Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Trowa runs out of ammo while using a Taurus, that's just his style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

It works out if you imagine him as having been the project lead on Wing Zero and constantly having to defend his project from the others trying to add bat wings and flamethrower dragon heads, or suggestions to fill every orifice with micro missiles. He finally gets to make a Gundam by himself, hell yeah he's gonna make a super sweet Wing Gundam that doesn't melt peoples brains.

i now believe this to be factual

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I want a version of the HeavyArms Gundam that's just "Oops, All Missiles". Once it's fired off every micro-missile and bullet, all that should be remaining is panels and the inner skeleton.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I want a version of the HeavyArms Gundam that's just "Oops, All Missiles". Once it's fired off every micro-missile and bullet, all that should be remaining is panels and the inner skeleton.

Even those should end up being missiles

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ah, the Trypophobia Gundam.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

drrockso20 posted:

Even those should end up being missiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJDBwjUHdPU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Gundam Zabanya was Basically Just Missiles.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Those are just small three-pack missile pods mounted onto a Gundam. The HeavyArms packs missiles everywhere they will fit IN the Gundam and then mounts even more in pods by the dozen. :colbert:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Those are just small three-pack missile pods mounted onto a Gundam. The HeavyArms packs missiles everywhere they will fit IN the Gundam and then mounts even more in pods by the dozen. :colbert:

Isn't that the Prometheus from Frozen Teardrop?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So a Gundam that's made of the the GP-03's weapons pod?

Onmi posted:

... Is that a Wolfwood Gundam?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

There was a planned mod to the GP02 to give it six missile launchers in place of the warhead carrier :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Onmi posted:

I dearly want an HG or MG Prometheus Gundam so badly :sigh:.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Onmi posted:

And as a bonus the Prometheus will never run out of ammo because NANOMACHINES SON!

No seriously, if the scuttlebutt is accurate there's an onboard Nanomachine plant that continuously generates more missiles so the Prometheus can fire all the missiles forever.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I like to imagine that in a particularly hard battle the entire frame would start diminishing so Trowa could fire more missiles and/or bullets, using the frame as material to do so. And then, he ends up self-destructing by launching the cockpit inside one last missile right in to the enemy.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I want a wing side story that details how in the world did Trowa keep finding extra ammo and missles for his gundam when he was travelling around with that circus.

... Actually how the hell did the wing boys, other than Trowa, who has his entourage, manage to get supplies/fuel for their gundams?!

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 11, 2019

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
We’re shown that they’re willing to steal from each other, at least. Which makes sense, because who else is going to have Gundam parts?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

iospace posted:

There was a planned mod to the GP02 to give it six missile launchers in place of the warhead carrier :v:

It's even playable in GBO2.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Monaghan posted:

I want a wing side story that details how in the world did Trowa keep finding extra ammo and missles for his gundam when he was travelling around with that circus.

... Actually how the hell did the wing boys, other than Trowa, who has his entourage, manage to get supplies/fuel for their gundams?!

Wufei pays for a bunch of weapons at one point and Duo's got Howard and his ship for the first part, then Quatre and Quatre's mercenary core for the second. Heero straight up steals what he needs and pays for somethings in GoL.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Heero is also probably stealing a bunch of cash too via his computer. It's how he paid for multiple schools IIRC.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's even playable in GBO2.

