Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I wasn't expecting it to go the way it did lol

Basically the complete opposite way of how the USSR would react

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
First step in the operations manual is to check power and calibration date, smh shipmate.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I wasn't expecting it to go the way it did lol

Username/post combo here is amazeballs

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

piL posted:

I love how the phrase "Alright sir stay calm" is anything but calming.

So apparently it's moot and that wasn't what was said, but yep. It's Deescalation 101 that "just stay calm" or "just calm down" always have the exact opposite effect.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Lead out in cuffs posted:

So apparently it's moot and that wasn't what was said, but yep. It's Deescalation 101 that "just stay calm" or "just calm down" always have the exact opposite effect.

Never in the history of "calm down" has "calm down" ever calmed anyone down.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
STOP CRYING

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Smiling Jack posted:

Username/post combo here is amazeballs

How do you think he got the name?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Godholio posted:

STOP CRYING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvPugcb7QGE

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I don't think I've posted this in the thread, other than WC forever ago:

How about a barracks story tonight, starring one of my most hated pieces of gently caress: Henny

So, when I got to this certain unit, ol Henderson was one of the few NCOs. I had no idea he was a fuckbag piece of whiny poo poo that had no business leading anything ever. Over the first few days he attempted to get me used to how the shop was ran, while I noticed dejected looks coming from the other NCOs and non-rates. I came to find out on day 4 or so that dude was absolutely loving twisted on the frame and useless except as an oxygen conversion unit. I also found out that the only reason he made it to Cpl was that someone forgot to non-rec him. gently caress.

So, during my stay at this place, myself and another friend that came there around the same time ended up above this turgid fucktard. During this time he managed to break pretty much every piece of gear worse than it arrived, as well as any formerly good piece of comm gear that one of the other Marines fixed. There was one particular day that he managed to destroy 6 of these beyond repair

and cemented himself as the new "hazmat nco" whose duties were counting cans of spray paint AND NEVER TOUCHING A GODDAMN THING IN MY loving SHOP EVER AGAIN. gently caress.

To say he was hated is an understatement. He was untrainable, unreliable, and full of himself. Also he probably couldn't read and you could never read his writing. He became referred to as "henny" which was pronounced exactly the same way you would say "timmah" of South Park fame. He somehow never got the joke, and then opted to get "henny" tattooed in script on his forearm. He was very proud of this and excitedly showed us all at work the day after he got it.

Those of us new to the unit went through a phase of feeling sorry for him, tried to take him under our wing, etc. We failed, and then found out he had already been in for two full enlistments. This is the guy you never want to have, there is nothing you can do. Nothing. He knows everything, in his mind, and goddamn you'll have an aneurysm if you dig deep enough into his past to try to find a solution.

Anyway, the final straw was at 0300ish on a Wednesday, he's knocking on my loving barracks door. He's plastered, as per usual, and has been crying and laughing and whatever else. His entire check has been spent on booze and dvds and he needs a friend.

:downswords:: Path, come drink with me!

:mad:: dude, no, wtf. I have to be up early as gently caress today, it's the middle of the week and you are trashed. What the hell?

:downswords:: I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO

:mad:: No, shut the gently caress up with your yelling, I'm not covering your rear end if the OOD comes up here from his post.

:downswords:: mumbling some dumb poo poo about "the old corps" and esprit and a bunch of other poo poo he wasn't even around for

:mad:: get the gently caress back in your room and be quiet. You best sober the gently caress up before work.

And then I shut my door.

We lived on the third deck and I have never wanted a outward swinging door so goddamn bad in my life, so as to kick open and launch him into glorious sickbay forever.
[/quote]

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Reminds me of a dude at my first base whose name I can't remotely remember, way back in the early 2000's. Guy washed out of Air Traffic Control and volunteered to go into Security Forces, which was already a red flag that this dude wasn't all there. The base I was at had a "SrA Dorm" which was an old NCO barracks they let unmarried E-4s live in. The rooms were mini-apartments, with a living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. The bathroom even featured a real toilet with a tank instead of the pipe-topped ones in the other dorms, which is important later.

