Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Danaru posted:

I downloaded and installed a mod for the Kijin race, they're basically touhou/anime style mountain oni that eat twice as much and have a 1.5x work speed, who have a bunch of cool poo poo like poison daggers/arrows that can paralyze people, a hot spring that helps people heal their wounds faster, a type of armour that prevents pawns from catching on fire, and the main reason I installed, you can smith silver and gold into bars that retain their value (1 bar = 100 silver) so you can stack your ill gotten gains more easily inside of your hubris vault :v:

The main sticking point is that all the women use a required """sexy""" anime body mod that also changes any clothes to be a skimpy version when someone with that body wears it. :cripes: at first I thought no big deal, I can turn it off normal humans and since I always have everyone wearing jumpsuits and work uniforms, it's not like the mod will know how to parse modded clothes and my Kijin colonists will be normally clothed.

Well fool that I am for underestimating the horny modding community, not only did it parse both the jumpsuit and the cultist robe I had my Kijin colonist wear, but the modders actually created new assets for skimpy jumpsuit and skimpy cultist robe and have them all in the mod with no need for a compatibility patch. :froggonk: If normal modders had the drive and persistence of horny modders, someone would have managed to jerry-rig multithreading by now.

I have that mod I think! Just saw a fox faction stroll in. Clicked on their background and saw Korean symbols. Thank you for posting the bonuses, if the lore is gross I highly recommend going with an unreadable translation. Gives it an alien feel while still presenting the stat boosts and unworkable jobs in English.

They have catear version of hoodies and helmets same as the ewok versions of clothes. They coexist in a way.

What's the module for smelting. I've turned off something that messes with iron while keeping coal in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

KirbyKhan posted:

I have that mod I think! Just saw a fox faction stroll in. Clicked on their background and saw Korean symbols. Thank you for posting the bonuses, if the lore is gross I highly recommend going with an unreadable translation. Gives it an alien feel while still presenting the stat boosts and unworkable jobs in English.

They have catear version of hoodies and helmets same as the ewok versions of clothes. They coexist in a way.

What's the module for smelting. I've turned off something that messes with iron while keeping coal in.

That's the Kurin IIRC :v: I believe they just have a social buff but I dont remember since I only really scrolled past them. Kijin have their own smithing bench where you can turn silver and gold into bars.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
You should be able to delete the skimpy outfits from the mod folder to make it not override them, though you'd have to do this every time it updates.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I realise, Green, that you are very good at your job, and it is you that the enemy is currently shooting at with a machinegun, but just because you can shoot both their ears and their nose off with 50 cal APDS rounds without hitting any other part of their body, doesn't mean you should.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Is there a mod that makes caravan members able to eat forbidden food or otherwise streamlines the process of reserving certain food types for caravaning? It's really tedious to have to change food restrictions every time I send one out. I know I can just forbid the individual stacks I want to reserve but that's tedious too because they often get snatched up before they even make it to the freezer, along with various other nuisances that require micromanagement.

You know you change the food restrictions while travelling, right? I also found this whole thing to be pretty tedious but it's a touch less annoying when you know you can change the policies while already en-route.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

emanresu tnuocca posted:

You know you change the food restrictions while travelling, right? I also found this whole thing to be pretty tedious but it's a touch less annoying when you know you can change the policies while already en-route.

Yea my usual process is to get the message that they're starving, change it while they're on the road, then notice 2 seasons later they ate half my packaged survival meals because I forgot to change it back on return. A couple days later get another item stash quest and do it over again

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
Uhhh how? I lost a caravan this way?. I set meal restrictions to exclude packaged meals, and sent a bunch of packaged meals along with them. The game said we had almost 0 days of food dispite dozens of meals.

I realized i did this, and changed my restrictions to allow it, and it seems to only apply to guys i can see on screen. Those on the world map slowly starved and died on the way back since there was never a 'local' map able to generate where i can edit stuff for them.

No biggie I restarted a new town and 'Mount Kindness' as the *BEST* turret filled murder box on this hemisphere

Roundboy fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 31, 2019

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

You can click the little info "i" next to a colonst with the caravan selected and get to the health screen, where you can reassign meal plans

It doesn't work immediately, it will still say you have 0 meals for a bit until it reevaluates

ChristsDickWorship fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 31, 2019

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Roundboy posted:

Uhhh how? I lost a caravan this way?. I set meal restrictions to exclude packaged meals, and sent a bunch of packaged meals along with them. The game said we had almost 0 days of food dispite dozens of meals.

I realized i did this, and changed my restrictions to allow it, and it seems to only apply to guys i can see on screen. Those on the world map slowly starved and died on the way back since there was never a 'local' map able to generate where i can edit stuff for them.

No biggie I restarted a new town and 'Mount Kindness' as the *BEST* turret filled murder box on this hemisphere

loving lol that they starve to death while just staring at a pile of survival rations because the God in charge of them missed a drop-down menu.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
Right? They will gobble up all the cocaine that fell from space when they see too much dirt, dispute my drug policy, but starving to death is where they draw that line?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I would have much preferred the ability to set meal priorities instead of just allowing or disallowing them.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

I would have much preferred the ability to set meal priorities instead of just allowing or disallowing them.

