Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
A few questions, ranged enemies only move if their focus is out of range OR to get immediately out of melee range right? If they start their turn with their focus in range then they just stand still even if it's just 2 spaces away?

And for Pull/Push, can you only move the model in a straight line? Or can you make the model follow a path as long as each space is closer/further away than the last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

DarkAvenger211 posted:

A few questions, ranged enemies only move if their focus is out of range OR to get immediately out of melee range right? If they start their turn with their focus in range then they just stand still even if it's just 2 spaces away?
Basically, yeah. They want to attack their focus, so they will move into range. Secondarily, they want to avoid Disadvantage against their focus if possible. They will move to fulfill these conditions, but won't move if they are already in a perfectly good spot. (Note that a Muddled ranged attacker doesn't care; they will stay adjacent to their focus because it can't put them at more disadvantage.)

quote:

And for Pull/Push, can you only move the model in a straight line? Or can you make the model follow a path as long as each space is closer/further away than the last?
Every single hex needs to be further away. This doesn't have to be in a straight line.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Oh man, we finally beat scenario 72 on the third try. Crazy.
Scenario 72/circles/music note
We had music note (me), plus circles and mindthief. I think it was a really good combination for this map - we all geared up for it specifically with a big gold reward. Disarming 4 things(got this enhancement right before) then stunning 3 things was really clutch and I often ended up hitting all 4. Circles gets a bum rap but it's been extremely strong for us. I stayed in the middle room, my team built a wall of summons around me, which I could harden with shield song and the "shield 2 all allies within range 3" card. You definitely need some monster action luck here - we got an ooze split on turn 1 but managed to block the spawned one. We also managed to never get the double-curse card for the forest imps. Between all the curses and blessings our summoner had like, a 50-card action deck.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I have a friend at PAX Unplugged who is going to check out the Frosthaven display and send any new info my way. Either way, inject the Content directly into my veins.

We've only had a chance to play once since I unlocked Sun and got to play it and these days I'm really missing our Gloom time because the class is a ton of fun.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 6, 2019

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Dreylad posted:

I have a friend at PAX Unplugged who is going to check out the Frosthaven display and send any new info my way. Either way, inject the Content directly into my veins.

We've only had a chance to play once since I unlocked Sun and got to play it and these days I'm really missing our Gloom time because the class is a ton of fun.

Feels like I missed something with sun because I don’t remember getting bonkers numbers with them, or maybe I didn’t get there yet.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Looks like some stuff is starting to get posted, heres some galleries with some of the new classes plus some of the level 1s:

(spoilers for new expansion obviously)
https://imgur.com/gallery/ZsPjJRX
https://imgur.com/gallery/qe3zow0

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
What do those green hexes mean?

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What do those green hexes mean?

Based on the card names, I would assume that it’s a hex occupied by an ally

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So, Envelope X. We opened it a couple weeks ago, and So far no one has really bothered to make any progress with it. I think we kinda just forgot about it after we got it. I know that this envelope is controversial, some people like it and some say it is the worst part of the game. I guess what I want to know is, is the reward for solving it worth trying to do it? I know you have to find a bunch of letters, but we couldn't even tell where to start looking for them. Maybe with some direction things would go easier...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Holy moly some of these new classes are loving bonkers.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So, Envelope X. We opened it a couple weeks ago, and So far no one has really bothered to make any progress with it. I think we kinda just forgot about it after we got it. I know that this envelope is controversial, some people like it and some say it is the worst part of the game. I guess what I want to know is, is the reward for solving it worth trying to do it? I know you have to find a bunch of letters, but we couldn't even tell where to start looking for them. Maybe with some direction things would go easier...

