby is my alarm clock

I just wake up to her staring at me with her ears up

then she just walks back and forth between both sides of the bed, and on one side she wags her tail so it constantly hits the wall

she wants her loving salmon

Sparty makes a nest in the bed, burrowing into the pillows and making sure at least part of him is shoved against you (usually it's the butt)

He will also whine and wiggle because he wants to go pee but doesn't want to get out of bed

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

gello has excellent goblin ears

Bonnie still got excellent t-rex form

Agreed, Bonny is the T-rex queen. Gello just spreads out, even when upside down.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Radiation Cow posted:

Gello says hi guyz.

Hambsom :kimchi:

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
Went hiking today. Barley refuses to cross streams.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
ours would be a wuss about rain but i never associated not crossing bodies of running water with greyhound. i more associated it with draculas

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hahahaha that's great

I think Abby would have a similar reaction

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah Gannon loves water but won't walk on underwater rocks. He's very particular about his traction requirements.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

It's super cold today so she decided to do part of her poop indoors

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

It's super cold today so she decided to do part of her poop indoors

It's super cold today so Bub decided to play at being a sled dog.

Unfortunately his tail is so thin that he basically has to huff his own farts to keep his nose warm

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It'll be below freezing and our boy will still take his sweet time sniffing around until he finds the exact perfect place to poop. Doesn't notice the cold at all.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

bamhand posted:

It'll be below freezing and our boy will still take his sweet time sniffing around until he finds the exact perfect place to poop. Doesn't notice the cold at all.

Abby will start lifting her paws up and walking with this little limp when it's REALLY cold out because she doesn't want one of them to touch the ground. I'm not sure if she's actually suffering or just being dramatic. It's about a -10 or -15 windchill right now so I limit her outdoor exposure to the absolute minimum required to do both tasks.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Cold noodles

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

We got a new dog bed a few days ago since a couple of the old ones were kind of flat and lumpy:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

actionjackson posted:

Abby will start lifting her paws up and walking with this little limp when it's REALLY cold out because she doesn't want one of them to touch the ground. I'm not sure if she's actually suffering or just being dramatic. It's about a -10 or -15 windchill right now so I limit her outdoor exposure to the absolute minimum required to do both tasks.

That could just be snow/ice getting stuck in between the toes. Gannon does that a lot and he's fine once he shakes it out.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Lagomorphic posted:

That could just be snow/ice getting stuck in between the toes. Gannon does that a lot and he's fine once he shakes it out.

good point, I have to remember to always get that out after she comes back in.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I took Bonnie to vote last night. She looked like she might do a nervous poo though, so i was too distracted to take a sneaky pic of her

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

I took Bonnie to vote last night. She looked like she might do a nervous poo though, so i was too distracted to take a sneaky pic of her

Dogs can vote where you live? No wonder she was nervous, that's a lot of responsibility. :v:

In other news, we just spent a couple of days in the the mountains with Gello and a friend's Dachshund, Maddie. We took to calling them Laurel and Hardy, for obvious reasons.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

This dumb species’ genetic malleability is among their very Best qualities :allears:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
I love when other dogs use mine as a convenient bridge or overpass :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A great dane puppy jumped OVER Abby