Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mulderman posted:

But Uruka should win. She makes the most sense and Nariyuki has no real reason to turn her down.

You forget one of the more popular romcom protagonist excuses - "She deserves someone better than me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

She’s going to say she’s just telling him for herself since she’s going abroad and push him towards the other two.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ethiser posted:

She’s going to say she’s just telling him for herself since she’s going abroad and push him towards the other two.
This is probably it and it's gonna break my heart. I'm a Furuhashi supporter to the end but I don't want to see Uruka get hurt.

hosed up to hear about the anime time skip though. I get it if a third season wasn't likely but it still sucks to skip content and potentially get an anime only ending. I thought we'd moved past those.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anime only endings arent a bad thing really

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Ethiser posted:

Ugh, I hate stuff like that since it implies that long distance relationships can't work even within the context of wish-fulfilment which is BS.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

This is probably it and it's gonna break my heart. I'm a Furuhashi supporter to the end but I don't want to see Uruka get hurt.

hosed up to hear about the anime time skip though. I get it if a third season wasn't likely but it still sucks to skip content and potentially get an anime only ending. I thought we'd moved past those.

And that is why I'm ok with the anime ending with Uruka winning. Let the nice, genki, tomboyish, childhood friend win for God's sake.

Endorph posted:

:hai:

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 30, 2019

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
My favorite pastime is reading fan community responses after the "winner" is picked.

With WNL I get to do it twice.

It owns

Also the only ship hill I will die on is Ogata/Sekujo

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Ethiser posted:

I hate reasoning like this because it would take away any agency from Yuiga. Like does he not have a say in this? She's only going abroad for a short while. They can both wait.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

Ugh, I hate stuff like that since it implies that long distance relationships can't work even within the context of wish-fulfilment which is BS.

I mean long distance relationships aren't easy so it's not particularly unrealistic. I think they'd still be about the same time zone though because she's going to Australia I think, which would make things a little easier.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

chumbler posted:

I mean long distance relationships aren't easy so it's not particularly unrealistic. I think they'd still be about the same time zone though because she's going to Australia I think, which would make things a little easier.

If it's WAAAY far then yeah. But given that both Hawaii and Australia are fairly popular summer vacation spots in Japan it's a harder sell since there's not much stopping them from seeing each other on holidays. To add to Mulderman's comment, it also adds a layer of guilt in that even if he picks another girl, he now knows it's at the emotional expense of someone else and that REALLY loving sucks to know.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dexo posted:

It owns

Also the only ship hill I will die on is Ogata/Sekujo

:hai: I think most people agree on that ship, so it's a very busy hill.

Nanatsu no Taizai
Budget cuts strike again
Such a shame because the fight with Estarossa was a joy to watch. Maybe the One will save us.

Chapter337
Merlin :argh:
So the reason Merlin asspulls everything is because she's really a birch. Actually a good save from the Mangaka. Poor Escanor :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

:hai: I think most people agree on that ship, so it's a very busy hill.

I disagree with it because Ogata has shown zero romantic interest in Sekijo and Sekijo is kind of inappropriately obsessed with Ogata (it's obviously just a comedy thing and we're not supposed to think Sekijo is actually a crazy stalker, but it being "just a comedy thing" is also why it doesn't work well as an actual potential romance).

It's the sort of thing that could be good if the comic actually took it seriously, but it doesn't so it doesn't really work well. Instead her role seems to just be "a comedy relief friend for Ogata which is good because Ogata is bad socially and it's good for her to have other friends."

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
That time Rizu texted Sekijou by mistake was cute though, so I'm gonna cheer for Sekijou

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Sekijou is essentially the protagonist of her own romance series.

I will root for her.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sekijou is female Nariyuki with a nosebleed

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://mangadex.org/title/20973/kemono-jihen read all of this last night n really liked it. anything else like this that's shounen actioney but kind of pays very little attention to its fights? what i mean by this i guess is it has the same character development vibe as shounen fight stuff i've read but the fights are very brief and most char development is delivered outside of them.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Endorph posted:

They're great, if care is taken to set things up for them. Better to have something conclusively end than have fans wish for a second season that never comes.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Agronox posted:

They're great, if care is taken to set things up for them. Better to have something conclusively end than have fans wish for a second season that never comes.
Panty and Stocking's ruination of Christmas is now nine years old.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
We never learn

Maybe I'm just terrible with girls, but this all seems so familiar and believable.....except the bath scene probably.

edit: New Zipman
I'm enjoying it. :)

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 6, 2020

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006144

Oh boy... This chapter of Agravity Boys will raise some eyebrows alright.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Honestly this chapter sold it to me. I’m going to keep reading, it’s completely moronic and I love it’s serious brand of stupidity.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Something else also rises.

The urge to send fan letters, of course!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

edit: New Zipman
I'm enjoying it. :)

Kaname is such an awkward dork, I love him so much.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

We never learn

Maybe I'm just terrible with girls, but this all seems so familiar and believable.....except the bath scene probably.

Jerks didn't invite Sekijou.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

chumbler posted:

Jerks didn't invite Sekijou.

Rizu's still mad at her for spoiling the surprise.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

New Elio

https://mangadex.cc/chapter/780170/1

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Someone has started translating Nagi's newest work again. soukyuu no ariadne (not all images have been recovered by MAngadex yet)

It's definitely no Claymore. :japan:

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 10, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a very goofy adventure story. i'm not sure how good it actually is yet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/hamident83hami/status/1216346785687293958?s=20

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like the girl in Soukyuu no Ariadne. The setting also seems kinda interesting (I've only read a couple chapters so far).

edit: Caught up. I like this series. The setting is neat and I like the humor.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 13, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
She's the most princess, so of course she's good

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I like the girl in Soukyuu no Ariadne. The setting also seems kinda interesting (I've only read a couple chapters so far).

edit: Caught up. I like this series. The setting is neat and I like the humor.

I like it because it's so "light". Everyone is so happy with their adventures.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Someone shared this with me and I don't know how accurate it is.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 13, 2020

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Mraagvpeine posted:

Sorry but what do the numbers represent? What am I supposed to draw from this?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mraagvpeine posted:

That's a small-rear end image.

But I remember seeing a chart of a similar type posted on Reddit, where every manga except One Piece gained a ton of views on MangaPlus after MS and JB went down.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chefscientist posted:

Sorry but what do the numbers represent? What am I supposed to draw from this?

Basically views on MangaPlus increased after JB and MS went down.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Whoops, my bad for not mentioning that detail.

Karneios
Nov 5, 2009
I'd be more surprised if they didn't increase after the two groups that released it days early stopped

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the scans didn't stop so given time to find new outlets, I'm sure a lot of people will gravitate back toward the faster fan stuff

any retention is good tho

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I'm happy to wait on official releases but remembering what day stuff comes out or where I'm reading it kind of sucks. I guess I should start a spreadsheet? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022