Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Mokinokaro posted:

That's one thing the game never really expands on though. We know the Bureau is able to send people into the outside world but are the folks who work there actually living lives outside of it? I almost expected to find some kind of worker quarters in the game but the only beds we see are for experiments or in the shelters. Maybe it's not too hard to come and go when the building isn't on lockdown.

I'm pretty sure the Bureau functions just like any other office building - most people are day workers, but there are staffs of people in departments like Security who cover all hours, and likely some night shift workers in this case who study things that only happen at night. Trench has talked a little bit about his home life in the Hotline calls, so there's a basis for comparison if you want to go back and check those out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

It looks like most/all of Ahti's wonderful turns of phrase are indeed direct translations of Finnish idioms: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Finnish_idioms

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

It looks like most/all of Ahti's wonderful turns of phrase are indeed direct translations of Finnish idioms: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Finnish_idioms

Quoted in the second post, because this is both amazing and a tiny bit disappointing.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Also another thing that's easily missed that I did catch on. Go watch Ahti's first meeting with Jess again. Pay attention to what he responds to.

He can hear her thoughts and responds to her inner monologue.

EDIT: missed the post where this was pointed out. His name however is interesting. It's the name of a Finnish water deity. Interesting name for a janitor.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 19, 2020

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

IMJack posted:

If my guess about Ahti's nature is correct, going on vacation would involve the entire Oldest House teleporting to Acapulco. Or maybe Finland. Maybe he's pining for the fjords. I assume he's been here at least since Vikings first explored the northeast.

I like the idea that the first folks who were dumb enough to go into the Oldest House were Scandinavians who, unlike the local Native Americans, didn't know any better and the House just sort of adopted their language and sayings. Maybe Ahti's been trying to adjust to English as a second language for the past few hundred years (or however long English-speaking Americans have been in the House). Admittedly Finnish is not a relative to Norse, so this is unlikely. Why Ahti speaks Finnish is a mystery to me.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
It's because Finland doesn't exist.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Clayren posted:

Why Ahti speaks Finnish is a mystery to me.

Remedy Entertainment is Finnish, and in a game that's already bumping against the fourth wall, that might be an internally consistent explanation in and of itself :v:

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Octatonic posted:

Remedy Entertainment is Finnish, and in a game that's already bumping against the fourth wall, that might be an internally consistent explanation in and of itself :v:

Ah, so he speaks the language of the ones who created the House, of course!

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Clayren posted:

Ah, so he speaks the language of the ones who created the House, of course!

He's mostly cursing which is also quite realistic.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I actually ran the phrase that ends with "this house has a vermin problem" through Google translate and got something like "I tell you drat straight" so it checks out.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Ooh, the possibility of Ahti being someone who's been in the House for a very, very long time is a good one. I was thinking he might be an extension of the House itself that it created to interact with and try to understand its human inhabitants.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
Control caught my eye after watching Jacob Geller's video on it, so until it is released on Steam I think I will be following this.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

You'd think that being under quarantine would give me more time to work on videos, and to a point, you'd be right. But to a different point, everybody under the sun is offering discounts on games, and I'm discovering so many other things to do. On top of that, the first paid DLC for Control is out, and it's much better than the free expansion. I spent hours on it and still have plenty to do. It's a bit strange being trapped in a building with all sorts of strange things happening outside due to a rapidly-spreading infection, playing a game about people trapped in a building with all sorts of strange things happening inside due to a rapidly-spreading infection. There's something equally disquieting about most of the symptoms on the list of things to watch for being my general state of health, and no convenient way to know for sure what's up. All in all, it's a perfect atmosphere for some light maintenance. You know the stuff: Powering up disabled coolant pumps, throwing barrels of unknown material into an incinerator that may or may not itself be alive, and trudging around a sewer shooting the poo poo... literally.

Part 6: The Clog Polsy Youtube Documents

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Combat in Control is highly unbalanced, usually in a good fun way rather than the terrible unfun way (that's only in the Expedititions DLC). There is an extent to which I'm not really sure if Control's combat is intended to have the kind of attributes that it does or if that's just kind of an accident of how it turned out (there are a couple of signs that maybe Control's designers don't really understand the gameplay they're wrangling (on the other hand, iterating a game until it just kind of turns out fun is entirely valid as an approach)). It usually boils down to two things;

1) Managing the flow and rhythm of your energy and ammo; coming in hard with Launch and buying time with the Service Weapon, repeat

2) Positioning.

