Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

d0s posted:

my dude have you ever been to the american south

Actually no I haven't. Do southerners use a lot of lard? It's essentially a non-existent product (for homes, not restaurants) in the two states I've lived in, California and Ohio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Telemaze posted:

Do these dumb assholes think they'll be magically immune when the pandemic gets worse? Honestly, if people want to talk about poo poo being ghoulish, it's this kind of thing right here. Choose between your right to vote and maybe dying, ha ha it's not our problem! (except it is)

I genuinely don't understand how not being sorry when these fuckers die is "bloodlust". They're obviously perfectly fine with thousands of their own citizens dying, and some politicians have outright said so. But of course they never expect to be one of the ones who ends up dead. When their own policy and opinion bite them on the rear end, I'm fine with it. It's just too bad a bunch of innocent people will also end up getting sick and dying because of it.

Do you think this will be better by July/August? When's a good time to hold the primaries?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Those republicans are going to get people killed. They actually want this. If people don't vote, republicans win. Trump just said that out loud a few days ago.

gently caress them.

They understand what matters

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tortilla chips made with lard are the superior chip

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

ruddiger posted:

Don’t mind me, just paying my covid hospital bills with :decorum: while my boss’ conglomerate gets a bailout.
I went on a surprise hospital visit a few weeks ago, stayed for the night, various procedures. When i got the bill it was 10€.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

d0s posted:

my dude have you ever been to the american south

He did say people

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Frank Sidebottom posted:

Do you think this will be better by July/August? When's a good time to hold the primaries?

Yeah dude that's definitely the only other option, we couldn't have people vote by mail or anything.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I dunno man, if you eat 40,000 bananas in 10 minutes you'll die of radioactive poisoning.

Hah, that seems like so long ago now

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Wisconsin republicans just overturned Gov. Ever's postponement of the election tomorrow.

Those republicans are going to get people killed. They actually want this. If people don't vote, republicans win. Trump just said that out loud a few days ago.

gently caress them.

Link source
Cant find anything
Know you are in Wisconsin
Ty

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lard is awesome. Neutral flavor, high smoke point, cheap, and it makes things really crispy

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Spinz posted:

Link source
Cant find anything
Ty

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wisconsin-governor-suspends-person-voting-tuesdays-election-coronavirus/story?id=70002422

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Frank Sidebottom posted:

People just need to find a way to send communications over a distance, instead of showing up in person.. Maybe with a network of couriers?
or using varying frequencies of electromagnetic energy to transmit an intended message through space. Or maybe a digital signal that could go through tubes.

But that sounds like a pipe dream to me, I don't think anyone could come up with such grand technology.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

Chomp8645 posted:

Actually no I haven't. Do southerners use a lot of lard? It's essentially a non-existent product (for homes, not restaurants) in the two states I've lived in, California and Ohio.

It's big in Mexican cooking. Look for a green and white brick labeled "Manteca". Safeway in the bay area usually has it.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Dear Watson posted:

People just need to find a way to send communications over a distance, instead of showing up in person.. Maybe with a network of couriers?
or using varying frequencies of electromagnetic energy to transmit an intended message through space. Or maybe a digital signal that could go through tubes.

But that sounds like a pipe dream to me, I don't think anyone could come up with such grand technology.

illuminati spotted

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

My food lion in VA stocks a small tub of lard on the fringe of the olive oil section, far from the mexican stuff

Aquamarie
Jul 22, 2004

do not swim without knowing jeez
We just found out via a news article that the nursing home my father is in has had a patient test positive for the virus.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Lard makes great pie crust

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

honestly my only lard experience was stopping at a wal-mart on a road trip in the deep south and seeing a large shelf of generic government cheese looking lard boxes. they just said LARD on them in huge black block letters on a white background, I was picturing the people who shop there using it as spread on their toast or some poo poo

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

In Milwaukee, the state's largest city, there will only be five polling locations, a fraction of the 180 that are historically operating on election day
so wisconsin republicans are gonna have an entire city all use the same few booths and not care when a small handful of people get the entire population sick because the governor is a democrat and they are required by strict party lines to oppose anything a democrat does
i bet those 5 locations are as far from low-income areas as possible as well

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

bort posted:

and its instrumental for making tamales

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Aquamarie posted:

We just found out via a news article that the nursing home my father is in has had a patient test positive for the virus.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Are they doing anything to prevent the spread? Do you know if they just keep the patient that is positive there at the nursing home or do they try to isolate them somewhere else?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

speaking of tamales I bought a bunch of these to prep for the apocalypse quarantine because they were one of the few canned foods still available to deliver, how disappointing are they gonna be

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that depends entirely upon your expectations

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Burt Sexual posted:

That certainly won’t cause mass confusion

No one has any idea what's happening. In Milwaukee they closed down almost all polling stations. Five are available for a city of 595,000 people. So not only do people not even know if they can vote tomorrow, they don't know where they can vote, and if they do find it they'll have to stand in line with a few hundred thousand people in order to.

