Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Momomo posted:

I didn't even notice it was a figure until you posted this, what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Momomo posted:

I didn't even notice it was a figure until you posted this, what the gently caress

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hey, it's me, goku

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://twitter.com/kaiokencam/status/1230478865811767296?s=21

TOKUSENTAI! TOKUSENTAI!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A new manga chapter’s out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dragon-ball-super-chapter-57/chapter/19900?action=read

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Wow even Chaozu did something!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Well, at least Krillin got a win vs space panda, you take what you can get.

Tien can't even manage basic trash talk now.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Did we not move past sexual predator Muten Roshi in the manga? What is this.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Man those sexual harassment jokes haven't aged well at a- owait...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pondering more idiotic crossovers now got me the idea for Bizarro Goku. Kogu? His powerups make his hair shorter and plainer.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I love that they all pose.

New chapter was great. :) I somehow didn't expect Goku to show up already.
Does that mean that Vegeta will actually get to save the day?
It'd be super funny if he shows up and Goku already c leaned up.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Darth TNT posted:

Does that mean that Vegeta will actually get to save the day?
It'd be super funny if he shows up and Goku already c leaned up.

Vegeta will have a dramatic, if contrived, moment of realization about what a dick he used to be just before he gets bodied/heroically sacrificed.

And then Goku will save the day.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Man the universe is just full of strong people nobody knew poo poo about. Imagine if any one of these mooks broke out of prison early, even the Ginyu Force would have been hosed.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I dunno, it feels like this is the first part of the story in a while that's expanded beyond Goku being the only one that can win fights.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least some kind of combo victory with him and all the new moves Vegeta has.

IIRC ultra instinct isn't the push button to win move it was in the anime.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Leaf posted:

Man the universe is just full of strong people nobody knew poo poo about. Imagine if any one of these mooks broke out of prison early, even the Ginyu Force would have been hosed.

Remember that all of these people are being powered-up by Moro, they aren't that big of a threat without that. Saganbo has been given even more power, hence why he can rival the likes of Gohan.

Moro and maybe 7-3 are the only ones that are actually dangerous there on their own. The main issue is that Moro is actually a pretty good boss that helps his lackeys get stronger and that's the biggest risk in Dragon Ball history: someone that doesn't stupidly kill his own and in fact properly coordinates with them for victory. A lesson to learn, Freeza.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
They are fighting dollar-store versions of the U6 and ToP fighters. Even the three girls turned out to be a knock-off Brianne.

Which means that U7 Jiren is probably hidden in Moro's back pocket.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I can't believe that loving android still isn't dead, he's just goijng to keep on bailing Team Moro out with his bullshit whatever the plot demands powers forever isn't he

Pretty good chapter though, it's a shame Toyotaro felt the need to go back to sex offender Roshi though because 'too horny to go UI' is a good gag in itself. And :rip: Tien, even Chiaozu is dunking on him now

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

multijoe posted:

I can't believe that loving android still isn't dead, he's just goijng to keep on bailing Team Moro out with his bullshit whatever the plot demands powers forever isn't he

Yeah 7-3 is a pretty strong narrative implement that gets the bad guys out of any problems. But I do like that the antagonists are presented as a team who work together meaningfully. Like Blaze Dragon said about Moro actually supporting his minions, it's novel to see in Dragon Ball, especially when it means the B team gets to have relevant fights

*e* I mean they work together until Moro eats everyone to take his power back in about two issues, but still

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Half of Dracula posted:

Yeah 7-3 is a pretty strong narrative implement that gets the bad guys out of any problems.

