Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/howroute/status/1235370115618791425?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I feel like kilocorpses has a better ring

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Piss tape is still funny.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Piss tape is still funny.

And extremely real.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/status/1235473225389391872

Do NOT - and I can't stress this enough - touch your face.

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

bomb posted:

Flu B pretty much ignored my 9 month old twins, my wife and I were wrecked for 1.5 weeks at least.

Talk about a special hell, twins+wife being so sick she cant move.

oh no :(

you actually had to take care of your own kids? babysitting sux

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hyzenth1ay posted:

This is oddly hostile

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Hyzenth1ay posted:

Imagine how much its sucks If you're sick :(

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Dear Guest,

We’re looking forward to welcoming you aboard! Before you embark on your adventure, we have an important change to share with you. Please read through these updates carefully.

Over the last few weeks, we’ve been closely monitoring global developments related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are fully focused on protecting the health and safety of our guests and crew, along with the ports we visit.

While this situation remains quite fluid, we’ve decided to make a change to our travel regulation to comply with guidance from the U.S. Centers of Disease Control, World Health Organization, and other public health authorities around the world and we wanted to make sure you were informed.

Until further notice, all ships in the Royal Caribbean International fleet will adopt the following health screening protocols:

1. Regardless of nationality, boarding will be denied to:

Any person who has traveled from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy, Iran, or South Korea 15 days prior to embarkation.
Any person who has come in contact with anyone with 15-day prior travel to mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy, Iran, or South Korea. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.
Any person who within 15 days prior to embarkation, has had contact with, or helped care for, anyone suspected or diagnosed as having COVID-19, or who are currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to COVID-19.
2. Secondary, enhanced health screenings will be performed on:

Any person who reports feeling unwell or displays flu-like symptoms.
Any person who has traveled from, to, or through Japan or Thailand 15 days prior to embarkation.
Any person who is uncertain about contact with individuals who have traveled in the 15 days prior to embarkation from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, Italy, South Korea, Japan, or Thailand.
In some cases, guests presenting certain symptoms in the specialized health screenings may be denied boarding.
All guests who are denied boarding due to these restrictions will receive full refunds.

We regret to have to do this. However, these precautions will help avoid the spread of this virus and will protect all guests and crew. We take this very seriously and have a responsibility to maintain a safe and healthy environment onboard our ships, as well as in the ports we visit.

If you or someone in your stateroom does not comply with our updated travel regulation, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately, or contact us at 1-800-256-6649 or visit https://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Onboard our ships, we continue to take numerous proactive steps to maintain high health standards. This includes:
Thoroughly sanitizing the cruise ship terminal before and after every sailing,
Special sanitizing of high traffic areas onboard multiple times a day,
Adding extra medical staff on each sailing,
Providing complimentary consultations with medical experts for all guests & crew,
Plus, the Captain will make two daily announcements during your cruise reminding everyone of how to stay healthy onboard.
And, you can do your part too! Here are some important tips to help keep you healthy and prevent colds, flus, and stomach viruses – both onboard and on land.

After using the bathroom and before any meal or snack (it’s a cruise; we know there’s lots of that), make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
If you happen to sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue (or with your upper sleeve). Avoid sneezing or coughing into your hands or without covering your nose and mouth.
Use hand sanitizer as often as possible. Rub the gel thoroughly, and in-between your fingers, until your hands are dry.
And remember, if you don’t feel well while you’re onboard, it’s imperative that you immediately visit our medical facility for a complimentary checkup. Our onboard doctors and nurses are always ready to assist. Your safety and wellbeing are always our top priorities, but we also want you to have an amazing time. Stay clean, stay healthy, stay happy!

Lastly, should we have to make any changes to our newly implemented travel regulation, we will let you and your Travel Advisor know immediately. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Welcome to the Barge of the Dead, enjoy your stay

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Sounds like you have an easy out to get a full refund, if you're having second thoughts about your cruise.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jabor posted:

Sounds like you have an easy out to get a full refund, if you're having second thoughts about your cruise.

My wife had the flu last week...I swear officer

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Maybe is the other way around, maybe staying in the sea is the only way to avoid the plague.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
She’s calling today to see if we can canx.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Confirmed infection in dogs: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-pet-dog-confirmed-covid19-infection-quarantine-12502690

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

Hadlock posted:

Monitors are like $100 each these days you cheap bastard

That's cool and i am not spending a dime to do work lol

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yessss

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Burt Sexual posted:

Even if she can't, don't go. Seriously. Your well-being is worth eating the cost because those measures are in no way sufficient to stop the spread.

E: Just tell them you came in contact with someone from one of those countries. There's no way to disprove it.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Burt Sexual posted:

Get her to put on a comedy Italian accent

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Everyone going on about coronavirus and i'm here just looking to bring back Typhoid.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Rad-daddio posted:

Everyone going on about coronavirus and i'm here just looking to bring back Typhoid.