Every single enemy in this game can kill you really drat quick, and the way you're supposed to fight is by never being in the vicinity of any Hiss who is not either staggered or dead. Launch is your constant figurative and literal heavy hitter. It does a boatload of damage, it eviscerates shields, it can hit multiple enemies, and it staggers basically everyone (it's also a nice one hit finisher when upgraded). The Service Weapon in most of its forms is a consistent, utilitarian damage dealer, but it's considerably less punchy, and only staggers on headshots. Both attacks have meters with identical behaviour, with the notable exception that your Energy can be unilaterally expanded (hugely), while Ammo efficiency mods are modest, specific to one form, and equipped at the cost of more utilitarian upgrades (like more damage). 95% of all combat in Control runs on this back and forth between Launch and bullets; you run in, kill or stagger everyone in range with concrete chunks and environment objects, retreat while picking off stragglers or suppressing large guys with headshots, repeat. It says something that with the Foundation expansion they added a weapon mod that grants energy from headshots. The variety and real challenge comes from large environments and different enemy types; on top of the back and forth, you also have to keep moving, one way or the other, making sure you don't get cornered by anyone you're not about to kill, making sure you don't get flanked, making sure Charged are taken care of immediately. Every other power in the game just supports this process. Evade is one of those extra powers that has some decent situational utility (see: getting quickly out of the way of an explosion) but doesn't really factor in to the big picture. We'll see more of those, but what I'm getting at here is, for better or worse, we've already seen 95% of what the combat experience has to offer. On the one hand, yeah, breaking it down like this, there's not much to combat in this game. On the other hand, this combat process, this favourite dance, this, dare I say, gameplay loop*, is so fun that it pretty much holds the gameplay together singlehandedly from here until the credits roll, and beyond.

*yes I know that "gameplay loop" shouldn't be used to refer to anything this low-level but come on, I couldn't resist

I think the Service Weapon forms we see are one of the ways in which the videogame part of Control kind of drops the ball, but, I'm getting ahead of things.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 31, 2020

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
That bit where you about got killed by the Clog was one of my tremendous irritations with this game shown off; they don't do a very good job giving you awareness of dangers in this game. I died to that thing despite literally zero indication to expect danger, and that sort of thing happened much more often than I liked. Another example is the astral challenge for the Hotline, zero information on what your goal is or what the enemies do there. Even basic combat suffers that sort of problem since enemies can spawn in wherever (including of course all the floating enemies above you) and keeping track of them in a game world that's designed in a very busy fashion that obscures things is a nightmare. That drat trooper in the pump room kept killing me thanks to the difficulty of getting an angle in all the pump room junk before he filled me full of lead. Also very irritating when trying to find the last enemy in a room sometimes. I feel like the game in general overtuned things a little too difficult to really enjoy for me, too easy to wind up screwed with no way to expect or prevent it. So mark me down as opposite of Fedule on my opinion of the gameplay loop, it just felt like the difficulty could flip without warning too easily because despite the game name I felt I didn't have enough information in combat to control things and the ease of dying meant a moment's unawareness killed you every time. I also find it kind of annoying that the Service Weapon isn't really as good a killer as Launch, since you have this thing you're supposed to be able to configure and use however you like to play!... but in reality you need to just get used to one real attack of hurling things and the Service Weapon in all its forms is just backup. Really wish it had been other way round and Launch was a special attack rather than the only one you could depend on for rapid enough killing.

Not to be completely negative though, I do have to praise some things about the game. The visual design is great stuff, I have a very high level PC and it looks amazing. Even more than the pure graphics though is I like how much of said design makes sense. The FBC feels like an actual functional government building (or at least one that functioned before everybody got possessed by red light from beyond), offices and bathrooms and labs and generally most things they theoretically should have, which the occasional warped aspects being explainable because of the Hiss/building shifts/weird stuff they have to work with. They have fun with little details too like the portrait changes and such. The world building itself is great too like that, the reactions to all the weirdness just felt like the logical end result of people having to constantly run into that sort of thing and getting appropriately jaded/having a plan because it's the 50th time they've seen stuff randomly floating or whatever the current strangeness does.

