Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

nullscan posted:

At Osan they are doing checkpoints at the gates, asking if we've been to China, Daegu, or any of the other bases on Pen. I guess everyone else has had a case so far.

My squadron is going to a 4 day work week to minimize close contact between us, with people alternating days off. Then 30 minutes after getting that notice we're doing a CC call in a small briefing room with the whole squadron today at 1500 before we're released for the weekend. Great.

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
My (federal) employer cleared me to back to work. I had sent them the itinerary, forwarded everything I got from the school and the state public health dept on South Korea. They said come back to work. So Friday, I worked 8 hours interacting with the general public.

En route this morning, they said guidance changed and I wasn’t allowed back yet. Sent me my computer and said work from home.

Gubment.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
wooooo monday night in 2020 :yotj:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL998ajnjN4

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
5 nights inpatient mental health did a fair deal of good. Back on meds again. Mom's out to babysit me for a few more days, make sure I establish a routine for meds, she's been watching Frank and Beans. This past week has convinced me that I should start to look at individual unemployability through the VA. The anxiety overrides everything when I work, turns to anger, and I wind up pissing people off that ends in firing my idiot rear end or me just walking off with my middle fingers up.

Sorry if I was being a horses' rear end the past few months, it's just, difficult, sometimes, to see past the anger and confusion.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I have nothing insightful to offer, but welcome back. I'm glad it helped.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

5 nights inpatient mental health did a fair deal of good. Back on meds again. Mom's out to babysit me for a few more days, make sure I establish a routine for meds, she's been watching Frank and Beans. This past week has convinced me that I should start to look at individual unemployability through the VA. The anxiety overrides everything when I work, turns to anger, and I wind up pissing people off that ends in firing my idiot rear end or me just walking off with my middle fingers up.

Sorry if I was being a horses' rear end the past few months, it's just, difficult, sometimes, to see past the anger and confusion.

I’m glad to hear you’re taking care of yourself. Good luck to you.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hey, glad you got a good reset.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thanks guys. Surprisingly, the facilities were good. Food was typical government garbage, though.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hey man, we all have our struggles. I'm really sorry for what you're going through, but I'm glad you got the help you needed.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Godholio posted:

I have nothing insightful to offer, but welcome back. I'm glad it helped.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If you do go for P&T, don’t forget to also file for social security disability. PM me if you have any questions about the process. Good to see you back with us

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't know that I'd qualify for T&P but I'm already at 70% for depression/anxiety, so individual unemployability is the quickest step to financial assistance. If I wind up with it, it's likely to be a temporary thing. I've had the 70% rating for 6 years now, review in '16 saw no change. Frankly, it's a concern, but I'm trying to keep it off the front burner for now.

I'll likely ping you if after I talk to a social worker thursday anyhow. I appreciate any help.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Daaaaaay drunk, smoking weed, allllllll daaaaayyy looooooong! It’s Spring Break, I have no obligations or expectations of me other than maintaining a pulse and not picking up a DUI.

Some people go on vacation for spring break but my money for all that recently put in new floors throughout the house, so woo hoo!

I loving love and loathe home ownership. If you have a high disability rating see if you qualify for property tax relief. It can make a loving HUGE difference in monthly outlay re: home ownership.

I think I saw one of our long time regulars, vas, recently got 100% P&T and is eligible for significant property tax relief.

I’m rated 100% but my county requires 100% P&T + Amputee or POW before property tax relief kicks in (even then? It’s no taxes on first $150,000 of home value. I live in MAGA country).

The poo poo varies by location but definitely look into it. Your locale may not even require the high disability rating, or it may be specific only to an incredibly small and vanishing slice of WW2/Korea/Vietnam vets like my city/county/state.

Also if your looking for a fun cocktail- 5 parts Vodka, 3 Parts Coffee liqueur, 1-2 parts baileys (or cream or Half & Half). Served over ice.

With the baileys it’s a Caucasian and will get you hosed up from the floor up.

With cream or Half & Half it’s a White Russian. And will also get you drunk but is slightly less boozey than a Caucasian.

I think that last sentence stands on its own merits with and without context.

I don’t drink often, but slamming down a Caucasian has me hammered. It gets my thumbs up. I’m usually an Old Fashioned or Manhattan kinda guy but these creamy drinks are loving fun if I may say so myself.