Okay, calm down Mary.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Burt Sexual posted:

You go by yourself then. We need someone on the inside.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Cruises becoming death barges is actually cool and good, I can't believe people still go in these. They are absolutely horrible for the environment so good riddance. With any luck they'll all go bankrupt.

Here in Berlin all basics are sold out in the supermarkets, at least the cheapest variety. Friends have seen people with armfuls of toilet paper, lmao.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Son of Rodney posted:

Here in Berlin
My condolences :(

Son of Rodney posted:

Friends have seen people with armfuls of toilet paper, lmao.

I seriously don't get that. What is it about toilet paper that makes people go insane and gently caress over the regular people who stock up on tp just in time?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

You think so? Do you? Moron. :colbert:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

There Bias Two posted:

Even if she can't, don't go. Seriously. Your well-being is worth eating the cost because those measures are in no way sufficient to stop the spread.

E: Just tell them you came in contact with someone from one of those countries. There's no way to disprove it.

It was an Italian wine tasting and everything and everyone was Italian! *cough*

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Antigravitas posted:

I seriously don't get that. What is it about toilet paper that makes people go insane and gently caress over the regular people who stock up on tp just in time?

Some people bought extra TP because it was a good idea. Other people started doing it too. It kept escalating from there - now people are just buying tons of TP because they see other people buying tons of TP. It's pure panic buying.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Antigravitas posted:

Why are you sorry? I'm not very worried about Corona virus yet, as is nobody with half a brain I'm talking to. Some colleagues at my job don't shake hands anymore but apart from that things are business as usual so far.

The toilet paper thing is really silly though yeah, a friend saw someone juggle 3 huge packages in the subway yesterday. Apartments aren't that big here so I also wonder where they store them haha.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Kerosene19 posted:

So has anyone figured out definitively what temps the virus dies at? Rather than trying to decon a bunch of paperwork that has been handled by dozens and dozens of employees with lysol or some poo poo, I'm thinking that putting bulk paperwork in a fancy easy bake oven or towel warmer to kill the bug it so my employees don't have to wear gloves while doing basic data entry. Does freezing work?

Coronaviruses in general handle cold better than hot. SARS-coronavirus, which is probably the closest example to it, can be removed by heating to 155F for 30 minutes. I don't think this is a good idea, since goon skills will probably result in you setting the paper on fire.

That said, the thought of applying sous vide to reports and sign off sheets is hilarious.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I bough a lot of toilet paper because I’m gunna wrap myself up like a mummy to scare old people

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Son of Rodney posted:

Why are you sorry?

Everyone is sorry for Berlin. :v:

(insert ach_berlin.txt here)

golden bubble posted:

That said, the thought of applying sous vide to reports and sign off sheets is hilarious.

Eh, people are already used to cooking the books.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
My folks booked us on a cruise for June a while back. Thankfully my mom did get travel insurance which is extremely unusual for her but this is a big expense for her. I feel really sorry for her.

I still think by June either things will be so bad it'll be cancelled or we will just not go, money be damned, the disease will be burned out or subdued, or tiny chance there will be a vaccine. 4 months, I dunno, seems to me most likely it's everywhere by then. Also :lol: at death barge.

Unrelated China is loving the virus conspiracies.

quote:

Conspiracy theorists blame U.S. for coronavirus. China is happy to encourage them.

BEIJING — The United States is concealing the true scale of its coronavirus deaths. The United States should learn from China about how to respond to an epidemic. The United States was the origin of the coronavirus — and the global crisis was never China's fault.

Welcome to the Chinese Internet this week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e06d_story.html

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Netherlands doubled from 38 cases yesterday to 85 today, four of which are in the small suburb I live in, and in the past three weeks we've been all over town doing errands. Thankfully we are all healthy and under 55 in this house, so I'm not too worried. No one else seems worried either, grocery stores are stocked fine. The government here hasn't laid down any restrictions and there haven't been any deaths yet.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
We need a go fund me for Burt so he can hire a nanny while he’s on the death barge and for provisions.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sten Freak posted:

My folks booked us on a cruise for June a while back. Thankfully my mom did get travel insurance which is extremely unusual for her but this is a big expense for her. I feel really sorry for her.

I still think by June either things will be so bad it'll be cancelled or we will just not go, money be damned, the disease will be burned out or subdued, or tiny chance there will be a vaccine. 4 months, I dunno, seems to me most likely it's everywhere by then. Also :lol: at death barge.

Unrelated China is loving the virus conspiracies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e06d_story.html

There will not be a vaccine by June. Even if there were, I wouldn't recommend it. The testing wouldn't be sufficient if it were released that quickly.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Rushed anti viral vaccines tend to kill people two. A bad SARS vaccine killed a couple kids

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Hey, no fear mongering in this thread,

*checks thread title*

:shuckyes:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost