Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Dr Christmas posted:

YOUR PRESIDENT SAID VERY FINE PEOPLE ATTENDED A NAZI RALLY

Who were the very fine people?! The ones chanting “Jews will not replace us,” or the ones talking about how great Dylan Roof was?

Careful, don't make Scott Adams come in here and gaslight you about how Trump totally didn't say that and you've fallen for the liberal media hoax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

My Face When posted:

My money is on Steve Kornacki. It will just be him playing with the touchscreens and talking numbers.

It would be a subdued mad money, but polls.

Touching Screens with Steve Kornacki would be an acceptable replacement, yes. They’ve also been grooming Kornacki to be a masthead level host talent for years so he’s kind of overdue for a show now.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

whenever i argue with the IQ crowd, they always say that the Left needs to acknowledge that black people have low IQs because otherwise we won't be able to effectively combat white supremacists who push the theory that black people have low IQs

how is that supposed to work exactly?

nine-gear crow posted:

Touching Screens with Steve Kornacki would be an acceptable replacement, yes. They’ve also been grooming Kornacki to be a masthead level host talent for years so he’s kind of overdue for a show now.

kornacki is good people. he took over chris hayes show back in the day when it moved away from saturday mornings, but seems to have gotten shelved. dude definitely deserves another shot

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

FlamingLiberal posted:

I have a better idea- just shut down MSNBC

Not an emptyquote.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Mr Interweb posted:

whenever i argue with the IQ crowd, they always say that the Left needs to acknowledge that black people have low IQs because otherwise we won't be able to effectively combat white supremacists who push the theory that black people have low IQs

how is that supposed to work exactly?

that's just garden variety white power talk, idk what to tell you. "accept my premise as true or maybe you won't accept my premise as true!!!"
e: the whole paradigm of IQ is super racist

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"An objective way to measure intelligence" really is one of the most "sounds smart, but really isn't" concepts possible. The irony is thick enough to make a cake.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

So black people score lower than white people on a test designed by white people? Shocking!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

that's just garden variety white power talk, idk what to tell you. "accept my premise as true or maybe you won't accept my premise as true!!!"
e: the whole paradigm of IQ is super racist

oh definitely. i just meant that, even playing along with their dumbass premise, i'm still not sure how it's supposed to work

neo-nazi: black people obviously have low IQs!
enlightened leftist: the science most assuredly does confirm what you say, so you are Indeed correct, sir. HOWEVER...

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

The only time I really paid attention to Peterson was when this whole shitstorm was still brewing. He went on to claim that everyone was taking him out of context and treating him incredibly unfairly. He published an entire article on his own site pointing to everyone taking him out of context and how unfair they were treating him.

At no point did he ever clarify what he actually meant.

iirc, he linked to one of his idiot fans on the JP subreddit, who tried to explain what he actually meant :lol:

the lipstick incident was great too. when the original edited video was posted, the lobsters were livid that their beloved daddy was taken out of context and demanded that Vice release the full, unedited footage. when it was released, it turned out his "explanation" was even worse than the original edited clip :lol:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Mr Interweb posted:

iirc, he linked to one of his idiot fans on the JP subreddit, who tried to explain what he actually meant :lol:

the lipstick incident was great too. when the original edited video was posted, the lobsters were livid that their beloved daddy was taken out of context and demanded that Vice release the full, unedited footage. when it was released, it turned out his "explanation" was even worse than the original edited clip :lol:

Nothing will ever beat the interview that went something like "The government should have absolutely no control over who a business chooses to do business with. Every time they do stuff like that it's a total disaster. No law on the matter, past or present, was ever good." "What about desegregation and the Civil Rights Act?" "Okay I guess that was fine."

It's so painful that anyone looks up to that utter dumbass.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

That Old Tree posted:

Nothing will ever beat the interview that went something like "The government should have absolutely no control over who a business chooses to do business with. Every time they do stuff like that it's a total disaster. No law on the matter, past or present, was ever good." "What about desegregation and the Civil Rights Act?" "Okay I guess that was fine."

Like when Rachel Maddow was interviewing Rand Paul, and she kept trying to get him to answer, "Would you or would you not vote 'yes' on the Civil Rights Amendment?" and he refused to say no, but also refused to say yes, and she refused to move on without an answer.

The interview ended on a mandatory commercial break :allears:

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

That Old Tree posted:

That was Jim Jefferies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZY3QBiwh8o&t=237s

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

That Old Tree posted:

oh god yes. definitely without a doubt, my favorite jp moment

christopher hitchens sucks, but he had a great line about this situation, where jp is a man who was just familiarized with his position for the first time

(i'm mangling the hell out of that quote, i know)

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Mr Interweb posted:

oh god yes. definitely without a doubt, my favorite jp moment

christopher hitchens sucks, but he had a great line about this situation, where jp is a man who was just familiarized with his position for the first time

(i'm mangling the hell out of that quote, i know)

You’re probably referring to when he told Sean Hannity: “You give me the awful impression—I hate to have to say it—of someone who hasn’t read any of the arguments against your position ever.“

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Tacier posted:

You’re probably referring to when he told Sean Hannity: “You give me the awful impression—I hate to have to say it—of someone who hasn’t read any of the arguments against your position ever.“

yeah that might have been it

and the fact that he said it to hannity makes it all the better

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

FlamingLiberal posted:

I have a better idea- just shut down MSNBC

this. We already have a place where we can tune in to have right wing elites talk down to us.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

He pulls that poo poo a lot on his radio show, he talks about how he'll go down to places where he knows a bunch of liberals/leftists are and he'll talk to them and be nice to them and they'll all go "Wow you're such a great person I thought you were horrible but you're actually so nice and friendly." And it's like, yeah, that's why he's an incredible piece of poo poo, because he'll play nice in real life face to face, all the while believing that millions of people deserve to die just because they're poor or aren't straight cis Christian* like he is.