Yeah, a priority system would have made far greater sense, though I suspect this already kinda exists--it's just that it conflicts with the search range checks, similar to how they won't leave the farm fields to walk all the way back to the kitchen for lunch at a table. (And will then complain about not having a table. In the middle of a field.)

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

And thus the mod Smarter Food Selection is born and is awesome.

Though occasionally dumb poo poo still occurs, like feeding the rescued guest or transport pod victim raw meat as it's labeled equivalent to lavish meals in one setting.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I realise, Green, that you are very good at your job, and it is you that the enemy is currently shooting at with a machinegun, but just because you can shoot both their ears and their nose off with 50 cal APDS rounds without hitting any other part of their body, doesn't mean you should.

Change to psychopath: They will target non vital parts to ensure the target suffers more before death.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Personally if I got both ears and my nose shot off by a 50 cal I'd probably stop attacking at that point. Like I'd say "fair enough, point made, probably not worth continuing this tbh"

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Does anyone know if there's a reason to have more than 1 AI core with Rimatomics or SOS2? It's my first game with them and I got a quest for one pretty early, I haven't started spaceflight or Rimatomics research and only just got a deep drill to gather those kinds of resources. I'll start collecting cores if there's a reason to but I'd normally wait and pay an ally for a new quest in a year or so.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ChristsDickWorship posted:

Does anyone know if there's a reason to have more than 1 AI core with Rimatomics or SOS2? It's my first game with them and I got a quest for one pretty early, I haven't started spaceflight or Rimatomics research and only just got a deep drill to gather those kinds of resources. I'll start collecting cores if there's a reason to but I'd normally wait and pay an ally for a new quest in a year or so.

I don't think Rimatomics uses AI cores for anything, SOS2 has a ship's computer to automate flight, but a colonist manning the bridge can do everything the AI can aside from leaving orbit. You can pretty safely leave it where it is

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Can't you use an AI core to replace a colonist's brain?

E: This is apparently a part of EPOE

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Danaru posted:

I don't think Rimatomics uses AI cores for anything, SOS2 has a ship's computer to automate flight, but a colonist manning the bridge can do everything the AI can aside from leaving orbit. You can pretty safely leave it where it is

Good, cuz I really need to design and build a killbox more extensive than "a couple miniturrets I move around to bait for my mostly melee colonists" before I start stacking $4k items in the storeroom

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Someone awhile back mentioned putting your mods in a different folder so they won't update. Well I found out today if Comcast shits itself and you have no connectivity the update check fails on all your mods and you can't play any games with mods managed by Steam. So I'm gonna do that local backup thing mentioned before. Is it as easy as cut from the folder Steam makes, paste to the local mods folder?

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

bird food bathtub posted:

Someone awhile back mentioned putting your mods in a different folder so they won't update. Well I found out today if Comcast shits itself and you have no connectivity the update check fails on all your mods and you can't play any games with mods managed by Steam. So I'm gonna do that local backup thing mentioned before. Is it as easy as cut from the folder Steam makes, paste to the local mods folder?

Yeah, but you can download a mod that'll give the folders names and take care of letting you load from your local backup or your steam copy or just make the local copy and delete the steam version, or do whatever. I recommend downloading the mod manager and using the built-in function since you'll have more to work with in your local copies than a bunch of numbers.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Complications posted:

Yeah, but you can download a mod that'll give the folders names and take care of letting you load from your local backup or your steam copy or just make the local copy and delete the steam version, or do whatever. I recommend downloading the mod manager and using the built-in function since you'll have more to work with in your local copies than a bunch of numbers.

I shouldn't be surprised that there's a mod to manage my mods. I am, but I shouldn't be.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Which of the glitterworld tier tech mods are ya'll using(sparkling worlds etc), never did find out which ones the best one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Glittertech afaik is the one that's really unbalanced and poo poo, sparkling worlds is supposed to be better? But I've never actually used any of them.

I like rimatomics/rimefeller combo for building my own little black mesa facility, the composite/synthelene walls/floors are really good for a modern sci fi look. I'd also recommend better/extra walls and floors for some nice graphical options on the walls/floors. Android tiers and android tiers ++ also gives you the option of uploading your colonists into a computer and doing everything by remote controlled disposable robot bodies, as well as building a giant server room to improve your skills/hack enemy droids.

You can also download some extra bionics mods to trick out your colonists into murder machines.

Combine all of that and you can live in a sci fi bunker in the mountains that is protected by absurd defences and a team of JC Dentons and an army of giant robot mechs controlled by your AI core full of people in the matrix, all powered by a giant nuclear reactor and with the abiltiy to nuke anyone you like. Add in What The Hack if you want to capture and reprogram mechanoids (be prepared to go hunting for them to get spare parts to keep them running though) and I believe that also has its own rogue mechanoid AI core you can play with too.

