Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
We Never Learn is The Bachelor for weebs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Crain posted:

We Never Learn is this year's Super Tuesday for weebs.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Why won't Rizu drop out and support Fumino

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I really can't imagine anyone actually getting mad at WNL, it's the lightest pandering-est thing. It doesn't take itself too seriously and neither should anyone reading it!

chumbler posted:

I'm glad there will be timelines for everyone, but I still demand justice for Sekijou.

Well okay I agree with you there though.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Tsutsui to haters:

https://twitter.com/Taishi_Tsutsui/status/1236126213250281473?s=20

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
do not ragetweet at the mangaka please

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Don't tons of people just make fan doujins anyways for any haram manga for their favorite ship, sell them to other fans for money?

I feel like this guy realizes every "ship" ending engages some amount of the fanbase so give everyone a couple of chapters of a happy ending and let the audience pick their favorite and then more people buy his stuff rather then a crayon drawing of a sketch where sensei is the winner.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The ending to this week's Zipman was trying to be touching but its breakneck pacing makes it fall flat. It hasn't done anything to make me care about the support crew at all. It sucks that Zipman really does feel like it got cancelled early, when Undead Unluck is still trucking along.

On the other end, I kind of expected that the reveal in this week's Agravity Boys will be that the new guy is into Chris no matter what, instead we got :tutbutt:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

baba booty

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

amigolupus posted:

The ending to this week's Zipman was trying to be touching but its breakneck pacing makes it fall flat. It hasn't done anything to make me care about the support crew at all. It sucks that Zipman really does feel like it got cancelled early, when Undead Unluck is still trucking along.

It's a bummer because I was really enjoying it up until it started going into boss rush mode with no downtime in between. Then the brother got kidnapped so we lost the dynamic of them both working together in the suit and the fights became even less interesting.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

A full, beautiful Baba.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I really hope mashle starts up a real arc soon, I feel like everything’s been set up or established enough for it now

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rhonne posted:

It's a bummer because I was really enjoying it up until it started going into boss rush mode with no downtime in between. Then the brother got kidnapped so we lost the dynamic of them both working together in the suit and the fights became even less interesting.

Right? Like I thought he'd get his brother back after beating not-Star Platinum, instead we got a pretty rushed timeskip and apparently the MC became somewhat edgy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was prob cancelled so you can't hold it entirely against the author

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

it was prob cancelled so you can't hold it entirely against the author

The last Saiyjuki however handled it's ending a lot more gracefully.

Professorjuggalo posted:

I really hope mashle starts up a real arc soon, I feel like everything’s been set up or established enough for it now
Ditto and it seems like something is coming with that angry guy in the hallway at the end. This was funny though. Mash breaking the laws of physics in increasingly bizarre ways gets a chuckle out of me.

Hypocrisy posted:

A full, beautiful Baba.

Agravity boys is so stupid. :) 3 dangly bits and 6 rolly balls made me laugh.
Although I hope they start focussing on a different joke next. I don't mind the Chris is a girl joke, but at this point it's wearing very thin.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think last saiyuki's ending was particularly better than zipman's tbh

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't think last saiyuki's ending was particularly better than zipman's tbh

Well we haven't seen Zipmann's ending yet, but so far at least I feel the Last Saiyuki was at more coherent. While it was still rushed, the story works well enough as is.
Meanwhile, I have no idea what's happening or why it's happening in Zipman.
Like the current emotional beat they went for in Zipman would've worked in Saiyuki.
It doesn't help that Zipman is still trying to cram in new people and stuff despite obviously not being long for this world.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The Last Saiyuki at least did the usual "and so their adventures continued" thing. The sudden time skip in Zipman is super jarring, as is how long it seems to be going for. If you have notice of the axe, why have the MC spend two chapters fighting this guy?

