Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

At first I thought 'nice, it's rad that he's learning a new language now', but then it came to me and oh gently caress. I really hope this isn't a done deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Venomous posted:

At first I thought 'nice, it's rad that he's learning a new language now', but then it came to me and oh gently caress. I really hope this isn't a done deal.

Oh god, I hadn't considered that. gently caress.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It's not cancelled. It's happening with no spectators. It's live on DDT Universe

The first match just kicked off, btw.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

...why do they have the guardrails up?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

...why do they have the guardrails up?

or the intermission?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Just found KANON & Ryuya Takekura vs. Arata & Tamura Hayato and its the kind of sloppy big boy stuff I love. Arata is this tiny little guy, KANON is kinda middlin but Takekura and Hyato are just heavy plates.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Inokiism has returned and it's brought Rene Dupree with it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They've passed the five minute call literally just staring at each other

E: ten minutes!!
E2: fifteen minutes and Fujita just moved to the other corner this rules

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 29, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So. Lemme get this straight.

NOAH did a 60 minute match where the first 30 minutes was just them staring at each other?

That's the greatest thing I've ever heard.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The second thirty minutes were almost as bizarre

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ChocoPro is now up in full: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yujn4ORiN48

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It's not cancelled. It's happening with no spectators. It's live on DDT Universe

J-Ro posted:

The first match just kicked off, btw.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They've passed the five minute call literally just staring at each other

E: ten minutes!!
E2: fifteen minutes and Fujita just moved to the other corner this rules
So I was reading these posts last night and thought, "wow, DDT is really one of the most creative companies in the world" and then I wake up this morning and read this

MJeff posted:

So. Lemme get this straight.

NOAH did a 60 minute match where the first 30 minutes was just them staring at each other?

That's the greatest thing I've ever heard.
and then just had ac omplete out of body experience

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think my fave part of the ChocoPro show is after Suzuki shows up and beats down Akki(who is seriously tough for taking those shots) he does a sitdown interview.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/martylyricfm/status/1244516443141611520?s=19

The match made the papers in Ireland lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who's the global international brand now? When's the last time NJPW made the papers in Ireland, huh? Checkmate, Okada.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Joey Janela’s “social distancing” GCW match made its way to the Japanese morning shows.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hell yeah Joey gonna get that DDT bookings when the world goes back to normal in a year

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DDT's Australian trainee Jordan Heatley (you may have noticed a big white guy at ringside or at their shows if you've been) has to go back to Australia for family reasons so his debut match against Konosuke Takeshita on April 4th is also his send off match. He plans to keep wrestling in Australia though.

Also Katsuhiko Nakajima made the BBC website for showing up to his Wrestle-1 title match in a facemask. It's been a big media week for AXIZ with Go showing up in the Irish media for his Fujita match

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 1, 2020

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was rewatching Fujita/Go and I got a chuckle at the GHC Parade of Champions going off the rails almost immediately. Misawa, Akiyama...Ogawa?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Tell me about great Katsuhiko Nakajima matches. He worked a G1, didn't he? How was it?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nakajima has really come into his own in the last three years since he's gone heel and gotten a perm. His G1 run was fine and he gave Michael Elgin probably the best match of his life.

I'd recommend his GHC title match with Takashi Sugiura in 2018 for an example of him at his dickhead best. The Aggression vs. Takuya Nomura & Hideyoshi Kamitami from Fortune Dream is probably the best tag team match I've ever seen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1245378788449497090

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Tell me about great Katsuhiko Nakajima matches. He worked a G1, didn't he? How was it?

He tagged with Kensuke Sasaki against Kobashi and Go Shiozaki as a kid in one of the absolute best matches of that era.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There anybody spicy from Wrestle-1 to watch out for to land in NJPW?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shotaro Ashino was their ace and could definitely be a main event player. He'll probably bring his partner Yusuke Kodama wherever he goes. Kodama is a creepy little gremlin that could be an excellent foil to Hiromu.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Champion Carnival has been cancelled.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Could someone recommend some good sources (podcast/book/blog/etc.) covering AJPW and other non-NJPW companies from the 70s/80s/90s? Or even individual wrestlers. Chris Charlton's books cover a little bit of everything, but was wondering if anyone had some more in-depth stuff to read up on/listen to during the quarantine era.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Unsurprising but poo poo.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