Dude and I had mutual friends, so one time he invites me over to hang out. His room is disgusting with trash everywhere and dude proceeds to plop down and start playing Diablo II with a bunch of cheat mods while rambling on and on about his TOTALLY AWESOME online forum roleplaying character's adventures. I peaced out after like 10 minutes of this because sitting around watching dude nerd out was boring as gently caress and I'd rather do pretty much anything else. He'd proceed to stop by my room periodically and I'd make up reasons not to go sit and watch the guy play Diablo, because that was literally all he ever did. One day I came back from the chow hall to discover my PS2 was moved and would no longer turn on. I had it standing on its side and quick inspection made it pretty clear that someone had knocked over and hastily stood back up. My fault for not locking my room, even though I was only gone for a few minutes. Dude proceeds to swing by and ask where I was earlier, he'd stopped by to see if I wanted to hang out. I ask him if he'd gone in my room or touched anything and he begins stammering and gets extremely cagey, pretty much confirming that he'd been in my poo poo. I begin plotting some form of horrendous revenge.

The revenge came after going out to eat with a buddy of mine at a local Mexican joint. I had been blocked up for a couple days and a large burrito with rice and beans was just what I needed to get things moving again. I go by dude's room and offer to hang out, which he excitedly agrees to and proceeds to plop down at his PC and start playing Diablo per usual. I give him five minutes before telling him I've gotta use his bathroom. I proceeded to take one of the largest dumps of my life in his toilet. It clogged on the courtesy flush and I managed to drop enough poop back in there that it broke above the waterline. For good measure, I put the last few contractions into the tank for an upper decker. I wiped, threw the toilet paper in his trash can, told him "hey I gotta run" and just left him playing Diablo, oblivious to the real-life portal to Hell brewing in his toilet. He never mentioned it, I bought a new PS2 and learned how to keep my door locked, so I guess we're even.

Metrilenkki
Aug 1, 2007

Oldskool av for lowtaxes medical fund gobbless u -fellow roamingdad
admin edit: I'll let McNally make a call on this, and I'm PM'ing him the original link if he thinks I'm going too far. He can restore this post at his discretion

Also a note that the audio at the end is loving rough. People screaming and moaning in the aftermath of an explosion. :smith:

original text with redacted video follows

I don't have walls of text so I'll present a vid I just saw on a reserve training day about munitions handling:
:nms::nws:VIDEO WAS HERE:nms::nws:

0:37 onwards has some choice audio :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
So uh, what happened there? Did they dump a live round into the pile and set off its primer?

Metrilenkki
Aug 1, 2007

Oldskool av for lowtaxes medical fund gobbless u -fellow roamingdad
"I suppose so but I'm not sure" -instructor when asked about it. Apparently it's a bunch of ukrainian separatists, so it could be deteriorated ammunition, a primed round or even a scavenged dud (or all three).

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

gently caress. Reminds me of iirc Brown Moses saying that he likes to turn the sound off when he watches video of horrible stuff. That is not fun to hear.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Metrilenkki posted:

I don't have walls of text so I'll present a vid I just saw on a reserve training day about munitions handling:

Uhhh that pretty much looks like a snuff film dude.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Uhhh that pretty much looks like a snuff film dude.

Yeah. That was not what I was expecting for "choice audio" :smith:

I don't like to backseat admin in other people's playgrounds but I went ahead and killed that link. I'm PM'ing the original to McNally and if he's OK with that being here he's more than welcome to put it back in.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Metrilenkki posted:

admin edit: I'll let McNally make a call on this, and I'm PM'ing him the original link if he thinks I'm going too far. He can restore this post at his discretion

Also a note that the audio at the end is loving rough. People screaming and moaning in the aftermath of an explosion. :smith:

Lmao listen to these death cries y'all, loving hilarious

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Lmao listen to these death cries y'all, loving hilarious

This is pretty much the tone I got from that post.

