Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It’s the 4th part of a series. People are obviously going to discuss it in relation to the previous parts regardless of who worked on it and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Video of the previous screenshots:

https://twitter.com/Digi_advntr20th/status/1189469425990193153

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

In Cyber Sleuth, is having a big rotating bank of digimon preferable or should I just focus on a few? I've been doing the former just because I like seeing what all the evos are and thanks to the farm glitch I can just let boys level up during work.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Moriatti posted:

In Cyber Sleuth, is having a big rotating bank of digimon preferable or should I just focus on a few? I've been doing the former just because I like seeing what all the evos are and thanks to the farm glitch I can just let boys level up during work.

I'd say focus on a few, maybe ones you want to use but also make sure you try to keep an even spread of Virus Vaccine Data just so you can switch in teams to hit the RPS weakness.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Moriatti posted:

I'd say it's more important to have your party be properly balanced and leveled. If you wanna swap mons out regularly so you're looking at something new, that's your choice, just make sure your damage doesn't too much of a hit.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Armadimon says exactly two things in that entire clip and both are “dagya”.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Did the 02 kids also get recast like the Adventure crew did or are any of their original Japanese VA’s confirmed to be coming back?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They’re all new actors.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Nodosaur posted:

Armadimon says exactly two things in that entire clip and both are “dagya”.

Hopefully all he says in the entire movie. We no longer have Robert Axelrod to dub him anymore.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Moriatti posted:

What's the Farm Glitch?

But to answer your question do whatever as long as you keep your party strong. If you can keep it so you have appropriately evolved digimon of a good spread of attributes you're going to be fine.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

mateo360 posted:

Hopefully all he says in the entire movie. We no longer have Robert Axelrod to dub him anymore.

I’m not really in favor of thinking a character should be mute in the entire movie because the English voice who wasn’t really appropriate as him in the first place can’t be used.

With all due respect to Mr. Axelrod, of course. But Armadimon and Wormmon both need new actors that make them sound younger.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Moriatti posted:

Any Digimon can become anything if you're creative with digivolving, so just focus on a few. I guess it's the Pokemon habit, but I usually have a team of 6 (and a trio of platnumemons).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Omnicrom posted:

What's the Farm Glitch?

Also curious about that.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Omnicrom posted:

What's the Farm Glitch?

But to answer your question do whatever as long as you keep your party strong. If you can keep it so you have appropriately evolved digimon of a good spread of attributes you're going to be fine.

I think someone in this thread mentioned it earlier, but in the Switch version, the Farm continually operates even while the Switch is in sleep mode.

EDIT: My switch wants to update the game but I am hoping this didn't get patched out, does the changelog exist anywhere?

Moriatti fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 30, 2019

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I'd say two full farms + your party is the sweet spot by the end of the game. As they said, any Digimon can turn into anything with creative digivolution/dedigivolution paths; too few digimon means you won't have the freedom to reconfigure your party without massive grinding but too many means your digimon will have less CAM/ABI/Techs on average.

Why do Bank Expansion Drives exist, though? Why would you keep a huge number of digimon there?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The 02 kids trailer is now subbed, though it's not all that interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB38IN6wCSY

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Petiso posted:

Why do Bank Expansion Drives exist, though? Why would you keep a huge number of digimon there?

Because some of us like to show off our massive collection of Pokemon Digimon

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Petiso posted:

I'd say two full farms + your party is the sweet spot by the end of the game. As they said, any Digimon can turn into anything with creative digivolution/dedigivolution paths; too few digimon means you won't have the freedom to reconfigure your party without massive grinding but too many means your digimon will have less CAM/ABI/Techs on average.

Because the insane amount of grinding in Cyber Sleuth gives you more scam data than you can handle.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Anyone here still play ReArise? If there's no goon guild yet, here's mine.

I'm still liking this game a lot somehow. It helps that there's a pretty steady flow of premium currency.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Last Evolution trailer and it looks super interesting, hopefully it won't disappoint...again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg98Mj6-_e8

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This actually doesn’t look half bad to be honest. Hopefully it’ll be decent (and maybe they’ll actually follow through and give the Adventure crew a break for a while after this, but I’m not holding my breath on that).

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
On one hand, if the 02 ending is canon then they’ll worm their way outta this one, but on the other saying definitively that it’s time to move on would be the perfect ending for adventure, and the 02 ending is still bad so why not wipe it out. Back on the other hand though, no Agumon pls don’t go :cry:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I think they'll definitely find some way out of the time limit they're pitching, and I'm totally fine with that.

