Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Here's some official feeback: https://www.ksta.de/koeln/rassismus-debatte-koelner-konditorei-verkauft-schwarzes-gebaeck-mit-knochen-im-haar-36242224

"Bei Gregor Fromme, Inhaber der Konditorei Fromme, war der Schwall an Kritik am Freitagnachmittag noch nicht angekommen. Auf Anfrage des „Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger“ erklärt er, dass das umstrittene Gebäck in der Auslage „Lustige Karnevalsköpfe“ heißt, und mindestens seit den 60er Jahren Tradition sei. „Wir garnieren es zu Karneval so aus, wie in der Vergangenheit viele Karnevalskostüme gestaltet waren.“ Es gebe auch Clowns und asiatisch dekoriertes Backwerk. Die Lippen seien auf allen Köpfen die gleichen."

lol

"Die Konditorei, die seit 1893 besteht, sei laut Fromme in den 30er Jahren dafür bekannt gewesen, kein Führerbild aufgehängt und dadurch Ärger auf sich gezogen zu haben. Darauf sei man stolz. „Manche der Diskussionen und Argumente heute erschließen sich mir nicht, aber ich werde es mir angucken“, sagt Fromme."

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm the lustige Karnevalskopf with a bone in its hair in the back.

10,000 expected to demonstrate against Kemmerich (broadly speaking) in Erfurt today, unions are bringing in people from pretty much all across the country I think :toot:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ich habe gerade einen Rattenkönig Sozen mit Stand und Fahnen gesehen. Genau zwischen Sanitätshaus und Apotheke, wo sie sich vermutlich daran ergötzen, dass Hartz IV Empfängern nur ein paar Kompressionsstrümpfe (mit Zuzahlung) zusteht und einem erklären, dass Opernhäuser bauen wichtiger ist als Wohnraum für Obdachlose. (Oder, wie in Vorjahren, dass es die Tour de France für Düsseldorg wichtiger ist als bezahlbarer Wohnraum.)

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Hab bevor wir am SPD Stand vorbeikamen mit meiner Frau abgemacht, dass sie falls wir angesprochen werden auf mein „Wer hat uns verraten“ mit „Sozialdemokraten“ antwortet. Wir wurden nicht angesprochen :(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm the lustige Karnevalskopf with a bone in its hair in the back.

Good god, I didn't even see that one, my eyes rolled right the gently caress out of their sockets at a mere glance at the picture.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Are dackels/teckels still popular/common in Germany?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Dackels are the to Germany as pugs are to the USA

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

They're still the second or third most common breed iirc, but their popularity has been strongly declining for at least 20 years now.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
everyone in berlin has a Whippet these days

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

They are an integral part of German culture. This is basically all of Germany:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoR9qqBnfUg

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
im a stuck up Nordlicht and even I love Dackel

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
https://www.thueringer-allgemeine.de/regionen/erfurt/liveblog-tausende-zu-grossdemo-in-erfurt-erwartet-id228431013.html

there is a fuckin huge protest march against Kemmerich going on here in erfurt. like 10k people

I thought he was gone already but apparently he remains PM until a new one is elected lol

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Still, but less so. When I moved out from home I refused to buy and register my own household dackel which was probably against a shitton of laws and city ordinances and caused quite an uproar in the apartment building I moved into but nobody from the city or the landlord ever came after me for it so YOLO. I know a couple of other people, mostly millennials, who also refuse to get an official household dackel for their apartment. It's a dying thing, don't believe boomers saying otherwise

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/ER_MV/status/1228714554449956864

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I see you take dackels very seriously in Germany.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
All Day I Dream About Dackels

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/bopanc/status/1229023128921219077?s=20

Stoked for the surprise Norbert Blüm reveal

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

It's gonna be Sigmar Gabriel.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

He's no stranger to government. You know the rules, and so does he. A full commitment's what he's thinking of. You wouldn't get this from any other guy.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

putting serious money on RoboKohl

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

It's gonna be Sigmar Gabriel.

I'm betting the Schredder getting back again

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yanis Varoufakis pulls out his CDU membership card.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sereri posted:

He's no stranger to government. You know the rules, and so does he. A full commitment's what he's thinking of. You wouldn't get this from any other guy.

:discourse:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
It's Guttenberg.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Sereri posted:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/ER_MV/status/1229142525803466753

This sounds like a bud spencer + terence hill movie.

quote:

Polizist mit Bein am Kopf getroffen – Handschellen für 28-Jährigen

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mithaldu posted:

Apparently, this kind of poo poo sometimes just happens. I remember one of my stepdads telling this story from his youth about a buddy of his, who flipped the gently caress out when police arrived at the party he was at. That drunken rear end in a top hat managed to beat up four policemen before enough back-up arrived to finally subdue him.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Bomber Harris do it again

Preferably on the day that a national Neonazi event ist scheduled in Dresden

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

So the nazis went all tsun tsun on the cops. How cute.

But why a leg? No paper fans available?

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Is there any particular reason we allow private health insurance except: "I am now rich, so gently caress you!"?

