Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Now

https://hiwamatanoboru.com/2019/12/18/jojolion-93/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jobin is just such a complete and utter poo poo and I just really want to see him get the poo poo beat out of him because god drat does he ever need it

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Drowning somebody in a toilet is a hosed up way to kill them. How's Paisley Pocket gonna get out of this one?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Can’t Yasuho just…recall her stand??

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I thought she already did that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Assuming that she didn't, Tsurugi did mention having cut off his internet and phone in order to keep Yasuho from connecting to them so she might be stuck in there without another connection source to escape to

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

That never seems to work whenever you're being attacked so...

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Why didn't Jotaro or anyone else drown when they escaped the submarine?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

goth smoking cloves posted:

Why didn't Jotaro or anyone else drown when they escaped the submarine?

why didn't kakyoin just recall hierophant green when jotaro was strangling it? it's never been that consistent I guess

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Xad posted:

why didn't kakyoin just recall hierophant green when jotaro was strangling it? it's never been that consistent I guess

You know, I never really thought about that, but good point. I think maybe it’s jarring here because it doesn’t feel like there’s anything physically “keeping” her stand where it is, like with Jotaro strangling Heirophant, but whatever.

Come to think of it, isn’t there some point in part 3 or 4 where a villain realizes they’re about to get hosed over and goes “STAND, RETURN TO ME” only to get oraoraora’d before they can do so?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

You know, I never really thought about that, but good point. I think maybe it’s jarring here because it doesn’t feel like there’s anything physically “keeping” her stand where it is, like with Jotaro strangling Heirophant, but whatever.

Come to think of it, isn’t there some point in part 3 or 4 where a villain realizes they’re about to get hosed over and goes “STAND, RETURN TO ME” only to get oraoraora’d before they can do so?

It happens to Koichi against Heart Attack inside the shoe store, and Jotaro saves his butt

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Modus Pwnens posted:

It happens to Koichi against Heart Attack inside the shoe store, and Jotaro saves his butt

Ahh, that's it. I guess there is some limitations to recalling your stand, it's just never really directly come up often enough to get established rules for it.

And, of course, this is Araki we're talking about, so the rules can be bent to the point of breaking if it's better for the story.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

If she can only get back through an internet connection, that's gonna be a problem if she's stuck in a cell phone that is specifically disconnected from any service.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Steely Dan recalls Lovers, but only gets oraora'd after he tries to get real cute and attack a kid with it after Jotaro gives him a second chance (kind of, I don't think he ever intended to let Dan get away but attacking the kid sealed his fate)

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Maybe Stands have to be within a certain distance of their users to be called back? Of course ones that can be controlled from extremely long distances would vary from Stand to Stand.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Stands can drown?

And in-universe we are less than three hours away from Norisuke dying. Can't believe he's been dead for a year.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Only some stands can drown I guess. Magenta magenta's stand could survive underwater forever. It could also be the Jou~~bin is going to boil the toilet water instead of just flushing it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

Stands can drown?

And in-universe we are less than three hours away from Norisuke dying. Can't believe he's been dead for a year.

I hope he makes it and that that whole thing was just a setup and he doesn't really just die :( Norisuke is one of the best characters in part 8

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

boy poo poo is Josuke going to be mad

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

grieving for Gandalf posted:

boy poo poo is Josuke going to be mad

Hell yeah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The anime thread is talking about what if Dio just died in episode 3, and I think I realized that's probably just the end of part 6.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah i was thinking that's kind of effectively what happened in part 7

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Hello I like reading and watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Agoat posted:

Hello I like reading and watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Welcome, friend!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait has Jojolion really been going for 10 years?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah it apparently started in 2011 lol

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Christ, it’s been that long? I feel like I’m 89 years old

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Christ, it’s been that long? I feel like I’m 89 years old

I don't believe you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, it started with the Tohoku earthquake which had kinda just happened in realz.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

to be fair, araki did have to take time out from drawing jojolion to draw this paralympics piece:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
kickass

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I see a lil KQ and GE :kimchi:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
and little za warudos and a stone mask barette. and uh aerosmith

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
And Strength down there in the ocean, I think? The ship IS the stand!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitPostCrusaders/comments/ekwox3/i_got_a_degree_in_graphic_design_for_this/

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
arakis such a good loving artist lol

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
It's been too long without a giant Jojo Plot Theory brainstorm so have someone's 50min musings on the future of Jojolion, ft. Elvis as the key to everything

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
http://hiwamatanoboru.com/2020/01/17/jojolion-94/

New Chapter. I don’t like these developments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
what happened to mitsuba's stand? did yasuho redirect its after the doctor's stand took effect? why was his triggered? buh