Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

Were you also in your mid twenties as you did those things?

High school and very early twenties probably, and like I said the situations aren't the same and I'm not saying it's right nor is it a hill I'm prepared to die on or whatever

The only thing I was saying is that myself and many people I know grew up in that sort of atmosphere where daring each other to do stupid poo poo usually with zero money involved was extremely common because living in a rural area is really boring and often times you'd find yourself doing dumb nonsense to liven things up because you are young and didn't worry about things like consequences or bodily injury. I haven't seen anything as gross as the story described but there's a long list of things I've seen just because a friend knew it would make a group of us laugh and they wanted someone to dare them to. Get 20+ people in the same house for a party and you'll be shocked to learn that 9 times out of 10 someone is going to do something ridiculously dangerous be it overdrinking or some sort of stunt to be the life of the party.

Growing up in the era of Jackass and Bumfights I've seen some disgusting poo poo done for money or for laughs but obviously that doesn't make any of it right. That being said we shouldn't throw the guy in the 'always bad' pile because of it quite yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Defiance Industries posted:

Living in a state of constant outrage isn't tiring?

There's plenty to be outraged about in 2020 but you're implying that being in 2020 and part of this culture it's just outraged for outrageous sake. That belittles the idea that there is legitimate things to be outraged about.

When I see someone say something like living in 2020 is exhausting it makes me think of all those people that tell me I shouldn't be upset when I see stuff like transphobia or homophobia or systemic racism. It's a problematic phrase

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just dropped a new episode where we broke down AEW's Bash at the Beach and previewed NJPW's New Beginning shows. It's a fun one, I highly recommend checking it out!

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-28-aew-bash-at-the-beach-and-njpw-new-beginning/

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Spikegal posted:

There's plenty to be outraged about in 2020 but you're implying that being in 2020 and part of this culture it's just outraged for outrageous sake. That belittles the idea that there is legitimate things to be outraged about.

When I see someone say something like living in 2020 is exhausting it makes me think of all those people that tell me I shouldn't be upset when I see stuff like transphobia or homophobia or systemic racism. It's a problematic phrase

As someone that is very glad you are here that wasn't the direction I was headed when I empty quoted it so out of respect I apologize and will remove it

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

StarkRavingMad posted:

Darby said mean things about WWE and so the WWE reddit force is out in full effect to concern troll about dumb jackass skater poo poo they wouldn't give a drat about otherwise

(edit) not calling people on here redditors, I just mean that is where this whole thing originated

No, it didn't originate there. I know the person who started it. They pretty much hate WWE. They were a big fan of Darby.

Not everyone gives a poo poo about stupid brand wars.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

He mentioned being in film school during the Jeremy Piven's Cousin thing, which would have been before he started wrestling at 21, so I can imagine a broke 19-20 year old idly saying to a neighbor who kept saying he'd do hosed up things for money that he'd give him three dollars to film him doing a particularly hosed up thing and going through when the guy accepted because, hey, you're the one who offered and you can't exactly back out now, especially when this guy and the things he does are a constant presence in your life, being your neighbor and all, and you've become desensitized to his outlandish behavior.

It's hosed up, yeah, but in the grand scheme of hosed up wrestler behavior it's relatively minor.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ahhhh never mind

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What an awesome conversation this has been, I'm glad everybody took that guy's post seriously, it was definitely worth it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

People raised and discussed a topic that came up during a podcast, it's perfectly in line with the intent of this thread. If you want the conversation to be about something else, bring up some other subject related to wrestling podcasts and maybe the discussion will be about that instead.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I was reading the comments under a friend's Facebook post just now, when suddenly I saw a name...

Brent Kremen.

Surely not, I thought. But it was. I'm dying to ask her how she knows him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I was reading the comments under a friend's Facebook post just now, when suddenly I saw a name...

Brent Kremen.

maybe she met him on video dating site

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

maybe she met him on video dating site
LOL no.

But sure enough, mouse over his name? Two mutual friends, including <my gal pal> and Bryan Alvarez.

Edit: Eivdently they went to high school together.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 25, 2020

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

I Before E posted:

He mentioned being in film school during the Jeremy Piven's Cousin thing, which would have been before he started wrestling at 21, so I can imagine a broke 19-20 year old idly saying to a neighbor who kept saying he'd do hosed up things for money that he'd give him three dollars to film him doing a particularly hosed up thing and going through when the guy accepted because, hey, you're the one who offered and you can't exactly back out now, especially when this guy and the things he does are a constant presence in your life, being your neighbor and all, and you've become desensitized to his outlandish behavior.

