Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair I don’t think that’s an idea Toryiama ever wants to go through with.

Since the manga and anime ends the same way the Zeno idea was most likely his

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Justin_Brett posted:

It's weird that the only guy to seriously point out how hosed up living under a god like that was from the Heroes anime, and also a bad guy. Frieza brought it up during the ToP but nothing came out of it.

Final Saga of the last Dragonball season before it's over, essentially the Super-era Buu Saga. Having bided his time very thoroughly and smartly after a bunch of preceding Sagas of escalating insanity, Freiza strikes with the Super Dragon Balls and wishes himself God Emperor of All Universes. Goku has to kill God, proving he is 'stronger' than Zeno, especially if Freiza in a final desperation uses the erasure and Goku shrugs it off (or gets wished back).

Zen-chans wishes back, The End.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

its not weird when the last guy who brought up living under a hosed up god was Aizen

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Goku should fight aizen

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Could Goku fight through Aizen's Perfect Hypnosis?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Goku's punched through both space and time, he can probably punch through mind.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There is not a problem Goku can’t solve by punching something really hard

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Goku fights anyone and anything, he’ll even just get in fights with memories. There’s no illusion that could stop him.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah, just blow up everything then wish back the good parts with the Dragon Balls.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Goku will get distracted by a shiny object and look away right as Aizen unseals his sword, thereby dodging the hypnosis

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
People forget since it's mostly from Dragon Ball days, but Goku's quite used to dealing with foes who have weird tricks up their sleeves and can be very cunning when he needs to be. Kind of the whole deal with Hit is that he's incredibly strong on top of having an extremely powerful and versatile superpower that he's very competent with and actively improves on when he's under pressure, and it takes Goku equal amounts of skill and improv to figure out how to counter it. (and even then, we haven't had a decisive battle between them, especially since Hit did successfully kill Goku when not fighting under a nonlethal ruleset, even if Goku is well aware how easy it is to cheat death.

Ironically the only indirect way of killing Goku that has worked is the heart virus, which I forget if it was even engineered or just bad luck. (and given Pan is apparently difficult for Earth doctors to treat due to her partly non-human physiology, I wonder if there's a trend of Saiyan biology having a potential weakness to disease, though I imagine their immune systems are crazy)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but also aizen is kind of all talk and just perfects to brute force things whenever he's actually troubled in any way.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Beerus isnt gonna do poo poo this arc is he?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I mean

The climax of the Goku/Hit rematch is Hit making a dimension cage out of stored time or something and then Goku's solution is to power up so hard he can punch Hit through dimensions anyway

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pureauthor posted:

I mean

The climax of the Goku/Hit rematch is Hit making a dimension cage out of stored time or something and then Goku's solution is to power up so hard he can punch Hit through dimensions anyway

Yeah, and that isn't even the first time that happened to Hit specifically. When Goku went Kaioken SSB for the first time it made him so strong he could just completely ignore Hit's time skipping.

Hell, during the ToP, Jiren pulled the same trick and just put out so much power that he completely broke out of Hit's time prison thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Aizen's stuff is just illusions just blast everything around you and you should hit him.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Could goku defeat Aizen's Chair

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Half of Dracula posted:

Could goku defeat Aizen's Chair

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kanos posted:

Yeah, and that isn't even the first time that happened to Hit specifically. When Goku went Kaioken SSB for the first time it made him so strong he could just completely ignore Hit's time skipping.

Hell, during the ToP, Jiren pulled the same trick and just put out so much power that he completely broke out of Hit's time prison thing.

I think the kaioken thing was specifically increasing his reaction time. I make that distinction because from memory, the manga handles Hit's powers differently and makes it so he literally can't use them on people stronger than him and there's no real back and forth, which was super lame.

Jiren negating the time cage is still the peak of boringness to me - like, they couldn't even have him do something cool, he literally just walks it off and the talking heads say "I guess he's stronger than time" and that's that. So much of that tournament was him just glaring at people or not emoting and it's a wonder they managed to somehow come up with a satisfying conclusion. Turns out it's fun to root for Frieza and watch 17 do anything, who knew.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's kind of weird that 17 ends up so fun to watch. Maybe because they deliberately match him up against the wackiest opponents.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's kind of weird that 17 ends up so fun to watch. Maybe because they deliberately match him up against the wackiest opponents.

17 is great because his snark is as unlimited as his energy and the series knows very well how to take full advantage of it, while at the same time being a genuinely great person and one of the extremely few moral members of Team Universe 7.

Also the idea of wasting a wish without any limits for a boat will never not be hilarious.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Parrotine posted:

Beerus isnt gonna do poo poo this arc is he?

The problem with a character like beerus is they don't get do do poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He got to kill Zamasu.

It didn’t really accomplish that much but he did it

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/WarrenIsDead/status/973217878001545217?s=20

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sever

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

she's asking to know more
healthy relationship

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Once I got insanely drunk on Kamchatka and tore the side view mirror off of a van with my bare hands in the middle of the night while dressed in all black and a bowler hat. Michael Lutz was in that van. This is my Michael Lutz story.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
They are a rare tabula rasa! You can tell them anything!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I wish there was a way to watch the old Ocean DBZ dub starting AFTER episode 53 till the end of the Frieza saga

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ironically the only indirect way of killing Goku that has worked is the heart virus, which I forget if it was even engineered or just bad luck. (and given Pan is apparently difficult for Earth doctors to treat due to her partly non-human physiology, I wonder if there's a trend of Saiyan biology having a potential weakness to disease, though I imagine their immune systems are crazy)

IIRC the Jaco manga revealed that the Galatic Patrolmen carry around extinction bombs that contain a virus that when released kills everything on a planet (Jaco once used one on accident and wiped out a species he was supposed to protect), in an interview Toriyama said that the bombs don't work on Saiyans which is why the Galactic Patrol only tries to fight Saiyan children. So Saiyans probably have a pretty hefty immune system.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Toryiama is a messed up dude

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The Galactic Patrol are still more ethical than real world police.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Horrible Taste posted:

IIRC the Jaco manga revealed that the Galatic Patrolmen carry around extinction bombs that contain a virus that when released kills everything on a planet (Jaco once used one on accident and wiped out a species he was supposed to protect), in an interview Toriyama said that the bombs don't work on Saiyans which is why the Galactic Patrol only tries to fight Saiyan children. So Saiyans probably have a pretty hefty immune system.

what the gently caress

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Horrible Taste posted:

:staredog: That is quite a way to resolve that plothole!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

exterminatus

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

mycot posted:

:staredog: That is quite a way to resolve that plothole!

Whoops, just re-read it and I was slighty mistaken, the extinction bomb only wipes out "humans" (which is also used to refer to almost any non-Namekian alien throughout DB) while leaving animals and plants alone. But yeah, Jaco did accidentally commit genocide once.

Also the extinction bomb not working on Saiyans is actually included in chapter 11 of Jaco (which for some reason isn't on Viz's Shonen Jump site):

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Horrible Taste posted:

Whoops, just re-read it and I was slighty mistaken, the extinction bomb only wipes out "humans" (which is also used to refer to almost any non-Namekian alien throughout DB)

Nope it has referred to them as well. Ningen while human is a translation, a just as valid translation is people, or person.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

He's married to King Cold?

Horrible Taste posted:

That's hilarious

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Electric Phantasm posted:

Aizen planned goku's heart attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I like how that explains why Goku stayed small until he got to about 18 years old.