Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Barreft posted:

Just make all the magic stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP13Vd4fIoY

Then we good.

Yes, musical numbers must be included.

Rand vs Moridin, S8, E9.

e: shameless self quote, page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Perrin also isn't free from blame. They just needed to talk about things like adults, but instead we get CW relationship drama

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yes, but then we got the incredibly sweet chapter where Faile does that little feast for him. They really do love each other :unsmith:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
didn't see anyone post this

https://twitter.com/dragonmount/status/1219820015005790208?s=20

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I dunno, is her mouth pouty enough???

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, Perrin also isn't free from blame. They just needed to talk about things like adults, but instead we get CW relationship drama

Plus, Perrin's overreaction to Faile's jealousy scent (which is just one component of her emotions and motivations) is what makes him look super guilty. If he just treated Faile like he normally does there would be zero issue whatsoever.

His sense of smell gives him additional insight, but without proper context leads him astray, and this is one of those cases where it does.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
What does jealousy smell of anyway? Does Faile just smell like heinous egg farts to Perrin all the time while she demands he beat the poo poo out of her?

Faile might actually be worse than Elayne, hard as that is to believe.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

bloom posted:

What does jealousy smell of anyway? Does Faile just smell like heinous egg farts to Perrin all the time while she demands he beat the poo poo out of her?

spiky? prickly? are the only words my brain associated

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Have they cast Min yet? Was talking to someone the other day about how they could make Rand's harem less "cringey wish fulfillment fantasy" and had the though that there's no reason why Min couldn't be a dude, right? :gay:

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Avalerion posted:

Have they cast Min yet? Was talking to someone the other day about how they could make Rand's harem less "cringey wish fulfillment fantasy" and had the though that there's no reason why Min couldn't be a dude, right? :gay:

.....I'm willing to allow it.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Avalerion posted:

How's that "less"

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The harem thing is pretty weird but also who wouldn't want three banging babes as wives??

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Anyone who ever had to deal with one banging babe

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
They could also like just have them date sequentially. Rand has his fling with Elayne in Tear which breaks off when they leave, then his whole thing with Aviendha before she leaves and he finally gets with Min.

He barely interacts with the three of them at once anyways. The only time I think he even sees Elayne and Aviendha after they go off to do their own thing is when he and Elayne gently caress secretly and she gets pregnant.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Zore posted:

They could also like just have them date sequentially. Rand has his fling with Elayne in Tear which breaks off when they leave, then his whole thing with Aviendha before she leaves and 8e finally gets with Min.

He barely interacts with the three of them at once anyways. The only time I think he even sees Elayne and Aviendha after they go off to do their own thing is when he and Elayne gently caress secretly and she gets pregnant.

And he sees all of them in A Memory of Light.

Anyway, episode titles have been revealed!

1. Episode: Leavetaking
2. Episode: Shadow Waiting (Shadar Logoth means Shadow Waiting, so that seems pretty clear)
3. Episode: A Place of Safety
4. Episode: The Dragon Reborn (will that be the climax of book 1 already?)
5. Episode: Blood Calls Blood (that's the prophecy that gets revealed at the beginning of book 2, will there be only 4 episodes per book?)
6. Episode: The Flame of Tar Valon (meeting the Amyrlin so soon... at least it also means meeting Verin very early!)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

4 episodes for tbhe entirety of book 1 means lots of cut time tbh

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Uh 6 episodes in the season? Are they gonna be 2 hours each?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I thought we were getting 8 episodes? 6 seems really really short to try and pack all of book 1 in.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Around Christmas, I mentioned to my brother's girlfriend that there was an Amazon production of The Wheel of Time in the works. (She had been recommending Netflix's Witcher series.)

Her: "Have they ordered nineteen seasons?"
Me: "God I hope so."

What I want most of all is for things to look and sound right, to match the detailed descriptions given. I often have trouble picturing the clothes and accents described once they start traveling around the continent. The plot and characters I can get from the books. I'd love for the series to be a great adaptation in all aspects, but when I first heard about it, look and sound were my top priorities. They're easier than giving a season for each book.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

My guess is they're cutting everything from shadar logoth to the Ways, then doing Fal Dara from the 2nd book as a denouement.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
So no whitebridge, bayle doman, elyas, tinkers? That's a lot of fun stuff to ditch.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Soonmot posted:

So no whitebridge, bayle doman, elyas, tinkers? That's a lot of fun stuff to ditch.

You mean a lot of important stuff. Hell Domon sets up the Tower of Ghenjei.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Brolander posted:

spiky? prickly? are the only words my brain associated

Ammonia, then.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Soonmot posted:

Assuming the show does well that's a lot of stuff that can be rolled into the Great Hunt portion of book 2 where the entire cast is basically travelling across the continent anyway.