It's hosed up, yeah, but in the grand scheme of hosed up wrestler behavior it's relatively minor.

I worked with a dude like this in my early 20's and that poo poo gets exhausting after a while. He never did anything quite that gross, but he'd eat dust covered cobwebs or food that had been in the back of the fridge for months. When the warehouse we worked at got flooded he drank flood water. I guess the flood water thing is pretty drat close.

"Bet you don't think I'd do THIS for (insert meager amount of money)!" at a certain point you just want to throw a couple bucks at him so he shuts up and goes away.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jim Valley v Seth is the best fued in wrestling.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Okay, so... Brent is trying to friend me on Facebook.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MJeff posted:

What an awesome conversation this has been, I'm glad everybody took that guy's post seriously, it was definitely worth it.

Sarcastic or not we need to be respectful to all that post here when they're good people and deserve it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Okay, so... Brent is trying to friend me on Facebook.

The coronavirus is studying his actions for guidance, be wary!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

The Croc posted:

Jim Valley v Seth is the best fued in wrestling.

Sulkamania had me loving rolling

Jim is NOT about to be outdone by the Jericruise shows

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

The coronavirus is studying his actions for guidance, be wary!
I accepted and now he's messaging me. I've made a huge mistake.

Pleasedon'thitonmePleasedon'thitonme.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
"Finally, Seth Rollins HAS COME BACK... to fewer paying customers"

have the "seth is a good heel because he made jim valley mad" takes come in yet

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I accepted and now he's messaging me. I've made a huge mistake.

Pleasedon'thitonmePleasedon'thitonme.

sever

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

People raised and discussed a topic that came up during a podcast, it's perfectly in line with the intent of this thread. If you want the conversation to be about something else, bring up some other subject related to wrestling podcasts and maybe the discussion will be about that instead.

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Brent Kremen.

These two posts happening next to each other are my favourite thing that ever happened on this site

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I had to look up who Brent Kremen was but his name puts to mind Kermit Semen

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

These two posts happening next to each other are my favourite thing that ever happened on this site

:hfive:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You might be hit on by
You might be hit on by

A smooth kremenal.

RIP Songs 2005-Whenever Bryan got that copyright strike.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I closed my Facebook tab. I'm not dealing with this right now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

RIP Songs 2005-Whenever Bryan got that copyright strike.

Please dump the video service and bring back songs, Bryan :sigh:

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I closed my Facebook tab. I'm not dealing with this right now.

just feed all of his sent messages into an ai bot and give him the replies

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

TKImpulse posted:

just feed all of his sent messages into an ai bot and give him the replies
Just send him Allen Iverson quotes.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I can only theorize, but judging by how abruptly he went from trying to figure out if I was going to be at a Royal Rumble party to him ghosting me, he likely clicked through, scrolled down some, and figured out I'm trans.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Whoever said he was from Korn was spot-on, Goddamn.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Whoever said he was from Korn was spot-on, Goddamn.

Honestly getting strong Tripp Eisen from Static X vibes which...well, yikes if you know what happened with that guy. (A libertarian who has had sex with at least 2 underage girls? Shock horror!)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

White people shouldn't do dreads, but braids aren't quite dreads, and Bryan's not white, and my black friends don't really follow wrestling outside of big shows at my house, so I'm just bein' a stupid white girl over here, worrying about whether or not I can laugh that Bryan got carnied.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I always forget that Bryan is of Latino descent because he talks and acts like the whitest man on the planet

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

White people shouldn't do dreads, but braids aren't quite dreads, and Bryan's not white, and my black friends don't really follow wrestling outside of big shows at my house, so I'm just bein' a stupid white girl over here, worrying about whether or not I can laugh that Bryan got carnied.

Always laugh at a carnie getting out carnied.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't really know exactly but braids of many types are culturally older than dreads and i wouldn't naturally see why they would be considered something lesser in this context. just going to link a vid at a timestamp that might be relevant to this specific situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1KJRRSB_XA&t=76s

hope not to come across as an opponent of anyone by posting this. i don't know fuckin poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Paisley kinda looks like granny in that picture :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Always laugh at a carnie getting out carnied.

:hai:

Bryan: Well Dave, we were beaten by the best.
Dave: I don't know, Bryan, they didn't seem all that sma-
Bryan: We were beaten by the best :toughguy: