Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Its very upsetting to me, thats an honest truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you know what's upsetting is expressing disgust in a snarky way and being told that having the wrong tone for being annoyed and disgusted about something and being told that it's all just jokes

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Aurora posted:

you know what's upsetting is expressing disgust in a snarky way and being told that having the wrong tone for being annoyed and disgusted about something and being told that it's all just jokes

Im very sorry for that, it was the wrong thing to say. I was heated already and react poorly to percieved passive agression.

I wish to not upset people in general.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

do people not have a right to be passive aggressive when they see something poo poo. should i be passive and polite. should i just be aggressive and go for the throat instead which i already don't like doing because it makes me feel like old habits.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Aurora posted:

do people not have a right to be passive aggressive when they see something poo poo. should i be passive and polite. should i just be aggressive and go for the throat instead which i already don't like doing because it makes me feel like old habits.

I grew up in an evironment where passive agression and microagression is used by others to mask abuse, it is something very upsetting to me and i wish people to speak more honestly to me instead.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

So yes, it was wrong to tone police somebody when i hate it too, i apologize.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Inuyasha was time travel rather than a completely alternate world, but was in all other senses an isekai.

inuyasha is extremely clever by modern isekai standards

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Legit offended by InuYasha being an Isek when Kagomi can go home whenever the gently caress.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

FilthyImp posted:

Legit offended by InuYasha being an Isek when Kagomi can go home whenever the gently caress.
OTOH, her classmate/family kept on making excuses about which new disease she got now so that she could go and Marty McFly-it probably did a number to her social life.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Erg posted:

*second best

wish i had an av

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Wark Say posted:

OTOH, her classmate/family kept on making excuses about which new disease she got now so that she could go and Marty McFly-it probably did a number to her social life.

I remember that. It was funny.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Are they still doing different visual jokes for the different languages?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im forbidding sharkey from having sex

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

homeless snail posted:

waiting patiently for the big now and then here and there fan to log on

it's pretty good ngl

im never gonna watch inuyasha or escaflowne now so it wins by default

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Sharkopath posted:

Are they still doing different visual jokes for the different languages?

yeah, the new ones just posted on mangadex are the artists english version.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
it was very i c for the char that professed this view to do so but i think "don't abort your rapists child because there's been enough death already" is a pretty awful moral honestly

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh, i watched the show too and it was good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FilthyImp posted:

Then may I recommend Inuyasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask, the PS2 RPG that I really need to resume my LP of, where your protagonist is in a more traditional isekai can't go home setup.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
one time i ran a list of upcoming ps4 games thorugh an ai text generator and got a fake inuyasha game title called Inuyasha: Deaths of the Zodiacs and that's my inuyasha story

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Syd Mead died :(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GorfZaplen posted:

Syd Mead died :(
That fugging sucks. :sadwave:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

2019 continues to be the worst year. Please hurry 2020, we need our reset button and some good news.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Furnaceface posted:

2019 continues to be the worst year. Please hurry 2020, we need our reset button and some good news.

https://youtu.be/D3jxx8Yyw1c

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i just started playing oddworld stranger's wrath and stranger's va is gonna have me thinking about how he says "bounty store" and "wagon train" for a while

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Feels weird to insult someone's sexual prowess apropos of nothing and then get mad when the victim takes it in stride so you browbeat them into silence with your posting buddy.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Yo what the gently caress theres a The Witcher show on Netflix?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Captain Cappy posted:

Feels weird to insult someone's sexual prowess apropos of nothing and then get mad when the victim takes it in stride so you browbeat them into silence with your posting buddy.

i think endorph made a joke and then someone was uncomfortable with where the joke was continued

somehow i don't think this was a planned operation to make people feel insecure

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

very weird when like 5 dudes all start talk about cumming, i agree

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I don't think insulting someone for no reason is a joke. I also think posting vaguely misandrist insults instead of what you want and getting indignant when others don't understand your intention is also wrong.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The Misandry Squad is here to take away the rights to posting about ejaculation

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think combining the actions and intentions of two separate posters into one conspiracy is a weird way to look at this.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Clarste posted:

I think combining the actions and intentions of two separate posters into one conspiracy is a weird way to look at this.

not to mention combining two different people as the victim

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think dragging out this situation any longer is pointless and it was a result of people saying things that made other people feel awkward and people involved have already moved on and if they haven't moved on it's something they can settle in private instead of continuing an argument about their language in an anime chat thread at our behest

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Yo what the gently caress theres a The Witcher show on Netflix?
A former co-worker has been talking about it non-stop on Discord, too. Apparently it's a decent take on the series?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ykarps/status/1211743954376568832?s=20

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/ykarps/status/1211744029706194945

E: gently caress!!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

A former co-worker has been talking about it non-stop on Discord, too. Apparently it's a decent take on the series?

I'll split watching it and Kengan Ashura. Assuming the former doesnt go the way normal adaptations go or the latter somehow gets worse animation.

Have I mentioned how much I hate this 3d animation Netflix insists on using for its anime?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just think of it like a compliment to DandyWaffleman_'s post. Like a sequel to their prequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Furnaceface posted:

Have I mentioned how much I hate this 3d animation Netflix insists on using for its anime?

It's terrible. If anyone is thinking about watching Levius don't bother just get the manga and enjoy the art instead of the soulless garbage Netflix shat out.