Metrilenkki, don't post snuff in GIP.

Actually, I think it's better to say don't post snuff. Period.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Metrilenkki posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress you

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Posting something horrid like that in a forum populated by a not inconsequential number of people dealing with trauma certainly qualifies as idiotic in my books.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Fearless posted:

Posting something horrid like that in a forum populated by a not inconsequential number of people dealing with trauma certainly qualifies as idiotic in my books.

Yeah, but as I've said before this thread is for talking *about* idiots.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

McNally posted:

Yeah, but as I've said before this thread is for talking *about* idiots.

Well, aren't we?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Fearless posted:

Well, aren't we?

Touché.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

madeintaipei posted:

Never in the history of "calm down" has "calm down" ever calmed anyone down.

That's why I usually go with 'okay, take a deep breath'. Hyperventilating people keep panicking.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wild T posted:

Making plopples in a fucktards terlet tank and a shitberg in the calm sea

Hell yes, this is what I need to read! Thank you.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fearless posted:

Right on the loving nose.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1218309124036759552

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Having your loader take a poo poo is intimate. Like, eye contact inside a porta potty intimate.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If that was the video I’m thinking of, it’s a stunt and no one actually blew up.

That said, I don’t recall any, ahem, choice audio, so I may be thinking of a different munitions handling video.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Platystemon posted:

If that was the video I’m thinking of, it’s a stunt and no one actually blew up.

That said, I don’t recall any, ahem, choice audio, so I may be thinking of a different munitions handling video.

It involved sliding munitions down an icy hill to a big pile.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Even with the proliferation of daesh propaganda I think the worst thing I've ever seen on the internet was that ROC guy standing in the recoil zone of a 57mm when he pulled the string

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

shame on an IGA posted:

Even with the proliferation of daesh propaganda I think the worst thing I've ever seen on the internet was that ROC guy standing in the recoil zone of a 57mm when he pulled the string

The one where it slams him right in the gut?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

The one where it slams him right in the gut?

That’s the one I was thinking of when I read that. IIRC the guy died later that day of massive internal injuries.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
drat that sucks. I'm also not surprised.

I'm also going to put this question forth in earnest: do you think they'll use it for future training videos? I'm not being a smartass. Cuz I know I would

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The army used the pics of the guy’s hand, who used a .50cal round as a hammer and it went off in his hand in a safety bulletin. Of course they’ll use that video too, that’s less immediately bloody than the finger-stumps that poor bastard had left.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
When I was in Kuwait they showed us a training video about the importance of situational awareness which included footage of a humvee full of guys being wiped out by an IED they parked on top of while filming a video about situational awareness.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/sgtjanedoe/status/1218681410128502785?s=20

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I remember passing by a safety board in an armoury in Atlantic Canada and seeing a notice about why porta-potties and arty sims should never mix, and thinking to myself "That is so specific that some idiot had to have attempted it." Apparently some army reservists thought it would be funny to toss one down a shitter. Said shitter was absolutely shredded by the explosion.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Milo and POTUS posted:

drat that sucks. I'm also not surprised.

I'm also going to put this question forth in earnest: do you think they'll use it for future training videos? I'm not being a smartass. Cuz I know I would

Yeah, same reason our yearly refresher on electrical safety at work includes a video of someone eating a 480v arc flash without his PPE on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Fearless posted:

I remember passing by a safety board in an armoury in Atlantic Canada and seeing a notice about why porta-potties and arty sims should never mix, and thinking to myself "That is so specific that some idiot had to have attempted it." Apparently some army reservists thought it would be funny to toss one down a shitter. Said shitter was absolutely shredded by the explosion.

That’s just a cover story for someone who had the worst case of MRE-shits this side of dying.