Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Julias posted:

Counterpoint: kanjuro is going to die and carrot will eat his fruit and then join the straw hats

I love all of oda’s alt styles so loving much. carrot, kanjuro and giolla really handed out the goods in the new world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Julias posted:

Counterpoint: kanjuro is going to die and carrot will eat his fruit and then join the straw hats

seriously how can anyone not want carrot on the crew

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Luffy has no interest in women cuz he can suck his own dick

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Philosopher King posted:

This post is embarrassing to me as a human being

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Philosopher King posted:

This is bad and you should feel bad.

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Apr 15, 2020

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Carrot should join the crew just to hang out with Chopper, they have amazing chemistry together. She can be his nurse, even though she has no training. They could make a shtick out of it between her electrocuting people and going full werebun. It’d be fine.

Besides, Pedro said it’s important for a Mink to be on the boat that finds the One Piece and Carrot is in a position to carry that torch to the finish line. Don’t diss Pedro like that.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Julias posted:

Given that chopper isn't a mink, but a regular animal that ate the human devil fruit, I think it's more likely that Monster point is actually his Awakened form, akin to the beasts that were in Impel Down.

I just mean that "human-animal hybrid powerup form where your hair gets super long and you grow much larger and more powerful and your eyes turn all white" just so happens to be the same thing in two places here

I would not be surprised if there just straight up wasn't that much difference physically speaking between a mink and a hybrid-form zoan

but like manga science logic lol

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm just looking forward to seeing the other minks' Sulong forms.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Bleck posted:

I just mean that "human-animal hybrid powerup form where your hair gets super long and you grow much larger and more powerful and your eyes turn all white" just so happens to be the same thing in two places here

I would not be surprised if there just straight up wasn't that much difference physically speaking between a mink and a hybrid-form zoan

but like manga science logic lol

Turns out that all the different human-types are the result of ancient, fruit-based genetic manipulation experiments.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

i am tim! posted:

Carrot should join the crew just to hang out with Chopper, they have amazing chemistry together. She can be his nurse, even though she has no training. They could make a shtick out of it between her electrocuting people and going full werebun. It’d be fine.

Besides, Pedro said it’s important for a Mink to be on the boat that finds the One Piece and Carrot is in a position to carry that torch to the finish line. Don’t diss Pedro like that.

It would make total sense yes. She'll carry on his will and with Jimbe being an awesome helmsman, they will need an equally awesome lookout. Which is something she has shown to be very capable of.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The timing of these breaks is terrible. Right as things really start kicking off, it’s brutal.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The timing of these breaks is terrible. Right as things really start kicking off, it’s brutal.
Perfect time to engage in meaningless ranking of characters!

https://tiermaker.com/create/one-piece-character-1252

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Luffy is going to lose his fruit and gain kanjuros

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fawf posted:

Kanjuro needs to die so that Carrot can take his ability to bring drawings to life, I can't accept any other outcome

None of the justifications of carrot as a strawhat convinced me except this one.
If she joins without the art-art fruit im cancelling carrot fans.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

I'm rewatching the Marineford arc, and something kind of interesting is that Garp really wanted Ace and Luffy to become marines. But from the way events go, would it ever have been possible for those two to become high-ranking marines? Wouldn't they still have been executed or jailed once people like Akainu figured out their origins? With the "absolute justice" and all that?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

UnderFreddy posted:

I'm rewatching the Marineford arc, and something kind of interesting is that Garp really wanted Ace and Luffy to become marines. But from the way events go, would it ever have been possible for those two to become high-ranking marines? Wouldn't they still have been executed or jailed once people like Akainu figured out their origins? With the "absolute justice" and all that?

'the marines are so obviously good that even rogers' son joined them' is even better PR than killing rogers' son would've been, akainu might've been too stubborn to see that but sengoku wouldn't be

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

UnderFreddy posted:

At the very least, I imagine Luffy would be okay for the same reason Garp is. I guess unless Garp is fine for legacy reasons.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Garp is 0 for 3 on raising kids to not rebel against the WG lol

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
his method for raising kids was to drop them off at a mountain bandit hideout and occasionally show up to beat the daylights out of them so

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
He wanted them to become strong marines, instead he got strong pirates so at least he got it half right. Maybe the trick was to enroll them first in the marines and then start his brutal training regime, like with Koby and Helmeppo.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

Gangster Gastino is loving S-tier and you know it

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

Apoo beneath Hody Jones?! For shame.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
lets just talk about how much that guys list sucks

Senor Pink is easily an A lister

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Cat Machine posted:

Women bodies aside, I remain incredibly impressed how good Oda is at drawing unique characters. So many other artists default to the same 4-5 types of faces and only make minor tweaks – worst example being Case Closed.

Even the characters who share a face structure generally have something that makes em' unique. It's just really amazing.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Señor Pink is a useful character for explaining or summarizing the appeal of One Piece for someone who's unfamiliar.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Libra posted:

Señor Pink is a useful character for explaining or summarizing the appeal of One Piece for someone who's unfamiliar.

10 seconds is all u need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn6IULSTH2o

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

^ pointing at this and nodding enthusiastically

edit: the fact that his baby costume gets explained in a tragic backstory is an extremely important part, though. As is his ability to swim through solid matter, which has nothing to do with his design or theme whatsoever.

Libra fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 16, 2020

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

this tier list thing is missing way too many wano characters. I know the arc isnt over but we have a lot of Blackbeard's crew and Revolutionaries on here we know nothing about yet I can't rank Oden or most of the Scabbards. And the loving Zou elephant is on here but not Karoo? what the gently caress

anyway I don't remember the majority of the characters in D-F tier so that's why they are there. Or I just don't like them. C and up are the ones that matter

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

montblanc noland's 3/3 on a rank. you love to see it

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
My S+ tier is every one piece character and my F tier is all other fiction

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Man, there are some characters in there that I just do not remember at all.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i accidentally left fisher tiger in f rank. let it be known he is A

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Finally a tier list we can all agree on.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

were minks in powerful mode during jack's stay at zou or nah?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Blackbeard ranks in my toilet

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Lpzie posted:

were minks in powerful mode during jack's stay at zou or nah?

Nope, they made a point when the Straw Hats showed up that if the moon was out they would have trounced him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Nope, they made a point when the Straw Hats showed up that if the moon was out they would have trounced him.

Yeah imagine a whole "island" of minks during a full moon...

Though I can't imagine it would go well after Jack was down and they don't have a target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Not all of the minks have a sulong form, and Carrot was fine when she did it. It's possible they have to learn control like Chopper did, but I guess that would come through training to use it in the first place.