Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Next up: Bill Simmons' new podcast on that hot new show everyone is talking about called The Sopranos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

R.D. Mangles posted:

the ringer did a karate kid podcast, FINALLY i can hear what bill simmons thinks about the karate kid

*45 minute tangent comparing Pat Morita to Malik Rose*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I went to moms Venus in .. 1998 ? And stood next to Reggie Jackson for like 5 minutes

He’s really short !

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

euphronius posted:

I went to moms Venus in .. 1998 ? And stood next to Reggie Jackson for like 5 minutes

He’s really short !

Wikipedia says he's 6'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

morestuff posted:

The one time I listed to a Rewatchable it was basically 60 minutes of the hosts confirming they had watched the movie

Definitionally they should have watched it at least twice.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

this is my favorite video/joke of the last six months, easily

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I remember Mike Tyson always being listed as somewhere between 5'10" and six feet. My brother, who was 5'10", and me were ten feet away from him as he got out of his car outside of a strip club in Vegas. He was clearly shorter than my brother, it wasn't even close.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

He’s really short !

According to google maps, Mons Venus is located in between a car wash and a Denny's.

Did you go to the Denny's before or after the strip club

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

According to google maps, Mons Venus is located in between a car wash and a Denny's.

Did you go to the Denny's before or after the strip club

This was 1998 lmao and we were breaking a (lightly enforced) curfew so .. I don’t think I went to Denny’s

I did once go to a Waffle House in the 1990s on like 4 hits of acid it was wild

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
The first episode of the mariners video series is amazing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ilmucche posted:

One error they mention nothing good about the Pilots but they did give us "ahh shitfuck".

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I remember Mike Tyson always being listed as somewhere between 5'10" and six feet. My brother, who was 5'10", and me were ten feet away from him as he got out of his car outside of a strip club in Vegas. He was clearly shorter than my brother, it wasn't even close.

It is amazing how many athletes still have worked heights.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ilmucche posted:

I expect nothing less from Jon. The man is a treasure.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Hes probably 5'10. Theres a picture of him next to Joe Rogan, who is 5'8 and hes about 2" taller. I actually just had to google that, since I couldn't think of any other short people he might be pictured with.

Also mons venus is a shithole like every other tampa club but hilarious poo poo goes down there.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

ilmucche posted:

i hope it’s not on a weekly release schedule; if it’s finished they should put it out daily to capitalize on the number of nerds either laid off or working from home right now

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Man I really hate Bill Simmons

[listens to Bill Simmons voluntarily and uses many of the same stupid ranking techniques]

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think my favorite Simmons thing is what a foundation movie The World According to Garp is for him

He was a latchkey kid and his entire cultural frame of reference was shaped by whatever happened to air on HBO from roughly 1982 to 1986

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 29, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Man I really hate Bill Simmons

[listens to Bill Simmons voluntarily and uses many of the same stupid ranking techniques]

i’m just indignant that he gets paid so much to basically gently caress around and galaxy brain his dumb half baked takes

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Declan MacManus posted:

i’m just indignant that he gets paid so much to basically gently caress around and galaxy brain his dumb half baked takes

yeah, i'm jealous af too. i want money for my dumb ideas.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

a deadspin article cropped up on my fb feed because i forgot to unlike them but woof

https://mobile.twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1244626480212082690?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

who on earth is their copy editor and why is he letting them get away with those long rear end titles

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Let's remember some games

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
It's like something from a 2002-era retro pop-culture site, as written by a third-rate Seanbaby impersonator.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I hope sports comes back in time for vichy deadspin to try and do a why your team sucks series.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Calling it vichy deadspin is pretty drat :godwin:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

ilmucche posted:

I hope sports comes back in time for vichy deadspin to try and do a why your team sucks series.

Why your team from the location which you live in sucks but in a list that I will share periodically in order of magnitude of the metric I refer to as "Suck", but it's mostly subjective.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

a deadspin article cropped up on my fb feed because i forgot to unlike them but woof

https://mobile.twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1244626480212082690?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

who on earth is their copy editor and why is he letting them get away with those long rear end titles

Speaking of copy editors, check out the main 'filed to' there:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
That Jesse Spector guy is a work of art

https://twitter.com/jessespector/status/1244699312023654401

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Speaking of copy editors, check out the main 'filed to' there:

Why was Sega afraid of their competitor? Because 7 8 NINE TEN DO

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Every one of these headlines (and that tweet) reads like the Jon Bois NFL overtime rules tweet.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

basically nobody is left at whatever sports illustrated is at this point

https://twitter.com/sarafischer/status/1244738657212301313

https://twitter.com/themantz/status/1244728564295110662

https://twitter.com/jackdickey/status/1244742095887351808

E: they laid off half their staff in October and at this point SI is down to 1 magazine a month that's closed 3 weeks before print.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Magazines are good and losing them is not worth whatever we are getting from internet monopolies

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Ballard out too

https://twitter.com/si_chrisballard/status/1244790799537070080?s=21

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sports Vaguely Recounted

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

He wrote some tournament of sports logos thing this week:

quote:

95. Chicago Cubs

Who are the “UBS”? How is this not something that everyone has had a problem with for generations?

Because... they can see the “C?”

I’ve heard just about every insult about the Chicago Cubs imaginable and I’ve never heard anyone complain that they can’t read the logo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

General Dog posted:

Sports Vaguely Recounted

The annual sports issue.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Today's Deadspin article complaining about continued construction on the Raider's new stadium erroneously identified Mark Davis as a billionaire :lol:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I've spent two days trying to parse this and I'm still not sure what he's asking.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I've spent two days trying to parse this and I'm still not sure what he's asking.

Player who you knowingly overrate because you are such a big fan ie my steadfast commitment that Emmitt Smith is the greatest running back in the history of football and much better than notorious loser of yards and football games Barry Sanders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RC and Moon Pie posted:

He's asking for twitter to basically write an article for him

E: and what MV said