Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiftless
May 18, 2005

If you are all wondering how this thing is going to spread in Florida, my mother in law in Naples got free gloves when walking into Publix. I guess they were handing them out and they have a person wiping down each cart which is nice. When she was done shopping, she took them home decided they were great and were still perfect to be reused -- "I just turned them inside out" is what she said...

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My wifes company is sending out propaganda

I mean, you might.

Yeah I think that stopped being true like 3 weeks ago.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

Is anyone grabbing an emergency stack of cash in case networks become fucky?

Living overseas, I am very tempted to just max out my CC and just forget about it while I watch the sky glow from across the Pacific.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

shiftless posted:

If you are all wondering how this thing is going to spread in Florida, my mother in law in Naples got free gloves when walking into Publix. I guess they were handing them out and they have a person wiping down each cart which is nice. When she was done shopping, she took them home decided they were great and were still perfect to be reused -- "I just turned them inside out" is what she said...

:psyduck:

That only works with underwear

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Spinz posted:

I had a headache the other day and was able to talk myself out of freaking out and I'm still gratified by that triumph.

Mom insisting on walking the 2 drat little housedogs all over suburbia, I'm wondering if COVID will be on their feet and snouts. They live on the couch with her.

gently caress
anyone know if I should try to wipe them off?

Contracting the virus from that seems incredibly unlikely

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have a dry cough almost daily because everything sets it off. I also always have body aches. And feel feverish due to a chronic illness that's put my thermoregulation out of whack. So I have to out my money on sore throat of I want to decide I might have it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
My partner tells me she feels dizzy and weird this morning and her forehead seems warm. cool cool cool cool cool cool.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Fat Orange piece of poo poo just called it the Chinese Virus again wtf America?!?!?!?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I have rice with a Best By date of like 4 months ago. Still fine right?

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Rolo posted:

White rice keeps basically indefinitely, brown rice might taste funky but it'll still be fine.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Tramp saying anything new.. I'm breaking social isolation by talkign to a buddy in CA

schmug
May 20, 2007

Rolo posted:

yeah dude it's fine by months. some might be a little crunchy, but cook away

schmug
May 20, 2007

tater_salad posted:

Tramp saying anything new.. I'm breaking social isolation by talkign to a buddy in CA

he was doing "fine" until he just had to get in the slur again. Also tax deadline now July 15.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this is a very good article to read if somehow your feelings of anxiety and horror are at a temporary low

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/the-story-of-a-coronavirus-infection.html

quote:

You call a friend and arrange to meet for lunch. It’s unseasonably springlike, so you choose a place with outdoor seating, which seems like it should be safer. As usual, you take all reasonable precautions: You use hand sanitizer, sit a good distance from other customers, and try to avoid touching your face, though that last part is hard. A part of you suspects that this whole thing might be overblown.

What you don’t know is that ten days ago, your friend’s father was a guest of his business partner at the University Club, where he caught the novel coronavirus from the wife of a cryptocurrency speculator. Three days after that, he coughed into his hand before opening the door of his apartment to welcome his son home. The saliva of COVID-19 patients can harbor half a trillion virus particles per teaspoon, and a cough aerosolizes it into a diffuse mist. As your friend walked through the door he took a breath and 32,456 virus particles settled onto the lining of his mouth and throat...

Mozi fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 20, 2020

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

NihilismNow posted:

White rice keeps basically indefinitely, brown rice might taste funky but it'll still be fine.

It’s white and I kept the bag rolled up with a clip on it so I’m gonna dive into it.

Going to the store to finish off my prep.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Rolo posted:

It’s white and I kept the bag rolled up with a clip on it so I’m gonna dive into it.

Going to the store to finish off my prep.

be safe my friend, it's a zoo out there already. Went when the stores opened this morning and am still recovering from an anxiety attack(EST)

fake edit: this was like my fourth or fifth trip for just last minute poo poo and still spent $600 on booze and stuff.. lmao I'm going be poached

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

tater_salad posted:

Can you get an order from amazon / petco / chewie or whatever.
Just a heads up for pet people, Chewy.com is currently really slow in fulfilling orders.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Cuomo says New Yorkers could potentially have to be at home for 4 months. Very cool and good

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Clavavisage posted:

the only way to play soon is by your implant Amazon Bezos Fast Pay Whole Food spinal transference device

Lowtax is gonna starve :smith:

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

I mean, you might.

This makes me feel a lot better about my relationship issues with corona.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Mozi posted:

this is a very good article to read if somehow your feelings of anxiety and horror are at a temporary low

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/the-story-of-a-coronavirus-infection.html

JESUS loving CHRIST this is some dark poo poo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
"lemon non-essential travel"

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mozi posted:

Oh my gosh I get my own number and everything!