There was a post earlier that had really good gradually ascending spoiler style that I am going to try and mimic, since it lets you spoil to your level of comfort:

First semi-spoiler, the thread's general opinion: it's largely not worth trying to solve "naturally" because it's not well put together and you will waste your time and get progressively more pissed which might affect your appreciation of the eventual reward

Concerning the difficulty: if you're waiting for an "a ha!" moment you aren't going to really get a better one than envelope X so if you've just been waiting for more info to pour forth, that's not going to happen so you should be more proactive

Concerning the other clues: There's basically 2 types that I recall, specific spoilers below:

1) You may have gotten other puzzles with a code to break; these are (some of) the other letters and specific to envelope X -- I don't think it's specifically spelled out tho. Also assuming you have gotten some, the fact that I said there's 2 types of clues spoils that all the letters aren't from these cipher puzzles. OH! and it's also worth noting that there's a typo in one of the clues that prevents you from solving it so uhh just be aware of that one, its the one that gives you 3 numbers in a row, one of the numbers is wrong so you will have to search for correct number

2) There's stuff hidden in the artwork which, again, there's no clue pointing to this specifically you just need to happen upon one

Concerning how cool the reward is: This will largely depend on you/your group. My group was impressed but after reading this thread I explained that the puzzle was mostly BS and nudged them along so they weren't totally burned out and frustrated. FWIW I don't think the act of solving the puzzle will increase your appreciation for the class, its more about if you/your group like solving puzzles

Concerning what the reward ACTUALLY is: it's a print and play class

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The typo is fixed in later versions, for what it's worth.

Also that initiative stuff in Frosthaven is really not presented intuitively.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Played one of the new frosthaven chars this morning. May have been the first non-playtester to touch it honestly

Got through 5 rounds as the pink one, saw a ton of new mechanics and then gushed about it for the rest of the day

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Kalli posted:

Played one of the new frosthaven chars this morning. May have been the first non-playtester to touch it honestly

Got through 5 rounds as the pink one, saw a ton of new mechanics and then gushed about it for the rest of the day

That looks like the most busted class of all of them.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The typo is fixed in later versions, for what it's worth.

Also that initiative stuff in Frosthaven is really not presented intuitively.

Yeah LMAO it's one of those " no real ux person would have let this get past the very first revision"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Guy A. Person posted:

Looks like some stuff is starting to get posted, heres some galleries with some of the new classes plus some of the level 1s:

(spoilers for new expansion obviously)
https://imgur.com/gallery/ZsPjJRX
https://imgur.com/gallery/qe3zow0

Are these the starter classes or are some of them unlocks?

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Holy poo poo I want to play that Necromancer like right now.

The skeleton summoning cards are non loss :allears:

Oh, and the Drifter looks like tons of fun.

Selecta84 fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 7, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Some Numbers posted:

Are these the starter classes or are some of them unlocks?
I guess despite the complexity these all seem to be base classes.

Some are pretty complex so this is a surprising development. Color me shocked.

Kalli posted:

Yeah that's one of the ones we saw previewed. It looks like a lot to handle but also a lot of fun. Figured there'd be no way it'd be a starter class.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Dec 7, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Selecta84 posted:

Holy poo poo I want to play that Necromancer like right now.

The skeleton summoning cards are non loss :allears:

Oh, and the Drifter looks like tons of fun.

The Drifter looks stupid good. That rewind mechanic is really cool.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Scenario 5: Funny to see a bunch of really scary sounding demons only for the most dangerous enemies to be the elite skeletons. The poor fire demons got a single attack off before I murdered them with their own traps and cragheart true damage. The only retaliate a frost demon got off was against another frost demon, and the only damage they did was to a summon because our mindthief kited them so well. An elite skeleton otoh got the "all attacks hit one target" card and proceeded to destroy our poor tinkerer with lucky rolls, doing a total of 11! damage across three attacks

