Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
When I went to the Lego store before Christmas that was the case. Gave them my email address and it applied the various credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Grabbed some new DC minifigs at Walmart. Got my classic Flash and long-eared pink-gloved Batman. The little pegs they added to make them more "actiony" are awesome. Also, I don't even know what Ninjago is anymore. They had three boxes that looked like little arcades and the build was an arcade cabinet (with stickers) to hold it all. Not a bad little set for $10.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dogen posted:

Also I heard you can just use points at the store again without loving around with the website

Definitely not the case when I bought Assembly Square just after Christmas at the Orlando Disney Springs store.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

kefkafloyd posted:

You could make a pretty good wreck-it ralph out of that fig.

Now I want Wreck-It Ralph sets.

You didn’t get the Wreck it Ralph New York edition?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
More to come. It's taking me a really long time to photograph and edit this fuckin' monster because I usually photograph things that are, like, a fraction of this size.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 20, 2020

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Hahaha god those minifigs are perfect

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Every used car lot in the world wishes they had a sign that cool.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Bravo Carbohydrates! That looks fantastic

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Carb, you should consider an auto wrecker/ junk yard version called Pick-a-Part and populate it with partly disassembled/color mixed versions of your amazing cars. Also, do an old gmc tow truck.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Carbohydrates posted:

More to come. It's taking me a really long time to photograph and edit this fuckin' monster because I usually photograph things that are, like, a fraction of this size.

God drat that is awesome

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
If you surrounded this with a chain link fence topped with barb wire and added a back of the lot full of scrap, donor and barely functional discount cars it'd be basically Every Small Sketchy Independent Car Lot Ever, the Lego set.

It's a masterpiece.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

EvilJoven posted:

If you surrounded this with a chain link fence topped with barb wire and added a back of the lot full of scrap, donor and barely functional discount cars it'd be basically Every Small Sketchy Independent Car Lot Ever, the Lego set.

It's a masterpiece.

And 3 German Shepard dogs

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh man, those minifigs. I can't believe how desperate and smarmy they are!

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Picked up a second speed champions set a couple days ago - the McLaren Senna. My daughter got herself the Ferrari 488 a couple months ago, and I figured we needed another so we could race. I really dig these sets, they're fun builds and cheap.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Brawnfire posted:

Oh man, those minifigs. I can't believe how desperate and smarmy they are!

What? No, they look very trustworthy!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where did the disheveled suit and tie torso come from? Yeah those guys are pretty perfect.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
From an old Spiderman set apparently

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=4851-1#T=P

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=spd010#T=P

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Carbohydrates posted:

I love this so much.

In sorting out all my old Lego I have dozens, maybe even a hundred of the old wheel piece, which are a 2x2 with a wheel on either side. Now that Lego cars are six or eight bricks wide I have no idea what use they are any more. Tiny tires by today’s standards too.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Makes me wanna go watch "Used Cars" again. :cool:

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

drgitlin posted:

I love this so much.

In sorting out all my old Lego I have dozens, maybe even a hundred of the old wheel piece, which are a 2x2 with a wheel on either side. Now that Lego cars are six or eight bricks wide I have no idea what use they are any more. Tiny tires by today’s standards too.

Make Lego SmartCars.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler
Needs a cluttered back office with coffee cups and newspapers scattered on the desk and 3 lettered tiles on the wall

A
B
C

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
First place is a speed champions Ferrari 488, second place is a set of steak knives, third place, you're fired.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Carbo, that is some good poo poo, man!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I've finished the coarse-sort of the first ~30 gallons of my Lego. So far, it looks like, by volume, it was approximately 40% bricks, 40% plates, and 20% misc. I filled almost a full PAB cup with technic pins, and 4 full PAB cups of various 1x1 plates. I figure I can get sort another 27 gallon tub into my coarse bins, and then I guess I'll fine-sort them into ziplocs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Like Carbohydrates, I usually do small MOCs due to limited spare parts and space, but I've really got a hankering to do something bigger in the near future too. Really want to do a starship that is big enough to have a full interior that can house a hanger where I can put a MOC Starfighter in, with an actual bridge, living quarters etc. I feel like that would be super fun but the thought of the BL cost is scary. and I've never really built anything big enough where I'd almost certainly have to design a technic skeleton. Also might want to learn LDD so I don't over buy parts like I usually do. Think I'm gonna make it my next Lego thing since I don't really have any sets I want to buy right now except the $700 star destroyer and lol that aint happening any time soon.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I started the Ninjago City Docks tonight, and I'm weirded out by having each number from the bag numbering be only 1 or 2 bags. I did the first four bags tonight, and it felt like each one was only a page or three of instructions.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Carbohydrates posted:

Please submit this to LEGO ideas.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
They'd have to nix the logos, probably.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You have a BMW logo, but where's the BMW

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

You have a BMW logo, but where's the BMW

Like we said, he nailed the used car lot aesthetic.

