Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Kuvo posted:

thanks for the heads up, i looked a few weeks ago and everywhere was sold out

I'm fairly sure regular sales are sold out everywhere now but the PB Gundam Base store has one wave up for April shipping which is where I'm assuming those are coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
V2 is now back and Even shinier than before

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Holy poo poo is the MG Barbatos a great model kit. The detail on the inner frame is absolutely nuts.

Is it worth it to put the stickers on the inner frame, or is it more conditional if they'll be covered up or not?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Solkanar512 posted:

Holy poo poo is the MG Barbatos a great model kit. The detail on the inner frame is absolutely nuts.

Is it worth it to put the stickers on the inner frame, or is it more conditional if they'll be covered up or not?

The inner frame stickers will be pretty pointless if you put the armor on.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MG Barbatos built. drat good model kit. I'm definitely on board for more MG IBO kits, especially the inevitable Lupus/Rex.

Metrofreak
Mar 17, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Give me a MG Graze!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

My work in progress for the 30MM build. I don't have painting equipment, but I'm gonna try to add a bit of detail with some Gundam Markers eventually. The reason it's got the shoulders from the sniper pack and not the command pack is because they have an extra accessory tab on the sides as well as the top.

Now I just gotta wait for the accessory packs in February and March to release for those sweet, sweet, missile pods and booster thrusters :argh:. I am gonna put so many thrusters on this thing, I want it to look like it's built for pure brute-force acceleration in space.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

MG Barbatos built. drat good model kit. I'm definitely on board for more MG IBO kits, especially the inevitable Lupus/Rex.

I put together the frame today (I love that they separated the instructions between frame and armor to make that easier) and I agree, it's drat good. Especially with all the pistons and such you really get the feeling they've made the effort to make this feel like a proper MG and set apart from the 1/100 models.

Another thing I built recently was the RE Vigna Ghina, which is also rather good. The traditional RE polys aren't quite enough for the bigger models sometimes but they work very well on these late UC miniaturized suits, though I'm glad they seem to have abandoned the polys now. One thing I didn't realize until I actually started building it though is it's light grey rather than the traditional swirly glitter "silver" plastic. Strangely though it's 95% undergates so they were clearly considering plating at some point in development.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Kuvo posted:

thanks for the heads up, i looked a few weeks ago and everywhere was sold out

Reminder, giving one away for the 30mm build!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Finished the v3 MG RX-78-2, minus decals which I may or may not apply. This was a lot of fun to build.

My favorite mobile suit was always the Guncannon however, is the MG Guncannon any good or is it too old? Has there been an updates version?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Super Waffle posted:

Finished the v3 MG RX-78-2, minus decals which I may or may not apply. This was a lot of fun to build.

My favorite mobile suit was always the Guncannon however, is the MG Guncannon any good or is it too old? Has there been an updates version?

The MG Guncannon is literally old enough to be drafted, so it's not exactly cutting edge. The best Guncannon kit right now is the Revive kit, which is about ten bucks for a 1/144 model. It's well articulated and looks nice, but it's much smaller and simpler than a MG.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

The MG Guncannon is literally old enough to be drafted, so it's not exactly cutting edge. The best Guncannon kit right now is the Revive kit, which is about ten bucks for a 1/144 model. It's well articulated and looks nice, but it's much smaller and simpler than a MG.

Revive? Is that the same as Real Grade? That's a shame to hear though :(

I suppose I have the same question about the Perfect Grade RX-78 and Zaku, have those been updated or are they old as hell?

I've never kept up with the newer series, so the only models that seem to catch my interest are the classic mobile suits. The new Gundams sure look cool, but I just don't have any emotional attachment to them.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Super Waffle posted:

I suppose I have the same question about the Perfect Grade RX-78 and Zaku, have those been updated or are they old as hell?

I've never kept up with the newer series, so the only models that seem to catch my interest are the classic mobile suits. The new Gundams sure look cool, but I just don't have any emotional attachment to them.

Sadly, the PGs are still old as hell.