In other news I am so happy about this WNL twist. On one hand sure, narrative integrity and complete storytelling and all that. But on the other hand, I get to see Fumino win in an alternate universe and thanks to Tsutsui's cowardice I didn't have to suffer through seeing her confess and get rejected before the "Canon" Uruka ending. I can absolutely live with that.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Now I just want to see how the other WNL characters react to the Sensei ending.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Speaking of Shonen's on the chopping block, Im pretty sure Samurai 8 is on its way out based on suddenly jumping toward what looks like end game stuff.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
soukyuu no ariadne is taking a trip to not-quite-claymore territory, with bodyshifting dudes with bladed tentacles and a dragon war.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Vise the Stompy posted:

Speaking of Shonen's on the chopping block, Im pretty sure Samurai 8 is on its way out based on suddenly jumping toward what looks like end game stuff.

I dont think theyll axe Kishimoto that fast.
Dude was a golden goose for a decade and a half and got the magazine jumping (hah) off the shelves.
I think he earned this in their eyes.

Besides its just getting good now.

In other Money Maker Mangaka news: Eden's zero:
The chapter isnt in english yet but
yeah no points for guessing a reset.
But its definitely a revisit of an old villain trope:
"So this person is possibly immensely powerful, has abilities that rewrite reality, and you want them on your side, so you killed all their friends and did what most people would swear blood oaths over you."
"yeah"
"Congrats ya played yourself."

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 9, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I dont think theyll axe Kishimoto that fast.
Dude was a golden goose for a decade and a half and got the magazine jumping (hah) off the shelves.
I think he earned this in their eyes.

Besides its just getting good now.

"So this person is possibly immensely powerful, has abilities that rewrite reality, and you want them on your side, so you killed all their friends and did what most people would swear blood oaths over you."
"yeah"

Well the plan was for them never to explain the abilities and then steal them when they first showed up. She just happened to be in the only place they were not watching her when they first showed up. Still being able to go back in time does not mean they can suddenly win, the fight they just lost.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

soukyuu no ariadne is taking a trip to not-quite-claymore territory, with bodyshifting dudes with bladed tentacles and a dragon war.

It’s great. I love that artists mister designs so the more we get the better the manga becomes. His psycho rabbit person designs from the last story were top tier.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Ariadne is still very entertaining to read, though I hope we go to the more happy go lucky adventuring again soon.

Also fantastic that they picked Lacile thinking he looked smart

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"yeah"

Wait. I thought EZ was simulpub on CR and Comixology?

I would be mad about Time Shenanigins but, gonna have to be honest Hiro gave us ample warning about time going wibblely-wobbly

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ethiser posted:

It’s great. I love that artists mister designs so the more we get the better the manga becomes. His psycho rabbit person designs from the last story were top tier.

The final enemy will be the most frightening monster of all:

the MC from Angel Densetsu

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ConanThe3rd posted:

Wait. I thought EZ was simulpub on CR and Comixology?

I would be mad about Time Shenanigins but, gonna have to be honest Hiro gave us ample warning about time going wibblely-wobbly

We got tons of tons of foreshadowing about it. Heck it was nearly outright stated that Rebecca had done it before.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Edens Zero

Time travel achieved. Still, it's pretty dark where he went. Now she has to try and change the future.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
But the future refused to change.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It plays out exactly the same until she awakens fully and becomes a full-time catgirl.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I get the feeling it's not gonna be easy for the protags either way. Mashima's running closer to Rave rules than FT rules.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I think, regardless, Rebecca is going to be a nervous wreck by the time everything's said and done.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
A full Groundhog Day situation where several time loops are just weird breakdowns until finally getting it right?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really doubt this will become re:zero

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Seven deadly sins is still going on and I dunno why

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wrong chapter that was last weeks Edens

https://readedenszero.com/reader/read/edens-zero/en/10/85/page/1

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

I think I read that there are 2 chapters left? :dunno: Chapters was okay though.

I'm oddly hyped for this.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm glad that Eden's Zero is getting straight into trying to change the future, instead of dragging it out and having a chapter where Rebecca thinks it was just a dream until it happens again or having no-one believe her so she has to convince them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

maybe the author wanted to finish it but was told to keep going?

either way the constant ending fakeouts were insane