Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

yea ok posted:

i'd be okay with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan's recreation of the Nailz promo caught me way off-guard and I can't believe how straight they played it.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Maybe Craig doesn’t have a set up. The guy’s been along for the ride too, it would suck to have him miss the ending.

no it wouldn't

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Let me write that down

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I don’t usually have time to watch along with whatever B&V are reviewing, but I was able to watch this episode of superstars and lemme tell ya it’s true Bob Backlund isn’t fuckin kidding with that jacket.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
No one's gonna mention, " Granny's not a fan of the BBC." ?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I meant for him and them. I don’t particularly care about Craig, but B&V are his friends and probably want him to be there when it ends.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also I think Bryan wants to make the final Nitro show a big party atmosphere which obviously doesn't really work if they're skyping in to do it.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
honk juice

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Also I think Bryan wants to make the final Nitro show a big party atmosphere which obviously doesn't really work if they're skyping in to do it.

yeah

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1239716873052160000?s=21

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!

Jerusalem posted:

Dude will probably figure out synctube in 2024

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Bryan should do some after dark shows if they have nothing to do/he can't get the gang together for a show.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Bryan should do some after dark shows if they have nothing to do/he can't get the gang together for a show.

because what we need is conspiracy theorists talking about corona

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah there are things I want back on the site, After Dark during a major global health crisis is not one of them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bring back After Dark but only so Bryan can finally do a show on Big Foot with Jon Moxley like I've always dreamed he might.

Also because After Dark had the most bitching entrance theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVKlkTWq0NE

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dave: Coughs back, isn't that promising?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation

Jerusalem posted:

Bring back After Dark but only so Bryan can finally do a show on Big Foot with Jon Moxley like I've always dreamed he might.

Also because After Dark had the most bitching entrance theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVKlkTWq0NE

remember when Bryan got into the ghosthunting fad and spent all night in a supposedly haunted hotel?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

What on Earth did this last 5-6 minutes of WOR turn into

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

Dave: Coughs back, isn't that promising?
it never left

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dunbar posted:

What on Earth did this last 5-6 minutes of WOR turn into

Is that when they started talking about Benoit. I turned it off as Bryan started to say goodbye and then realized I never got any Benoit talk.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Bryan and Vinny should obviously just review the free Joshi shows that have happened in the last few weeks, given that they never cover that side of the business. I'd love to hear how Vinny feels about Hana Kimura, Maki Itoh, and Sareeeeeeeeeee

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Sareee hasn't been on those free shows; she left before that all started. The only free one was the Stardom one anyway; TJPW's dojo shows were behind the DDT Universe paywall.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I really don't understand why they don't do that more often, reviewing more types of wrestling. I mean I do understand, they presumably don't draw like the other shows do, but would joshi and lucha and puro matches really draw that much less than, like, Superstars and NWA?

Maybe they could replace Superstars with an extended potpourri segment

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I suggested to Bryan that he review Stardom on the show and he addressed it on air by saying "look we're not going to ask people to sign up for a streaming service they don't already have. Most of our listeners have the WWE Network. Most don't have Stardom World."

Maybe it'll change now that there's free episodes on YouTube but who knows

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
They should review the UWF shows again

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

That's a weird reason. How many listeners are actually watching NWA and Superstars along with them? I've been listening for years and it doesn't matter whether I can see (or have seen) a given match or show, I just listen to the show.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TTBF posted:

I suggested to Bryan that he review Stardom on the show and he addressed it on air by saying "look we're not going to ask people to sign up for a streaming service they don't already have. Most of our listeners have the WWE Network. Most don't have Stardom World."

I listen to and read people reviewing WWE precisely because I stopped watching it, I don't think his argument holds water.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is how the media reinforces the status quo. the observer must be destroyed

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

TTBF posted:

I knew this rationale, hence my suggestion on the free Eps. I thought the TJPW stuff was free on DDT? Regardless, it's insanely stupid reasoning. I would love to listen to them reviewing even more stuff I don't watch, and unlike WWE I would probably actually get excited and make more use of my DDT sub if I heard Vinny gushing over Miyu kicking the poo poo out of Yuka or whatever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Is that when they started talking about Benoit. I turned it off as Bryan started to say goodbye and then realized I never got any Benoit talk.

smh that you don't realize by now that Bryan saying they're out of time and it's time to go doesn't stop Dave from keeping the show going for 10-15 more minutes.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Possibly the most depressing WOR I’ve ever heard today, to be honest. Not that I blame them.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dave describing the week of Benoit's death in terms of his dreams being a respite from the nightmare of reality was beautiful and so sad. Then following up with how this week was worse? Good thing this came out on a Tuesday because that was loving Dark.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dave describing the week of Benoit's death in terms of his dreams being a respite from the nightmare of reality was beautiful and so sad. Then following up with how this week was worse? Good thing this came out on a Tuesday because that was loving Dark.

I sense Dave is very nervous, he mentioned his son has Crohn’s disease, so I’d imagine that the idea of his kids getting sick is weighing heavily on him. I can see this week being personally more taxing than Benoit.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TTBF posted:

This seems rear end-backwards. If it gets good reviews more listeners will check it out, if it gets bad reviews they'll continue to not buy the service. No one is actually inconvenienced by them doing more reviews.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Excalibur did Talk is Jericho and it was very fun to listen to them nerd out about 90s junior heavyweight wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

This seems rear end-backwards. If it gets good reviews more listeners will check it out, if it gets bad reviews they'll continue to not buy the service. No one is actually inconvenienced by them doing more reviews.

I think some podcasters are convinced that a good portion of their listeners want to watch or read along with whatever they are reviewing instead of listening to the review to determine if they want to consume it.

I don't think it is entirely inaccurate either.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation

MassRafTer posted:

I think some podcasters are convinced that a good portion of their listeners want to watch or read along with whatever they are reviewing instead of listening to the review to determine if they want to consume it.

That was the whole draw of Smart Mark Wrestling back in the day. They’d watch wrestling and tell you about it in a funny manner.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Honestly I listen to wrestling review podcasts so I don't HAVE to watch WWE's product. I outsourced that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I'm certainly not foolish enough to assume my personal preferences are universal, but it does boggle my mind that so many people listen to these review shows AND watch along too, since I use the podcasts as something to listen to while going places or for at the gym etc. But then apparently their video service does well enough that it warranted dropping all the fun song contest stuff (boo!) so I guess people do like watching podcasts too for some bizarre reason :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I do admit I enjoy the old B&V TNA reviews on YouTube where someone put it over the actual PPV video. But it's very much a "nice to have" and not something I need to enjoy a review of something. Superstars and NWA are perfect examples of that.