Also, you do know that you can lose (not discard, lose) a card from your hand or two cards from your discards to prevent damage from an attack, right? I can’t tell if “destroy” means “exhausted” or “forced to lose several cards” in your account.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Oh man, we finally beat scenario 72 on the third try. Crazy.
Scenario 72/circles/music note
We had music note (me), plus circles and mindthief. I think it was a really good combination for this map - we all geared up for it specifically with a big gold reward. Disarming 4 things(got this enhancement right before) then stunning 3 things was really clutch and I often ended up hitting all 4. Circles gets a bum rap but it's been extremely strong for us. I stayed in the middle room, my team built a wall of summons around me, which I could harden with shield song and the "shield 2 all allies within range 3" card. You definitely need some monster action luck here - we got an ooze split on turn 1 but managed to block the spawned one. We also managed to never get the double-curse card for the forest imps. Between all the curses and blessings our summoner had like, a 50-card action deck.

You cannot block spawns, only summons:
Pg 34, spawning. “When a monster is spawned, it is set up on the map at its spawning location or the nearest empty hex to that location.” Note that the word “adjacent” is not used here.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

The Drifter looks stupid good. That rewind mechanic is really cool.
It's a really neat Idea and I like how it leans into the 12-card hand. The +2 damage one looks to be the keystone though so I'm expecting flashbacks to The Mind's Weakness and a core strategy around making sure it stays on for the whole combat. :)

The one with the Shadows seems like it needs more ability to make them, but I'm guessing that'll be handled by higher level cards.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Narsham posted:

You cannot block spawns, only summons:
Pg 34, spawning. “When a monster is spawned, it is set up on the map at its spawning location or the nearest empty hex to that location.” Note that the word “adjacent” is not used here.
Yikes! We had 10 oozes for most of the scenario anyway, I doubt it made a ton of difference, we had some slack at the end.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Elephant Ambush posted:

That looks like the most busted class of all of them.

Felt powerful but with clear restrictions on ending up in the form you don't want or being dangerously low on cards for damage avoidance most of the time. Seemed like some higher level cards were at lvl 1 for the demo

Currently waiting in line for the 10 am keynote

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

dwarf74 posted:

I guess despite the complexity these all seem to be base classes.

Some are pretty complex so this is a surprising development. Color me shocked.

Yeah, my assumption is that they leaned into it being an expansion and decided to go hog wild, especially with the fact that they are already releasing a simpler stand alone aimed entirely at newer players. They are expecting people who have played at least one of those to pick this up.

dwarf74 posted:

The one with the Shadows seems like it needs more ability to make them, but I'm guessing that'll be handled by higher level cards.

I think the idea is that you're supposed to get the top half of Call to the Abyss out to generate most of them (with the option to instead generate a few with the bottom first). It's basically a 10 card class that has that buffer card for your loss.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Link to the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/team/pax (may need to select PAX2). Should be starting in a few minutes.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Guy A. Person posted:

I think the idea is that you're supposed to get the top half of Call to the Abyss out to generate most of them (with the option to instead generate a few with the bottom first). It's basically a 10 card class that has that buffer card for your loss.
I am wondering if it's a low level crutch like for Triangles with the generate an element/-1 to all attacks card but otherwise yeah that seems to be the only way to get a bunch of them out.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah, my assumption is that they leaned into it being an expansion and decided to go hog wild, especially with the fact that they are already releasing a simpler stand alone aimed entirely at newer players. They are expecting people who have played at least one of those to pick this up.

Yeah I think this being an expansion, you're expected to have played Gloomhaven already so they're making the starter classes more advanced like the unlockable classes in GH.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Last I heard the Necromancer was going to be one of the starting classes for the smaller box intro campaign/expansion. Don't know if that changed or not.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Dreylad posted:

Last I heard the Necromancer was going to be one of the starting classes for the smaller box intro campaign/expansion. Don't know if that changed or not.
It got moved to this box because, frankly, summon-centric classes are not even remotely beginner-friendly :)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

dwarf74 posted:

It got moved to this box because, frankly, summon-centric classes are not even remotely beginner-friendly :)

That makes perfect sense!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Rush transcript from the PAX stream below (I haven't edited this aside from breaking it into sections, in case you don't want to be spoiled).