One thing I wonder about; the thing about Hiss Charged being designed to blow off HRAs, I actually swear I remember seeing that in that fight between the plant guards and Hiss you walk into after the pump area. Pretty sure I saw a guard suddenly bend over then turn into an enemy after a bunch of damage from a Charged exploding once. Anybody else ever see one of your allies get turned like that, or did I just imagine it/get confused in the fight?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Fedule posted:

Combat in Control is highly unbalanced, usually in a good fun way rather than the terrible unfun way (that's only in the Expedititions DLC). There is an extent to which I'm not really sure if Control's combat is intended to have the kind of attributes that it does or if that's just kind of an accident of how it turned out (there are a couple of signs that maybe Control's designers don't really understand the gameplay they're wrangling (on the other hand, iterating a game until it just kind of turns out fun is entirely valid as an approach)). It usually boils down to two things;

1) Managing the flow and rhythm of your energy and ammo; coming in hard with Launch and buying time with the Service Weapon, repeat

2) Positioning.

Every single enemy in this game can kill you really drat quick, and the way you're supposed to fight is by never being in the vicinity of any Hiss who is not either staggered or dead. Launch is your constant figurative and literal heavy hitter. It does a boatload of damage, it eviscerates shields, it can hit multiple enemies, and it staggers basically everyone (it's also a nice one hit finisher when upgraded). The Service Weapon in most of its forms is a consistent, utilitarian damage dealer, but it's considerably less punchy, and only staggers on headshots. Both attacks have meters with identical behaviour, with the notable exception that your Energy can be unilaterally expanded (hugely), while Ammo efficiency mods are modest, specific to one form, and equipped at the cost of more utilitarian upgrades (like more damage). 95% of all combat in Control runs on this back and forth between Launch and bullets; you run in, kill or stagger everyone in range with concrete chunks and environment objects, retreat while picking off stragglers or suppressing large guys with headshots, repeat. It says something that with the Foundation expansion they added a weapon mod that grants energy from headshots. The variety and real challenge comes from large environments and different enemy types; on top of the back and forth, you also have to keep moving, one way or the other, making sure you don't get cornered by anyone you're not about to kill, making sure you don't get flanked, making sure Charged are taken care of immediately. Every other power in the game just supports this process. Evade is one of those extra powers that has some decent situational utility (see: getting quickly out of the way of an explosion) but doesn't really factor in to the big picture. We'll see more of those, but what I'm getting at here is, for better or worse, we've already seen 95% of what the combat experience has to offer. On the one hand, yeah, breaking it down like this, there's not much to combat in this game. On the other hand, this combat process, this favourite dance, this, dare I say, gameplay loop*, is so fun that it pretty much holds the gameplay together singlehandedly from here until the credits roll, and beyond.

*yes I know that "gameplay loop" shouldn't be used to refer to anything this low-level but come on, I couldn't resist

I think the Service Weapon forms we see are one of the ways in which the videogame part of Control kind of drops the ball, but, I'm getting ahead of things.

The problem Control has is that if you, for example, get the melee upgrades instead of the launch upgrades you've brutally screwed yourself without any idea of what you've done.

That and when you finally take a point the Hiss are holding only for instant reinforcements to appear directly behind you and hit you with a shotgun blast to the back while you're not looking.

In my experience of the game, the combat was enough of a chore that I'd go out of my way to avoid it if I could.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

MadDogMike posted:

One thing I wonder about; the thing about Hiss Charged being designed to blow off HRAs, I actually swear I remember seeing that in that fight between the plant guards and Hiss you walk into after the pump area. Pretty sure I saw a guard suddenly bend over then turn into an enemy after a bunch of damage from a Charged exploding once. Anybody else ever see one of your allies get turned like that, or did I just imagine it/get confused in the fight?

I don't know that I've seen it myself, but it makes perfect sense, and would be one of the details I love so much about this game if it's true. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it, if I ever see HRA-wearing guards fighting Hiss Charged again.

Natural 20 posted:

The problem Control has is that if you, for example, get the melee upgrades instead of the launch upgrades you've brutally screwed yourself without any idea of what you've done.

The update from last week has, at least, added a feature that lets you reset all of your upgrades for 30,000 Source so you can respec however you want, along with additional abilities and another level of upgrade for almost everything. I have no idea whether there are enough new Ability Points in the new content to unlock it all, but then, I can't imagine that I got all of the Ability Points in the base game.