My fave Glenn Beck moment was the time he had a camera in his hospital room after hemorrhoid surgery and went on air while still hosed up on anesthetic and temporarily experienced empathy. He talked about how nice the nurses were to him, then started crying saying he was going to turn over a new leaf from now on and concentrate on being kind and gentle and caring about other people, because that's what America has lost, real caring and kindness. His doctor repaired two assholes with one surgery. He was pretty embarrassed when the propofol wore off.

Here's a feel-good story: After leaving against medical advice Beck has to haul his aching rear end back to the hospital, and because he's flagged as a problem patient he has to go to the ER and wait through triage like a regular person, which is of course a grotesque and unimaginable torture (but only when it happens to him).

dig the part where if he'd had a gun he'd have shot an ER nurse for not helping him get up from a couch. The end of the article is :discourse:

Syd Midnight fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 4, 2020

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This rear end in a top hat knows what he's doing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I have no idea who that guy is :confused:

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Jagged Jim posted:

Not an emptyquote.

I watched MSNBC on Super Tuesday. It’s probably the first time I’ve watched it since maybe 2010 or so...and just lmao at how deep in the bag they are for Biden. It’s straight up propaganda. Bonkers. And I’m saying this as someone who is not a woke leftist Bernie Bro.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

That guy seems dumb as hell but also he has less than a hundred followers so who cares

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

mind the walrus posted:

Who is this rando?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

paternity suitor posted:

I watched MSNBC on Super Tuesday. It’s probably the first time I’ve watched it since maybe 2010 or so...and just lmao at how deep in the bag they are for Biden. It’s straight up propaganda. Bonkers. And I’m saying this as someone who is not a woke leftist Bernie Bro.
Trump jokes about them being ‘MSDNC’ but that’s not far from the truth

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/evopsychgoogle/status/1235926560613347330

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
im late night posting but why does old Jordy hate lobsters(is it because he knows sharing 99.9999% of DNA with pedos makes him mad)?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

PhazonLink posted:

im late night posting but why does old Jordy hate lobsters(is it because he knows sharing 99.9999% of DNA with pedos makes him mad)?

JorP doesn't hate lobsters, his followers hate being reminded of the whack-a-doodle poo poo he said about how lobsters prove humans are hierarchical and some people will just by their nature be lower than others. If you really want you can find the mental diarrhea he barfed up onto the world about it but I suggest not. It makes even less sense than what I just said about it.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

yeah, lobsters are the basis for how how jorp justifies his entire :biotruths: worldview. to be more specific, he argued that lobsters secrete serotonin, and humans secrete serotonin, and lobsters have been around for over 100 million years and have a hierarchy, therefore hierarchies are natural and righteous

that probably doesn't help explain much, but yeah...

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
*in a benzo'd out kermit the frog voice* OF COURSE THE DRAGON OF CHAOS IS FEMININE IN NATURE

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
*lobsteresquely* I HAD A DREAM ABOUT STROKING MY GRANDMOTHER'S SURPRISINGLY SOFT PUBIC HAIR

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, it's not as wiry as it looks.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1236432293906075651?s=21

:laffo:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This is on top of multiple people testing positive that went to the AIPAC conference, where like 2/3 of Congress was during that weekend

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh man if Corona wipes out some of those old fucks like McConnell... :shlick: :shlick: :shlick:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

FilthyImp posted:

Oh man if Corona wipes out some of those old fucks like McConnell... :shlick: :shlick: :shlick:

We could be so lucky. They're probably pumping themselves full of antiviral agents now that that fact Is out. If all else fails they can just replace thier blood with a teenager's or something.

Why cant there be a disease that only kills the wealthy?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm not really optimistic that it will wipe out all the old fucks in the GOP. They have money, and the US healthcare system is loving top notch if you can afford it.

Now the geriatric fucksticks that make up the GOP voting base? That's a case for optimism.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Hihohe posted:

We could be so lucky. They're probably pumping themselves full of antiviral agents now that that fact Is out. If all else fails they can just replace thier blood with a teenager's or something.

Why cant there be a disease that only kills the wealthy?
It’s very lethal for older people and I don’t believe there is a successful treatment other than hospitalization for those that have it bad

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s very lethal for older people and I don’t believe there is a successful treatment other than hospitalization for those that have it bad

From what I understand there is very few things they can do at the point where your lungs start filling up with liquid, and if gets bad enough there will literally not be enough equipment to go around, so waving money around wont help.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Telsa Cola posted:

From what I understand there is very few things they can do at the point where your lungs start filling up with liquid, and if gets bad enough there will literally not be enough equipment to go around, so waving money around wont help.
Yeah pneumonia is lethal to healthy people, I’ve known people who have died young from it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

For anybody who hasn't really looked at the recent details on coronavirus from the World Health Organization, you really should:
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

quote:

Illness due to COVID-19 infection is generally mild, especially for children and young adults. However, it can cause serious illness: about 1 in every 5 people who catch it need hospital care. It is therefore quite normal for people to worry about how the COVID-19 outbreak will affect them and their loved ones.

ONE IN FIVE!

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1236497588381245440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://i.redd.it/oq566sqnock41.png