Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Gonz posted:

Palpatine: “And now, Kylo Ren, I shall whoop your rear end!”

*shoots force lightning at Kylo’s face, melting it off*

Palpatine: “Hahahahahah, ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!”

This is now canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
kylo ren getting his face melted off and being thrown into a pit it maybe the only thing better than him being thrown into a pit

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Kylo's face gets melted and somehow he ends up with a less weird face. For some reason this instantly kills reylo forevermore

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why does disneys blandness work in marvel but not in star wars?

as far as the mainstream audience is concerned marvel might as well have not existed before the MCU (except like, x-men and spiderman but that's another conversation)

meanwhile the star wars films are some of the most well-known celebrated movies of all time, there's decades-worth of strong nostalgia in people's minds about those films so that'll set different expectations

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

No Mods No Masters posted:

Kylo's face gets melted and somehow he ends up with a less weird face. For some reason this instantly kills reylo forevermore

Force ghost Han tells him to close his eyes when Palps opens some box from Amazon.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kylo Ren has Boba Fett's jetpack and escapes the Pit with the help of Smoke and Ed Boon.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I suspect the face-melting scene will just be a flashback to RotS.

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Horizon Burning posted:

In the case of Boyega and Isaac, I have the feeling they weren't too happy about playing 'goofy black guy comic relief' and 'hotheaded, misogynistic Latino.'

Wait there's a latino in star wars?

That guy's white as gently caress. Stop trying to trick me.

ThanosWasRight fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 10, 2019

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

ThanosWasRight posted:

This will blow your mind: there's white Latinos, black Latinos, brown Latinos, and I even heard there's polka-dot Latinos.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vintersorg posted:

Here's some knights.

if these geeks arent a direct steal from seven samurais or rashomon id give abrahams props

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

ThanosWasRight posted:

Oscar Isaac is his stage name, his full name is Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada. He was born in Guatemala. I won't pretend I didn't look that up on Wikipedia, but he is recognizably Latino. It is funny that studios have cast him as Jewish, Egyptian, Italian, and Slovakian though.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

pospysyl posted:

Oscar Isaac is his stage name, his full name is Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada. He was born in Guatemala. I won't pretend I didn't look that up on Wikipedia, but he is recognizably Latino. It is funny that studios have cast him as Jewish, Egyptian, Italian, and Slovakian though.

Eyyyy, hell yeah! There's a sizable variation in literal race in Guatemala, yeah. It's a Spanish colonialism thing.

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

This will blow your mind: there's white Latinos, black Latinos, brown Latinos, and I even heard there's polka-dot Latinos.

Yes but his name in the movie isn't latino. He isn't portrayed as Latino. He doesn't speak spanish. His name is Poe Dameron for fucks sake. If anything he's portrayed as Italian.

Also making good Star Wars films is actually very very easy.

See you go, find a really good classic japanese/western film, change the characters to jedi/sith and rebels/empire and that's all you loving need to do.

That's why Rogue One is good, it's just a Star Wars version of Seven Samurai/The Magnificent Seven.

Just as A New Hope is The Hidden Fortress/Stagecoach.

They should have just adapted The Good the Bad and the Ugly and been done with it.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Why do you think he's portrayed as Italian? What Italian characteristics does he have?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I thought we'd established Watto's the Italian.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ThanosWasRight posted:

Yes but his name in the movie isn't latino. He isn't portrayed as Latino. He doesn't speak spanish. His name is Poe Dameron for fucks sake. If anything he's portrayed as Italian.

Also making good Star Wars films is actually very very easy.

See you go, find a really good classic japanese/western film, change the characters to jedi/sith and rebels/empire and that's all you loving need to do.

That's why Rogue One is good, it's just a Star Wars version of Seven Samurai/The Magnificent Seven.

Just as A New Hope is The Hidden Fortress/Stagecoach.

They should have just adapted The Good the Bad and the Ugly and been done with it.

You know, that would be pretty cool. Star Wars themed remakes/ripoffs of other, more successful films. At least we know we'd get something proven to be doable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Once Star Wars hits the public domain long after were all dead maybe someone can do something good with it with a decent budget.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I vote for My Dinner With Ackbar.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

ThanosWasRight posted:

wait what

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

ThanosWasRight posted:

I guess that's why Poe is always yelling, "EYYYYY, I'M WALKIN' HEAH!" and constantly demanding gabagool.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

ThanosWasRight posted:

:crossarms:

e: maybe you're thinking of the dirty dozen?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Barudak posted:

Once Star Wars hits the public domain long after were all dead maybe someone can do something good with it with a decent budget.

These are just the same post and they're both good

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

romanowski posted:

:crossarms:

e: maybe you're thinking of the dirty dozen?
Well they're all essentially the same genre of "movie with a number in the name," so sure.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Barudak posted:

Once Star Wars hits the public domain

haha

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I didnt say how long after we were dead, I assume Disneys lawyers will be active up through the heat death of the universe.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

If this movie ends with adam driver getting his dopey face melted off with force lightning then I might have to give it a chance.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

G-III posted:

If this movie ends with adam driver getting his dopey face melted off with force lightning then I might have to give it a chance.

Kylo Ren gonna look like Emil from Robocop after being doused with toxic sludge.

“Ahhhhhhh! Ahhhhhh! Hellllllp meeeeeeeeeeee! Ahhhhh”

And then that dirtbag gets cast into THE PIT, never to be seen again.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Gonz posted:

And then that dirtbag gets cast into THE PIT, never to be seen again.

And then he returns as a main villain in episode XII for some reason

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

TFA at least had Rey’s Theme and Jedi Steps, does TLJ have any memorable music at all? I’ve seen it several times and nothing sticks. The movie is so devoid of sweep and grandeur.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

nemesis_hub posted:

TFA at least had Rey’s Theme and Jedi Steps, does TLJ have any memorable music at all? I’ve seen it several times and nothing sticks. The movie is so devoid of sweep and grandeur.

the music when the fathiers are rampaging (especially when they are running across the moonlit beach thats classic john williams right there), and when luke faces down the first order at the end owns. The Resistance Theme, Kylo's Theme, and Rey's theme are all so good though I enjoy most of the music where they return in various forms, like the throne room scene.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I'm the grenades that are dangerously close to the neck

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I suppose the lowest one is perfectly safe?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

pospysyl posted:

Why do you think he's portrayed as Italian? What Italian characteristics does he have?

Remember that scene in TFA where goes "Bada bing, bada boom!" after shooting down a TIE fighter?

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
My favorite part of Poes character is how hes always telling people how "thats not how you really make *instert traditional pasta dish here*" and how he constantly over pronounces various cheeses with a thick accent.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Poe sharing a string of spaghetti with BB-8 and kissing at the end was drat cute.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I really liked the scene where he had to prove he could be loyal to the rebellion and the pope.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

AT-ST? AT-SA matta wit you!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's a comic showing that before he joined the Resistance, Poe was a plumber who collected coins.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Look at this guys. He's WHITE AS HELL says shitposter ThanosWasRight.

Nevermind that Diego Luna was out promoting the movie and bringing up how big of a deal this is for Latino actors.

Maybe keep your uneducated ideas on race out of here or maybe you can show us what a "Real Latino" looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Pictured: ThanosWasRight (right) and someone he thinks is Italian (left)