~*~*~lylas!!!~*~*~

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamit ignore me that post was typed before I realized serious chat was happening, I was hundreds of posts behind on the drunk thread because I never get drunk, so my bad.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't pay VA property tax, at all, if I'm 100% P&T. Which is good, because the place I'm buying a house at will likely have 15-17k a year in property tax.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Fuuuuck. I may need to look into that someday. Well into the future, when I build my mountain cabin.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Goddamit ignore me that post was typed before I realized serious chat was happening, I was hundreds of posts behind on the drunk thread because I never get drunk, so my bad.

Party on, Wayne.

I just blaaaaaghed into the first low activity thread because bookmarks. Still smoking, only enough to sleep and keep the dreams at bay. Small amounts of shake to get me out of anger.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

didn't you cold turkey weed? My anxiety kicked my rear end when I tried that.

I'm trying to taper off a little bit these days, but people on /r/leaves report they got anxiety/depression a lot when stopping.

I hope things get better. Brain problems suck dude.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I went cold while inpatient. I "forgot" half a joint in my cigarette when I checked in, it was still there when I came out. Either they can't smell weed or they didn't care, but my pack reeked of it. Glad they left it.

Usually night 5 or 6 without weed and I start remembering dreams again. Until then, it's like a light switch, off/on for consciousness.

I've been winding down from my peak of over an ounce a week of flower back in November or so. Down to an ounce of shake of a month and a gram or three of hash. Way down from peak.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 10, 2020

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
That sounds like poo poo sucked. Sorry dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPuTlCYiSo

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

random mil question since i've been out and have forgotten and also lmao gently caress you if you're still in especially in 2020

does the military have paternity leave? when we got back from afghanistan our unit had a baby boom and i remember getting my rear end chewed regularly for sending my dudes home early to hang out with their new babies (as opposed to standing around and waiting for the 1sgt to get his dick out of his hand) because i don't think paternity leave is a thing.

am i remembering that correctly?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Woofer posted:

random mil question since i've been out and have forgotten and also lmao gently caress you if you're still in especially in 2020

does the military have paternity leave? when we got back from afghanistan our unit had a baby boom and i remember getting my rear end chewed regularly for sending my dudes home early to hang out with their new babies (as opposed to standing around and waiting for the 1sgt to get his dick out of his hand) because i don't think paternity leave is a thing.

Yes. Females get like 12 weeks. Males not as much

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Woofer posted:

It wasn't a thing, but is a thing.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Woofer posted:

The "primary" parent providing childcare gets up to I think 45 days in the USAF now. In mil-to-mil marriages, only one parent can be designated the primary (and that's the decision of the parents), but mil-civ can just designate the mil member as primary.

The 45 days is separate from any post-pregnancy convalescent leave, and it can be taken at any time within a year of birth or adoption. Only restriction is that it needs to be taken in one single block of leave.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

You can gently caress right off with this dumb poo poo

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I apparently can't report my own posts on the mobile app, so I'll happily eat a sixer for empty-reporting because I'm too dumb to enter a reason on the same drat mobile app, but it was gonna be "gently caress this dumb racist meme", namaste

Sorry, McNalls

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
well, she is recently divorced...

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1237918184293969920

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Woofer posted:

Article: https://www.army.mil/article/216774/army_offers_more_flexibility_with_new_parental_leave_policy

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
Who's the best GIPPER to ask about military aircraft repairs?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's me and no, you don't need those fancy torque wrenches, just get one from harbor freight and call it good!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

super mario batali posted:

I'm really curious why.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

aircraft are pretty similar to boats, what do you need?

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
Im trying to figure out based on an airworthiness document whether a commercial plane is carrying millitary cargo

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

On a similar note, I heard about these things called OPLANS that seem kind of interesting. Can anyone tell me exactly what goes into them, or maybe point to unedited posts in the past that go into great detail about them? IIRC there was some poster named “Moth Bolle” who was a great resource on them but I dunno if they changed names or what.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Im trying to figure out based on an airworthiness document whether a commercial plane is carrying millitary cargo

Most military cargo would be indistinguishable from civilian cargo aside from the packaging, frankly.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nice try, commie

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

This is helpful

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Hey there old friend

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

:nsa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Do you like to watch the Cubs play in Chicago?