Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Shaocaholica posted:

Eh life would find a way if it didn't get blocked.

Right, but if it suddenly went away it would probably take millions of years to evolve near sensory organs that could and humans might not be one of the species to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

stab posted:

I look at is the Americans have a two party system they're trying really hard to make a one party system.

And their health care is LOL.

sorry American goons I still love you but the optics are terrible haha

We're quite aware that we're falling into fascism, thank you very much

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

anatomi posted:

I have a UVC array from an old hydroponics set-up in the attic somewhere. In combination with steaming and baking I guess that'll have to suffice. Cheers.

Why would you use UVC in hydroponics? That doesn't make sense? It would harm the plants, unless it was very brief exposure to kill fungal infections or something?

How serious was this growing operation?

Are you sure it's UVC and not just like UV spectrum?

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 8, 2020

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
I’m convinced the plexiglass that was put up at the check out tills at my wife’s work is to stop her from open-hand slapping shoppers in the face for being so stupid.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Why would you use UVC in hydroponics? That doesn't make sense? It would harm the plants, unless it was very brief exposure to kill fungal infections or something?

Are you sure it's UVC and not just like UV spectrum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4-ZeuB0pFo&t=146s

I seem to recall it being used to stress plants to make them better. (pretty sure it was a weed thing mainly).

Edit: Oh that's uvb and not necessarily a weed thing.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 8, 2020

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Spagghentleman posted:

I’m convinced the plexiglass that was put up at the check out tills at my wife’s work is to stop her from open-hand slapping shoppers in the face for being so stupid.

Stupid of her to think to touch those people.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

idk if this has been posted yet but lol :suicide:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/us/coronavirus-idaho-bundy-patriot.html

is it ok to wish for everyone involved to catch the virus

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Hardawn posted:

Can someone with access to scientific journals do a quick query for me was wondering today as I was driving home if there has been any sort of scientific study regarding if I stick my hands out the window on driving home what's the chances that viruses are able to hold on while I blast down the highway at 60 plus miles an hour

Put your hand into a load of soil and muck, now stick out your hand while driving, does the air blast away all the dirt from your hand?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Hardawn posted:

if I stick my hands out the window on driving home what's the chances that viruses are able to hold on while I blast down the highway at 60 plus miles an hour

are you driving down a highway that has a lot of people breathing on it

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

d0s posted:

idk if this has been posted yet but lol :suicide:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/us/coronavirus-idaho-bundy-patriot.html

is it ok to wish for everyone involved to catch the virus

You don't have to, they probably will and since it will be local and at roughly the same time it will horribly overwhelm their local hospital. There's no wishing here it's going to happen at least 1 person attending this thing is going to die from it.

They really need to NOT do this. But they are going to. This is going to be horrible to watch unfold.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

zer0spunk posted:

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1223257710033960960

because i love you all have a drone yelling at people in china

thats genuinely terrifying

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Sneak Lemming posted:

thats genuinely terrifying

it's also posted by the global times which is basically the CCP newsletter so it's probably

1. staged
2. aspirational

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
sound on 🔊
https://i.imgur.com/P1PwDXs.mp4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

god I use to think this moron is who I wish Americas leadership was like. Turns out he is just Canada's version of Trump.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I loving hate that man.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I said come in! posted:

god I use to think this moron is who I wish Americas leadership was like. Turns out he is just Canada's version of Trump.

As lovely as Trudeau is, he isn't even close to being Canada's Trump.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

remember when obama ordered the wrong kind of mustard and it was considered an unforgivable diss

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

trudeau seems more like a watered down bill clinton. still poo poo but not really close to trump level poo poo

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I loving hate that man.

We all do.
:hai:

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

I said come in! posted:

Oh calm down. Hardly

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

McGavin posted:

As lovely as Trudeau is, he isn't even close to being Canada's Trump.

yeah, Trump hasn't worn blackface

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Earwicker posted:

trudeau seems more like a watered down bill clinton. still poo poo but not really close to trump level poo poo

Could you imagine if we had Andrew Sheer instead?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Bleusilences posted:

Could you imagine if we had Andrew Sheer instead?

i cant because i dont know who that is, im american and only have space in my brain for two canadian politicians and those are taken up by trudeau and that crazy old mayor of toronto

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I noticed they made Christa Friedland the "deputy prime minister of Canada". When did that happen and how do we just make her the regular prime minister?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lotti Fuehrscheim posted:

But it really looks like the USA is drifting towards a similar system.

It's pretty normal and not anything new, any party worth their salt uses institutional levers to tilt elections.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

d0s posted:

it's also posted by the global times which is basically the CCP newsletter so it's probably

1. staged
2. aspirational

given the deep bass and echo and range from the drone's voice, yup, that's just plain faked. also the deal of a drone yelling at someone way out in a field.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
stop talking about how coronavirus disproportionately affects poc. rich old turds fearing getting got is the only reason we're doing anything at all

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I'm at work so I can't listen to this. What stupid poo poo is he saying now?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Soysaucebeast posted:

"You have a democrat in Wisconsin as governor... Ask him. That's his problem."

after trump went on a couple times saying no one was concerned about health issues until he endorsed daniel kelly for winsonsin supreme court, he eventually outright disregarded how republicans have been deliberately making GBS threads on wisconsin voters and the consequences while emphasizing his contempt for democrats and the governor for being one

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 8, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Soysaucebeast posted:

gary oldmans diary posted:

"You have a democrat in Wisconsin as governor... Ask him. That's his problem."

This. He was asked about how it's ok to have the elections when Trump himself is pushing social distancing. He basically said "I don't give a poo poo, let the demoRAT deal with the consequences of sickness and death."

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the response also frustratingly (but typically) ignores the fact that the governor did deal with it and his decision was reversed by the court

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This. He was asked about how it's ok to have the elections when Trump himself is pushing social distancing. He basically said "I don't give a poo poo, let the demoRAT deal with the consequences of sickness and death."

To be fair democrats have a poo poo ton of experience cleaning up after Republicans ruin stuff.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Earwicker posted:

the only time that happened to me it was from food poisoning. i was in italy and ate a steak that was basically raw because i thought it was normal there. maybe it is, and it tasted great, but the next day it made me extremely sick and after i puked up all the actual food i kept puking up some kind of orange goo for the next week even though i couldnt eat anything at all. it sucked. did you eat a raw steak or anything else sketchy recently?

My sister baked pigs in a blanket last night, I had the last one for breakfast today because I'm a goon. :ohdear:
I'm currently feeling "good" and finally slightly feeling hungry.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hulk hogan meat mask

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/JChengWSJ/status/1247698621945876480?s=19

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Earwicker posted:

i cant because i dont know who that is, im american and only have space in my brain for two canadian politicians and those are taken up by trudeau and that crazy old mayor of toronto

That mayor’s brother is now the premier of Ontario and a viable candidate for “Canada’s Trump”.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yes, the crackhead brothers are deffo better candidates

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dear Watson posted:

To be fair democrats have a poo poo ton of experience cleaning up after Republicans ruin stuff.

:hmmyes:

Yeah, that's true.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

bird with big dick posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1247651313724403712

When Trump was saying “we don’t shut down the country for the flu” he was actually taking about the Spanish flu and saying the Covid19 was terrifying not saying it wasn’t a big deal.

i hope you're all prepared for this to become canon for trumpbrains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Play posted:

i hope you're all prepared for this to become canon for trumpbrains

I wish they would “cannon” the trumpbrains. Looking like they’ll take themselves out through sheer stupidity and dying to spite the libs, so I’m ok with that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)