Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
They should just pick him up in biosuits. Also that news station that interviewed him. Their crew needs to be quarantined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

MorrisBae posted:

Frank, a former writer for "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," has also worked with and coached many celebrities, including Ellen DeGeneres, Kevin James, Carrot Top, Jeff Foxworthy, and Ken Jeong.

Ok there's no way I'm clicking Play on that video.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MorrisBae posted:

Oh god the comedian sounds loving insufferable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mugOzr6ItFk

His phone number is on his twitter profile.

https://twitter.com/theMHcomedian?s=09

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
And now he's arguing with people in the subtweets after pimping his own news coverage:

https://twitter.com/theMHcomedian/status/1229610312367853568

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
This guy is going to have a hard time finding work anywhere ever again. World War Z wasn't supposed to be prophetic.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Burt Sexual posted:

We leave in 25 days.

If your wife has the flu right now you aren't going anywhere

Wth

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Weird that your whole schtick is mental health or whatever and then you’re just gonna ignore literal health. Wtf lol

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Bape Culture posted:

Weird that your whole schtick is mental health or whatever and then you’re just gonna ignore literal health. Wtf lol

His schtick is being mildly amusing to suicidal people. He's going to need counselling of his own if he winds up in the coof clinic.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I'm getting douche-chills just looking at this dude

"well they never said I couldn't leave, they'd just stop me if they caught me trying" - gently caress you, rear end in a top hat

The worst of it is that he's 100% doing this for publicity reasons, and it's working.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gearhead posted:

Edit: TLDR, there was never a proper quarantine set up on the ship. Nobody who has actually dealt with infectious disease was in charge. When someone who actually had experience in dealing with H1N1 class diseases tried to get involved he was shot down three different ways and had to sneak on board just to find out what the Christ was going on.

Someone itt assured us that ship personnel were trained and equipped to deal with noro* and not to worry because they knew what they were doing, obviously, though.

e:

a huge dumbass, lol posted:

And the ship has medical facilities and the crew is trained on illness prevention and cleaning (for norovirus).

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 18, 2020

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

QuarkJets posted:

The worst of it is that he's 100% doing this for publicity reasons, and it's working.
"Working" in the sense of free publicity, yes. "Working" in the sense that venues will either book him or honor previous bookings, not so much..

BTW, that YouTube video has a full transcript in the comments. Nice work, Youtube commenter. (A sentence I shall probably never say again.)

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

unpacked robinhood posted:

Someone itt assured us that ship personnel were trained and equipped to deal with noro* and not to worry because they knew what they were doing, obviously, though.

It's not any one place that I got pushback when I said that this ship was going to be a plague pit.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Gearhead posted:

Remember how Shin Godzilla was a rebuke of Japanese disaster response and bureaucratic fuckery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtHYZkLuKcI

Edit: TLDR, there was never a proper quarantine set up on the ship. Nobody who has actually dealt with infectious disease was in charge. When someone who actually had experience in dealing with H1N1 class diseases tried to get involved he was shot down three different ways and had to sneak on board just to find out what the Christ was going on.

Some Youtuber's comment transcription of the good part (most of the rest is the equally depressing but less interesting dozens of layers of beaurocratic red tape he needed to navigate:

quote:

I looked into the several places inside the ship and the turned out that the cruise ship was completely inadequate in terms of the infection control there was no distinction between the Green Zone which is the free of infection and the Red Zone which is potentially contaminated by virus.

So the people could come and go wearing a PPE of PPE crews were just walking around and the officers of ministry the health and the labor was walking around, DMAT people are walking around, psychiatrists are walking around, and people were eating in one place, people were wearing PPE and off PPE and eating lunch with their gloves on and just dealing with the smart phone with full PPE so it was completely chaotic and some crews had a fever they went to the medical center while wearing and N95 masks but he didn't have any protection between his room and a medical room and the medical officer was not protecting herself and that she was very happy saying that well she was already infected I'm sure about that, so the she was completely giving up protecting herself anyways

I dealt with a lots of infections more than twenty years and I was in Africa dealing with the Ebola outbreak, I was in another country is dealing with the cholera outbreak I was in China in 2003 to deal with the SARS, and I saw many febrile patient there. I never had fear of getting infection myself, for Ebola, SARS, cholera because I know how to protect myself and how to protect others and how the infection control should be.

So I could do the adequate infection control protect myself and protect others. but inside Princess Diamond I was so scared, I was so scared of getting COVID-19 because there was no way to tell where the virus is. No green zone no red zone everywhere could have Virus and everybody was not careful about it. There was no single professional infection control person inside the ship and that there was nobody in charge of infection prevention as a professional.

The bureaucrats were in charge of everything and I spoke with the head officer of the Ministry of Health on labor and he was very unhappy with my suggestion of protecting DMAT people and other staffs so that no other secondary transmission to occur then after several hours of talking to people and finding problems I found a lot of issues there for example informed consent of getting a PCR from the people in the ship was on a paper and that paper was going back and forth back and forth with the room of the infection from the paper by touching there.