Like, most of those go through GKV student Tarife, pay little until they have cash, and then when they are theoretically able to contribute, they don't. lmao?

I don't see any economic reason for that. Since income and health are correlated, it seems to put more pressure on the public insurance market in the sense of Akerlof.

Also, what bugs me in particular is that it's not just bonus Leistungen. It shifts the supply of doctors to rich regions, and it means that you will defacto have better medical services even for basic issues, because you don't have to wait for a Radiologentermin, say, so you get to diagnose your cancer early vs. late.

But if we allow differential treatment in basic medicine (aka differential health outcomes in a causal sense) due to income, then this is a big ethical question mark imo.
So for example, it's fine if A has a big house and B has a small house, but if A survives cancer and B does not, purely because A has PKV, then something is hosed.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Amthor-moechte-neue-Leitkultur-Debatte-article21581044.html

quote:

Statt "Multikulti"-Konzept
Amthor möchte neue Leitkultur-Debatte

https://twitter.com/antifalinkems/status/1229360616063873025

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 17, 2020

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Nein danke, Google

A tech company shilling nazi content? Probably never happened before.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Incredible that they are the exact same age.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Sereri posted:

Nein danke, Google

A tech company shilling nazi content? Probably never happened before.

Three Arrows just published a good video about these super weird far right propaganda videos that all say the West is already done for / white people are dying etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-QtoSfM38

Greader
Oct 11, 2012

Haramstufe Rot posted:

Is there any particular reason we allow private health insurance except: "I am now rich, so gently caress you!"?

Like, most of those go through GKV student Tarife, pay little until they have cash, and then when they are theoretically able to contribute, they don't. lmao?

I don't see any economic reason for that. Since income and health are correlated, it seems to put more pressure on the public insurance market in the sense of Akerlof.

Also, what bugs me in particular is that it's not just bonus Leistungen. It shifts the supply of doctors to rich regions, and it means that you will defacto have better medical services even for basic issues, because you don't have to wait for a Radiologentermin, say, so you get to diagnose your cancer early vs. late.

But if we allow differential treatment in basic medicine (aka differential health outcomes in a causal sense) due to income, then this is a big ethical question mark imo.
So for example, it's fine if A has a big house and B has a small house, but if A survives cancer and B does not, purely because A has PKV, then something is hosed.

It also serves a second purpose. When I was Arbeitssuchend for over a year, I didn't get Hartz IV since I was living with my parents and they earned too much(lol) for me to be eligible. What that meant for me was that I needed to sign up for a private health insurance (Or at least, pay the full amount for health insurance every month on my own) to have any at all, at which point I basically had to get a job before the private insurance drained my bank account. I was lucky I did not have many other Aussgaben as well as a few months of money saved up to finally find a new place to work. Maybe I was missing something in that scenario that would've helped, but it is crazy to me that I might've ended up without any health insurance at all.

Though I suppose it makes sense in a certain way, it definitly ends up being another way to pressure people into trying to get a job, whether they can find one or not. (But like I said, maybe I am missing something, I am not an expert on Hartz IV and related stuff)

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Here's your new avatar:

Assuming you were 18 already at the time, the right course of action would have been for your parents to "throw you out and hate you" so you need a Wohnung from the amt. Tadaa, free Lagerraum for your Scheißendreck, hartz-money and healthcare.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012

RabbitWizard posted:

Here's your new avatar:

Assuming you were 18 already at the time, the right course of action would have been for your parents to "throw you out and hate you" so you need a Wohnung from the amt. Tadaa, free Lagerraum for your Scheißendreck, hartz-money and healthcare.

drat, if I had known that I would've asked them to hate me, I am sure they could've found enough reasons for it :v:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

There are so many questions your post throws up, but i get a strong feeling you're like one of those people who consider it irresponsible to not buy your own apartment. Just entirely living in your own very special reality that is extremely unlike most people's reality.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Greader posted:

It also serves a second purpose. When I was Arbeitssuchend for over a year, I didn't get Hartz IV since I was living with my parents and they earned too much(lol) for me to be eligible. What that meant for me was that I needed to sign up for a private health insurance (Or at least, pay the full amount for health insurance every month on my own) to have any at all, at which point I basically had to get a job before the private insurance drained my bank account. I was lucky I did not have many other Aussgaben as well as a few months of money saved up to finally find a new place to work. Maybe I was missing something in that scenario that would've helped, but it is crazy to me that I might've ended up without any health insurance at all.

Though I suppose it makes sense in a certain way, it definitly ends up being another way to pressure people into trying to get a job, whether they can find one or not. (But like I said, maybe I am missing something, I am not an expert on Hartz IV and related stuff)

This is so strange. Back when I was in a similar situation, I got free healthcare because I was family. Does this work differently for rich people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Haramstufe Rot posted:

It's a money grab by wealthy people at the expense of everyone else, op. The only reason it still exists is that wealthy people hold a disproportionate amount of political power in this country and don't give a ahsit about anyone but themselves.

Same as the multi-gliederig school system. If you try to abolish it the overprivileged bougies are gonna storm the Bundestag and put some heads on spikes.