Revive is a subset of HGs that redid old kits. Same size as Real Grades, but simpler and cheaper. A lot of older suits have gotten bigger kits in the last decade, though. Which shows you like? Just the original, G, Zeta...?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Original series, 8th MS Team, pretty much whatever was on Toonami back in the day. Gundam Wing I guess.

I'll check out the selection at Yodobashi again after dinner; my brother wants me to bring him back a Zeta and Hiyaku Shiki since they're so much cheaper over here.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Super Waffle posted:

The Revive kits are basically remakes of older High Grades with modern engineering and better proportions I guess? Sort of like the HG version of a 2.0

Original HG Guncannon on the left and Revive Guncannon on the right

The Dalong review has a ton of comparison shots

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Double post but gently caress it.

I was in London the other week and I thought I might as well take a look in one of the only two stores in the entire loving city that sell Gunpla. I should probably focus on my backlog first, but gently caress it.
I saw the MG Force Impulse Gundam, I thought the design looked pretty cool, but when I saw it's "transformation" I couldn't resist.

As this is the first kit I've built that has a core fighter and the pilot is pretty visible, I started with painting the figure. Didn't have quite the right colours on hand according to the manual and I couldn't be bothered to try to mix them up, so gently caress it, close enough.

The uh, torso transformation sure is something.

Watch out for the flying pants!

The second fighter thing and the backpack booster.

Everything connected together. I did have some part breakage in the knees, the part that makes the knee armour separate when bending is just a small delicate 'hook' of plastic. Ended up deforming when making the left leg so now the armour doesn't pull together fully in that knee. Sucks, but all I have to do to make it not look weird is not have that leg straight.

Decaled up and in a temporary pose. Want to paint the two(!) standing pilot figures and maybe figure out another pose. Was thinking about doing a pose with both fighters and the two robot halves flying around, as each of them has a base adaptor, but I don't have enough base components for it. The small stand I have the non-transforming fighter on is fine for the two jets, but I doubt they'd hold the robot parts.

I'll try to break the light box out later once I've finished up the other figures and take some better pictures.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Back from Yodobashi, sadly I didn't see ANY version of the Guncannon, not even the HG. Ended up grabbing the V2 Chars Zaku and another action base to go with my Gundam, plus the HG and RG Zeta Gundams for my brother. The Zaku doesn't look like it has the option for lighting so I didn't grab another light kit, was I mistaken?

I did see this though :eyepop:

Super Waffle fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jan 19, 2020

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Super Waffle posted:

It's old, but it is plenty good. The Guncannon is a really blocky design, so it's really not particularly posable even in the Revive kit.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

pretty happy with how this hguc gramps came together:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Veotax posted:

Decaled up and in a temporary pose. Want to paint the two(!) standing pilot figures and maybe figure out another pose. Was thinking about doing a pose with both fighters and the two robot halves flying around, as each of them has a base adaptor, but I don't have enough base components for it. The small stand I have the non-transforming fighter on is fine for the two jets, but I doubt they'd hold the robot parts.

I'll try to break the light box out later once I've finished up the other figures and take some better pictures.

This is pretty rad, thanks for sharing.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Super Waffle posted:

Ended up grabbing the V2 Chars Zaku and another action base to go with my Gundam, plus the HG and RG Zeta Gundams for my brother.

Heads up the RG Zeta is apparently one hell of a hand grenade. Thats one of those Hardgraph sets or whatever, ive been scouring the net since I found them cause they made a 1/35 Core Fighter, want it but gently caress if im gonna pay $150 or more for it. MAYBE they'll reissue it one day.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

RG Zeta looks cool but never touch it and decide on the mode early lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dead Like Rev posted:

Heads up the RG Zeta is apparently one hell of a hand grenade. Thats one of those Hardgraph sets or whatever, ive been scouring the net since I found them cause they made a 1/35 Core Fighter, want it but gently caress if im gonna pay $150 or more for it. MAYBE they'll reissue it one day.