Introduction
can play gh before or start with this, it's standalone
characters are more complicated, might be challenging if it's your first time
characters can be brought over both ways
new set of items, mechanic for bringing items from gh to fh
starting character has $ for bringing gh items over, can't freely buy gh items but there's an importer that lets you buy limited supply
resources are more valuable than $ so there's a crafting system to build items

6 starting characters
banner spear - tank of the group. mostly melee, some ranged, has formation attacks (aoe attacks where you need allies to be)
can make her own non-lost allies
necromancer - now an aesther, not human. summons that aren't lost, lose hp when summoning. (many characters have their own "resource")
deathwalker - creates shadows on the board, kind of shamanistic class that ushers things to death. kills monsters and creates shadows that she can use for abilities
drifter - survivalist, lives off the land so all about keeping himself alive. lot of persistant abilities with charges, has abilities to recharge them
harrower - 2 forms, ranged caster form and melee tanky, 7 cards in each deck, token that represents the form. some actions in each deck force you to switch forms. probably the most complicated (designed by marcel)
blinkblade - manipulates time, speeds up or slows down. going fast is better but has to use a counter to do it, and goes slow to recharge. many abilities have benefits or detriments depending on speed

New playable races
takes place in the world of gloomhaven but different location.
3 new races, start out as threats in the game. as you go through the game and work to befriend/subdue them they will be added as classes
olgox, distant primitive inox cousins. like to punch! live in mountains, very territorial, when the fh outpost springs up they attack. have a religion where they're in 2 sects, icespeakers and snowspeakers. looking at ice/snow will relay divine messages from their god. you get in the middle and choose a side
new lurkers, live in the northern sea, invade from the sea (fh is on the coast) - example is wavethrower, has ranged attacks and summons lightning eels. will be a playable race (doesn't talk, communicates psychically)
robotic race, looks like a walking 4-sided die (very quiet on details here)

Crafting/town building
go up to fh at start of summer, mercenaries to keep town safe
initial story is protect the town from threats, develops from there
very small outpost, mostly destroyed from olgox attack
you get to build up the city how you want
resources can be used to build items and build buildings, will unlock town mechanics
craftsman area, has more recipies for items, lets you combine items to make new ones
alchemist, when you find herbs you can create potions by trial and error (combine 2 ingredients, can be good and bad ones)
walls, barracks - town has a defense rating
calendar system - enter in summer but going to scenarios takes time, different event decks for summer and winter (winter is all bad things)
olgox and other things attack the city in winter, defense rating affects outcomes
plenty of items can be found in chests

Loot system changes
loot system has been changed. will still collect tokens that monsters drop but not money. (money isn't as valuable as resources here)
tokens are exchanged for a card from a loot deck
build loot deck at the start of a scenario (lumber in the forest, etc.)
draw a card for tokens, could be money/resources/items

New monsters/status effects
new map, will be adding stickers
some stickers are bigger to represent newly explored parts of the world
stickers to add to the city, you get to choose how it looks
more new monsters, some repeat monsters
new frozen undead (frozen olgox corpse), has frost breath, retaliate
new status, brittle - super cold. next time you suffer damage it's doubled
some characters can do that too
living doom, most powerful undead
can summon living spirits based on its hp
new status, bane - deals w/ instant kill mechanic. when you are baned, at end of next turn, if not removed by healing you suffer 10 hp. basically the replacement for instant kills, delayed and damage cap.
polar bears, like cave bears but even more dangerous
fish men (fish king invades the docks was a popular card from forge war, brought over to this)

