Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/1205590263953084416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"Hitlerite" is such a bomb-rear end word. I really should get that into my active vocabulary

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

System Metternich posted:

Is that a Metallteil in your Unterhose or are you just happy to see me? :heysexy:

I always knew there was overlap between preppers and Nazis lmao (it is a circle).

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/FJ_Murau/status/1093836221942505472

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh, what's this? Just the Sachsen-Anhalt CDU circling the wagons around an obvious Neonazi (as in, black sun tattoo and member of a militant fash Verein) in their ranks. Cool.

https://twitter.com/schulzeeuropa/status/1205852072240963584

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

The LibDems are getting owned hard.

But even with perfectly proportional representation, that would have been a Tory victory. They'd just need to offer the LibDems a second referendum to get them on-board and get a majority. While a Labour government would have to manage a coalition with the LibDems (doubtful) but also simultaneously the SNP and the Green Party to get barely above 50%.

I get your point, but a second referendum is something a hardcore brexiteer like Johnson would hardly offer. Taxes on plastic bags on the other hand ....

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Wir sollten uns allmählich damit abfinden, dass die Bundesländer im Osten sich niemals ändern werden und dass es vielleicht an der Zeit wäre, die Oder-Neisse-Grenze durch die Mosel-Weser-Linie zu ersetzen.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Free Goons are Great

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Bahntwitter today was wild

https://twitter.com/dergazetteur/status/1206209292459761664

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Oh, gently caress the Basel-Hamburg line? :rip:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Is that like typical for the line? Cos I swear the same thing happened to me when I was coming from Basel SBB and they just went „haha no not serving that stop today“ and started the ICE at Badischer Bahnhof instead.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Zwille posted:

Is that like typical for the line? Cos I swear the same thing happened to me when I was coming from Basel SBB and they just went „haha no not serving that stop today“ and started the ICE at Badischer Bahnhof instead.

This train is never not überfüllt. I get on at Freiburg, the second loving stop, and it's full. No matter what day, no matter what time. gently caress everything about that loving train and gently caress the Bahn's lovely PR team.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
I’ve never been in an ICE that wasn’t überfüllt.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bahntwitter reminds me of BVG Twitter, which is very good

https://twitter.com/BVG_Kampagne/status/1205124244415361024?s=20

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

posting is praxis, actually

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

posting is praxis, actually

That poster makes a valid point. Or at least he would, if we lived in a world were stopping climate change were still a possibility.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

What's a good place to emigrate to? The Baltics seem cool, but idk about sitting next to da Russkies in a country that size, plus idk if I can take days even shorter than here. Hamburg in the winter already is kinda lovely, and I haven't checked their Parteienlandschaften yet.

e: asking out of some vague mixture of Abenteuerlust and Nazipanik.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

What's a good place to emigrate to? The Baltics seem cool, but idk about sitting next to da Russkies in a country that size, plus idk if I can take days even shorter than here. Hamburg in the winter already is kinda lovely, and I haven't checked their Parteienlandschaften yet.

I have bad news for you.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Aw that's a bummer.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Literally the best place to live in the world is Berlin op

e: difficult to move to these days tho since the rest of the world has also figured this out

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Fraid we're gonna have to agree to disagree on that mijn hart but thanks as always for helping

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Better dead than BER'd

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sereri posted:

Better dead than BER'd

Please convince the rest of the world of this op because

bbr posted:

Wohnungssuche in Berlin-Schöneberg Zwei Zimmer, 550 Euro warm, 1.749 Interessenten

25.11.19 | 10:52 Uhr

Fast 1.800 Interessenten nach zwölf Stunden. Die Anzeige eines Berliner Hausverwalters hat einen Ansturm auf eine freie Mietwohnung in Schöneberg ausgelöst. Ein krasses Beispiel, das die angespannte Situation auf dem Wohnungsmarkt veranschaulicht. Von Milan Panek

(...)

https://www.rbb24.de/panorama/beitrag/2019/11/wohnung-besichtigung-berlin-schoeneberg-massen-miete.html

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I was reading up on danzig today when I came accross a few very obscure "free danzig" slogans and etc. Is this still an issue in any germans mind? Not saying it should be. Just asking for the sake of my own research into the topic.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Hmm yeah sounds like a great city to live in

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

aphid_licker posted:

South Korea?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I was reading up on danzig today when I came accross a few very obscure "free danzig" slogans and etc. Is this still an issue in any germans mind? Not saying it should be. Just asking for the sake of my own research into the topic.

Well yeah, but they’re all Nazis, and I’m pretty sure that even amongst them this is becoming less of an issue as time goes on. The vast majority of Germans don’t really care about the lost territories outside of maybe personal connections (something like a third of today’s population is either old enough to have been subject to the post-WW2 expulsions or is descended from those who were) which normally don’t translate into a desire to see Danzig return to the fatherland

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

They're talking about the band Danzig. They've been in prison for a couple years for crimes against music.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Just LOL at calling a place where 14% of people vote for Nazis the "best place in the world".

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

They're talking about the band Danzig. They've been in prison for a couple years for crimes against music.

ok boomer

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Berlin ist spießig geworden

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news op

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Randler posted:

South Korea?

Please do not advertise self-harm.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Berlin ist vor allem nicht mehr so schön seit den Bombardements und so

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Actually that is good. Demolish all Altbauten and replace them with soulless 50 story concrete apartment blocks.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Literally only allow buildings of 150m or higher in Berlin.
gently caress Schwaben and their Kleinstadtwunsch

Edit: Bayern are counted as Schwaben as they are functionally identical

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Raze Berlin and build a giant Hakenkreuz on the ruins so that the rest of the country will finally have a reason to like it

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Sulla Faex posted:

Raze Berlin
:hmmyes:

Sulla Faex posted:

and build a giant Hakenkreuz on the ruins so that the rest of the country will finally have a reason to like it
:hmmno:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Giffey looked at this a full day later with all information available and decided "Hmm, yes, I should make the same mistake as the Bahn did. That'll be a good look."

quote:

Franziska Giffey (SPD) hat sich zum Foto der Klimaaktivistin Greta Thunberg aus der Deutschen Bahn geäußert. Angesprochen auf das Foto sagte die Bundesfamilienministerin der Bild, sie habe das so verstanden, dass Thunberg auf dem ersten Teil der Strecke keinen und später doch einen Sitzplatz gehabt habe. "Sie hat den zweiten Teil der Geschichte halt nicht öffentlich erzählt, wahrscheinlich wusste sie, warum. Klar, das ist auch ein Stück weit Selbstinszenierung", sagte Giffey.
https://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/zeitgeschehen/2019-12/bahn-foto-greta-thunberg-franziska-giffey-selbstinszenierung

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Wie kann man so doof sein, also wirklich. Ist sich zu blamieren deren Fetisch oder sind bei denen die Englisch-Kenntnisse zu niedrig um diese 1-2 Sätze im Original-Tweet richtig zu lesen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Berlin is okay if you're a student, seeing as the cheapest rooms in this city are studentenwohnheimen. You'll have to get lucky (I only found my room by sheer luck), but once you're in, you're in until the end of your studies if you want to be. At least, that's the case with my one - I just have to give them my letter of registration for each semester, and I'm good until next semester.