Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
BOY'S MAN MAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

hosed up that people are talking about the most recent jojo manga in this, the thread for talking about the jojo manga

gas this thread and lock it until part 9 begins imo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think Jojolion is good

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

GimmickMan posted:

hosed up that people are talking about the most recent jojo manga in this, the thread for talking about the jojo manga

were people complaining about this? I must've missed it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm excited to read it as a "whole" once its done. reading month to month probably isn't doing it any favors

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I’ll say it: Jojolion is good.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

NickRoweFillea posted:

I’ll say it: Jojolion is good.

:yeah:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm rewatching jojo with a friend who hasn't seen it, and after the empress fight i gotta say, Joseph is still by FAR my favorite jojo even after catching up through the end of p7.

Joseph haters don't @ me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

@Son of Thunderbeast

Deal with it bud

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
https://twitter.com/Quackondorf/status/1201673544394059777

Just saw this post and it got me to actually take a close look at Hot Pants' outfit for the first time.

Is she wearing like an off-the-shoulder pink shirt, but with an extra strap, over some kind of chainmail turtleneck? With big metal leaf/flower pins just stuck all over it at random?

I love Araki's design sense lol

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
What religion is Hot Pants?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

catholic

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zeruel posted:

What religion is Hot Pants?
She's a nun from the Vatican IIRC, so extremely Catholic

Josuke Higashikata posted:

@Son of Thunderbeast

Deal with it bud
Nani?!!

I think what sets Joseph apart from the other jojos, and why I love him so much, is that while other jojos get into pinches and have to puzzle their way out of the situation (or in Jonathan's case, MUSCLE and HONOR his way through), they're mostly very serious and treat the situations with the appropriate gravity, which is good and fine, but Joseph instead does poo poo that looks dumb as hell at the time. Sometimes on purpose (e.g. acting like he's trying to run away from the Pillar Men, one my favorite Joseph moments), sometimes just because he's operating on a whole nother level and his enemies just don't understand his idiot-savant-ness (e.g. the Empress fight where she's like "why you running away from the others idiot" and Joseph's like "gotcha sucker, now your next line is this, YEAH I STILL GOT IT BABY)"

I love trickster characters, and Joseph is the trickster Jojo who lulls you into underestimating him before he owns you

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Patware posted:

the really funny thing about determinedly posting that jojolion is bad is that nobody is really here saying that jojolion is extremely good

we're all here like 'yeah it's serviceable with some hilarious wild poo poo' and this guy's like "NO GODS NO KINGS"

Jojolion owns bones actually.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Milagro Man was fun, I wish it had lasted a bit longer but the ending being Joshu just telling the stand's rules to go gently caress itself and dunking on the guy who spread it to him in the first place was funny

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Jojolion would probably be more enjoyable if the translation wasn't so exhausting to read

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Josuke getting massively hosed up just so he can get to the hospital to beat the poo poo out of that doctor rules, actually.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like that there are multiple instances of our protagonist actively choosing to gently caress themselves up.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I just like how direct it is in solving the problem. It's such a clever solution in its simplicity.

I really need to read over the story again while keeping the themes of identity and family in mind, I feel like that'll help me jog my appreciation for Jojolion more.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

She's a nun from the Vatican IIRC, so extremely Catholic

Nani?!!

I think what sets Joseph apart from the other jojos, and why I love him so much, is that while other jojos get into pinches and have to puzzle their way out of the situation (or in Jonathan's case, MUSCLE and HONOR his way through), they're mostly very serious and treat the situations with the appropriate gravity, which is good and fine, but Joseph instead does poo poo that looks dumb as hell at the time. Sometimes on purpose (e.g. acting like he's trying to run away from the Pillar Men, one my favorite Joseph moments), sometimes just because he's operating on a whole nother level and his enemies just don't understand his idiot-savant-ness (e.g. the Empress fight where she's like "why you running away from the others idiot" and Joseph's like "gotcha sucker, now your next line is this, YEAH I STILL GOT IT BABY)"

I love trickster characters, and Joseph is the trickster Jojo who lulls you into underestimating him before he owns you

Another thing Joseph has over the other Joestars is that he's a funny extrovert surrounded by introverts. He might not have the layers that the others do, but he's always entertaining with his attempts at humor, loud shouting in English or being an actual dumbass.

Joseph owns.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

Another thing Joseph has over the other Joestars is that he's a funny extrovert surrounded by introverts. He might not have the layers that the others do, but he's always entertaining with his attempts at humor, loud shouting in English or being an actual dumbass.

Joseph owns.

If you ask me, Joseph also has the advantage of probably the best introduction episode of all JoJos

Look at this goof, barely aware of the vampire threat catching up on him. Oh wow, he noticed Straizo... Oh. Not only did he know what was coming, he's extremely well-prepared. And he knows right away what's up with Straizo. AND HE BROUGHT A loving TOMMY GUN HOLY poo poo

Everyone should have to watch the finale of part 1 directly followed by the intro of part 2. It's the perfect way of hooking you on the insane JoJo logic that permeates the entire series.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jojo is epic.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Torquemadras posted:

If you ask me, Joseph also has the advantage of probably the best introduction episode of all JoJos

Look at this goof, barely aware of the vampire threat catching up on him. Oh wow, he noticed Straizo... Oh. Not only did he know what was coming, he's extremely well-prepared. And he knows right away what's up with Straizo. AND HE BROUGHT A loving TOMMY GUN HOLY poo poo

Everyone should have to watch the finale of part 1 directly followed by the intro of part 2. It's the perfect way of hooking you on the insane JoJo logic that permeates the entire series.

on the other hand, four balls has four balls

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

We're not discussing best JoJo introduction without discussing Jolyne "The Guard That Looks Like Tom Cruise" Cujoh.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i think jojolion needs to wrap it up

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

I mean it seems like it's rapidly building towards that; just that the monthly format is going to make any sort of conclusion take a while.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Relin posted:

Agreed

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Absolutely not.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lmfao this loving owns

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

This is my Stand, 【ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!】

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Rock Lee is the best Naruto character so why does this feel cursed

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I hate to say it but I think it's because he's just nowhere near as pretty as giorno

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Give Rock Lee A Stand

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
missed opportunity to make Guyrno Guyovanni

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Black August posted:

Give Rock Lee A Stand

Rock's Stands are his training cuffs and he's stronger wo them.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pootybutt posted:

Rock's Stands are his training cuffs and he's stronger wo them.

「CARRY THAT WEIGHT」

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGZG92EGEZk

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded... They are all those of [orange justice]!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
When does the next chapter release