Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't really think so. Uub's like most things in GT, he's a good idea damned primarily by having to exist within a drab and lifelessly executed show.

And they paired him up with 21, as they're going for a post-Buu Majin thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

XenoVerse 2 is still releasing DLC? drat!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Uub seems to be the last DLC, which would certainly be appropriate but if so it's weird 21 is just regular 21 and nothing else.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Justin_Brett posted:

Uub seems to be the last DLC, which would certainly be appropriate but if so it's weird 21 is just regular 21 and nothing else.

it sucks they never made her human form a playable skin in FighterZ so at least XV2 is doing something good there

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Box of Bunnies posted:

it sucks they never made her human form a playable skin in FighterZ so at least XV2 is doing something good there

I'm surprised they never did anything with that in general. I bet there's a lot of people out there who would have gladly shelled money out for different character costumes. So far I think Videl is the only one with a variant skin.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The way the ArcSys 3D models work makes it take as long to make a new costume as it would to make a new model from scratch. It's why hardly any Guilty Gear characters get alternate costumes.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
How do ArcSys 3d models work differently from say, Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat? I figured if they could pull it off, why not ArcSys?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

How do ArcSys 3d models work differently from say, Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat? I figured if they could pull it off, why not ArcSys?

Depending on the model, some models wear 'clothes' as accessories. So there might be a stripped down version of the model that you can slap stuff on for different looks. That's largely how MK works.

With Dragon Ball Fighter Z, the models are what you see. Piccolo's cape is an accessory that he loses, but his actual clothes are just part of the model and can't be removed.

For models like that, you might as well just make a whole new model for all the work it'd take to modify it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

In order to get the 'moving cartoon' look that DBZF has it actually involves a shitload more work on lighting, models, and so-on. It makes it significantly harder to make multiple costumes

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Ah, makes sense. All the apparel has to be a literal extension of the character if you want it to have the squash and stretch of actual cartoon characters.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
You can't really do human 21 as a skin since a few of her moves use her tail, which she does not have.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

hey so, who is freeza selling planets to?

like, what kind of person or persons would freeza do business with instead of just killing them and taking their stuff

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Skeleton Mom posted:

like, what kind of person or persons would freeza do business with instead of just killing them and taking their stuff

Cooler

It's a family business

Caros
May 14, 2008

Burkion posted:

Cooler

It's a family business

And that is how the galactic IRS finally brought down freeza due to a self dealing scandal.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Skeleton Mom posted:

He doesnt really seem to care about crap unless someone is actually nearing being a rival to him. Otherwise he just lounges in his chair and orders people around and enjoys being powerful. Hes just a super lazy rear end in a top hat, he wouldnt even bother personally taking peoples money from them when he owns the universe.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Caros posted:

And that is how the galactic IRS finally brought down freeza due to a self dealing scandal.

Yeah but the Galactic Patrol is who is supposed to arrest him and you see how they react to him already.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Skeleton Mom posted:

I always assumed they sold the exclusive rights to the resources on the planet. So any Space Elon Musk from a busted planet has more lithium to mine.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Super does the good thing of motivating the cool human characters like noted saint Krillin to actually improve and not just rest on their laurels cause Goku can handle everything which is good. Uub sucks cause he's like "Hey we're giving goku a new human friend to train and improve with but don't worry he can already keep up a little cause he's actually just the reincarnation of an old villain." It sucks, it's a dumb concept and a pointless addition when Goku has a large extended family when you count to the Z-Friends to have someone to train and teach to control their powers. Maybe somebody like his goddamn granddaughter.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Super does the good thing of motivating the cool human characters like noted saint Krillin to actually improve and not just rest on their laurels cause Goku can handle everything which is good. Uub sucks cause he's like "Hey we're giving goku a new human friend to train and improve with but don't worry he can already keep up a little cause he's actually just the reincarnation of an old villain." It sucks, it's a dumb concept and a pointless addition when Goku has a large extended family when you count to the Z-Friends to have someone to train and teach to control their powers. Maybe somebody like his goddamn granddaughter.