Not ideal but I'm sure they put some thought into how to make it all work. And ostensibly season 2 would have a bigger budget, so they can do those elements right.

Fingers crossed anyway.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Yeah it really sounds like 2 books in the first season :( I can't imagine how that can work, without being a completely different thing from the books. There's just too much stuff to set up.

I think you can condense everything else but not the first book. It just sets up too much.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

If we're getting a Moirane-centric POV for the first season, that listing would actually line up pretty well to the scene's she's in. I could see them doing the excised bits as flashbacks later on.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i guess it depends on how long the episodes are

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

i guess it depends on how long the episodes are

Sherlock style 2 hour bonanzas

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

silvergoose posted:

Sherlock style 2 hour bonanzas

really? i could see them pulling everything off, then. things can flow a lot differently in motion than in text.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

really? i could see them pulling everything off, then. things can flow a lot differently in motion than in text.

Sorry, that should have had a "I HOPE!!!!" at the end of it.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

You can clear book 1 pretty quickly. It’s a story of Rand, Perrin, Moraine, and a bit of Egwene. All of Nyneave’s stuff is kind of off screen, Mat isn’t really a character until book 3. Loial only needs to be introduced. Honestly you can just drop the whole Rand meets Elayne thing since she naturally shows up in TGH anyways (although Logain is cast so I’m sure this scene happens).

Thom is cast so I’m sure Whitebridge happens. Rands trip from there to Camelyn can be handwaved away. Perrin getting lost, meeting Elyas, and killing the Whitecloaks isn’t going to take long, especially if they cut the Tinkers. Aram isn’t cast, so I doubt they deal with them since he’s the only plot point to come out of it.

The ways and the blight can be done in ep 3.

6 hours to get through the attack on Fal Dara seems about right.

I just rambled a bunch but I can see how the season comes together.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I don't know if they can fit two dozen haycart rides with rand and mat in only 6 episodes :ohdear:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Pander posted:

I don't know if they can fit two dozen haycart rides with rand and mat in only 6 episodes :ohdear:

no matter what scene is going on they'll have a little window in a top corner just showing a view of rand and mat bumping along in a cart as mat looks like he's about to die

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
The hay cart rides are pointless in themselves but you gotta spend some time setting up Mat and the dagger and Rand's early channelling surely?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Ungratek posted:

You can clear book 1 pretty quickly. It’s a story of Rand, Perrin, Moraine, and a bit of Egwene. All of Nyneave’s stuff is kind of off screen, Mat isn’t really a character until book 3. Loial only needs to be introduced. Honestly you can just drop the whole Rand meets Elayne thing since she naturally shows up in TGH anyways (although Logain is cast so I’m sure this scene happens).

Thom is cast so I’m sure Whitebridge happens. Rands trip from there to Camelyn can be handwaved away. Perrin getting lost, meeting Elyas, and killing the Whitecloaks isn’t going to take long, especially if they cut the Tinkers. Aram isn’t cast, so I doubt they deal with them since he’s the only plot point to come out of it.

The ways and the blight can be done in ep 3.

6 hours to get through the attack on Fal Dara seems about right.

I just rambled a bunch but I can see how the season comes together.

Tinkers have been leaked and look pretty good, I think? Not exactly confirmed, but still. Anyway, they're the other remnant of the original Da'Shain Aiel, kind of important if they're going to delve deeply into the Aiel in TSR.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I'm just into the waste in shadow rising and aaaaa the visions are soon aaaaa it's such a great chapter.

Ani
Jun 15, 2001
illum non populi fasces, non purpura regum / flexit et infidos agitans discordia fratres

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Tinkers have been leaked and look pretty good, I think? Not exactly confirmed, but still. Anyway, they're the other remnant of the original Da'Shain Aiel, kind of important if they're going to delve deeply into the Aiel in TSR.
They can pick up tinkers as long as they have Perrin meeting them in TSR happen before Rand goes through the columns.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Ani posted:

They can pick up tinkers as long as they have Perrin meeting them in TSR happen before Rand goes through the columns.

Yeah, I don’t think they’ll drop them entirely, but it might be better to establish other things and get to them with Perrin in TSR

I have no idea if they’ve been filmed already, also I’m just suggesting how I’d go about it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they definitely have a lot of freedom to rearrange events how they see fit, and sometimes it actually works out pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
The model isn't to be some slavish episodic recreation of a 300pg book like the first couple Harry Potter movies, anyway.

We're going to get the what and the why and the broad strokes, the details and lines are going to get shuffled.

But I think having tinker designs dressed this early means they will be in the TEotW segments and won't wait till TSR.