They rerun the Hard Graph series every few years. If you don’t need it right now just wait.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got a couple Amazon gift cards as a late Christmas gift, so I'm gonna use this windfall to finally get my 30MM when I get back from my vacation later this week. I'll be getting an Alto and an armor set, but since they're shipping from different places, I'd have to wait for the armor set. Would I be able to put together the base Alto first and then put the armor on it when I get that or do I have to do it all together at once?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I got a couple Amazon gift cards as a late Christmas gift, so I'm gonna use this windfall to finally get my 30MM when I get back from my vacation later this week. I'll be getting an Alto and an armor set, but since they're shipping from different places, I'd have to wait for the armor set. Would I be able to put together the base Alto first and then put the armor on it when I get that or do I have to do it all together at once?

It’s easy to swap stuff on and off so you’ll be fine.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I've done all I can on my 30MM build until those extra kits come out in February:

These are fun little kits.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Okay, that's one more kit done and out of the backlog. I used this build to experiment with scribing and photo-etch detail parts.

I think I need to do a couple of nice clean simple paintjobs next. Maybe cool it on the decals too. When adding more detail like that it gets hard for me to know when to stop.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
It looks good so you definitely didn't go too far!

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Bill Posters posted:

Okay, that's one more kit done and out of the backlog. I used this build to experiment with scribing and photo-etch detail parts.

I think I need to do a couple of nice clean simple paintjobs next. Maybe cool it on the decals too. When adding more detail like that it gets hard for me to know when to stop.

Hot drat

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I know there's a Modeling Support Goods radome but are there any inexpensive add-ons for sensors, radomes, non-weapon support equipment? I'm doing a Tiltrotor Pack Grimoire and I kinda wanna make it an EA-6, E-2, or some other kind of airborne early warning platform.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Bill Posters posted:

Wow that looks great! Which EZ-8 kit is that?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

My wife wants the Hello Kitty Gundam and found it for preorder here. Is this a reputable site?

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/sd-gundam-ex-standard-rx-78-2-gundam-hello-kitty-set

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

My wife wants the Hello Kitty Gundam and found it for preorder here. Is this a reputable site?

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/sd-gundam-ex-standard-rx-78-2-gundam-hello-kitty-set

They are sometimes slow to ship preordered items after release and not very communicative but they seem to always deliver. I had some disappointing experiences with them when they first opened but got some things a few weeks ago that showed up shortly after release so I recommend them with some reservations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The two MGs I really, really want 2.0s of are the Kampfer and Qubeley. C'mon, Bandai, you've been revisiting 08th MS Team and Zeta plenty lately. Help me out here.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think that's the old MG Ez8. Looks too big in the picture to be the HGUC model from 2013.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Midjack posted:

They are sometimes slow to ship preordered items after release and not very communicative but they seem to always deliver. I had some disappointing experiences with them when they first opened but got some things a few weeks ago that showed up shortly after release so I recommend them with some reservations.

As long as they don’t totally rip us off that’s fine. Thanks! :wotwot:

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Pyronic posted:

Wow that looks great! Which EZ-8 kit is that?

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think that's the old MG Ez8. Looks too big in the picture to be the HGUC model from 2013.

It is indeed the 2013 HGUC.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bill Posters posted:

It is indeed the 2013 HGUC.

The red details threw me off. Are those painted or did you use some sticker sheets from a real grade?

It's funny how the 2013 HGUC is equal and in some ways still superior to the 2018 HGUC Ground Gundam, especially in the shoulder sockets.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MJP posted:

I know there's a Modeling Support Goods radome but are there any inexpensive add-ons for sensors, radomes, non-weapon support equipment? I'm doing a Tiltrotor Pack Grimoire and I kinda wanna make it an EA-6, E-2, or some other kind of airborne early warning platform.

It's not outright cheap, and sadly the accessory kit version lacks the parts, but the EZ-SR from Try has a radom dish as one of its layout options.

There's also the old Builders Parts for Radomes, but they're mostly out of print right now, so tracking them down might be obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Arcsquad12 posted:

The red details threw me off. Are those painted or did you use some sticker sheets from a real grade?

It's funny how the 2013 HGUC is equal and in some ways still superior to the 2018 HGUC Ground Gundam, especially in the shoulder sockets.

As a huge fan of the 08th I've been waffling on which kit to get for ages, but I guess its not as cut and dry as it ought to be?