Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skjorte posted:

It's actually weirder in the exact context he presents it on the podcast. He tells Jericho he's lucky he didn't start wrestling at a younger age because he would've missed out on lots of important moments in life. Jericho asks him to elaborate, surely expecting to hear about some kind of formative experience that molded him into what he is now, and that (literal) poo poo story was what he came up with.

nobody can pretend to know or understand the mind of a skateboarder unless they themselves are in that lifestyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Darby sounds like every poor dumb idiot friend I had as a teen/20-something. It's not good but it's eh, just whatever. They're products of their environment and hopefully Darby grows out of it someday. It is kind of embarrassing that he's 27.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like darby and its going to take more than "paid some guy to gargle poo poo water" to make me dislike him. Darby, please, do not take my statement as a dare. Michael Elgin did that and look what happened to him.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

coconono posted:

do not take my statement as a dare. Michael Elgin did that and look what happened to him.

:yikes:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I can't really get too bent out of shape about Darby's weirdo edgelord skate culture tendencies when I voluntarily watch pro wrestling, an industry in which every participant is that but ten times worse.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Darby is such an exploitative poo poo head. Be sure to check out Street Beefs Daytona for hilarious poo poo.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

collocation fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 13, 2020

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ya can't aim to please everyone, as the well known idiom goes

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The forum just has biases and I've accepted it. Asuka wearing nazi gear is ok, Darby exploiting addicts for entertainment is fine. I don't have many wrestlers i'd follow through anything like that but I can't honestly claim i'd ever abandon Daniel Bryan no matter what he did or said, I admit i've attached my personality to being a Daniel Bryan fan and i'm just lucky he's never done anything all that bad.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
He married a Bella and appears to have a stable, healthy relationship with her. Fuckin gross!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Glad to see that Darby is good and that fan is dumb.

The Sammy WOR interview is great, laughed so hard my ribs hurt.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

collocation fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 13, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

collocation posted:

How is the fan dumb? The fan didn't say that the person was homeless. Darby just dreamed up that he did on his own.

Darby didn't think that the case was so clear since he deleted his tweets.

Because he's angry at Darby for helping a guy in need. He would rather go on just trying to ignore any, but Darby gave him his last $3 and got to film a crazy stunt the guy wanted to do.

Now he's helping his friend get his kid back. Has that guy ever let a guy who needed a home live in his house and set him up with gigs to help him get his child back? Probably not. Easier to cast judgment on people than help.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sometimes hosed up poo poo just happens and you do your best to get through it. I don't think Darby's in the right for telling that story tho.

coconono fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 25, 2020

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Darby Allin got his last name from a violent rapist. People should have realized he's a lovely person sooner.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

living in 2020 is loving exhausting

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He’s named after the first PPV promoted by Cody and the Bucks

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Can't say enough good things about the Sammy Guevara interview, it's loving hysterical.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Justin Roberts is extremely well liked and kind, which is why WWE bullied the poo poo out of him and stole his relationship with Connor Michalek for clout

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

AlmightyPants posted:

Can't say enough good things about the Sammy Guevara interview, it's loving hysterical.

“You are a tremendous douchebag.”

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I wonder if AEW will make Allin as freely available for interviews in the future.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Cameo posted:

“You are a tremendous douchebag.”

Bryan was so happy to get to say that, ahaha

Also, from today:

Jim Valley: And Mike Sempervive, I understand you just did a Big Audio Nightmare which is available for subscribers?
Sempervive: I did!
Jim Valley: ......
Sempervive: .....
Jim Valley: Would you like to tell us a bit about it?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Darby said mean things about WWE and so the WWE reddit force is out in full effect to concern troll about dumb jackass skater poo poo they wouldn't give a drat about otherwise

(edit) not calling people on here redditors, I just mean that is where this whole thing originated

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

There's smoke. It's unwise both to call it fire and to dismiss it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

There's smoke. It's unwise both to call it fire and to dismiss it.

it's a campfire, it's harmless and you can cook smores, which are delicious

I kinda lost the metaphor, I think, I'm hungry

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jan 25, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There is smoke, the question is, do we want the smoke.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It depends where the smoke is coming from, or if its even real smoke. It could be liquid smoke and therefore be a way to improve a bacon sandwich.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MJeff posted:

There is smoke, the question is, do we want the smoke.

coconono posted:

Nick Gage .... dead eyed the camera and said "420 blaze it pass it to the right" in a promo.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I really missed the classic Cabana podcast format. and having it be with Ospreay, who is both a magnificent doofus and also quite humble and reflective on his career so far, is a real treat.

the story about Jimmy Havoc (? I think it was him) taking Will aside and going "mate, it's great you can do all of Ricochet's poo poo, but you need to start thinking of who you are" was really good.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Edit: Removed an emptyquote

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 25, 2020

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

JUNGLE BOY posted:

:ck5:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm not saying it's right but if any of you out there have never dared a friend to do something really stupid or dangerous or have never been dared to do something really stupid or dangerous especially while drinking for very little or no money that they told you they 'could totally do' then you simply had a different upbringing than my friends and I did

My friends weren't even drug addicts and it was shocking the kind of poo poo they'd do just for fun and found it hilarious

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

but did they need that tiny amount of money to buy a moon pie and live for one more day?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'm not saying it's right but if any of you out there have never dared a friend to do something really stupid or dangerous or have never been dared to do something really stupid or dangerous especially while drinking for very little or no money that they told you they 'could totally do' then you simply had a different upbringing than my friends and I did

My friends weren't even drug addicts and it was shocking the kind of poo poo they'd do just for fun and found it hilarious

Were you also in your mid twenties as you did those things?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Incessant Excess posted:

Were you also in your mid twenties as you did those things?

He seems like a good person so by his mid 20s I would expect he would graduate to accepting a friend in need's offer to do crazy stunts to raise money to get his child back. I might be wrong, but I think Mr. Carlisle would do that in his mid 20s.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's kind of unfair to expect a person to grow out of doing dumb stunts and yet somehow become a professional wrestler.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Big Huski Boi posted:

It's kind of unfair to expect a person to grow out of doing dumb stunts and yet somehow become a professional wrestler.

It's not unfair to at least hope, but it 's certainly unrealistic.

Also, my wife has made me aware that Priscilla Kelly was on My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding more than once (the first time she was looking for a husband at age 14, but she never got married), and they've basically disowned her since she became a pro wrestler.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kvantum posted:

It's not unfair to at least hope, but it 's certainly unrealistic.

Also, my wife has made me aware that Priscilla Kelly was on My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding more than once (the first time she was looking for a husband at age 14, but she never got married), and they've basically disowned her since she became a pro wrestler.

She's said that the entire episode is fake too, that nothing on that show is real. Her childhood and family life sounds rough, grew up very poor.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Not really. That implies being a decent human being is exhausting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Spikegal posted:

Not really. That implies being a decent human being is exhausting.

Living in a state of constant outrage isn't tiring?