Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I genuinely have no idea why anyone would want Sanderson of all people to finish asoiaf.

It’s a joke because he’s a mediocre litrpg writer who was chosen to finish the wheel of time when Robert Jordan died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

I apologize if I offend anyone, as this is just my opinion, but I tried to read the Witcher books and I felt like I was listening to a 13 year old boy narrate himself playing a video game. It was painfully bad, and I couldn’t even finish the first book. It’s maybe one of 3 books in my life that I’ve started reading (out of hundreds) and didn’t finish.

the books get significantly better with every entry and the last one is a masterpiece

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

RCarr posted:

I apologize if I offend anyone, as this is just my opinion, but I tried to read the Witcher books and I felt like I was listening to a 13 year old boy narrate himself playing a video game. It was painfully bad, and I couldn’t even finish the first book. It’s maybe one of 3 books in my life that I’ve started reading (out of hundreds) and didn’t finish.

YMMV but I found the Witcher short story collections to be better than the novels. It might worth reading a few of the short stories to see if you like them better.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sarern posted:

YMMV but I found the Witcher short story collections to be better than the novels. It might worth reading a few of the short stories to see if you like them better.

Thanks, I’ll check them out. Definitely worth a shot.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sarern posted:

the short story collections are also 100% required reading before the novels

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The short story collections were both written and published (in Poland at least) before the novels, so this shouldn’t upset the chronologically impaired either. The Netflix show took most of its plots from the short stories.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It also doesn't help that some of the earlier books have not great translations. I don't mind any of the English translation work in general, but it certainly improves as they go along. I think the person localizing it may have changed to someone else partway through?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

esperterra posted:

It also doesn't help that some of the earlier books have not great translations. I don't mind any of the English translation work in general, but it certainly improves as they go along. I think the person localizing it may have changed to someone else partway through?

Like a doppler?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/813170871095308288

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
The complete collection.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

All I can see is the books being in the wrong order, who does that?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Truly a prophetic gift.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

1. lol
2. seriously, a boxed set for an incomplete series?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

"Tell Vanessa it was me."

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Hasselblad posted:

what do you mean

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

quote:

Fly high, burn bright

:hmmyes:

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

kalvanoo posted:

what do you mean

Well, I guess there is :airquote:complete:airquote:, and there is :airquote:completed:airquote:

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Hasselblad posted:

1. lol

Let's be real here, at most that set will be missing one book.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Incomplete series always release multiple box sets as more poo poo is released tho

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mr. Fix It posted:

"Tell Vanessa it was me."

Just flat.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The Clippers send their regards

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
There's a decent number of coronavirus cases in Santa Fe, wonder exactly how many comorbidities the Whale who Writes has.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
All of them. He has all of them.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Do not joke about people dying in general and specifically during this pandemic.

E: OK, to clarify, the posts about Kobe were in my opinion fine, but joking that someone might die is absolutely not.

Safety Biscuits fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 17, 2020

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Safety Biscuits posted:

Do not joke about people dying in general and specifically during this pandemic.

P sure covid isn’t going to make a helo crash

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Safety Biscuits posted:

What are you the word police?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I wonder if shitdick is a comorbidity that could worsen coronavirus symptoms.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
All men might die

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

All men could serve

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Wild Cards fan just doing my yearly check in. Guys the book still isn't out yet

TERFherder
Apr 26, 2010

уôðр ò шúурþòі úуûьúø

Destro posted:

Wild Cards fan just doing my yearly check in. Guys the book still isn't out yet

Clearly it is tho:

On Sale: 03/03/2020

ISBN: 9780765396402
264 Pages

https://us.macmillan.com/books/9780765396402

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I mean, we all joked and said that the western civilization would collapse before gurm writes pages but lol omg.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

GRRMs going to run out of his house waving the finished manuscript to an empty world devoid of all life.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Can I post that joke or am I going to eat another sixer for it?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's comforting to know that coronavirus has cancelled all sports and conventions and the absolute fucker STILL isn't writing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
He’s actually writing!

https://ew.com/books/george-r-r-mar...37-64E6923C408C

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

It's comforting to know that coronavirus has cancelled all sports and conventions and the absolute fucker STILL isn't writing.

Speaking of...

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thirty posts in this horrid thread and only a few are about the fact that GRRM is loving writing :woop:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He's not writing anything we don't already know the answer to. The last great mystery is the fate of Strong Belwas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The coronavirus is the first thing that's made me think gurm might actually finish this book before he or I die