Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

mabels big day posted:

do we get a chapter this week?

Not sure about the official release but a fan translation of this week’s chapter literally just came out:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, the spoilers that were just posted are for a chapter this July.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Larryb posted:

Not sure about the official release but a fan translation of this week’s chapter literally just came out:

wow this translation is really bad

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mabels big day posted:

It is, and yes we get an official chapter this week. Next week Shonen Jump is taking off, so there won't be any official chapter then.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Law might be the first person to realize you have to plan around Luffy and the Strawhats charging straight in.

Julias posted:

It is, and yes we get an official chapter this week. Next week Shonen Jump is taking off, so there won't be any official chapter then.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

awwww

they reunited!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

loved the page of the strawhats and exclusively the strawhats cheering and hugging jinbei

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
With Kaido mentioning a son I guess we'll get confirmation of if he had any kids with Big Mom.

Also I love that Denjiro is the only scabbard that thinks Kin'emon is a tactical genius.

EDIT: By the way I've forgotten, what happened to Garfield? Has he just not arrived yet?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 10, 2020

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

RatHat posted:

With Kaido mentioning a son I guess we'll get confirmation of if he had any kids with Big Mom.

Also I love that Denjiro is the only scabbard that thinks Kin'emon is a tactical genius.

EDIT: By the way I've forgotten, what happened to Garfield? Has he just not arrived yet?

Garfield may be even busier than Jinbe. Weevil was coming his way if I recall, so if Weevil did make it there (as of 956 it didn't seem like it), Marco doesn't seem enough to hold him off so Neko may have had to stay. But! I can't see Oda not doing an Inu & Neko Sulong revenge battle vs Jack, so, he should arrive.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

oddium posted:

loved the page of the strawhats and exclusively the strawhats cheering and hugging jinbei

that was my thought lol

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Julias posted:

Corona Virus is truly mankind's most heinous enemy.

Edit: Jinbei stopping to have a victory party before coming back is perhaps the most Strawhat thing any new member has ever done.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 10, 2020

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
The only thing in Enies Lobby that didn't quite nail it for me is that I found Lucci to be kinda boring as a badguy.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Viridiant posted:

The only thing in Enies Lobby that didn't quite nail it for me is that I found Lucci to be kinda boring as a bad guy.

He's an "edgelord" villain in terms of having the kind of backstory that's pretty common amongst villains.

I do find it pretty interesting that in One Piece as a hero, you typically die or take pride in never having injuries on your back due to not running away or giving your back to an opponent. Lucci, on the other hand, has his defining trait be that he has a ton of injuries on his back.

Other than that, I think his design is amazing, and easily one of my favorites, especially when he was mute, and the Pidgeon did the talking for him.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Viridiant posted:

The only thing in Enies Lobby that didn't quite nail it for me is that I found Lucci to be kinda boring as a badguy.

I could easily understand someone finding him boring, but for me his role was a cold killing machine, and he sure executed that role well. Just meant to be an assassin that represents the World Government's ruthlessness.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Lucci was a glorified goon/henchmen in Enies Lobby, just muscle without much personality and obedient to Spandam, who was the real villain (and a real piece of poo poo).

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

oddium posted:

i was like 90% on carrot before but im 100% now that panel convinced me.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I really want Kaido’s son to be a huge NEET who spends his days drinking and reading Sora the Marine Hero comics

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cat Machine posted:

I really want Kaido’s son to be a huge NEET who spends his days drinking and reading Sora the Marine Hero comics

Turns out Weevil is Kaido’s son and Bakkin just has a bad memory

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
During my recent reread of One Piece, the thing that stood out to me about Lucci was that he was less evil than I remembered him as. E.g., he didn't kill Nero for losing to Franky, but for trying to kill Franky when he had been ordered to capture him alive. And he avoided killing a child when it would have been "optimal" from Spandam's point of view (though you could argue that he just wanted Chimney to report to Luffy so he could have the chance to fight Luffy, or just wanted to vent his dislike of Spandam via malicious compliance, rather that having moral scruples). I could see him becoming a bit more chill after the events of CP9's Independent Report. Though when he reappears at the Reverie he seems gleefully subservient to the World Nobles for...some reason, apparently having been pardoned and rehired by the WG for...some reason. It feels like Oda forgot about CP9's Independent Report, honestly.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

i thought it was obvious katakuri is Kaido's son

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1248672131191209984?s=20

"It's less than half a minute of animation and it's for the cause of an international crisis, but eeeeeeeeh let's not put too much into it"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lucci sucks and all the non-Kaku fights of Enies Lobby sucked and dragged on too long.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

"It's less than half a minute of animation and it's for the cause of an international crisis, but eeeeeeeeh let's not put too much into it"

Why doesn't she blink :gonk:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

https://i.imgur.com/fVSHHgf.mp4

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Funky Valentine posted:

Lucci sucks and all the non-Kaku fights of Enies Lobby sucked and dragged on too long.

Sanji's fight with the wolf guy was good and short.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Funky Valentine posted:

eat my fat rear end kabuki dude fight was loving great

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mabels big day posted:

that would be dope

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

mabels big day posted:

why would that be obvious

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jose posted:

why would that be obvious

Well it's not obvious for Katakuri. But Oven looks a lot like Kaido and Oven, Katakuri and Daifuku are triplets.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

this chapter's gonna be great in the anime.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
"We'll save the toast for after the battle" Jinbe gonna die lol

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

RatHat posted:

He mentioned specifically that he wants his son to meet Big Mom, so I don't think the Katakuri triplets are going to be Kaido's boys. As much as it would be fitting.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Based on the apparent clothing on the legs of the Flying Six, I think they will be leather-clad like King and one of them is a samurai. I also think they'll be under King's direct authority as similar flying Zoans.

Comedy option: they're just a bunch of pairs of legs that cut off above the camera angle like the parents from Cow and Chicken.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 11, 2020

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Based on the apparent clothing on the legs of the Flying Six, I think they will be leather-clad like King and one of them is a samurai. I also think they'll be under King's direct authority as similar flying Zoans.

Comedy option: they're just a bunch of pairs of legs that cut off above the camera angle like the parents from Cow and Chicken.

we already know x drake and page one are in the Flying Six, and the most "leather-clad" of the legs belong to drake

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Big Mom cooperating with Kaido would be absolute hell for X-Drake. while he may have dodged Kaidos suspicions hell have a hard time avoiding Big Moms informants.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Big Mom cooperating with Kaido would be absolute hell for X-Drake. while he may have dodged Kaidos suspicions hell have a hard time avoiding Big Moms informants.

Oh man I bet Big Mom's crew crashes the party at a pivotal moment and things escalate even further

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
My favorite subtle thing about this chapter was Kid's crew all adopting the habit of doing Killer's bizarre forced laugh to help him feel less isolated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mabels big day posted:

https://bato.to/chapter/1434477

slightly better fan tl

Extremely wild speculation: Kaidou's referring to Momo as his son.

Kild fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 11, 2020