Puzzles
kind of spoilers
at some point you will gain access to a book, like town records
extra side story to get more game lore, might be things to unlock
how you go through is by solving puzzles
like an exit game that you play over the course of the campaign
gives clues that lead you to parts of the game
artwork, etc
unlock certain building to solve, eg
gives you a number to turn to (cyoa?)
based on feedback from envelope x puzzle, that didn't have feedback that you were doing it right/wrong so this is based on feedback from that

combat mechanics are all the same
town mechanics are introduced over time

forgotten circles, tried new thing of breaking up scenarios into sections
like the surprise aspect but didn't like how little info was given up front
more info will be up front, give you all the monsters/overlays you'll need so there's no surprise setup

kickstarter in march
hope to deliver within a year of ks, by early 2021

Q&A

q-is fh too cold for oozes?
a-wouldn't assume that! love oozes!

q-there is a thing you can do in main story where it seems you're bad but rewarded...
a-there's always moral ambiguity, sometimes you get away with bad things.

q-one issue is reputation, choices feels like really evil or really good. never feel tempted by evil option. sometimes surprised by outcomes
a-working on events to make them more dynamic, better options

q-relative to original gh, where is fh on the map?
a-world is extended. copperneck mountains (northern border of gh) is south of fh. go through dead pass to reach fh

q-will we get another pie eating video?
a-not out of the question

q-coming from gh, time put into massive box, what are you taking from that for fh? lessons learned, how to improve, etc
a-more features, town building, etc

q-why are bears so strong, how have they not taken over gh?
a-can't climb walls

q-is trading of items a thing?
a-still can't trade items, but when you create items you decide who gets it

q-necromancer is in this instead of jotl, what was that process
a-designed jotl, playtested, summoning seemed too complicated for what that product was. more for casual gamers. have to understand monster mechanics and summons can be a negative experience if not done well, if they die right away

q-bane mechanic replacing instant kill, retroactive to gh classes?
a-maybe, talking about it

q-loot tokens represent resources, will there be more on the ground (wood on the ground makes more sense than money)
a-maybe a little more

q-will elements be more common? frost?
a-want to keep it balanced, lots of frost monsters so want them to use ice, but also want to keep it balanced so all elements are equally represented

q-process of transitioning from physics to designing board games
a-got tired of physics, was designing games as a hobby, decided to try kickstarter w/ forge war and it went well. fw was put on kickstarter in last year of grad school, so when he graduated he decided to try game design

q-any tweaks to combat rules, such as retaliate
a-other than new status effects it's the same

q-metal loot coins, added 3 loot coin. will there be a 3 damage token?
a-yes!

q-seems harder, more cards and health?
a-no!

q-any changes to personal quests, some were hard or didn't feel connected to characters
a-system will be changed, not just a big deck to draw from. start with much smaller deck of things to accomplish, as things are unlocked more cards are added that are now reasonable to do. still not tied to specific character classes, lets you combine the class story and the quest story to make your own story

q-changes to modifier decks?
a-same system, perks let you swap cards in and out

some changes to events. characters have traits which can effect event outcome

q-battle goals changes?
a-yes, new balanced goals

q-summons, didn't feel like they scaled well at higher difficulties
a-new summons can be resummoned when they die, taking feedback

q-will enhancement system stay the same now that there's less money
a-yes, stays the same, unlocked over the story (you'll still have some money)

q-when is fh campaign set related to gh?
a-set afterwards, but doesn't really matter. new cypher set will be in the game to continue that story

q-new to the game, looking to get into it. seems to be hard to learn all at once. is this as hard to get into as gh?
a-it's about the same scale as fh. there may be a tutorial but that's the reason for jotl

q-original gh was semi-cooperative: can't trade items, etc. with the town building up will this be more collaborative?
a-the town will be collaborative (can pool resources to build the building) but characters still do their own things

q-any plan going forward for a reset mechanic to build the town again after finishing?
a-talking about it, can't give specifics but may do a recharge pack later on

q-any thoughts to make it more asymmetrical/antagonistic between characters, just to shake things up
a-toyed with pvp mode during original game, didn't really work. initiative was too important. haven't revisited since then.

q-update on merch store, mindthief plush?
a-getting that up asap, been focused on pax but that's the next focus. no plushies :( will have pins/coins/shirts/pint glasses

q-calendar has summer/winter, is this just one year? how far does time pass per scenario?
a-multiple years, cycles between good/bad things happening. currently every time you do a scenario (or set of linked scenarios) advances one time unit, 15 units per season, but still playtesting

Phelddagrif fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 7, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I am so hype for this and it sucks that the Kickstarter begins in March and release probably won't be until early 2021.

