Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I enjoyed Muscle Wizard a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Agronox posted:

Tsutsui is drawing Uruka like she got two years older over the last few chapters. She's out! :(

On the bright side, the issue of Fuminochi being a cheating minx was solved the way they always solve their problems. Talking. I love these girls.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Yep. "We all like him, so let's support each other and accept whatever choice he makes" is pretty much the best possible outcome.

(Still #TeamUruka.)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I thought Black Clover's power was to counter magic, and then like any wizard in an antimagic zone, it's a contest of strength.

This new one seems to be emulating ONE's style, but it doesn't have the same charm.

Anyway, here's the superior muscle wizard.

https://mangadex.org/title/29296/mahou-sonna-koto-yori-kinniku-da

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Act-Age is still real good y'all

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I've been meaning to read it, and I still haven't gotten around to it.

How does everyone feel about the new crop of manga in Jump? The only ones I feel are halfway decent are Zipman and Yozakura. Other than that, everything that's debuted within the past year has been passable to bad.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Serge Painsbourg posted:

I've been meaning to read it, and I still haven't gotten around to it.

How does everyone feel about the new crop of manga in Jump? The only ones I feel are halfway decent are Zipman and Yozakura. Other than that, everything that's debuted within the past year has been passable to bad.

I think Agravity Boys is quite good but they just namedropped the title of the manga so I fear for it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Out of everything, barring the whims of a jealous and capricious god, I have Zipman and Yozakura pegged as ascending past the two volume slaughter hell (if Yozakura hasn’t already done so).

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 27, 2020

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

I think Agravity Boys is quite good but they just namedropped the title of the manga so I fear for it.

I'm enjoying how incredibly stupid Agravity Boys is, but there's no way that they will survive very long.

Poop street. :)

I'm enjoying Zipman as well, but somehow it feels very messy. I keep feeling like I missed a page or 2 somewhere.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Mitama Security is good fun too.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Elfface posted:

Mitama Security is legitimately hilarious and I am always sad that it doesn't get any chatter. It's such a good gag manga.

The bit the new chapter where all 9 Body members all assemble in one spot for no reason and then later Mitama gets sent flying through the huge gap they left by not spreading out absolutely killed me.

This is also why I thought Mashle was fine. It's Black Clover meets One in concept but it is an over the top gag manga and I am always down for gags. "Two uniforms in one day...?" was my favorite bit.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Agravity Boys continue to be dumb fun and I think Jump needs a little more of that. Here's hoping it stays for a long time.

Also, I tried the second chapter of Undead Unluck and decided to drop it. The main characters are terrible, especially zombie man's constant sexual harassment. The foundation of their relationship is also pretty hosed up; zombie man doesn't really care about unlucky girl as a person but as his ticket to suicide, while the only reason unlucky girl is getting attached to zombie man because of Stockholm Syndrome and the fact he's the only one to ever touch her and not get killed by her power.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Mitama Security and and Agravity Boys aren't bad. Mitama reminds me of Samon-kun the Summoner, but that one was hilarious, whereas Mitama's merely just funny. It doesn't work as well for me for some reason.

The biggest disappointment for me is Samurai 8. I have a soft spot for Naruto even though it wasn't that great, and reading Samurai 8 reminds me Kishimoto is not a good writer. It doesn't have to be Space Naruto!

Serge Painsbourg fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 27, 2020

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Mitama Security is legitimately hilarious and I am always sad that it doesn't get any chatter. It's such a good gag manga.

The bit the new chapter where all 9 Body members all assemble in one spot for no reason and then later Mitama gets sent flying through the huge gap they left by not spreading out absolutely killed me.

This is also why I thought Mashle was fine. It's Black Clover meets One in concept but it is an over the top gag manga and I am always down for gags. "Two uniforms in one day...?" was my favorite bit.

"Now he's showing off his mad dribbling skills" was mine.
The art style immediately invites comparisons to One punch man, but tonally they're very different.
Mashle seems like fun :)

Meanwhile undead/ unlucky has the leas likeable leads since Noah's Notes. I'm pretty sure I'm dropping that this week.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I like Samurai 8 but that might be because I am fascinated by the massive amount of body horror it has.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Elfface posted:

For some reason the art reminded me of Zatch Bell, which I miss alot.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
SHY is getting impossibly serious

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There's another chapter of Ragna Crimson and good news in that it's being given an official english release in August so :toot:

Venuz Patrol posted:

SHY is getting impossibly serious

This arc just keeps going for gut punches. The last chapter led me to believe she put her daughter up for adoption to make herself happier and got immediately screwed over by drowning. The reality was far more tragic.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

There is a new Shounen jump manga, Guardian of the Witch. It seems pretty meh. Generic evil monsters and an evil church are so boring at this point.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
We Never Learn is really good and Uruka should win.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Agravity boys is stupid. And I keep reading it, because it's a good kind of stupid. Also a two parter!

We never learn Takemoto on her way to become best girl in addition to being the most deserving girl

Mashle No idea how long this will stay fun, but so far it's great. It's like what if Saitama gave a poo poo and everyone else was superpowered for a different reason

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 2, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Darth TNT posted:

We never learn Takemoto on her way to become best girl in addition to being the most deserving girl
Sigh. That imo is like picking Haru over Makoto in Persona 5. Haru's great but she's nowhere near Makoto.
Sensei should've won.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Mashle No idea how long this will stay fun, but so far it's great. It's like what if Saitama gave a poo poo and everyone else was superpowered for a different reason

The magic university reminded me of magi, and hiw it was actually a thing that Aladin actually needed to undergo PT to improve his skill.

Fpr Mashle, when I saw the labrynth I knew the outcome. It was still entertaining. I don't know how long the series will go though.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mulderman posted:

We Never Learn is really good and Uruka should win.

