Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Thinking about it, there's still a few people outside of the building because of Quanxi though. American Hunter should be the worst off but he actually doesn't seem that hurt despite falling on a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Insane chapter

Seems like Tolka’s master is the real Santa and old man was a doll. Inheriting doesn’t seem right to me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it also matches the old man's request - she needs kids to call down the Hell Devil so she wanted to restock her supply after this was all over

she probably uses the surviving one as another "apprentice," which calls her age into question, but this lady's so packed with devil mojo i wouldn't be surprised if the grim reaper's scared to go near her

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

This was an appropriately "what the heck" first appearance for a Hell devil.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

so the official translation's phrasing of the Hell Devil's command has the plan make a lot more sense: send every living thing in the mall to hell

she got tolka to kill denji, dolled him up, and then summoned the hell devil before denji could re-rez, which means that the mall is now probably just a crater with denji's still-dead body awaiting retrieval

meanwhile she can continue to pick off the remaining hunters in hell using tolka as her proxy

Except that way, Kishibe, Yoshida, and Makima are in position for the save.

That seems a very questionable plan. In fact, as a general policy, any plan that puts your mission at a higher risk of Makima is a bad plan.

Meanwhile, if Denji is in Hell, his three most powerful defenders are off the table for now.

Not saying it's impossible for that to be how it goes, but... seems odd.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

My next question is. Is she working for the USSR as Tolka's master or is she working for the Germans as the "real Santa". Both? Neither?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

She's working for the greatest enemy of them all, finns

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
ch. 64: the arms spell out makima

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Speedscan of ch 64

https://imgur.com/a/ZxhBJlX

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I don't know what the gently caress is going on but it looks hella rad :megadeath:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
This is getting even more weird.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

This is getting even more weird.

I was like "impossible!"
Then I read the chapter.

Well at least the Darkness Devil looks fantastic.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I love this manga so much.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Darkness Devil's design is incredible.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

So rad, I'm loving this.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
someday i wish to be so metal that i spontaneously generate a procession of dimensionally bisected astronauts

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love this

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Hands open doors!

The panel at the start of Denji’s goofy death face is still funny

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Mraagvpeine posted:

The Shadow/Darkness Devil, and I may as well throw in the elemental ones: Fire, Water, Lightning/Thunder, Ice, Wind, Earth

Oh hey, I called this Devil. And boy did he not disappoint.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Glad Darkness Devil is merciful enough to disarm its opponents instead of killing them.

Also...Denji is in hell. Fell on the wrong side of that argument.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Glad Darkness Devil is merciful enough to disarm its opponents instead of killing them.

Also...Denji is in hell. Fell on the wrong side of that argument.

Don't feel too bad about it.

After all, this whole situation is...

Mostly 'armless.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chainsaw man's so good

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

chainsaw man's so good

It's also frequently insane.

The two might be connected.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
edit: I'm dumb

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 29, 2020

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oh wow I was kinda expecting primal fear devils above Gun but wasn't expecting them soon. And goddamn that is is some trippy metal poo poo.

Got a pet theory given Makima's thing with rats she's connected to the plague/disease/filth devil who'd probably also be in that weight class.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Mangaplus link

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006426

I like how the lines on the hand at the end are connected to the actual panel.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

Oh wow I was kinda expecting primal fear devils above Gun but wasn't expecting them soon. And goddamn that is is some trippy metal poo poo.

Got a pet theory given Makima's thing with rats she's connected to the plague/disease/filth devil who'd probably also be in that weight class.

makima's definitely running multiple contracts, my money's still on the Heights Devil as the one who helped her kill sawatari's boys

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I heard from someone that the 2-page spread of everyone's arms flying into the air spell out Makima. I don't see it.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

here's a super lovely attempt I just did

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
And here I just assumed it was in Japanese

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The mak part was easy to see. The rest was much more difficult.

I wonder why everyone wants Makima

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

So much buildup for what is going on with Makima. I hope it is even more wild than we guess.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
In light of the current circumstances, I just can't stop thinking about the line from an earlier chapter, "the last thing you hear in Hell is a chainsaw."

I get the feeling that bringing Denji to Hell is a really bad idea. For everyone.

And I can't fuckin' wait :unsmigghh:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

makima's definitely running multiple contracts, my money's still on the Heights Devil as the one who helped her kill sawatari's boys

I saw someone theorize she was running two devils for that one alone. Every other hand sign we see is one handed. Meanwhile, that one had two. It would also explain a little more about the blindfolds. Even if people didn't know what devils the signs matched, seeing a pair combined like that would ...suggest things.

As for her overall deal, I'd bet money on her being a hybrid like Denji and Reze. If she was a fiend, there'd be a sign looking at her head. Even if she was a devil of humanity or something, she couldn't contract.

But if she's a hybrid? Well, then you got immortality to cover the train incident, and you also have her emotional responses to the movies matching Denji's explained neat as neat. And if she's got something nasty, it explains why she's able to so easily dragoon high level devils into her employment.

In summary: Makima is terrifying.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Makima hasn't even appeared in the last few chapters but every week i'm left thinking "drat, Makima seems so cool. What's her deal!?!"

Can't wait for her fight against true Santa.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Every time I feel like giving this manga up because the characters aren't that interesting there's a panel like the bisected astronaut chorus that reminds me why I read it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

If Denji is just the heart, I wonder if we'll see the rest.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I wonder if there's a seperate gun and bullet devil.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

If Denji is just the heart, I wonder if we'll see the rest.

Its probably behind the door he sees in his dreams, it fits with the hell motif weve seen where devils are behind doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Found this on the web. About what the arms spell out.