I really don't know what to say. The Wisconsin republicans have no loving soul. This is straight up criminally and morally wrong. People are going to die.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

'Rona fashions are my new jam

I can finally go out in public with my Warning cosplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWR3D0r4YZI

Maybe the end of days isn't so bad after all?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

d0s posted:

speaking of tamales I bought a bunch of these to prep for the apocalypse quarantine because they were one of the few canned foods still available to deliver, how disappointing are they gonna be

I tried a can of those after 5 weeks of camping in hot desert environments doing geological field work they were awesome, they were pretty much the last of my canned foods for the trip. I can't vouch for them any at other time or place.

Maybe save them for when the canned corned beef hash has run out.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Dear Watson posted:

Maybe save them for when the canned corned beef hash has run out.

drat are you in my order history, that's exactly the other thing they still had in stock

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

I’m hearing news that Fauci has been fired and is being replaced by a three person team including doctor drew and the mypillow guy not sure yet who the third person is.

So which one forms the head?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

No one has any idea what's happening. In Milwaukee they closed down almost all polling stations. Five are available for a city of 595,000 people. So not only do people not even know if they can vote tomorrow, they don't know where they can vote, and if they do find it they'll have to stand in line with a few hundred thousand people in order to.

I really don't know what to say. The Wisconsin republicans have no loving soul. This is straight up criminally and morally wrong. People are going to die.

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1...1341%23lastpost

And the Supreme Court also threw out the extended deadline for absentee ballots, so you're hosed if yours hasn't arrived yet

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

bort posted:

True but 100% cultured butter makes the best pie crust

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1...1341%23lastpost

And the Supreme Court also threw out the extended deadline for absentee ballots, so you're hosed if yours hasn't arrived yet

Haha gavel goes bam

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Spinz posted:

Link source
Cant find anything
Ty

This is a pretty long article and I haven't read most of it but here it is anyway. Wisconsin Supreme Court blocks Gov. Tony Evers order to shut down election amid pandemic.

The WI Supreme Court is mostly Scott Walker cronies. And just to note, after Walker was voted out but still in office, he and the republicans took powers away from Evers and all future WI governors..... because they lost. Yes. That's exactly what happened and shows you what kind of people they are. I guarantee you they have no remorse for this.

Aquamarie
Jul 22, 2004

do not swim without knowing jeez

Dear Watson posted:

I'm so sorry to hear that. Are they doing anything to prevent the spread? Do you know if they just keep the patient that is positive there at the nursing home or do they try to isolate them somewhere else?

From what we understand it was someone receiving outpatient treatment, since they also offer rehabilitative services there. They have quarantined one wing, which we're not really sure what that means, since the person who tested positive is no longer there? Someone is supposed to be calling my sister tomorrow to explain in better detail.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
There is no more union

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

d0s posted:

drat are you in my order history, that's exactly the other thing they still had in stock

I like it, it’s good

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Well the governor controls the national guard and the national guard could sure be sent to make sure no one goes into places effectively making the primary non-existent correct?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1247301011947085825

the u.s. supreme court republicans pretending that... voting... is unconstitutional i guess?

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

G-III posted:

I can finally go out in public with my Warning cosplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWR3D0r4YZI

Maybe the end of days isn't so bad after all?

holee gently caress this is cool :wth:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

gary oldmans diary posted:

the u.s. supreme court republicans pretending that... voting... is unconstitutional i guess?

The Law says all votes must be cast by this day and we in the supreme court would never think of considering overturning or ruling on the implementation of a law, you must be thinking of some other branch of government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

slow_twitch posted:

holee gently caress this is cool :wth:

yeah but the guy from sisters of mercy needs to get his lungs checked out, sounds like he's got pneumonia