Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Isn't Bitcoin supposed to be a safe haven during these kinds of things? Why number no up go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's spiking at an absurd rate right now. Tether shenanigans?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

drat, looks like i missed the time to buy

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Waltzing Along posted:

nah, "up" is just the natural state of bitcoins you should buy now while the buying is good

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Help me out, please. Can someone please link the article from the woman who went on the crypto cruise, and also to the story and video about those libertarian weenies who went to Mexico or maybe somewhere in South America and live-streamed their compound getting raided by drug lords or militia or whatever.
Four Days Trapped at Sea With Crypto’s Nouveau Riche
An American ‘crypto-anarchist’ fled the country. He was just killed in Mexico’s ‘murder capital.’

Waltzing Along posted:

Dead cat bounce.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

poverty goat posted:

drat, looks like i missed the time to buy

That's why you are the greatest of all time at poverty.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Just loving :vince: if you are watching this thing move like OJ futures at the end of Trading Places and don't realize it's a scam.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Oh, it's now? The time I have been waiting for?

nice

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This has got to be one of the biggest spikes we've seen, right? 1300 in 15 mins?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
No way, huge pumps are pretty common in the Bitcoin world.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Looks like the guy who runs the Tether printer just got out of bed. I was worried something had happened to him

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON

TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Thank you!

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gobbeldygook posted:

We never let him live that down. Eventually Lowtax called him a pedophile and he said

so Lowtax permabanned him.

lol

You know, I don't exactly love Lowtax for his political views, but I would cheerfully die for that man.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Lowtax pedo accusation truly is the kiss of death (of $10)

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
March 9

ghosTTy posted:

Dow is almost at 2016 prices when bitcoin was below 500usd. Crypto is defending its gains wonderfully :)

March 10

poverty goat posted:

Are you guys aware that btc is not actually crashing outside of what has been it's normal wiggle for the last year? Zoom your chart out. It's still higher today than it was for the whole month of December. This is the bitcoin mock thread, it's important not to make yourselves the idiots who don't understand numbers. Put the popcorn away till it hits 5k.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
50% swings are actually cool and good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you think about it, bullets are just creating "pockets of freedom" in your body

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Rad Russian posted:

He's the dude from Uncut Gems. Even if you get lucky your brainworms will lead you to think you're a badass genius and then take even higher risks.

He will find this comparison flattering which is basically all you need to know about this idiot.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

He will find this comparison flattering which is basically all you need to know about this idiot.

I gotta crash, but I'm really hoping to wake up and find BTC value has sunk to $420.69.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

I liked the bit in that movie where everything finally works out for him, all his wild risks pay off, then one of the guys whose money he was gambling with shoots him in the loving head anyway

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

klafbang posted:

March 9

March 10

thank you for the call. i agree that bitcoin just got hosed up now

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Can someone please link the article from the woman who went on the crypto cruise

With delight, my friend: https://breakermag.com/trapped-at-sea-with-cryptos-nouveau-riche/

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Just had to explain bitcoin to a coworker because she took a report from a guy who claimed his phone was hacked and coins stolen from coinbase. The look of confusion and disbelief she gave me was well deserved.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Has there been any level of self-awareness from the buttcoiners- having watched people flock to the toilet paper standard- about how easy it is to get people to buy into a pointless and idiotic principal by convincing them that when the dust settles they'll be the king of the hill because they hoarded "X" ?

e; It's a rhetorical question obviously but an interesting one nonetheless

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
No bc they're the ones doing the TP hoarding thinking in the true libertarian style that they will be able to sell it on for a profit when society collapses

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
In the face of global pandemic bitcoin dropped by 50%, clearly society will continue but how bad does that have to sting to the “no coiner, to the moon” crowd.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

If you think about it, bullets are just creating "pockets of freedom" in your body
Blood, like information, wants to be free.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
bitcoin having a goddamned heart attack at the slightest inclination of societal trouble really seems like it would deflate the whole turbo-weirdo libertarian fantasy of bitcoin being the post-apocalyptic world currency, huh

they had all those elaborate bullshit plans of using satellites and everything

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you can use toilet paper for things though.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I wipe my rear end with Bitcoin

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

If price goes up, it validates their stupid decisions.

If price goes down, well, its the perfect time to buy more!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Has anyone said "buttwipecoin"? Crypto backed by rolls I totally have stored in a secret warehouse. I swear they're there, you can trust me.

Original idea, do not steal.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm guessing right now the floor is 5k. That drop to 4k was probably a bit of an aberration.

What is the # for when it is not profitable to do mining? Is it still 3k?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm guessing right now the floor is 5k. That drop to 4k was probably a bit of an aberration.

Hugely variable depending on the efficiency of your miners & how much you're paying for electricity.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

You know what they say: Buy high, sell low, it is the bitcoiner way!

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Waltzing Along posted:

The good news is that regardless of what the limit is, in two months it will double.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Iirc it was 3600 from the last time it dived hard

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Waltzing Along posted:

Total guess: ~3500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Unfortunately due to the stupidity and greed to bitcoiners, there is no way it will crash super hard. If it drops to 3000 people will go crazy buying the dip. The same for 2000, 1500, 1000, 500 and so on. And even more people will buy those lower amounts. It's going to take a while for it to normalize at zero which is where it should be.

On the other hand, a lot of those idiots will have lost their shirts by the time it is super low so may not be able to buy anything any more.

One can only hope.