NOAH Tag League blocks are out

BLOCK A

Naomichi Marufuji & Masaaki Mochizuki
Kaito Kiyomiya & Shuhei Taniguchi
Kenoh & Masa Kitamiya
El Hijo de Dr Wagner Jr. & Rene Dupree

BLOCK B

AXIZ (Go Shiozaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima)
Takashi Sugiura & Hideki Shrek Sekine
The Anti-Wrestlers Alliance (Akitoshi Saito & Masao Inoue)
Daisuke Sekimoto & Yoshiki Inamura

In some good news this is still going ahead, and will be broadcast in its entirety on DDT Universe. I think it might be the first NOAH round robin to be broadcast in full?

https://twitter.com/PKDX/status/1245983721821368321?s=19

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Their first show is set for Sunday?

...okay. Welp.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

what percentage of DDT / NOAH / TJPW shows are broadcast in English? Trying to decide whether to bung down 900 yen a month

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
they don't have English commentary on anything; they experimented a few years ago with Haku doing stuff but they came to the conclusion that the live English twitter translations were more useful than delayed English commentary on only some shows - especially since Haku... wasn't the best at the commentary stuff and especially for DDT you need someone that knows the promotion well in that spot.

NOAH doesn't need English commentary though; it never really has complicated angles that are promo reliant: its pretty self-evident what the direction is without it. DDT needs the extra context at times but I find that the English twitter is more helpful than a lot of English commentary would be.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

harperdc posted:

Their first show is set for Sunday?

...okay. Welp.

It's all filmed in an empty studio

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Very sobering realization that the 2019 one may have been their last one :(

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

AJPW are doing a no people gate in place of the cancelled CC opener

Black Menso~re vs KAI

Koji Iwamoto & Tajiri vs Yusuke Okada & Hikaru Sato

Takao Omori vs Chikara

Yoshitatsu & Francisco Akira vs Izanagi & Shigehiro Irie

Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio vs Gianni Valletta

Jun Akiyama & Takashi Sugiura vs Hokuto Omori & Dan Tamura

We are ALL JAPAN Tag Match
Suwama & Kento Miyahara & Zeus vs Shuji Ishikawa & Jake Lee & Yuma Aoyagi

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It's all filmed in an empty studio

That’s at least marginally better.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Very sobering realization that the 2019 one may have been their last one :(

God that's miserable. I had wondered this but didn't really want to say it aloud.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dragongate are doing an empty arena show again tomorrow, headlined with the postponed GHC Tag Team title match

April 4th, 2020
Hyogo, Kobe Sambo Hall (Empty Arena)
The Gate of Passion 2020
Dragon Gate Network Live - 16:00JST (English Commentary) (8am BST, 3am EST)
dragongate.live

1. Masato Yoshino & Don Fujii & Ryo Saito & Gamma vs. Naruki Doi & Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi & Yasushi Kanda

2. Strong Machine J & Dragon Dia vs. Ho Ho Lun & Jimmy

3. Toryumon vs. DRAGONGATE
Ultimo Dragon & Susumu Yokosuka vs. Kzy & Kota Minoura

4. DRAGONGATE vs. R・E・D
YAMATO & Punch Tominaga vs. Eita & BxB Hulk

5. DRAGONGATE vs. R・E・D
Jason Lee & Yosuke♡Santa Maria & Keisuke Okuda vs. Big R Shimizu & Kaito Ishida & H・Y・O

6. GHC Tag Team Championship Match
Naomichi Marufuji (Pro Wrestling Noah) & Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Takashi Yoshida & Diamante

Honestly, much as I am excited for some wrestling to watch, god but having Marufuji & Mochizuki against Yoshida & Diamante seems like such a waste. Still, English commentary.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Are NOAH and Dragon Gate working together, or is Marifuji just dragging titles around wherever he wants to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Are NOAH and Dragon Gate working together, or is Marifuji just at the level he can drag whatever belt he wants around to other promotions

It's mainly just been Mochizuki working in NOAH this year, & I guess because of that NOAH are repaying the favour by having the belts & Marufuji turning up in DG. I don't think there were any DG guys in the Global Junior League which seems like a missed opportunity.