Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mnoba posted:

lowtax has been eerily absent lately

he's been talking to folks on facebook because he's stuck in the house and I don't really blame him. That's a normal thing to do. It's what everyone else is doin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

bird with big dick posted:

If NYC was a country it would now be 6th in the world in number of confirmed cases.

turmps speech today mentioned how people with covid are fleeing nyc in droves and invading the heartlands of america

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Mnoba posted:

a state of the goonion address would be nice. Is he alive, are the forums okay etc.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
He'll reappear when he wants money.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dear Watson posted:

turmps speech today mentioned how people with covid are fleeing nyc in droves and invading the heartlands of america

Have they tried shooting them?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

My hours just changed from 3p-11p to "Print your jobs and leave, we'll still mark you down for 8 hrs."

Feels real weird.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mnoba posted:

If all these goons weren't complete assholes to him whenever he posted then he'd probably post here more often

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Disgusting Coward posted:

He'll reappear when he wants money.

I have the same habit

And jesus the animosity some of you have.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Hazo posted:

Is it a violation of the bloodlust rule to laugh at anyone dumb enough to believe anything president dipshit says, especially if it’s a recommendation to drink aquarium additives?

Trump was talking about a drug with a name similar to fish tank cleaner, but which is not actually fish tank cleaner, a fact missed by the dead guy, the media, and apparently you

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Its not possible someone stupid enough to listen to trump was stupid enough to kill themselves by eating pet supplies

Trumps pronunciation must have been perfect too, a goober who can't say china is now throwing out drug names

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Have they tried shooting them?

they didn't mention it, I'm not sure trumps even a good shot though

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Dear Watson posted:

I didn't listen to the speech, but fwiw it's true. I'm appalled how many people I know here in NYC left a week or two ago to go back to their 60something parents' houses.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
yeah I kinda assumed it would be. I'd run away too.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
COVID-19 prank challenge update: some fuckwit walked into a police station in Australia, claimed to have coronavirus and coughed on a 71 year old staff member while his buddy filmed the whole thing.

quote:

While inquiries were being made regarding the man’s claims, the police station was closed, and the necessary isolation protocols were put in place.

Upon further inquiries, it was revealed the man did not have the virus.

Officers from Coffs/Clarence Police District arrested a 21-year-old man at the station, where he was charged with stalk/intimidate intend fear physical harm, and resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty.

The Coffs Harbour man was granted strict conditional bail and is due to appear in Coffs Harbour Local Court on Wednesday 6 May 2020.
https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/...CZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Stanford called and there's an opening tomorrow for a neuropsych examination. My wife has decided that it's worth the risk because otherwise we're waiting until July.

Hopefully it will be ok, because it's not part of the main hospital. Masks and gloves on the way in and out.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Add coal, if it goes fast enough it might only crush every other person!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

JK Fresco posted:

Trump was talking about a drug with a name similar to fish tank cleaner, but which is not actually fish tank cleaner, a fact missed by the dead guy, the media, and apparently you

The fish tank cleaners active ingredient is chloroquine phosphate which is the malaria drug.

It’s not just a “similar name” and if you can’t back up your claim you should be banned.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Man, remember when you were a kid, and the ending of the velveteen rabbit was so sad, because they took the rabbit that had disease on it and threw it in the fire. You probably cried and stuff. And you had no idea that when you were a grown-up that the US president was gonna do that to your grandma

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pick posted:

Man, remember when you were a kid, and the ending of the velveteen rabbit was so sad, because they took the rabbit that had disease on it and threw it in the fire. You probably cried and stuff. And you had no idea that when you were a grown-up that the US president was gonna do that to your grandma

And the best thing, every monetary crisis from now on will be 'we need to sacrifice more olds, remember the Patriots of 2020!'
The US is going to be Logan's Run within 2 generations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"from m now on". Your optimism is appreciated

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
maybe she'll get reincarnated as a company and then she'll be real

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Lube banjo posted:

Are these guys (trump et al.) just trying to grift the government's 6 trillion$ bill to feed certain companies ?

They're trying for the complete US budget of course, but the war is won by winning battles.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Pick posted:

The rabbit turns into an actual rabbit and lives though through fairy magic.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It’s hosed up that we went a hundred years without that story being relevant to (Western European / North American) kids and now it’s super relevant again.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The fish tank cleaners active ingredient is chloroquine phosphate which is the malaria drug.

It’s not just a “similar name” and if you can’t back up your claim you should be banned.

There’s more pressure for fact checking on the something awful forums than there is on the actual US President. What a world. :allears:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If all these goons weren't complete assholes to him whenever he posted then he'd probably post here more often

If people had good posts he would come here more often more like

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

If I said alcohol is fun to drink and you started chugging rubbing alcohol, who is responsible for the results?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Frank Sidebottom posted:

If I said alcohol is fun to drink and you started chugging rubbing alcohol, who is responsible for the results?

What does that have to do with JK being factually wrong?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Telsa Cola posted:

The rabbit turns into an actual rabbit and lives though through fairy magic.

tbh I think my parents ripped that part out

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Saying a pharmecutical has promise in treating covid is not remotely an endorsement to drink fish tank cleaner. If you cannot grasp the difference between the two, congrats, you have the same analytic capacity of a dude who drank fish tank cleaner.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Frank Sidebottom posted:

Saying a pharmecutical has promise in treating covid is not remotely an endorsement to drink fish tank cleaner. If you cannot grasp the difference between the two, congrats, you have the same intellectual capacity of a dude who drank fish tank cleaner.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

To be fair that guy definitely isn't going to get the roni now.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Frank Sidebottom posted:

Saying a pharmecutical has promise in treating covid is not remotely an endorsement to drink fish tank cleaner. If you cannot grasp the difference between the two, congrats, you have the same analytic capacity of a dude who drank fish tank cleaner.

dick bird isn't talking about it being an endorsement he's talking about how people are saying it's not the same chemical compound

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Frank and JK should stop chudding up our nice thread with their straw men and lies.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Technically, the antimalarial that Trump mentioned was hydroxychloroquine--a less toxic lethal version of chloroquine :ironicat:

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
This is just me, but I think the President of the United States of America has a responsibility to communicate clearly and effectively, especially in times of crisis, and it’s ok to critique him when he fails to do so.

This includes knowing when not to say things. In this case giving vague and poorly-substantiated medical directives out to a panicky population is actually a bad thing, and it was predictable that a bad outcome would result. Most Americans don’t have detailed knowledge of pharmacology, and it was possible to anticipate that chemical names are confusing and someone would confuse them. This is why we have prescriptions filled by pharmacists and we don’t just tell people to go pick their medications out of a huge array of inscrutably named chemicals.

Technically yes, the old people bought the stuff and drank it, the ultimate responsibility for those actions lies in their choices. But isn’t he supposed to be a leader? A leader is responsible for the actions of the followers. If I’m a manager and I give bad instructions to my employees, and then they do bad work, that’s my fault. Being a leader is a position of responsibility, and it means taking responsibility for even unanticipated outcomes.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm pretty sure Trump has used both interchangeably at some point.

People take fish antibiotics. What is it that we don't know about the fish healthcare system that they aren't telling us. :thunk: