Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

The description immediately tells you where you can watch it digitally, so I doubt it.

Also, here's the list of screenwriting awards it's got.

https://assassin33ad.com/awards/

Have a drink for every "film festival" or "film awards" you've never heard of.

Legit think these are fake. The Copenhagen film festival does not give out awards for "best writer", I cannot find any info about this film receiving an award, and, crucially, Denmark is not located within Sweden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

As far as I know "Mexico International Film Festival" doesn't exist. Our biggest one is FICM or The Morelia International Film Festival in english. And it seems they don't award films by foreign directors.

By the way FICM seems to have free to watch films, just in case any goon wants to check it out: https://moreliafilmfest.com/en/cine-en-linea/

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Y'all would be surprised at how many "film festivals" actually exist just to give away awards to films like that. It's a pure "pay for entry, get an award" kind of thing. Some of them actually screen the films for the public, some don't. They're just laurel factories.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Hakkesshu posted:

Legit think these are fake. The Copenhagen film festival does not give out awards for "best writer", I cannot find any info about this film receiving an award, and, crucially, Denmark is not located within Sweden

lmbo

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
I want to see what's on offer at the SummerSlam Film Festival

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

Heidi Montag
Director’s Comments:

Heidi is known for her outrageous performances on reality TV. I met her while on the TV show, “Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars.”

When I told the producer that I wanted her he said, “Reality stars can’t act.”

I persisted because I knew Heidi’s heart for God

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I had no idea that website would be an absolute goldmine when I posted the link.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

I had no idea that website would be an absolute goldmine when I posted the link.

Check out the synopsis, it gives away more of the plot than any trailer ever has.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hakkesshu posted:

Haha, there's a bunch of these. I hope they had a great time in Melbourne, Austria. Or at the IIPMF, which was apparently held at sn unknown location.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The capital of Europe, Warsaw.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

But if Jesus existed he would've been dead for several years by 33 AD.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

The capital of Europe, Warsaw.

Civilization 5 crew represent

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

But if Jesus existed he would've been dead for several years by 33 AD.

No they’re going after him post the apostles using the Dragon Balls to resurrect him, but before he evolved into a Super Saiyan.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Proteus Jones posted:

No they’re going after him post the apostles using the Dragon Balls to resurrect him, but before he evolved into a Super Saiyan.

There is a LOT of fan art about this

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

gently caress. But of course there is.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DBZ is pretty appropriate for Easter because there are tons of fights where the hero gets buried in some rock and then there's a dramatic pause and reveal before he rises out of it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All of this could have been avoided if Ridley Scott wasn’t such a coward and made Gladiator 2.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lobok posted:

DBZ is pretty appropriate for Easter because there are tons of fights where the hero gets buried in some rock and then there's a dramatic pause and reveal before he rises out of it.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All of this could have been avoided if Ridley Scott wasn’t such a coward and made Gladiator 2.

My quarantined brain combined these two posts and was trying to remember scenes from Gladiator where Russel Crowe got buried under rocks and rose out of them after a dramatic pause for a good minute or two.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i dont think i even care who directs it, as long as Nick Cave's script gets made.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Goddamn good script.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

am i misremembering or was Aronofsky attached at some point & a reference of sorts made its way into the Noah script?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFCXHr8aKDk&t=165s

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Noah was so freaking good.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McSpanky posted:

Noah was so freaking good.

Was it?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yes

i mean even if you dont care for russel crowe (i dont), it is still excellent

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

its not my favorite aronofsky, thats fair

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i dont think i would call noah good.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

idk what to say. its aronofskys "least good" movie but that lil soldier bit, the gnostic/environemental message, the acting (despite crowe). this all still puts it at a pretty high shelf imo

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
All I remember from Noah is rock people.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

clown shoes posted:

All I remember from Noah is rock people.

Which reminded me of the Transformers in the Bay movies, which had Megatron/Metatron as a fallen angel searching for a magic cube.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Krankenstyle posted:

yes

i mean even if you dont care for russel crowe (i dont), it is still excellent

Noah is good. It and Exodus: Gods and Kings were solid biblical epics.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i was unable to finish Exodus.

i love the stories from the old testaments but not that one. i dont think i can explain why, byt that movie was bad. sorry :/

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I'm a big fan of The Fountain, so I always appreciated that the first few frames of "light" from Noah's Creation scene linked above resembles Xibalba from that film. v:shobon:v

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Noah was extremely good until the flood. The goddamn rock people were amazing.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

That one scene where Noah and family are huddled in the ark having to listen to the screams of people outside really stuck with me.

Exodus: Gods and Kings wasn't nearly as good.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Yeah, it was a pretty bad movie.

The only scene that I really remember from it was Ramses' adviser providing a scientific explanation for the various plagues, then the shot immediately after that was him hanging from a noose. Funny as hell.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The film's depiction of the plagues becoming overtly supernatural once the science advisor is dead is a neat touch.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

This is one of the biggest tonal shifts I've ever seen in a trailer. It starts out looking like a somber movie about William Holden as a mountain man going back to the valley he was born in to die, and well, just watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emo0uffHltk

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tom Hardy as Al Capone, directed by Josh Trank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLQXgugmdIU

Edit: new link

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 16, 2020

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The MSJ posted:

directed by Josh Trank.

I am shocked he was allowed behind a camera again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Didn’t it just get renamed to Capone and moved to VOD? Sounds like a desperate attempt to get an audience that would’ve ignored it.