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CAMELOT331/status/1240743954246709265

gamestop essential travel.

some dumbass decided to sneak in their internal conference call and record this poo poo. I think it's likely gamestop gonna get burnt to the ground by gov't here.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

bird with big dick posted:

I mean, you might.

oh no big deal nothing to see here... oh wait 3.5% MORTALITY RATE JESUS gently caress

schmug posted:

Fat Orange piece of poo poo just called it the Chinese Virus again wtf America?!?!?!?

He's doing the tried and true deflection to put blame anywhere but on himself.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Just a heads up for pet people, Chewy.com is currently really slow in fulfilling orders.

I ordered my food on Saturday. I got my orders yesterday. Usually it would have been here Monday.

All things considered, they're doing a wonderful job but yeah. It is a bit slower than normal.

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

Folding@home stats page is back on https://stats.foldingathome.org/teams

SAGoons is #49 on the top 100 list. Once they find a cure, we can definitely take all the credit!

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
I went to Wal-mart yesterday to hoard diet soda.

Immediately inside the store I discovered a line of carts over a hundred people long standing and waiting for... something. When I asked someone in line what they were waiting for, they told me there was a rumor that they were about to distribute toilet paper and everyone was there for a chance to get some. About half the shelves were empty and there was an air of barely-controlled fear throughout the store. I was there for about 30 minutes. The line continued to grow throughout my visit and stretched around the store by the time I left.

Got home and a local restaurant posted on FB that they are selling their meat stocks to the public and scored some unbelievable deals. They put "1/2lb burgers (4pk)" for $8 and I thought it'd be 4 patties but nope, it's 4 packs of 4 patties or 8lbs of high-quality burgers for $8. They also sold a bunch of those huge commercial toilet paper rolls and now I'm chilling with some TP the size of truck tires waiting on my burgs to cook.

BTW looks like school in FL is going to be shut down the rest of the school year. From what I can gather (people are, uh, uncertain right now) students are all going to log in to the "Edgenuity" platform used for credit recovery during summer school and do the modules for the 4th quarter of their classes while teachers basically answer questions via email.

I'm not about to put up with this as my only interaction with students, we were just about to start WWII so I guess it's time for JS's video lectures about the time period when we as a people said, "gently caress the Nazis, let's kill them all."

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Philthy posted:

oh no big deal nothing to see here... oh wait 3.5% MORTALITY RATE JESUS gently caress

Confirmed cases =/= cases, there are very limited numbers of tests and there will be many people who get it and recover without ever being tested.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

https://twitter.com/CAMELOT331/status/1240743954246709265

gamestop essential travel.

some dumbass decided to sneak in their internal conference call and record this poo poo. I think it's likely gamestop gonna get burnt to the ground by gov't here.

You sure it was a random person and not someone pissed that the other people weren't taking it seriously? A lot of companies that haven't closed yet have a divide forming as more pressure mounts and people are more hop on the worry train while looking at other countries numbers and the number of closed cities.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

So from what I've heard of the white house press conference so far is, multiple people calling it 'chinese virus', blaming immigrants, and patting the presidents back for all the fantastic work he's doing. Complete and utter bullshit as normal.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Baller Time posted:

Hey, if enough people in the US die than maybe your employers will have to treat their employees like humans to retain them!

Hey, worked for the black plague survivors.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mustached5thGrader posted:

I am probably going to kill myself

FYI don’t post poo poo like this itt

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Can any other Cali goons elaborate on the new statewide lock down? Is outdoor exercise still allowed, or are we literally supposed to stay at home unless going out for medical care or supplies?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Burt Sexual posted:

FYI don’t post poo poo like this itt

But also feel free to reach out to me via PM to talk if you want, we are all scared fellow goon.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Rad-daddio posted:

Can any other Cali goons elaborate on the new statewide lock down? Is outdoor exercise still allowed, or are we literally supposed to stay at home unless going out for medical care or supplies?

Hi
Unfortunately the Governor said its not going to be enforced.
I expect when we hit 10 thousand dead it will be.
I read it and I think he means stay inside.
Frankly I think he made the right call but should have put some teeth into it, gently caress

Its coming

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm going to work out in the yard (remember I'm older and an ex smoker)
The 3 hours aerosol factoid is a mf

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Spinz posted:

Hi
Unfortunately the Governor said its not going to be enforced.
I expect when we hit 10 thousand dead it will be.
I read it and I think he means stay inside.
Frankly I think he made the right call but should have put some teeth into it, gently caress

Its coming

Yeah, that's what I read from it too. I was hoping to get out and go for a run today, but i wasn't sure if it was okay.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
My workplace allows people take 5 days of paid sick leave without a doctor's note despite the fact that everyone has been ordered to work remotely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Hell yeah! Harbor Freight is open even though all nonessential stores are closed locally. I needed some wet/dry paper and they were there in my time of need. However, I wanted a new p95 respirator in case I spray paint this weekend but it appears people bought all them along with the n95s.