I'd like to throw my own opinion of the combat into the mix, but it's a tricky subject because I'm just not great at video game combat in general. Dying every few steps and having to treat every fight like it's a puzzle is pretty much how every game plays out for me. One of these days, I'd really like to make a video series about how I blundered my way through Dark Souls without developing any of the skills people say are necessary for beating that game, and beat several bosses on my first try (Capra Demon) because I was so overpowered that I didn't realize they were supposed to be bosses. The combat in Control goes from monotonous to overwhelming in seconds, and doesn't seem to have a whole lot of in-between. There are so many different abilities that it can be easy to forget in the heat of battle which one is good in a particular situation, and which one will make the seismograph next to you explode in your face. I got super lucky during my original playthrough and got a mod that provides (spoiler for future ability) a 97% speed increase to Seize, which makes a very okay ability one of the keystones of my arsenal. The new upgrades actually give (spoiler for future ability) the Shield ability some decent potential, and I'm looking forward to trying them out the next chance I get. I might even change my intended upgrade path for the LP to account for it. Of course, the mod I got for THAT one is (not a spoiler, but absolutely needs the black bars) a level V mod that provides a 0% increase in capability, so I'm a bit less enthused.

Basically, there are so many ways to fight that I don't get bored, most enemies take an appreciable amount of damage from whichever gun form you're using (some are just damage tanks in general), and yet at the end of the day, if you're not throwing fire extinguishers or exploding spores at everything that doesn't fly, you're doing it wrong, but that's part of the fun. The Bureau Countermeasures give you some incentive to change things up from time to time, which helps, and most of the Service Weapon forms have situational uses, except for Grip, Shatter, Spin, and Charge.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Courtesy the LP introducing the game to me and a spring sale, I grabbed Control on PC and just lost 3 days of life. I'd gladly do it again.

Thank you Nidoking. I look forward to everyone getting to see the rest of this amazing, wonderful ride. I want to get off Mr Bone's wild ride.

Combat talk, Launch is amazingly good and satisfying but also not the end all be all. The game really tries to hammer home the importance of moving everywhere and my personal tendency of suicidal aggressive tactics in the many games I play really lent itself to success. Running into the areas you just cleared feels important not only for getting away from new enemy spawns but also into the healing essence the now dead enemies dropped. And hell, using Launch is always satisfying thanks to rag doll physics. Just my two cents.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

We're close to completing our mission to stop the Power Plant from exploding, which means the Directorial Override is within sight. Soon, we'll be able to go to any sector we want. Before we get there, though, we have a lot to learn. New abilities, new information, new weapons... there's a lot in this video. I recommend sitting down before you start watching.

Part 7: Directorial Override Polsy Youtube Documents

And with that, I've caught up to my recording backlog. I held off on recording further for a few reasons, but the main reason is that I want to know where you want to go next. This is one of the rare times in this game when we can explore new territory rather than going straight to the next mission, and it's a sizeable detour. Granted, there's not much to do in the Containment Sector at this point, so you'll probably spend most of the video staring at the nearest clock, but there's stuff to do and materials to create a new form for the Service Weapon, if I end up collecting enough of them. So, let me know what you want me to do in the next video! Should we proceed to the Research Sector to look for Marshall and Doctor Darling, or should we take a side trip to the Containment Sector and see where they keep all the weird supernatural stuff they're not studying?

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Did the guy in the reactor room not have anything new to say?

Also, Emily is so excited about Science I love it.

cokerpilot fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 10, 2020

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I plan to go back and talk to both Ahti and Arish before proceeding - I do want to clear out some of the sector-specific Countermeasures if I can, as well as hopefully collecting enough materials to upgrade the Grip. The fights will be a lot tougher no matter which way we go.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Aw, thanks for the shout-out! :D

I was also a big fan of the way the fast-travel aspect of the Control Points was integrated into the story--not to mention Emily's palpable excitement about the prospect of investigating this weird new feature. Clever and charming both.

I like the idea of hitting the Containment Sector first, see what other oddities the Oldest House has laying around.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's just occurred to me that this setting has a lot in common with Cardcaptor Sakura, in that you have objects with weird powers being collected and tamed by an average girl who stumbled into the mess by accident. They even have similar logic at some points - the Safe protects itself with an impenentrable shield, and the clow card "The Shield" possesses a jewelry box that means a lot to a friend of the main character's mother to protect it with an impenetrable lock. Also the Carousel horse kind of reminds me of The Jump, in that it's just having fun. The Teddy Bear and Jewelry Box are basically OoPs, the difference is just that Sakura knows what's causing it.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

This is the Warehouse 13 game I never knew I wanted to see LP'd.

