Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Musharraf posted:

And voting Bernie ain't gonna help prevent the inevitable decline and ruin of your capitalist shithole country, yet here we both are.

bye dude!

hope catjail is nice to ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

it would be really cool if everyone wore a mask so that we do everything we can possibly think of to keep each other safe. Even if it only reduces risk a little bit, even if 10 years from now people say we were dumb and it didn’t help. At least we tried

You think there's going to be people ten years from now?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sjs00 posted:

You think there's going to be people ten years from now?

:wanker:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

poverty goat posted:

Here's a new article about how folding@home is helping and on that note we need you to help SA stay at the top of the leaderboard because everyone else has started mining proteincoins again as well. There is constant work right now. Be sure to join team 150 and use a passkey for bonus points.

I joined this group just under a week ago and have over a million points it owns and everyone should fold extremely hardcore like me

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

My Shoes posted:

bye dude!

hope catjail is nice to ya
Excuse me? Do you think I will get probated for implying that Bernie Sanders will not become president? Or what did you mean?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Gianthogweed posted:

I don't think a more centrally controlled economy would have helped much either. The government is only as competent as the experts it relies upon for information. And experts were wrong pretty much across the board. You had The World Health Organization saying masks aren't necessary from the beginning and the Surgeon General was repeating that line until yesterday. The data on our supply inventory for important things such as Personal Protective Equipment and Ventilators was inaccurate or just outright missing for most of the hospitals. We still don't know exactly how many we have and how many we need, nor how long it will take to get enough into production. And the one thing that could relieve hospitals from the need of ventilators, a treatment, has also become a mountain of untrustworthy sources. There is so much disagreement and probably misinformation over the whole hydroxychloriquine/Z-Pack treatment that we still don't know for sure if it works or not. You've got so many Republicans blaming Democrats and Democrats blaming Republicans that it's impossible to get accurate information without political spin. The virus is winning through divide and conquer. You'd think that so common an enemy like a pandemic would unite us. But nope. We still hate each other more than ever. And to top it off, we're relying so heavily on China, which IS a very centrally controlled economy, for supplies and data and now that's backfiring hard.

gently caress off. I am so sick of people trying to both sides poo poo so they can pretend they don't know who the main offender is. It's Trump. It's the rear end in a top hat governors who refused to do poo poo (What's that? Those states had republican governors? That's shocking). The information is easily attainable and you pretending it isn't is a load of crap. Stop being dumb, understand the difference between facts that happen to make someone look bad and facts cherry picked and misrepresented to make someone look bad.

edit: Also you can't exactly unite when both sides are opposites. Like when one side is saying hey we should social distance and the others like but but but the economy! You can kind of see how those might not really work well together.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 4, 2020

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I usually give blood but I'm worried about going to a communal location that has had a lot of people come in. I'm sure they're wiping down the beds and doing a lot of cleaning but it's still a little scary. Tell me not to be a big bitch.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I usually give blood but I'm worried about going to a communal location that has had a lot of people come in. I'm sure they're wiping down the beds and doing a lot of cleaning but it's still a little scary. Tell me not to be a big bitch.

Be responsible, collect your own blood in a ziploc bag and mail it in.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
I sure am sick of this Corona virus.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Musharraf posted:

Excuse me? Do you think I will get probated for implying that Bernie Sanders will not become president? Or what did you mean?

No, but randomly stumbling in screaming about the inequities of the world and calling people "utter loving imbecile[s]" just might ya doofus

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Musharraf posted:

And voting Bernie ain't gonna help prevent the inevitable decline and ruin of your capitalist shithole country, yet here we both are.

This was probably the smartest thing you said, lol

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Musharraf posted:

No you'll be fine, this isn't DnD.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Musharraf posted:

Just saying goodbye before you went to catjail man. :lol:

Big Beef City posted:

No, but randomly stumbling in screaming about the inequities of the world and calling people "utter loving imbecile[s]" just might ya doofus

:hmmyes:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This thread needs to settle down quite a bit. Stop w the name calling and slapfights. Use it wisely folks.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
In lighter news, a nude beach near me got shut down

https://www.ksby.com/news/local-news/san-luis-harbor-patrol-disperses-a-large-crowd-at-pirates-cove

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

How are you gonna show your hog off now ?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Depends if you have any risk factors imo. And wear PPE the entire time, if they don't let you gently caress it then.
Its heroic of you to do it right now. What you should not be a little bitch about is being safe while doing it.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

My wife is a quilter and is now making masks for me and other family members. They aren't N95, but they fit well and are comfortable and some protection is better than no protection.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hmm.

quote:

I was the last one up the hill because I was packing up the bbq," Marres said.