I'd say Uub is lovely not because of that (because overall that's just the usual bad guy turns good but with a twist), but because it goes nowhere. It's not the character's fault that the only series that got to use him is GT, but nonetheless that's the one place where Uub got to exist and...well, Goku Time. He was completely pointless in spite of the series constantly pushing him as a major player since Baby hit Earth.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Manga spoilers. Vegeta powered up a lot on Yardrat, apparently his spirit is "sharper" than Goku's. Though, the Yardrat could mean compared to the Goku of years earlier. Vegeta seems uninterested in learning Instant Transmission, so we're still no closer to knowing what the hell the Yardrats are going to teach him. I wonder if any of it will really matter or if Goku with his Ultra Instinct is going to save the day again anyway.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Manga spoilers. Vegeta powered up a lot on Yardrat, apparently his spirit is "sharper" than Goku's. Though, the Yardrat could mean compared to the Goku of years earlier. Vegeta seems uninterested in learning Instant Transmission, so we're still no closer to knowing what the hell the Yardrats are going to teach him. I wonder if any of it will really matter or if Goku with his Ultra Instinct is going to save the day again anyway.

There's a lot to like here for me.
I love them further highlighting the difference between Goku and Vegeta.
I love them skipping 2 months of training
I love the Zarbon species guy showing up :)
I look forward try to what Vegeta has learned.
Sad about Merus leaving though. I liked him using conventional stuff and being smart to keep up.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Here's the chapter:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006078

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is officially the worst list TFS has ever put together

You don't put Solar Flare on the list? How? That's single handedly the most successful, useful and wide ranged move in the entire series

Not putting flight on there is one thing, virtually no one thinks of it as a technique past Dragon Ball, but loving Hell Solar Flare is the best human technique out there.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Yeah and sand attack / double team is the best move in pokemon

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Well yeah, there's a reason it's banned.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Solar Flare was one of the first techniques I used as a basis to build my new martial arts stuff for my DBZ tabletop game. An exceptionally useful move that doesn't deal damage but can set up powerful combos made for a pretty interesting test case.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That was a really bad example, yeah, Accuracy changing moves are broken.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Burkion posted:

This is officially the worst list TFS has ever put together

You don't put Solar Flare on the list? How? That's single handedly the most successful, useful and wide ranged move in the entire series

Not putting flight on there is one thing, virtually no one thinks of it as a technique past Dragon Ball, but loving Hell Solar Flare is the best human technique out there.

It's definitely the one with the highest success rate in probably the whole franchise.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hey, we got that Super 2 announcement!

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1208188618939875330

But no seriously I know this is only tangentially related but Dai no Daibouken is super good and getting a new anime adaptation is insane. If it's true to the manga, it'll rock (the dragon) and be absolutely worth your time.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I'm always down for a Dragon Quest anime, I've never seen Dai no Daibouken though since it wasn't subbed much.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Teaser for the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX7p7CKhI3o

Apparently some big Dragon Ball names may be involved. Yuya Takahashi's apparently been giving likes to stuff related to the series on Twitter, for example. That's unsurprising since this is a Toei anime but it's worth pointing out seeing what thread this is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This also puts the kibosh on any more insiders with "hot tips" about DBS season 2 replacing Gegege no Kitaro

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

YESS
I watched every episode of Dai no Daibouken when I was a kid! And eventually I read the manga once I found it online.

This is gonna be great :D

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So basically based on the new lore about Angels one of them is sooner or later gonna break the rules to help the good guys directly, huh

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Nanigans posted:

Manga spoilers. Vegeta powered up a lot on Yardrat, apparently his spirit is "sharper" than Goku's..

Well it's not hard to be sharper than Goku! :rimshot:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Would be interesting if Vegeta's actually making a conscious effort to do things differently from Goku, probably tired of playing catch-up for all these years, to the point of going 'Okay, what did that fool Kakarot miss while he was learning a party trick?'

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Would be interesting if Vegeta's actually making a conscious effort to do things differently from Goku, probably tired of playing catch-up for all these years, to the point of going 'Okay, what did that fool Kakarot miss while he was learning a party trick?'

I just think it's cool Vegeta's getting a power up because of something as simple as "focusing better". It's like for all the training he's been putting in over the years, he's always been behind Goku and hasn't been able to figure out why.

It's like character growth rather than some McGuffin like Ultra Instinct (though lets not kid ourselves that UI will be what saves the day).

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

This arc is good as hell, I really hope it is the season 2 arc

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/TheZeroVirus/status/1208525377360056323?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Toriyama is the greatest of all time.