Much like in Control, the core of that world is that ordinary objects get imbued with special powers - usually during historic or traumatic events, or otherwise just take on aspects of how famous people are perceived. There was also a show called The Lost Room which was an altogether darker take on the magical weird objects genre, and prominently featured a motel room that was taken elsewhere during an Event, and all the objects inside took on some powers.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

It's just occurred to me that this setting has a lot in common with Cardcaptor Sakura

I will forever refer to the abilities in this game as The Launch, The Dodge, The Shield, The Gun... and I can just picture Tomoyo ushering Sakura into the nearest Control Point so she can magically change outfits to fight the new card.

I've actually been thinking about the Horse specifically, and wondering why it's associated with dodging. Perhaps, because it's modeled on an animal famous for moving long distances, but bound to move around a tiny axis for all eternity, it took on the property of moving short distances very quickly.

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

Personal Theory: when you teleport at the control point, you aren't . the control points are all in the same location .
Jessie said, that something came through the slides , and called it Polaris .
I still believe that it's us, the player .

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Dead Letter posted:

The planes we see in the sky are the monsters.

https://turbofanatic.tumblr.com/post/98666797022/

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Regarding the "burning into reindeer":

Finnish: Palaa poroksi

Palaa =

1. to burn, in the specific meaning of being on fire (if you are lighting up a fire, you need a different word)
2. the third person (singular) of the verb "palaa" (to burn) e.g. he/she/it burns = hän/hän/se palaa
3. The third person (singular) of the verb "palata" (to return), e.g. he/she/it returns = hän/hän/se palaa
4. A command for you to return to/into somewhere/something
5. A case of the noun "pala" (a piece) e.g. three pieces = kolme palaa / I'm looking for a piece = etsin palaa

Poroksi =

1. A case of the noun "poro" (grounds/ashes), e.g. ground coffee = kahvinporot / to burn into ash = palaa poroksi
2. A case of the word "poro" (a reindeer), e.g. I dressed as a reindeer = pukeuduin poroksi

:eng101:

Edit:

So, a perfectly valid direct translation in addition of "burning into ashes" or "burning into a reindeer" would also, for example, be a command for you to return into a state of being as a single speck of ground coffee.

Valiantman fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 10, 2020

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Ah, so it's not an actual idiom as such, but a pun. It's sad that some of the best puns just don't translate into English. I've got a couple of particular favorites in Japanese.

This makes me believe that Ahti just plain isn't aware that he's speaking English rather than Finnish most of the time.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It could be like the Orion's Belt thing from Men in Black - he translated it in his head from Finnish but picked the wrong English word to represent it.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
also don't underestimate how many people will do it deliberately, for various reasons

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Nidoking posted:

Ah, so it's not an actual idiom as such, but a pun. It's sad that some of the best puns just don't translate into English. I've got a couple of particular favorites in Japanese.

This makes me believe that Ahti just plain isn't aware that he's speaking English rather than Finnish most of the time.
Is he speaking English?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Please take the side trip, I wanna see all the extra documents and weird stuff.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Side trip! Side trip! Side trip! Side trip!

:dance:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love this game, and this LP is great so far! Thank you for going off the beaten path and also looking up, I've seen so many playthroughs where people just run to the objective without actually examining the surroundings :sweatdrop:

I also gotta vote side trip, this place is weird and it must be thoroughly mapped before all the architecture starts running away again.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
I wonder if that Threshold report about the world being another Threashold was a joke about it being a videogame.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

It's just occurred to me that this setting has a lot in common with Cardcaptor Sakura, in that you have objects with weird powers being collected and tamed by an average girl who stumbled into the mess by accident. They even have similar logic at some points - the Safe protects itself with an impenentrable shield, and the clow card "The Shield" possesses a jewelry box that means a lot to a friend of the main character's mother to protect it with an impenetrable lock. Also the Carousel horse kind of reminds me of The Jump, in that it's just having fun. The Teddy Bear and Jewelry Box are basically OoPs, the difference is just that Sakura knows what's causing it.

'Average girl' isn't really how I'd describe Jesse, since she's been on the run/hunting the Bureau since she was a kid, with an otherworldly entity living in her head.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Tsilkani posted:

'Average girl' isn't really how I'd describe Jesse, since she's been on the run/hunting the Bureau since she was a kid, with an otherworldly entity living in her head.

You're right. She's absolutely not an average girl. She's an Ordinary girl, though.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Carbon dioxide posted:

You're right. She's absolutely not an average girl. She's an Ordinary girl, though.

I see what you did there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It's more accurate to say she's an extra-Ordinary girl.