Agreed. Just loving have the nice athletic genki girl who likes the MC and is shown having a positive impact on him since far back be the one who loving wins this.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
B-b-but Uruka's GOING TO AUSTRALIA and she's gonna BE AN OLYMPIAN and you can't have a personal life while doing that! Professional athletes never have boyfriends! It's unheard of!

--people who REALLY want Fumino or Sensei to win (i.e., most of Reddit)

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mirage posted:

B-b-but Uruka's GOING TO AUSTRALIA and she's gonna BE AN OLYMPIAN and you can't have a personal life while doing that! Professional athletes never have boyfriends! It's unheard of!

--people who REALLY want Fumino or Sensei to win (i.e., most of Reddit)

She can still go to Australia and do all those things and they can just do the same thing that happened in Ultra Maniac with him waiting for her.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

The magic university reminded me of magi, and hiw it was actually a thing that Aladin actually needed to undergo PT to improve his skill.

Fpr Mashle, when I saw the labrynth I knew the outcome. It was still entertaining. I don't know how long the series will go though.

Yeah the maze was very predictable. I'm a little worried about the series, because a lot of the jokes have a potential to become stale or too predictable like the ma e or like him intimidating the letters on his paper.

On the other hand I love jokes like the floating rock, water walking by flapping his arms or the invisible chair.

Zipman

So Zipman is really megamanning it up now.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

doomrider7 posted:

Agreed. Just loving have the nice athletic genki girl who likes the MC and is shown having a positive impact on him since far back be the one who loving wins this.

Senpai is best girl and Senpai should win.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

Zipman

So Zipman is really megamanning it up now.
Yeah, Zipman rules!

As for Uruka, I like her a lot and she is wonderful to Yuiga but unfortunately she is the first girl to get her big confession and conflict arc so she doesn't have a chance in hell unless this manga goes way into subversion. IMO he's gonna turn her down by saying he loves her like a sister or something (at which point Mizuki will implode like a dying star) and then we'll move on to knock down Senpai and Sensei in order to leave the final choice between Rizu and Furuhashi as the big cliffhanger choice.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah, Zipman rules!

As for Uruka, I like her a lot and she is wonderful to Yuiga but unfortunately she is the first girl to get her big confession and conflict arc so she doesn't have a chance in hell unless this manga goes way into subversion. IMO he's gonna turn her down by saying he loves her like a sister or something (at which point Mizuki will implode like a dying star) and then we'll move on to knock down Senpai and Sensei in order to leave the final choice between Rizu and Furuhashi as the big cliffhanger choice.

People use the X confessed first thus she can't win argument a lot. But how often does that really happen? I know WNL loves it's tropes every now and then. But it this a thing that always happens in romcoms, or just something people latch on to because a few big titles have done it in the past?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mulderman posted:

People use the X confessed first thus she can't win argument a lot. But how often does that really happen? I know WNL loves it's tropes every now and then. But it this a thing that always happens in romcoms, or just something people latch on to because a few big titles have done it in the past?
Honestly? I've only read a small handful of romcoms so I'm basically just going off of Nisekoi which went through a few "ticking the boxes" arcs to eliminate girls before going on to the final two, which were the only two that had a chance to begin with. IMO Furuhashi has yet to really confess or deal with her feelings for Yuiga and Rizu hasn't formally confessed yet, plus Senpai hasn't even formally acknowledged that she likes him. There's too much left to be done for Uruka to win here. It COULD happen because who knows really, but I think the odds are way low. It would be surprising if he does like her since he doesn't know anyone else likes him so it would be interesting if they just let him go without a fight or confess anyway and things get dramatic.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006371

New Death Note One-Shot btw.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao I think the end end is kinda shoe horned in.

They should have let that kid get the win.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It would be surprising if he does like her since he doesn't know anyone else likes him so it would be interesting if they just let him go without a fight or confess anyway and things get dramatic.

There are a couple times in the past where Uruka's said something that could be taken as romantic, gotten flustered, and Nariyuki got flustered right along with her, which shows a bit more ... awareness, I guess? ... than he shows with the other girls.

He's fond of all of them, of course, and would move heaven and earth to help them, as is his nature. But he still treats Rizu as a bit of a cipher, Asumi as a teasing pest, and Sensei as a hopeless klutz. Fumino is a really good friend at this point and probably the only challenge to Uruka, but even that is uphill.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I liked it. Good plan.
I figured the kid would go free though, he might have had he allowed Ryuk to come back. Ryuk might have offered a deal like to the president.

Mirage posted:

There are a couple times in the past where Uruka's said something that could be taken as romantic, gotten flustered, and Nariyuki got flustered right along with her, which shows a bit more ... awareness, I guess? ... than he shows with the other girls.

He's fond of all of them, of course, and would move heaven and earth to help them, as is his nature. But he still treats Rizu as a bit of a cipher, Asumi as a teasing pest, and Sensei as a hopeless klutz. Fumino is a really good friend at this point and probably the only challenge to Uruka, but even that is uphill.

That's what I think is as well.
I would give Rizu a bit more of a chance though, ever since she had her make over she went from Nariyuki's pet with boobs to girl with boobs who tries to take care of him. Their relationship has become significantly less lopsided.
At this point I'd say ending up with Rizu is more likely than Fumino. (both still less likely than Uruka)

Yuiga still sees Fumino as his big sister and teacher of love, despite what Fumino's heart desires.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Quite a fun read. Remember, kids: don't get involved with weapons of mass destruction.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Cool.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked it a lot. Good old American Nate and a protagonist hoisted by his own petard.
At least Ryuk let him enjoy a month.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
That was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That kid is a hero.