My group is definitely going to bootleg the level 1 cards and try them out.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Sounds like it'll be much less important which characters loot, and it's a relief to hear that they're revamping personal quests; both of those feel very welcome. That complexity creep is scary, though.

FH status effects: Bane feels pretty dodgy. I get that Execute was sometimes overpowered, but I really hope they don't follow through on going back and turning all the old characters' executes into "maybe do 10 damage after the enemy's next turn". Brittle seems weird, especially since it sounds like it's going to be primarily caused by monsters; applied a player it'll often do nothing since you still only lose one card to negate all the damage.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

NRVNQSR posted:

Sounds like it'll be much less important which characters loot, and it's a relief to hear that they're revamping personal quests; both of those feel very welcome. That complexity creep is scary, though.

FH status effects: Bane feels pretty dodgy. I get that Execute was sometimes overpowered, but I really hope they don't follow through on going back and turning all the old characters' executes into "maybe do 10 damage after the enemy's next turn". Brittle seems weird, especially since it sounds like it's going to be primarily caused by monsters; applied a player it'll often do nothing since you still only lose one card to negate all the damage.

FH status effect: I just got that part in the stream, maybe he talks about retroactively applying later? but for now it sounds like its mostly a way for monsters to have a similar mechanic as a way to fight back and maybe use it in places they would have previously given a new class an execute. It seems like a pretty big change to the existing executes, and you'd obviously need to reprint all those cards to avoid massive confusion (and probably rebalance like adding another attack to make them as worthwhile).

I do think the "maybe" is not necessary, since monster heals or typically so rare and unwieldy that it would be super rare for a monster to not suffer that damage (plus I assume bane would be a "suffer" and thus not blocked by shields or subject to misses, which would still be huge)

EDIT: oh he does in the Q&A portion say "maybe". Again I would be surprised if they just flat out replaced any current execute with just a bane without doing any other kind of balancing, since there's obviously some higher level losses that can execute elites, so going "okay this is also just a bane loss" would be unbalanced

Guy A. Person fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 7, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Come to the LP thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3877469&perpage=40&pagenumber=97#post500593341 and help us pick the replacement for our retired Cragheart! SPOILER NOTE: the link contains spoilers for Scenario 81 and Two-Minis and spoiled text for the last unlocked class Angry Face.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Narsham posted:

Also, you do know that you can lose (not discard, lose) a card from your hand or two cards from your discards to prevent damage from an attack, right? I can’t tell if “destroy” means “exhausted” or “forced to lose several cards” in your account.

Yeah, tinkerer was forced to lose two hand cards in that attack due to low health. The multi attack on one target is brutal

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Thanks for the PAX reports! Looks awesome, I can't wait.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
New expansion characters all look really fun. A little more complicated, but very interesting.

I'm also trying to determine value of bless. Obviously situational, like everything. I just haven't been able to decide if I should judge it as doubling a characters Crit chance, or if it's much more marginal since it's only one card in a potentially large combat deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Lemony posted:

New expansion characters all look really fun. A little more complicated, but very interesting.

I'm also trying to determine value of bless. Obviously situational, like everything. I just haven't been able to decide if I should judge it as doubling a characters Crit chance, or if it's much more marginal since it's only one card in a potentially large combat deck.
It's highly dependent on your deck size. For Scoundrel and Mindthief it's really great. For something like Brute or Cragheart, less so.