Add in Save Our Ship 2 and you can build a giant space station which lets you bombard the planet with rimatomics railguns too.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 1, 2020

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, Sparkling Worlds is the more balanced one. It still gets a bit crazy at the high end if you have mods giving you lots of raw resources but it really only lets you craft stuff that's rare or non-reproducable in vanilla like glitterworld meds or healer mech serums or whatever. Even the weapons it adds are mostly sidegrades to charge stuff.

Only maybe imbalanced part is the hostile faction it adds since it sends small numbers of comparatively highly armed and armored pawn's drugged to the gills and they either spell death or a sudden boost in power for an early colony. But that's more a taste thing really.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's probably why I like the rimatomics/android stuff because it's all big stuff you have to build and fiddle with, and it also all contributes to people wanting to murder you. There's not much that you can just find and it'll solve all your problems.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Personally if I got both ears and my nose shot off by a 50 cal I'd probably stop attacking at that point. Like I'd say "fair enough, point made, probably not worth continuing this tbh"

yeah, it's dumb that shooting off a body part doesn't contribute to pain, even if it's an eye or an internal organ

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Actually I thought it did? It doesn't once it's been treated but until you treat it I was under the impression you get pain and blood loss from it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If the body part ceases to exist you stop feeling pain from it :eng101:

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011
Need a ghost limb mod

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
disregard, might be wrong on this one

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 1, 2020

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Mammon Loves You posted:

Need a ghost limb mod

Legit surprised the MSF mod doesn't add phantom pain :v:

What race mods do ya'll use? Had to take off lotr elves and dwarves because their CE patch is hot garbage.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 1, 2020

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

OwlFancier posted:

Add in Save Our Ship 2 and you can build a giant space station which lets you bombard the planet with rimatomics railguns too.

speaking of, I'm working on getting my own ship/orbital railgun platform online. I assume the railgun and TACS need to be attached to the ship hardpoints, do the ship engines need to be on a hardpoint as well? Does a hull piece have to be on a hardpoint to connect it to a ship, or can they just be adjacent?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

speaking of, I'm working on getting my own ship/orbital railgun platform online. I assume the railgun and TACS need to be attached to the ship hardpoints, do the ship engines need to be on a hardpoint as well? Does a hull piece have to be on a hardpoint to connect it to a ship, or can they just be adjacent?

I actually haven't gotten as far as building anything with SOS yet because I start as tribals :v: I didn't even know it was that in depth of an implementation.

Nalesh posted:

Legit surprised the MSF mod doesn't add phantom pain :v:

What race mods do ya'll use? Had to take off lotr elves and dwarves because their CE patch is hot garbage.

If you're using CE, you might like CE Fasttrack which has a lot of built in compatibility for different species over and above regular CE.

https://github.com/AthenaSulisMinerva/CombatExtendedFastTrack

It's on workshop too but that has a list of compatibilities.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 1, 2020

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I am using fast track, but it doesn't have a patch for those.

Also is there a mod to force clothing on prisoners, or filter the colonist bar and work tab? My main problem with simpleslavery is that it lumps in slaves with the rest of the colony but I love the explosive/shock collars, but prisonlabor is buggy as gently caress.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 1, 2020

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Only maybe imbalanced part is the hostile faction it adds since it sends small numbers of comparatively highly armed and armored pawn's drugged to the gills and they either spell death or a sudden boost in power for an early colony. But that's more a taste thing really.

I like to use KV's Faction Control mod to remove them, so I can still research the late game stuff but not have to deal with glitterworld space marines in the early game. It's too bad there's no way to introduce them later on though, when you're teched up and bored of slaughtering throngs of tribals and outlanders.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Jesus christ, I'm looking for some mods that add endgame tier bows to the game(for rimworld of magic rangers) and I stumbled upon the Forsaken race mod, god drat they're the most mary sue I've seen a race be so far, over twice as fast as a normal human, 90% aim time reduction, faster work and learning speed, all for the cost of a little less health, which is more than covered for by their stupid strong weapons and armor. Hell one of their guns just keeps firing non stop until the target is dead.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Kibbles n Shits posted:

I like to use KV's Faction Control mod to remove them, so I can still research the late game stuff but not have to deal with glitterworld space marines in the early game. It's too bad there's no way to introduce them later on though, when you're teched up and bored of slaughtering throngs of tribals and outlanders.

Faction Discovery. You can't use it at the same time as faction control, but faction control is mostly for starting the game anyways. Faction discovery just adds any factions that are possible to add but weren't on the map already to an already running game, so that could work, unless you have like a dozen other factions you've disabled.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Alright gonna finally do a for real mountain base. Spent some time laying out plans for future expansion, time to dig out the wareho-

-use...?

:shepface:

:shepicide:

Leal fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
fun fact if you have the Quarry mod: the placement mode for it generally is good about showing you big hollows in mountains