Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
New Jojo.

Holy gently caress.

That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chapter link

https://mangadex.org/chapter/833525/1

since Joubin is the one to kill Norisuke and intimidate the rest of the family into silence I'm going to assume Tsurugi is working against Joubin in that one chapter just before the 7 days started.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Joshu kicked Paisley Park over to the outlet, meaning Joshu is now the hero.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It was only a month break but it feels like an eternity since the last chapter. Glad to have JoJo back

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
gently caress me that was heavy. Unironically Top 10 manga betrayals of all time material.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What the loving poo poo

e: gotta make sure I kill as many people as possible, including my dad, so that my dad doesn't have to die to save my son from a disease, largely because I want better seats at baseball games

I'm really not sure if there's any kind of ending here satisfying enough to make up for all the bullshit that Jobin has done and been responsible for during this entire part.

Fuckin a

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 19, 2020

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Chapter link

https://mangadex.org/chapter/833525/1

since Joubin is the one to kill Norisuke and intimidate the rest of the family into silence I'm going to assume Tsurugi is working against Joubin in that one chapter just before the 7 days started.

There is a lot about that flash forward that makes zero sense now. Why is the family unaware that Norisuke is dead? And how does Tsurugi look so normal despite being a complete mess hours earlier? Either it's a stand attack or the rokakaka hybrid does some wild poo poo.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Pigbuster posted:

There is a lot about that flash forward that makes zero sense now. Why is the family unaware that Norisuke is dead? And how does Tsurugi look so normal despite being a complete mess hours earlier? Either it's a stand attack or the rokakaka hybrid does some wild poo poo.

Rokakaka affects time. We have our time-fuckery now. It is written.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Pigbuster posted:

What if it ends up putting holes in everyone's brains so they can't remember except Tsurugi who ended up healed and fused with someone, maybe with Jobin, who now has to go and dispose of the body

Or it'll be something else that will or won't get explained and we'll just keep on going regardless :v:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Doesn't what's-her-name have a stand that specifically can remove memories? Not sure how it would be triggered here but it's also an option.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

Doesn't what's-her-name have a stand that specifically can remove memories? Not sure how it would be triggered here but it's also an option.

there's an awful lot of fussing going on

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

What if it ends up putting holes in everyone's brains so they can't remember except Tsurugi who ended up healed and fused with someone, maybe with Jobin, who now has to go and dispose of the body

Or it'll be something else that will or won't get explained and we'll just keep on going regardless :v:

we gotta get King Crimson somehow

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
My friend was like "I can't believe Norisuke is dead" despite that we've known that and have been in flashbacks within flashbacks for like 2 years now

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

somepartsareme posted:

My friend was like "I can't believe Norisuke is dead" despite that we've known that and have been in flashbacks within flashbacks for like 2 years now

I think most people didn't buy it at first and thought it was a fakeout.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think most people didn't buy it at first and thought it was a fakeout.

In fairness it still could be?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

goth smoking cloves posted:

In fairness it still could be?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking because of the panels focusing on Paper Moon King before the flashback.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'd forgotten about Norisuke dying right up to the moment Jobin tapped him. Then it clicked we were going full circle.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not sure why Jobin couldn’t just explain that surfer dude attacked him and Tsurugi and that he killed them to protect the family. I mean Norisuke was considering throwing Yasuho back into the toilet and killing a family friend, how is killing someone actively attacking you going too far?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Come to think of it, didn't Yasuho have some temporary amnesia when Jobin lightly attacked her several several chapters back? I remember it was enough that she got knocked out and couldn't remember what happened.

RatHat posted:

Not sure why Jobin couldn’t just explain that surfer dude attacked him and Tsurugi and that he killed them to protect the family. I mean Norisuke was considering throwing Yasuho back into the toilet and killing a family friend, how is killing someone actively attacking you going too far?

It's because Jobin is an extremely deadly entitled manchild who thinks he is owed everything and has decided to act before he thinks because he believes he is on the correct path rather than thinking things through and realizing just how stupid he's being.

He's every entitled rich rear end in a top hat ever with the power to even more easily get away with murder.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 20, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

He takes after his mother. That complete lack of hesitation to take extreme action to protect her child is exactly what motivated him to killing his father, even though one of the stated reasons he was going through with the Rokakka anything was to spare his father dying to protect Tsurugi.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
„Self-described surfer”

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I just wanted to say another manga I'm reading started getting scanlated by HWMN and I can't stop noticing all the annoying HWMN-isms. It was less than 10 chapters to a "gehoh gehoh"

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

somepartsareme posted:

I just wanted to say another manga I'm reading started getting scanlated by HWMN and I can't stop noticing all the annoying HWMN-isms. It was less than 10 chapters to a "gehoh gehoh"

roukacaka

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Reading other people ranking the JoJo parts, it seems that Part 6 is very polarizing. It's always either at the top (or 2nd to the top) or at the bottom (or 2nd to the bottom).

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
I love Part 6 because, well, first off, I like the ending. It reminds me of Lynchian melancholic happy endings. But also I think it's the funniest part, considering Araki pretty much decided that stands can affect the whole world now, so we get some REALLY dumb poo poo.
I can see how people might dislike it, but I think everyone can agree that Jolyne loving rules.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Jolyne is a good JoJo trapped in a bad Part.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Part 6 has a lot of false starts and dead ends where its pretty obvious Araki changed his mind, but while its plot wavers it's one of the most thematically strong and consistent parts. It also absolutely nails its ending.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I love how the back half of part 6 feels like Araki responding to people saying Pt5's final fight felt rushed and anti-climatic, by making an absolute knockdown brawl of a final fight.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I disagree about the ending, not to start another argument about it. I don't think the things people like to read into it are really established dramatically within Part 6 very much at all to the point that it feels like people might as well be reading tea leaves, and the denouement is just too short and incomplete to really fill in any gaps. I'm not a guy who insists on plot focus but there's just not enough of an idea of what's actually going on in that last scene to make any statements people take out of it resonate with me.

But Jolyne turning herself into a Mobius strip is like, my favorite thing any JoJo ever does

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I just think that Part 6 has too many bad fights to justify a "villain of the week" format. I also didn't care for the ending but I see the cool factor in it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Did you think Jolyne Cujoh demonstrated girl power when she turned into a snail and got barrelled down by the Miami Dolphins?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Or when she got turned really tiny and forced to dress like a mouse

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yes

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

We can all at least agree that Part 6 hosted the worst Stand battle in JoJo history, Dragon's Dream, right?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I think Part 6 has a genuinely bad start. Really not a fan of Whitesnake's first appearance.

Things kick into high gear soon, though. There's almost no fight starting with Marilyn Manson which is not incredibly awesome (notable exception: Dragon's Dream. I WILL die on this hill), and I love the absolutely frantic global mayhem of the finale.

Would've loved some more shared time with Weather Report though, and Anasui, while delivering some of the best scenes of Part 6, could've used some work

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

TheLoneStar posted:

We can all at least agree that Part 6 hosted the worst Stand battle in JoJo history, Dragon's Dream, right?

After watching the anime I would say Baby Face is probably worse. Dragon's Dream can be second worst though.

Part 6 is tied for my favorite part with 4. Too much of it is just awesome for me to put it any lower.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

TheLoneStar posted:

I didn’t care for Urban Guerrilla, though maybe it won’t be so dull on a reread.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think the beginning part of Part 6 will benefit from having a bit of space away from the end of Part 5. That's just a lotta fighting all at once.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TheLoneStar posted:

Dragon's Dream was below average but not miserably so. Part 5 had more than a couple fights that were just as bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

the worst Stand fight is absolutely in Part 3