Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Oxyclean posted:

Me: I'm running out of space to display my lego
The responsible part of my brain: Maybe you shouldn't buy so much?
Me: No! It's too fun to build!
Brain: Then maybe you should put away some of the old sets?
Me: No, then it's like I wasted that money if it just sits in a closet!
That impulsive part of my brain: Hey, maybe we should get into modulars

It’s me except my wife forces me to be rational about once a year and put away/sell/give sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just wish I had a basement room where I could hide my little dorky wonderland away. I keep my Lego out of my living room and limit my bedroom to 2 or 3 sets on display, but all my SW is displayed in this inexplicably 10 foot wide hallway that leads to the bathroom and then just ends, and the rest is in a cabinet. Either way it's always right there because I only have about 900 sq feet and it's all connected. I'm not embarrassed of my Lego or anything but I wish the first thing people saw when they came over wasn't that I had tons of Lego everywhere. At the same time I like having it on display and throwing it in a closet seems like such a waste. I just disassembled Ninjago city and put it in the closet and it was sort of painful lol.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Dogen posted:

be rational about once a year... sell/give sets.

W.... what? You... get rid of sets???

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

a mysterious cloak posted:

W.... what? You... get rid of sets???

After a lot of gentle patient urging from my wife and resigned sighs from me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dogen posted:

I operate a licensed LEGO disposal facility if you require my services.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Dogen posted:

Heretic! Time for pitchforks and torches everyone.

But seriously, condolences.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

My bother unexpectedly got me the Kylo Ren shuttle for my birthday and have not been quite so excited for a present since I was a kid. I think it has been 25 years since I played with Lego!

I really want the original trilogy ships, damnn

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I want LEGO vessels from Star Trek. And Babylon 5. And Farscape. And The Expanse. And Red Dwarf.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
We all do. Proper Lego Trek ships would be great.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

We all do. Proper Lego Trek ships would be great.

They're so round though. (dont post the ent E plz)

I think a Lego Red Dwarf would work perfectly, though.

edit:
of course, lots of people have done this, turns out:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The biggest problem with most Trek ships is that they’re so saucer-heavy and spindly that they’d have to be 90% technic just to support it all, and even then I’m sure it would still sag. Just look at the mega bloks and kre-o versions they’ve done, they all look terrible.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Bloop posted:

I think a Lego Red Dwarf would work perfectly, though.

edit:
of course, lots of people have done this, turns out:

I think I'd be content with this. If I had to pick a ship, that's it.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The biggest problem with most Trek ships is that they’re so saucer-heavy and spindly that they’d have to be 90% technic just to support it all, and even then I’m sure it would still sag. Just look at the mega bloks and kre-o versions they’ve done, they all look terrible.

I just built the Enterprise that was discounted to $75, and it’s loving awesome. One solid brick of plastic. Sure my fingers barely worked for a few days after, but totally a great build.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There are clear bricks and liftarms. use those to hold up the saucer.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I've built the Enterprise-D and the Voyager from Jerry Builds Bricks and both are reasonably solid without a support under the saucer. He's got a TNG-era shuttlecraft that looks really cool as well but the parts list isn't up on rebrickable yet.

This Constitution-class ship is also a fun little build that I've given as a fake kit to a few friends.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
yeah but those are tiny models

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

lilbeefer posted:

My bother unexpectedly got me the Kylo Ren shuttle for my birthday and have not been quite so excited for a present since I was a kid. I think it has been 25 years since I played with Lego!

I really want the original trilogy ships, damnn

I don't know why, but that mask makes Kylo Ren look really happy to be in his ship. There's something gleefull about the eyeholes.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
They're coming for us!

https://twitter.com/legodoumoko/status/1218146412560470016

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
You could make a pretty good wreck-it ralph out of that fig.

Now I want Wreck-It Ralph sets.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$300 for the stadium. It's available now.

Who else thinks it is going to be a huge failure and very short lived?

I can see it dropping below 50% off via retailers by the end of the year.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waltzing Along posted:

$300 for the stadium. It's available now.

Who else thinks it is going to be a huge failure and very short lived?

I can see it dropping below 50% off via retailers by the end of the year.

Same.

1) I can’t imagine the Lego / Football crowds have a massive amount of overlap.

2) In that small Venn diagram intersection, they’ve got to be ManU fans, and football fans tend to be fiercely loyal to their team.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beckham will build it, and show it on his instafacebooktwitter. It will be a huge success.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Build it like Beckham

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

Build it like Beckham

:golfclap:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd never buy it but it is a really cool microscale build. Someone had fun designing that.

Look at that awesome truck!

It even breaks apart into five chunks to make it easy to move around.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd make a joke about ManU falling apart into 5 chunks, but I don't really follow EPL. I did hear they have fallen behind the other Manchester team, though.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
This is one case where the tiles spelling the team name and that adidas logo being stickers is a good thing, because I'd rather it be logo-less.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Is there a review yet that shows the sticker-sheet? It must be pretty big....

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

I'd never buy it but it is a really cool microscale build. Someone had fun designing that.

Look at that awesome truck!

It even breaks apart into five chunks to make it easy to move around.

I'm greatly amused by the piece they use for the truck wheels. It's just like a very small car. I think the first place I saw it was as a trophy topper for a Speed Champions set, which feels like the intended purpose? Then the Batmobile used a big stack of them for like a weird piece of the siding. Then I saw the lego store model use them as fire truck wheels in a similar fashion to that micro truck.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure that is the roller skate piece.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

deoju posted:

Pretty sure that is the roller skate piece.

That possibility just occurred to me as I was finishing my post.

e: Okay yeah, Brickset lists it as "mini roller skate" :v: Not my fault I first saw it used as a car trophy.

Either way it's really cute part usage.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 17, 2020

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The part showed up in 2013 in one of the minifig series so for a while it was pretty hard to get. It's been sporadically used on other sets since then but if you scan on bricklink it got real popular in 2018.. so they're pretty accessible if you care.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The last 3 sets I've bought (the Harry Potter calendar, the LEGO store, and the new 3-in-1 Toy Shop) have used it as a set of wheels for a microbuild.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m on bag 22 of 24 with the Batmobile. I’m dragging rear end and only doing 1 or so bags a day because I don’t want it to end. This is the first (big) set I’ve ever done without even a moment’s worth of tedium or “oh god I have to do that 4 more times?!”
It’s really just some genius-rear end design.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

tuo posted:

Is there a review yet that shows the sticker-sheet? It must be pretty big....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViCzq0XFcjA

32 seconds

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've been completely unable to get the VIP rewards center to load for months. And I cant use any of my points without it. Very cool.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wait...instead of making a printed 1x2 tile for the striped parts of the playfield/grass which they could use in other sets, they created the playfield out of three giant printed tiles? This can only mean one thing: more football stadiums, yay!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

veni veni veni posted:

I've been completely unable to get the VIP rewards center to load for months. And I cant use any of my points without it. Very cool.

I had to turn off ublock origin to get it to load.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That was the issue. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Also I heard you can just use points at the store again without loving around with the website