As is the version with a Beam Bazooka instead of the Nuclear Bazooka(which hasn't been added yet)

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Assuming in Gundam Wing Land you don’t have much wear and tear on parts and the reactors never need fuel, Trowa is really the only pilot who has meaningful sustained costs. Everyone else is primarily beam and melee focused outside of the Vulcans and flamethrower fuel.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i want to know why wufei's gundam's extendo-arms was a tech that wasn't utilized in the epyon or the zero gundam. i don't know if there's any fluff justifying how the hell the extendo-arm worked and i'm not sure i want to know, but if you have the tech why aren't you putting it on god drat everything, seems pretty all around useful

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

i want to know why wufei's gundam's extendo-arms was a tech that wasn't utilized in the epyon or the zero gundam. i don't know if there's any fluff justifying how the hell the extendo-arm worked and i'm not sure i want to know, but if you have the tech why aren't you putting it on god drat everything, seems pretty all around useful

Because having a flamethrower in space is a huge waste of gas.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Azubah posted:

Flamethrowers are only one part of the extendo arm, and aren't even featured on Nataku (movie version. stupid fucker wufei's brainworms of calling it anything but shenlong has rendered names useless).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

I would assume that it weakens the arms structurally. Extendo-arms are more delicate and complex than regular arms.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

do shenlong/nataku's extendo-arms ever break?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I mean the real injustice of Wing is that that gently caress Wufei gets one of the coolest Gundams and Epyon reminds my brother of a mechanical dominatrix.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ethiser posted:

Assuming in Gundam Wing Land you don’t have much wear and tear on parts and the reactors never need fuel, Trowa is really the only pilot who has meaningful sustained costs. Everyone else is primarily beam and melee focused outside of the Vulcans and flamethrower fuel.

You'd still need like, any maintenance at all

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I mean the real injustice of Wing is that that gently caress Wufei gets one of the coolest Gundams and Epyon reminds my brother of a mechanical dominatrix.

you say that like its a bad thing

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Warmachine posted:

you say that like its a bad thing

Oh for me it's great, my brother just likes to make good natured fun of me for liking Epyon (and Gundam in general since it's not for ladied for some reason in his mind). If Epyon is truly the manifestation of Treize's ID there are a lot of questions it both raises and answers.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Monaghan posted:

I always assumed Trowa got his ammo from battlefield salvage. I have to look and see if his guns use the same type of bullets as the Leo and other OZ suits do. Maybe that's how he gets some of his missiles as well, salvage from destroyed Aries suits.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

OptimusShr posted:

I always assumed Trowa got his ammo from battlefield salvage. I have to look and see if his guns use the same type of bullets as the Leo and other OZ suits do. Maybe that's how he gets some of his missiles as well, salvage from destroyed Aries suits.

The real reason he's the highest killing Gundam ace.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I was like "Wait, those are Yanase panels that flip out to launch missiles."

Checked the designer. Yes. Yes they loving are.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

OptimusShr posted:

I'm not entirely sure of the feasibility of Trowa trawling around a battlefield in a truck trying to fish unexploded ordinance out of the mangled and scattered ruins of an army of mobile suits he just exploded with missiles and vulcans.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Trowa is an Ork

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Azubah posted:

What's the most fuel efficient gundam?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
isn't that like the Stargazer's whole deal?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Any 00 gundam

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Tae posted:

Any 00 gundam

Yeah, weren't solar furnaces basically infinite magic particle sources or something? The Stargazer might have a novel laser beam light sail thing, but any 00 with a furnace basically has infinite delta V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Warmachine posted:

Yeah, weren't solar furnaces basically infinite magic particle sources or something? The Stargazer might have a novel laser beam light sail thing, but any 00 with a furnace basically has infinite delta V.

The out of series data describes them as semi-perpetual energy machines. Given what we know from the series, there has been some delving into the theoretical sci-fi behind them, and the best guess is that they work off of catalyzing proton decay by way of magnetic monopoles. When they decay they create gamma photons which are fairly high energy and can be captured by high efficiency solar panels inside the reactor. Hence why it would be called a solar furnace. The actual fuel for the reactor is molecular hydrogen, which is basically everywhere, which is why it can run more or less infinitely.

It is fairly nonsense given what we know of actual physics, but like most well written sci-fi it holds just close enough to reality that it sounds good unless you do a deep dive into why it wouldn't work.

Edit: Found the Link that talks about this. Fun reading on the theoreticals behind it.