"gently caress it, we'll make our own decisions and forge our own destiny and find a new way" is all at once a good note to go out on, appropriate for the tone of the trailer and the themes it's putting forward, works perfectly with how it's being pitched to its audience, and as a bonus stands as a refutation of some of Tri's most annoying bits.

One of the worst things in the 02 ending was how unearned it was. Let's go and earn it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Looks promising! It’s good to see the 02 crew getting some action, too. I have to admit though, I kinda wish they would have followed up on the Dark Gennai plot hook of Tri if only for closure.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I wanna open a noodle cart!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Given the context, I'm guessing Agumon and Gabumon are going to Biomerge Digivolve.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SpazmasterX posted:

Given the context, I'm guessing Agumon and Gabumon are going to Biomerge Digivolve.

The perfect foreshadowing for the Tamers sequel.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This looks dope. Im excited.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Remind me again, is this going to just be a standalone movie or another series of movies like Tri was?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

Remind me again, is this going to just be a standalone movie or another series of movies like Tri was?

It's just one movie.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

At least until they realize they've got another cash cow on their hands and Hobbit the thing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Why is Daisuke wearing Taiki’s clothes in this trailer?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
my sister's family gave me the 20th anniversary virtual pet for christmas and despite the fact that i've had nothing to do with Digimon since that childhood period with the original virtual pets, a bit of the TCG with my brother, and the cartoon up to some point with the second set of kids with the Veemon/goggles guy it's heckin' nostalgic to have another little yellow LCD machine to shove in my handbag except now it lets me have two of the little pixel cuties on one machine and it has a ladder of computer controlled critters my guys can beat up on

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
So, this is a bit of a clever way to drop a bit of a bombshell (in regards to news) but with the announcement of the one night event airing for Kizuna (subbed) in theaters, there's a bonus in the special features section of the posting.

The Fathom Events page for Kizuna

Along with an exclusive interview about the movie, there's a trailer listed for a new Digimon TV series.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seiyal posted:

So, this is a bit of a clever way to drop a bit of a bombshell (in regards to news) but with the announcement of the one night event airing for Kizuna (subbed) in theaters, there's a bonus in the special features section of the posting.

The Fathom Events page for Kizuna

Along with an exclusive interview about the movie, there's a trailer listed for a new Digimon TV series.

Some details on this new series seem to have come out and it’s....more Digimon Adventure:

https://withthewill.net/threads/22864-New-Digimon-series-is-Digimon-Adventure

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
No theme of growing up and having to move on will ever be able to stand against the tide of capitalism and cashing in on nostalgia.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sigh. I wish I could be surprised but Adventure is to Digimon like Kanto is to Pokemon. Horribly exploitable even though cashing in on the nostalgia has consistently been one of the worst parts of the franchise.

That said this goes overboard, at least until now we got continuations of what Adventure did, even if they were not good. Here it's just a complete reboot and...why? Digimon anime has always been creative and unique, and now it'll just redo what we've already seen (except most likely worse, absolutely nothing of that post gives me even the slightest bit of hope beyond having an actually competent writer like Tomioka around) for no other reason than exploiting nostalgia.

It's even worse considering that Konaka still wants that Tamers sequel and at least that would be something brand-new for the franchise, or hell, how Appmon's driving point was to not be Adventure again and redefine Digimon for modern times. None of that matters though, because Adventure is the only thing Toei will ever care for.

At least the games are now good, even if they aren't lacking in the Adventure nostalgia themselves (the latest Survive character is Mimi in all but name). Hopefully Survive will come out soon.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Motherfucker why

Like, yeah, Digimon Adventure could stand for a re-animated series at some point, but can we not do this

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think the part that I'm least happy about is that the dub is gonna lose its stupid charm in a remake. The original Adventure dub was... I don't want to say slapdash, but it was on the frontier (:j:) of 90s anime dubs. We might get a really good dub, I hope we will, but if they try to just repeat the steps without the freedom of the original dance, it's going to feel stiff and lifeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Who even holds the Digimon license in NA anyways

It was a Saban thing back in the day but I don't think they held the rights to anything recent

So what's the best case scenario here? What's something that could salvage this. Maybe this is set before season 2 but after season 1, and they can just redo season 2 for us. Bring in the newer kids later in less...troubled ways. Explore the Dark Ocean concept better