Police obviously misread the sign:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

We Are All Gonna Diet time

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sweet thursday posted:

already ate most of the good food so yeah i guess so, soon, but tonight we are making moussaka pie

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Harminoff posted:

She's not local, she's on the other side of the country from me in Virginia. She's a traveling nurse so just goes to where she is assigned and just arrived there a couple weeks ago. She is currently on humira as she has really bad psoriasis ( her legs just look like a bunch of scabs)

I don't really know what options she has as her and her husband don't really have a home or anything. Housing is part of the package you get with the job.

Could she order her own PPE? She shouldn't need to do that, of course. It's stupid expensive, looks like they cost at least 3 times what US hospitals are willing to pay. But if she wants to keep working it is an option.

Someone in the aliexpress thread ordered these and got them in 3 days! (results not typical) https://www.wish.com/product/5e75d2de915b3437bd06833e

In the US with epacket shipping you should be able to get these in under a month:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000868507567.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33002045588.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000860123303.html

This one even claims to ship from the US and arrive within a couple weeks:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000315920124.html

A lot of these have non-english writing and may not be approved in the US. But she could maybe wear her daily paper mask over the unapproved mask so she looks the same as everyone else.

They also have face shields, gloves, and other PPE. All at prices that would be considered price gouging in the USA.
Tip: If she does order direct from china, it's probably best to use a store that has been open at least a year. A lot of stores selling PPE have popped up in the last month.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

sweet thursday posted:

I guess it's called Covid-19 because I put on 19 pounds

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
So after watching todays WH press conference I'm wondering is this average Trump behaviour or is it worse than normal?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Pindakaas posted:

I sure am sick of this Corona virus.

i read this in anchorman voice lmao

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1246481679910404096/

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Derpies posted:

How are you gonna show your hog off now ?

How have you not heard of this little site called Nudeweb by now

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How have you not heard of this little site called Nudeweb by now

Rick doesn't text me anymore

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Zteuer posted:

So after watching todays WH press conference I'm wondering is this average Trump behaviour or is it worse than normal?

It's normal. When he's reading prepared statements he sounds somewhat like you might expect a president to sound, but the moment he says anything that comes out of his own head he sounds either deranged or ridiculous or both.

On very rare occasions he'll say something on his own that makes him sound like maybe he's not a complete waste ("it's not just the flu" probably being his most recent example of this) and then the next day he'll do something completely bizarre (like trot out a bunch of corporate top dogs and let them use the White House podium to advertise their products) just to make sure you don't actually think he's becoming competent.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Mnoba posted:

i read this in anchorman voice lmao

oh poo poo that cracked me up.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

from the replies, lol

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Cuomo/DeBlasio need to publicly call on trump to come to NY and see the situation there with his own eyes. Most likely, trump will wuss out like a lil bitch, not go and he'll look even more uncaring and incompetent. Or he may go and then stands a pretty decent chance of catching this virus and croaking since he's an old fat rear end with the constitution of a 6 month old hemophiliac

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
A guy I know posted on FB that NY is hiring freight to haul bodies, apparently to PA for what we presume is incineration. Glad he's not taking the job, real sad that someone else will have to.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Guildenstern Mother posted:

A guy I know posted on FB that NY is hiring freight to haul bodies, apparently to PA for what we presume is incineration. Glad he's not taking the job, real sad that someone else will have to.

Jesus that is fuckin grim man.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It's normal. When he's reading prepared statements he sounds somewhat like you might expect a president to sound, but the moment he says anything that comes out of his own head he sounds either deranged or ridiculous or both.

On very rare occasions he'll say something on his own that makes him sound like maybe he's not a complete waste ("it's not just the flu" probably being his most recent example of this) and then the next day he'll do something completely bizarre (like trot out a bunch of corporate top dogs and let them use the White House podium to advertise their products) just to make sure you don't actually think he's becoming competent.

Well at least he has the ability to make other people sound really competent.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Maybe like, get back to hating our idiot president after people aren't burying their loved ones way too early. Horrible tragedies *can* be a good avenue for party line-towing but maybe not right now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I’m surprised they have to truck them out of state. I mean ny is a big place

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Roommate got some dinosaur kids sheets to make masks out of.

We're fighting this poo poo in style.

He also bought HVAC filters even when I told him not to so medical personnel could have it but...ok. :| At least there's dinosaurs?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm walking around with a central vac bag filter covering my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Burt Sexual posted:

I’m surprised they have to truck them out of state. I mean ny is a big place

No idea, he just saw the job posting/listing whatever truckers get