Hell, Moro basically says as much this issue.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
goddamnit post the shueisha link you inconsiderate gringos: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006247

The storyboarding for this chapter gets kinda weird after the Krillin fight, I guess they're rushing to get Goku/Moro Gang going.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They should've taken Chaotzu to the tournament of power, clearly.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pretty sure he would have just blown himself up instantly. Would have been cool for him to use telekinesis to score some ring outs but that would require anyone to remember he can do that.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

they couldn't have brought him because he would have used his superior mental abilities to trick Jiren out of the ring and then the rest of the arc would have no tension

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Chaotzu can't be giving Tien any poo poo about his ability to insult. Chaotzu needed 3 tries before he found something that stuck.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Vegeta will have a dramatic, if contrived, moment of realization about what a dick he used to be just before he gets bodied/heroically sacrificed.

And then Goku will save the day.

That's the most likely out come, but with Vegeta being last there it does open up for a change. :pray:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Goku is on the field awfully early for the final fight, which probably means the ending isn't just going to be 'Goku wins', but I'm still apprehensive that Toyotaro is going close out the first good arc of manga Super with its first good ending.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Good ending would be Goku Wins, tho.
Maybe, maybe Gohan Wins.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Buu isn't on the field yet and he put a big whoopin on Moro before he got repowered. I suspect he'll have a part to play in the finale. Maybe everyone has to give him their energy for a change.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
“Everyone quick! Let Buu absorb you!”

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Just a reminder that Toriyama is officially writing this now. As of this arc, he is the credited writer, as opposed to just the creator.

There's a reason the quality of the writing has seen such a dramatic upturn and it's not that Toyotaro suddenly got better over night.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Toyotaro actually had Vegeta decisively beat Goku Black which the anime didn't really let him do, so you probably don't need to worry about him not getting to do anything here regardless.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Nanigans posted:

Just a reminder that Toriyama is officially writing this now. As of this arc, he is the credited writer, as opposed to just the creator.

There's a reason the quality of the writing has seen such a dramatic upturn and it's not that Toyotaro suddenly got better over night.

Ah that must be why Roshi was so specific about groping

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

dr.acula posted:

Ah that must be why Roshi was so specific about groping

:sigh: Yep. No excuses for that.

I *did* like the gag that he was too horny to use ultra instinct, tho.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Justin_Brett posted:

Toyotaro actually had Vegeta decisively beat Goku Black which the anime didn't really let him do, so you probably don't need to worry about him not getting to do anything here regardless.

Toyotaro also had Kale be unconscious when Caulifla fused with her, which sucked rear end and ruined one of the best parts of the ToP

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Justin_Brett posted:

That sure as hell did not make up for draining all of Vegeta's character development and returning him to Cell-era but written way worse, or giving him the Red-Blue combo only for Goku to pull a better transformation a few minutes later.

Nanigans posted:

That explains so much. I guessed that was the case considering how this coincided with the anime and Broly being over and thus Toriyama being totally free, but confirmation is nice. Toyotaro isn't a great artist but he's definitely better as that than as a writer.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I might be a fool for doing this, but I’m waiting for the anime to experience this story arc. Of course there’s no guarantee there will be another anime or if that anime will follow this story, but still!!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Nanigans posted:

Toyotaro must be helping concept though, right? Surely Toriyama didn't remember those namekians Vegeta dusted, the grand supreme kai and yardrats all in one arc without some help.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TheHan posted:

Toyotaro must be helping concept though, right? Surely Toriyama didn't remember those namekians Vegeta dusted, the grand supreme kai and yardrats all in one arc without some help.

Much like how lovely Dragon Ball Evolution was made Toriyama interested in doing Dragon Ball again, Toyotaro and Toei’s lovely handling of his outlines made him go back and re-read his own work.

(I’m kidding. Yeah, Toyotaro is probably still getting input, but Toriyama is likely far more involved now that it’s a singular medium pushing the story forward.)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think Infinite Zamasu and the literal Deus Ex Machina was a Toriyama idea though considering the anime and manga both did it, even though the anime had a perfectly good conclusion in the previous episode

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Zamasu turning into Giygas might actually be the worst looking part of Super

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

TheHan posted:

“Everyone quick! Let Buu absorb you!”

I like this idea.