Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The Moon is pretty nice and I always go for a walk on nights when it's full. Always thought it was really sad that DB earth doesn't get to have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Piccolo took a second to think about the consequences of no moon and felt sad about it, confirming he’s a good person

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

Isn't there some anime filler where the moon that turns Gohan into a great ape is a projection from Goku's old Saiyan pod?

Yes. So when did Piccolo not really destroy the moon? :psyduck:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't the reason Vegeta had to make a fake moon was because Piccolo told him he blew it up

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
It was also like , daylight out when vegeta went looking for that moon

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

does the game have a day/night cycle? It might just be a convenient excuse to have a moon in the overworld

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

FighterZ's next character was announced.

It's Goku again.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
About time we got some Goku representation.

But really, I'm surprised it took them this long to get UI Goku in.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Fuego Fish posted:

Isn't there some anime filler where the moon that turns Gohan into a great ape is a projection from Goku's old Saiyan pod?

Yes. Except it happened twice because of that. First time, Gohan sees real moon, becomes ape, Piccolo blows up/conceals moon. Second time, Goku's pod for some reason activates after lying around the wilderness for decades, projects a moon, Gohan apes out again, Piccolo blows up the pod to get rid of it.

Except Goku's ship to Namek was built from his recovered pod, recovered after the Saiyan Saga ended. Ah, filler based plot holes, it's almost comforting.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this raises so many more questions than it answers lol

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/mastaklo/status/1217982024016891905?s=21

Goose mod already out

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DRAGON! DRAGON! HONK THE DRAGON!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

smdh at goose stealing moves and putting them in the pond

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Kamehamehonk!

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/JinuSenpai/status/1218301931006898176

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Wait wasn't the game going out in the 25th or some poo poo

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

Slice of life camping episode where the guys go fishing, Vegeta reveals his traditional saiyan lures, the most powerful lures in the galaxy,l. Knowing Kakarott cannot compete with his vast knowledge of fishing, with great pride he casts his line, confident he'll land the biggest fish....until Goku jumps in buck rear end naked and pulls out a giant fish.

His pride, yet again, ruined by his bumpkin....and now naked rival.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Holy poo poo, they don't delete/remove from view the cutscene model of Goku from the intro area when you are playing in that area. So if you choose to stay there and returned to the cutscene point, Goku will just be there because his cutscene model was never removed from view.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ah, the multi-form technique in action.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Covok posted:

Holy poo poo, they don't delete/remove from view the cutscene model of Goku from the intro area when you are playing in that area. So if you choose to stay there and returned to the cutscene point, Goku will just be there because his cutscene model was never removed from view.

i hope someone for fired for that blunder

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Now I loaded out of a sequence in the air and am stuck.

Edit: Nevermind, I can still jump

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

GOTY 2020, calling it now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Why is there a quiz section with King Yemma asking questions that a child can answer?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Covok posted:

Why is there a quiz section with King Yemma asking questions that a child can answer?

those would be pretty challenging for goku so it makes sense

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Covok posted:

dragon ball is for children

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The quiz is for Goku please be patient with him.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It’s not an amazing game by any standard but I’m enjoying it a lot for what it is. It’s a nice nostalgic romp through the series with good presentation, cute side stories, and fun boss fights.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I'm kind of in love with the utterly inane comments the characters say while flying past landmarks, especially Piccolo.

"That's a steel bridge, isn't it?"
"That's a well made bridge"
"Look at those windmills!"
"That's a big tree"

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I always just assumed Dragon World had twin moons like reverse Tatooine.

the king/mayor/president for life is a dog, who cares

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Veotax posted:

I'm kind of in love with the utterly inane comments the characters say while flying past landmarks, especially Piccolo.

"That's a steel bridge, isn't it?"
"That's a well made bridge"
"Look at those windmills!"
"That's a big tree"

Piccolo is like the second youngest zwarrior give him a break. 😂

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

There’s a timeline out there where newly born Kid Piccolo actually had to grow up normally instead of freakishly fast, and Gohan had a brother kidnap him instead of a father

Covok
May 27, 2013

The game is actually pretty okay. The best part is all the incidental stuff. Like this cook you get a recipe from that clearly has a lesbian crush on Chi-Chi and keeps putting herself in danger so Chi-Chi will save her.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Also, using high-speed Dash on the ground in the open-world makes me want to sing Sonic satam theme song.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I like the gag of Gohan knowing who all the obscure/pre-Z characters are due to being told about them by Goku but when he meets Yamcha and Puar he has no clue who they are

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why can’t they get the money together to get the latam cast to dub this game gently caress

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Calaveron posted:

Why can’t they get the money together to get the latam cast to dub this game gently caress

I wish I knew. Dragon Ball is so drat big here, why are these games never dubbed? The last Saint Seiya game got dubbed and that's less important of a franchise!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I like the gag of Gohan knowing who all the obscure/pre-Z characters are due to being told about them by Goku but when he meets Yamcha and Puar he has no clue who they are

Hahah get dunked on yamcha

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I mean when would Goku bring Yamcha up in conversation, at least Krillin was his fellow student.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

I am 100% sure that some bean counter has decided the cost of doing a dub is not going to matter to sales because companies as a whole has sort of default to "people will take English or Japanese but anything else isn't worth it" most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

I mean when would Goku bring Yamcha up in conversation, at least Krillin was his fellow student.

I mean, wasn't Yamcha too? I didn't read/watch much of OG DB but Yamcha did train with Roshi too, right?