Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Turned on the Noah show in time for Cypress Hill :hellyeah:

Just realised that the best thing about this deal is that CyberAgent spring for all the music rights for DDTU and we're not going to have to watch every Sugiura entrance in silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is it an intermission now? Everybody started leaving and now it's just a graphic... I didn't miss the whole show did I? :ohdear:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Is it an intermission now? Everybody started leaving and now it's just a graphic... I didn't miss the whole show did I? :ohdear:

Nah, just the first half of it. Just intermission

Togo Ogawa was real fun grappling time. Very enjoyable. Whole show has flown by actually, didn't even realise I'd been here for 90 minutes until just now

Cool, time to boo Kongo now

Kaito & Kenoh staredown always cool.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jan 30, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love a well-timed no-sell :hellyeah:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kaito Kiyamiya and Kenoh have that "fight forever" energy to them. Rivals for the next 15 years.

Good lord Kitamiya's chest is red raw from those Marufuji chops

Kenoh never missing a chance to be the most arrogant man in the room.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jan 30, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Who was the dude in green, he was impressive as hell.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Who was the dude in green, he was impressive as hell.

That's Kaito Kiyomiya, the former champ. Only 23. Wears green in tribute to Misawa.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well Kiyomiya owns!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Well Kiyomiya owns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eby9RXk4dxk

If you want to see more of his work, I can think of no better place to start

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NOAH multiman tags are some of the most fun multiman tags going right now.

Sugiuragun have the best t-shirt in the biz, reppin' Sugi's dog.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

When love came to town, motherfucking BB King :stwoon:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jesus Christ, have you seen the state of the side of Shiozaki's face that Fujita was slapping? Eurgh

Nakajima is the coolest

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 30, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please stop hitting that man's neck :gonk:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Don't want to see presumptious but have a feeling Go's first defence might be against Ol' Ironhead

AND Kiyomiya challenging Sugiura for the National title. Hell to yeah

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jan 30, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I would like to make the case that Dick Togo is still absolutely rad. Dude's been wrestling for 28 years, still has the best senton in wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The dude selling his knee throughout the match to the point he couldn't hold bridges on pins etc was cool... but a little undercut by the fact he won the match by holding the bridge on a pin, even if he did immediately go to clutching at his knee in pain immediately afterwards.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fujita vs Go is gonna own so hard. NOAH is really determined to bring back the good parts of Inokiism.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Gonna watch the free Noah show over the next day or two. What are those other federations on DDT Universe? I know TJPW is joshi but not sure about BASARA, Rojo, and Ganbare.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

Gonna watch the free Noah show over the next day or two. What are those other federations on DDT Universe? I know TJPW is joshi but not sure about BASARA, Rojo, and Ganbare.

BASARA is Isami Kodaka's company. They're similar to DDT in the mix of comedy and great wrestling but more underground. They left the DDT Group at the end of last year so there won't any new stuff from them on Universe. It's worth going back at least to check out Ryota Nakatsu's run with the UNION Max title from last year because it ruled. He was possibly the best champion of 2019 match quality wise and nobody really talked him up.

Rojo is the tag for the street wrestling DDT does. That's where you'll find the shows on the train or the forest or the swimming pool.

Ganbare is Ken Ohka's company. I honestly don't know much about them beyond them being a comedy fed too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1222929504177393671?s=20

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
you'll definitely want to get deep into the rojo shows. lotta gold in there.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
You need to watch the empty stadium match twice. Once on normal viewing and once with B&V commentating over the absurdity

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Reminder that the Toryumon Reunion show is on tomorrow, 6:30pm JST/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/work out the other timezones yourself. Only one match announced with the rest to be announced during the show, but there is a list of names of who is on the show

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1222839365845434368?s=20

Like the tweet says, there's English commentary, from Larry Dallas & Jae who used to run I heart DG & I think does the official English DG Facebook & Twitter accounts. It should be fun and it's not like you'll have anything better to do on a Friday morning like sleep or work.

This is going to be the start of a heavy run: Toryumon on the 31st, NJPW on the 1st, 2nd, 4th & 5th, Dragon Gate doing 2 shows on the 2nd, AJPW on the 6th, DDT & TJP each having live shows on the 1st. Then Dragon Gate on the 7th & New Beginning in Osaka on the 9th, AJPW & TJP on the 11th. 3 days with no wrestling to watch in a fortnight basically.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Toryumon show should be lots of fun, and having Jae on commentary will be a godsend since he's probably the single most knowledgeable english speaking person in the world when it comes to Toryumon.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Dimebags Brain posted:

Toryumon show should be lots of fun, and having Jae on commentary will be a godsend since he's probably the single most knowledgeable english speaking person in the world when it comes to Toryumon.

Yeah I absolutely differ to him as a knowledge source. He had a series of podcasts a decade ago that are sadly lost to time that were drat near essential listening.

LD is sick and shoot has no idea what’s going to happen on this show.

I’m doing a review of this show tomorrow for VOW and I can’t wait.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

BJW announced the blocks for the Strong Climb and it looks insane

Block A

Akira Hyodo
Ryuichi Kawakami
Daichi Hashimoto
Yoshiki Inamura (NOAH)
T-Hawk (OWE)

Block B

Kazuki Hashimoto
Daisuke Sekimoto
Taishi Takizawa (2AW)
Kohei Sato (Zero-1)
X (TBA 2.11)

Block C

Hideyoshi Kamitami
Ryota Hama
Yuji Okayabayashi
Yuji Hino (Zero-1)
Quiet Storm (free)

Block D

Yuya Aoki
Yasufumi Nakanoue
Takuya Nomura
Kazumi Kikuta
Jake Lee (AJPW)

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1223826342153723905?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That NOAH/MLW deal lasted about 3 seconds.

Don't MLW use Stronghearts?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

CIMA and T-Hawk were on the most recent MLW tapings, judging from CIMA’s Instagram.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1223822681570672640

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

forkboy84 posted:

they got written off, most likely, on yesterday's tapings. i don't anticipate mlw using them going forward if they have this dg relationship

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And the Noah deal probably fell apart for similar reasons, they're now owned by the same group as DDT which seem more AEW alligned.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

gimme Shiozaki chopping fools on Dynamite or gimme death

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

hunnert car pileup posted:

gimme Shiozaki chopping fools on Dynamite or gimme death

put Kaito over Jericho you cowards

e: not even a joke, I genuinely think Kaito Kiyomiya should have a good stint in AEW for a few months, because NOAH's in very good hands, everyone says he needs that extra something to tip him over the edge, and he'll still be the ace when he comes back

Venomous fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 2, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

And the Noah deal probably fell apart for similar reasons, they're now owned by the same group as DDT which seem more AEW alligned.

NOAH has its working arrangement with Impact still.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hah. Fair enough then. Body bag is a bit on the nose mind!

And yeah, NOAH are still working with Impact for the time being.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

forkboy84 posted:

Hah. Fair enough then. Body bag is a bit on the nose mind!

And yeah, NOAH are still working with Impact for the time being.
If the partnership continues and extends, I look forward to DDT getting Impact banned on twitch a second time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm finally catching up on January All Japan shows from the middle of the month and am watching the 11/1 show. The 3rd match of the show has Black Tiger and Izanagi against Hikaru Sato and Yosuke Okada and the Evolution team brought out...something? It looked like it could be a heater/ACU or something and then it seemed to fall apart instantly and Black Tiger was trying to fix it while ignoring his partner being stretched in some fun comedy.

My question is what the hell is that box? And was it just me or did the ref raise like a title before the match?

Actually really enjoying how utterly absurd this is.

While I'm talking about this show? Is it a hot take to say AJPW random house shows are more entertaining than random NJPW house shows? Because this Danny Jones Jake Lee doesn't feel like something you'd get on a New Japan show from Aomori or whatever. Of course Lee will win but it elevates Jones in defeat and it's just a fun singles between two guys who are more than just young boys.

Plus All Japan house show means getting to sing KENTO KENTO KENTO over his entrance song

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 6, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

AJPW random house shows are sometimes more fun than big AJPW Korakuen shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

No New Japan tomorrow but instead there's Dragon Gate at Korakuen Hall! With English commentary! Headlined by the first Naruki Doi title defence of his current reign! Against Kzy!

Dragon Gate Truth Gate 2020
7th February
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
6:30pm JST/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

Open The Dream Gate Title
Naruki Doi (c) vs Kzy
3 Way Tag Team Match
Toryumon (Masato Yoshino & Shuji Kondo) vs Dragongate (KAI & YAMATO) vs RED (BxB Hulk & Eita)
Open The Triangle Gate Title 3 Way
RED (Diamante, HYO & Takashi Yoshida) (c) vs Toryumon (Dragon Kid, Kenichiro Arai & Ryo Saito) vs Dragongate (Keisuke Okuda, Strong Machine J & Yosuke♡Santa Maria.
Toryumon (Don Fujii, Genki Horiguchi & Ultimo Dragon) vs RED (Big R Shimizu, Kazma Sakamoto & Kaito Ishida)
Dragongate (Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka) vs Toryumon (Susumu Yokosuka & Yasushi Kanda)
Kota Minoura vs Masaaki Mochizuki
Ben-K, Jason Lee & Problem Dragon vs Gamma, Kento Kobune & Taketo Kamei
Prelim Tryout Match
Martin Kirby & Michael Zu vs Ho Ho Lun & Super Shisa

Should be an enjoyable show and the Dream Gate match will be a banger. The absolutely fantastic Pac defence against Kzy was at this point in the calendar and we got one of the best matches of 2019 from it.