That last part about paper informed consent forms being passed around is absolutely how the infection will spread across our workplaces. Some dumbfuck new company policy will be printed then breathed on and touched as every single person in your workplace is required to physically sign the thing.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

"Working" in the sense of free publicity, yes. "Working" in the sense that venues will either book him or honor previous bookings, not so much..

BTW, that YouTube video has a full transcript in the comments. Nice work, Youtube commenter. (A sentence I shall probably never say again.)

this country is full of contrarian fuckwits, don't even tell me that he's not going to be able to get some lovely book deal out of this. He'll probably get a position on Fox News for having "owned those libtards in Oregon" or some poo poo

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wow that sounds like the kind of fearmongering the common man might fall for. Unlike me the knowledge person :smug:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
More like "infected consent", in my opinion.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Well at least the Japanese doctor has not infected by covid19 and and died from pneumonia, yet.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

stephenthinkpad posted:

Well at least the Japanese doctor has not infected by covid19 and and died from pneumonia, yet.

Nah that takes a few weeks.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Spinz posted:

If your wife has the flu right now you aren't going anywhere

Wth

why...

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yeah idgi

I’ve never had the flu last longer than like 3 or 4 days. And I’m loving old and smoke. I’m guessing this is related to her new keto poo poo idk. They didn’t break out the biosuits or anything.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So if you get corvid19 AND the regular flu then you are turbo hosed?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah idgi

I’ve never had the flu last longer than like 3 or 4 days. And I’m loving old and smoke. I’m guessing this is related to her new keto poo poo idk. They didn’t break out the biosuits or anything.

You never had the flu then. You had flu-like illnesses aka common colds or a bit worse.
The man flu is what they call it over here sometimes.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Somebody's been speculating that one of the reasons this has been SO BAD in China may be that they have Bat Soup Fever, Avian Flu and Swine Flu at the same time.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

And I’m loving old and smoke.

GBS > Poor Burt, thought of lizard tits and died.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hopper posted:

You never had the flu then. You had flu-like illnesses aka common colds or a bit worse.

I've had colds, and Ive had what the clinic could only narrow down to some kinda "viral infection", but this year is the first time ive had the flu as an adult. It is a shocking difference. I was seriously ill for over a week.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah idgi

Is the keto diet like brand new? People get "keto flu" which isn't a disease, just the body going into ketosis.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

angerbeet posted:

Is the keto diet like brand new? People get "keto flu" which isn't a disease, just the body going into ketosis.

Yeah she started a week or two ago

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
When I gave it a shot it was maybe 3 days in before keto flu started. Fever, crankiness, I think even a headache.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Mrs sexual just went to the doctor today. She has a flu. Not A or B so they couldn’t identify it I guess. Wtf

Y’all internet doctors missed this important part.

It ain’t from keto lol

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

MarcusSA posted:

It ain’t from keto lol

Look I'm just trying to get Burt on his sexy, sexy death cruise

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

Hopper posted:

This is a common misconception. My entire family got the flu and we were healthy within five days. We were confirmed via the nose swab since we have an infant. He was vaccinated, my husband and I weren’t.

In fact, most cases of the flu are asymptomatic:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/flu/.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MarcusSA posted:

It ain’t from keto lol

Tbf she couldn’t identify it as a particular strain. They only have A B tests onsite I bet. I haven’t asked wife if she explained the new diet. She’s sleeping now so who knows. We’ve got her quarantined now and kids are staying away. I brought her a Powerade

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s not from the diet.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sounds like she needs some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlSiASsUIs

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MarcusSA posted:

It’s not from the diet.

Idc really, just want her better. She said the doc said it may be some flu that starts with P. She couldn’t recall.

I said “pandemic “? Lol I’m terrible

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

Idc really, just want her better. She said the doc said it may be some flu that starts with P. She couldn’t recall.

Nice

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Pneumonia flu

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Burt Flusexual

Mods?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Building/using germ warfare seems kinda like setting fire to your neighbor's apartment.

On a strategic level it's totally idiotic because there's no sensible way to control anything that can reach enough people to matter. There are some really good tactical variants out there though. There's (supposedly) a modified strain of rabbit-pox targeted to humans that's aerosolized and you just cannon it over to the enemy lines. It only has a very limited lifespan but makes people who contract it poo poo themselves out for a week or two. Massive logistics strain. Again though it's ridiculously difficult to research and manufacture those compared to chemical weaponry, which is why the US dropped all overt research into the stuff in the late 60s.

e: Note though that this info all comes from ex-soviet scientists and none of it has ever been verified so it's basically just on their word. And who knows if russia kept any of it and/or continued research after the fall. I'd guess probably not on the latter at least. It's just incredibly inefficient.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 19, 2020