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.
LEGO ISS teaser video was posted to twitter today, I guess reveal is tomorrow morning https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/1219273421458157570?s=21

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Carbohydrates posted:

And here we go. Welcome to Big Blocks Fine Autos! I've only built one other significant building before, and it was much smaller than this one, but I learned a lot from my last attempt. This build is rock solid, it has studs scattered around for minifigs to stand on, the roof detaches, and the parking lot separates and takes down into 5 segments so this thing can be effectively transported to LUG events. Hooray for learning from mistakes!

These manufacturer logos are one of the very first things I designed for this MOC about a year ago.

The sign, on the other hand, was one of the last! At first, it was just supposed to have an array of lights at the top, but it was very obvious that the pole was just a black ship mast (for stability). The caricature of an engine, BB lettering, and arrow were all added to hide the profile of the mast a bit. All the Technic holes in the mast went from a visual annoyance to helpful anchor points.

The general shaping and proportions of this garage side dictated the scale for the whole thing, because I wanted it to comfortably fit a car inside, even with the garage door closed.

I know this feels like heresy in the AFOL world but I actually really like open-backed buildings. The skylight was a pretty last-minute addition because the roof felt really plain without something up there. The black cone that holds the flags is attached by a single stud so it can be handily disconnected from the roof. The exposed gear controls the play feature!

This whole project was originally just going to be a parking lot and a simple facade for display purposes, but I really couldn't help myself.

The other side of the sales office.

And the other side of the garage!

Overview.

I'm sure you noticed the gears and poo poo but yeah, the lift works. It can slip under load due to tolerances in the Technic half beams, which I already built a solution for, but the solution is bulkier so I decided to leave it alone for ~aesthetics~.

Shoutout to the mop bucket, which uses this build's only Q part: a yellow Travis brick.

And finally, some of my favorite little detail builds. The tool chest is from my Dad's Garage series. The coffee machine is based on my own Keurig.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Carbohydrates posted:

Hmm, I kinda feel like there should be a separate office for the manager, so the salesman can go back to it to "ask" the boss for a "favor" to knock another $500 off the price.

And there should totally be a video camera setup and a mascot costume for when it's time to make a lovely commercial for local TV.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Carbohydrates posted:

And here we go. Welcome to Big Blocks Fine Autos! I've only built one other significant building before, and it was much smaller than this one, but I learned a lot from my last attempt. This build is rock solid, it has studs scattered around for minifigs to stand on, the roof detaches, and the parking lot separates and takes down into 5 segments so this thing can be effectively transported to LUG events. Hooray for learning from mistakes!

These manufacturer logos are one of the very first things I designed for this MOC about a year ago.

The sign, on the other hand, was one of the last! At first, it was just supposed to have an array of lights at the top, but it was very obvious that the pole was just a black ship mast (for stability). The caricature of an engine, BB lettering, and arrow were all added to hide the profile of the mast a bit. All the Technic holes in the mast went from a visual annoyance to helpful anchor points.

The general shaping and proportions of this garage side dictated the scale for the whole thing, because I wanted it to comfortably fit a car inside, even with the garage door closed.

I know this feels like heresy in the AFOL world but I actually really like open-backed buildings. The skylight was a pretty last-minute addition because the roof felt really plain without something up there. The black cone that holds the flags is attached by a single stud so it can be handily disconnected from the roof. The exposed gear controls the play feature!

This whole project was originally just going to be a parking lot and a simple facade for display purposes, but I really couldn't help myself.

And the other side of the garage!

Overview.

I'm sure you noticed the gears and poo poo but yeah, the lift works. It can slip under load due to tolerances in the Technic half beams, which I already built a solution for, but the solution is bulkier so I decided to leave it alone for ~aesthetics~.

Shoutout to the mop bucket, which uses this build's only Q part: a yellow Travis brick.

And finally, some of my favorite little detail builds. The tool chest is from my Dad's Garage series. The coffee machine is based on my own Keurig.

This is amazing and would get 10k votes so fast.

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
Just chimed in to say that I’m absolutely blown away by the garage, amazing detail and craftsmanship

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Time Cowboy posted:

Make Lego SmartCars.

Oh my god this is genius.

Carbohydrate, that is seriously wonderful.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
If you were interested I could definitely see that succeeding on Lego ideas, although with fewer cars and maybe some more interior detail like an office as suggested. If you used logos of car companies that Lego already has licensing deals with that could help. Great work!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I agree. But I wouldn't change a thing. Let Lego do that if they choose it.

I think it would be a shoe-in for 10k votes and going to review. It's actually good and creative rather than just someone hoping to cash in on someone else's IP.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Dude that is awesome, all the small details make it for me. The tire rack, coffee pot, tool box, and the mop bucket. I would buy this set in a second! Not saying it needs anything else to give it that used car lot, but just going to throw it out there... Wacky Inflatable Arm guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DrChud posted:

Wacky Inflatable Arm guy.

:eyepop: