Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

A Russian troll farm posted:

One of my coworkers passed through an airport in china the week before last, and on thursday morning he looked like loving trash. He was all flushed and sweaty. Shoul,d I quit my job and barricade myself indoors with enough booze and rice and beans to live for a month or two?

...do you have a reason not to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Just think of the gaming we can all accomplish on quarantine

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I would sure have an egg on my face if I had to explain in a job interview that I abruptly quit my last job because of paranoia over a pandemic, if there didn't end up being a pandemic. I gotta time this one right

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1224094936498352130?s=19

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is there any credible sources for the “China is cremating people 24/7 now” narrative that is appearing in the tabloid news at all?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Bape Culture posted:

Is there any credible sources for the “China is cremating people 24/7 now” narrative that is appearing in the tabloid news at all?

Does China's national health commission count as a "credible source" to you?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bape Culture posted:

The fact that it's an entirely prudent and reasonable course of action isn't enough for you? This is like asking if it's believable that the government is telling people to wash their hands

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

^ that’s not what I’m asking.

Jabor posted:

Does China's national health commission count as a "credible source" to you?

I saw that but that’s how most good rumours start with kernel of truth. I understand they want to cremate all victims of the virus but that wouldn’t require 24/7 multiple crematoriums running if it was “only” 300 or so people over the past few weeks. Googling it shows me not much other than red tops and twitter folk saying it’s X thousand per day or whatever. Was hoping there might be credible Chinese news sites out there.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean this thing is killing people, do you want graves, cremation or just a heap of bodies in the street?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Note to self. Do not take public transit or travel in an enclosed space with anyone else for at least the next few months.

https://twitter.com/SavingHongKong/status/1223986913607999489?s=20

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

not to be outdone by Milwaukee, Wuhan rebrands itself as 'crem city'

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

One of my coworkers passed through an airport in china the week before last, and on thursday morning he looked like loving trash. He was all flushed and sweaty. Shoul,d I quit my job and barricade myself indoors with enough booze and rice and beans to live for a month or two?

Why don't you barricade yourself with some good food. It's not the great depression here; live well while the world burns.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Infect the west for the glory of communism

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hamelekim posted:

Note to self. Do not take public transit or travel in an enclosed space with anyone else for at least the next few months.

https://twitter.com/SavingHongKong/status/1223986913607999489?s=20

RIP me in two weeks flying home.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

You’re going to get locked in your room before the week is up I’m afraid

https://mobile.twitter.com/truthwi60348276/status/1224067182255984640

https://mobile.twitter.com/dorothy3hk/status/1224020837906280448

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

RIP me in two weeks flying home.

I just flew back from Taipei via Korea to Toronto and nothing virus-related happened. Knock on wood, I think I got through without picking anything up, but I won't know for sure until 2 weeks from now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

might be an osha violation

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

we're all fuckin dead. i didnt want it to be this way, i wanted it to be a nuclear war, or an asteroid/rogue planet mega-owning earth

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dramicus posted:

I just flew back from Taipei via Korea to Toronto and nothing virus-related happened. Knock on wood, I think I got through without picking anything up, but I won't know for sure until 2 weeks from now.

you're already dead, sorry

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

QuarkJets posted:

you're already dead, sorry

Well poo poo. There was a dude playing Plague Inc on his phone a couple rows in front of where I was sitting.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Rinkles posted:

might be an osha violation

Yap. But if you really want to get out, you can remove the door hinge from inside.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

There appears to just be 2 tiny tack welds onto the tiny piece of metal on the top too. You could break that with a firm push lol. Not sure wtf it’s meant to be but that isn’t keeping anyone in. Freaks my nut out that China has front doors that open outward into a corridor too

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum
Welp. Multiple cases of doctors (GPs) in Australia refusing to see people with a history of overseas travel.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

we're all fuckin dead. i didnt want it to be this way, i wanted it to be a nuclear war, or an asteroid/rogue planet mega-owning earth

coronavirus could give the alley oop to nuclear war once a good portion of mankind has been culled

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

RichardA posted:

Welp. Multiple cases of doctors (GPs) in Australia refusing to see people with a history of overseas travel.

I'm pretty sure that's against the hipocratic oath.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

more like the hypoCRITIC oath, ayy lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

riseofmydick posted:

It’s different in Australia. They take the hypocrite oath.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

riseofmydick posted:

What do you think the hippocratic oath actually is?

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

Also this is actually very great.

Human beings are bad and are killing planet earth. We need less humans. Honestly if 50 million people died from coronavirus it wouldn't even put a dent in our global population. There are loving nearly 8 billion of us fuckers. We need more dead. More.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Beccara
Feb 3, 2005

RichardA posted:

Source?

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

Jabor posted:

What do you think the hippocratic oath actually is?

I swear by Apollo Physician, by Asclepius, by Hygieia, by Panacea, and by all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will carry out, according to my ability and judgment, this oath and this indenture.

To hold my teacher in this art equal to my own parents; to make him partner in my livelihood; when he is in need of money to share mine with him; to consider his family as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they want to learn it, without fee or indenture; to impart precept, oral instruction, and all other instruction to my own sons, the sons of my teacher, and to indentured pupils who have taken the physician’s oath, but to nobody else.

I will use treatment to help the sick according to my ability and judgment, but never with a view to injury and wrong-doing. Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.

Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or woman, bond or free. And whatsoever I shall see or hear in the course of my profession, as well as outside my profession in my intercourse with men, if it be what should not be published abroad, I will never divulge, holding such things to be holy secrets.

Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I break it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

riseofmydick posted:

Human beings are bad and are killing planet earth. We need less humans. Honestly if 50 million people died from coronavirus it wouldn't even put a dent in our global population. There are loving nearly 8 billion of us fuckers. We need more dead. More.

You first then the rest of us can consider your request.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I think it's time to stock up a couple weeks of drygoods and water just in case

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

riseofmydick posted:

This is the least painful way to take a big chunk out of carbon emissions right away

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poverty goat posted:

This is the least painful way to take a big chunk out of carbon emissions right away

Lol painful for who?

Certainly not the people with melting lungs or wherever.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Taking out 50-100 million people wouldn't make a dent in industrial emissions.

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

A nurse friend of mine works on the health advice hotline. Had multiple cases over the last couple of days in which he gave advice to the caller to see a GP only for the caller to reveal that they had attempted to do so and were refused. Had to send them to emergency.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

riseofmydick posted:

No one except soldiers can be compelled to put their lives at risk. In all other occupations accepting risk is purely voluntary. Police, for example, are under no obligation to protect you from harm and doctors are under no obligation to treat you if doing so would put their lives at risk.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

So I've got a business trip to LA next month. Wash hands, wear a mask, don't touch my face. Any other suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Dramicus posted:

No one except soldiers can be compelled to put their lives at risk. In all other occupations accepting risk is purely voluntary. Police, for example, are under no obligation to protect you from harm and doctors are under no obligation to treat you if doing so would put their lives at risk.

depending on the military even they aren't compelled

the US military gives pretty high leeway in how small units engage