Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nurge posted:

We don't all live in america you stupid poo poo.

What the gently caress is wrong with your brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Is there anywhere that has a break down of deaths by age groups and co-morbidities?

Of the 33k~ in the US how many were 18-35 and healthy?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol if you think that retirement money being spent is a complete nonfactor in the economy. Might as well just give everyone's retirement money to ceo so it can just sit in their accounts

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nurge posted:

They do not work. Jesus christ. Their money is completely irrelevant. That money is getting spent no matter who does it. They are not in the workforce.

maybe you should like, sit this one out and stop posting for a while.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
This is your brain:

Nurge posted:

Obviously it matters. It killing mostly the elderly is actually a boon to economy. If it killed mostly young people like the spanish flu it would destroy the economy.

This is your brain on Pick:

Nurge posted:

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THE WORKFORCE IS OVER 70 YOU DUMB loving PIECE OF poo poo? THAT'S WHAT OLD MEANS

Any questions?

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

I said come in! posted:

It doesn't matter what we want. This virus has our civilization by the balls, it dictates when and how we come out of isolation. There is no scenario where we get to do this on our terms. We can come out of isolation if we want, but it will not go the way people think it will. You're eating up propaganda, don't be willing to die for capitalism.

Its incredibly simplistic to see the consequences of 2 year isolation as only being damaging the economy. Poor people won't be supported by the government for 2 years. They will become incredibly destitute and have what little possessions they have taken away or sold. Tens of thousands of people on the edge already will go into worse depressions and possible suicides. Tens of thousands of women will be beaten more by their husbands if not killed.

People that want a gradual re-opening of some parts of society aren't just "omg we need the greenbacks". Its so simplistic to see it that way. This doesnt mean we have parades in the next few years, it doesn't mean we even have bars open. But maybe, we can have a picture framing store open or painting classes again.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lol this is like when two chat bots yell at eachother

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Nurge, the US economy is super reliant on a bunch of dumbass boomers going to Lowe's and spending their retirement funds on paint and power washers and lawn mowers. Boomers here in the US have an unnerving amount of capital compared to us millennials and in turn their sending is important. They also fill a labor gap that younger generations aren't trained to do, like trucking, plumbing and electricians.

Not saying they shouldn't disappear but their reduced presence would have a notable effect.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Guyver posted:

Is there anywhere that has a break down of deaths by age groups and co-morbidities?

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Guyver posted:

I dont know detailed USA stats but in Italy of the 20,000 people that have died ~40 are under the age of 40.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

coronavirus posted:

Its incredibly simplistic to see the consequences of 2 year isolation as only being damaging the economy. Poor people won't be supported by the government for 2 years. They will become incredibly destitute and have what little possessions they have taken away or sold.

Have you considered that maybe we will institute Full Communism Now and Republicans and Democrats will join hands in implementing a robust UBI program in the next few months?

I think we should be grateful to the virus for this historic opportunity.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

coronavirus posted:

Poor people won't be supported by the government for 2 years. They will become incredibly destitute and have what little possessions they have taken away or sold. Tens of thousands of people on the edge already will go into worse depressions and possible suicides. Tens of thousands of women will be beaten more by their husbands if not killed.

This was a reality before COVID-19. Its almost as if our capitalist every person for themselves way of life, isn't functional or healthy. It's just too bad it took a pandemic to expose this. We are going to need to make some uncomfortable switches in how we live before we start opening anything back up.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Louisgod posted:

Nurge, the US economy is super reliant on a bunch of dumbass boomers going to Lowe's and spending their retirement funds on paint and power washers and lawn mowers. Boomers here in the US have an unnerving amount of capital compared to us millennials and in turn their sending is important. They also fill a labor gap that younger generations aren't trained to do, like trucking, plumbing and electricians.

Not saying they shouldn't disappear but their reduced presence would have a notable effect.

Hey I got idea if they all die we can take their wealth and then it's our spending that matters.

Win win all around I say!

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Guyver posted:

There is a PowerBI dashboard that does this for the Netherlands (well age, not co-morbidities). Over here 95% of the people who died were over 65. Deaths under 50 are like 20 people out of a total of 3115 deaths.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't think I'd jump to call goons separated from reality

I would. What are we talking about though?

Lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Have you considered that maybe we will institute Full Communism Now and Republicans and Democrats will join hands in implementing a robust UBI program in the next few months?

I think we should be grateful to the virus for this historic opportunity.

In all seriousness this will not happen. Things will continue to collapse and fall apart.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

coronavirus posted:

You are more likely to die as a person under 65 by driving to work than by getting COVID-19. There are risks in society. People shouldn't be paralyzed by fear of getting COVID as a young,healthy person. You should however be very concerned with getting it and not isolating and killing immuno-compromised or elderly family and friends.

Do people under 65 spread car accidents to 5 other people?

If someone gets sick then they are taken out of the workforce. Obviously only a small percentage of people die from covid but the more people that get sick, the more people are loving up our economy, and the more people die which fucks our economy permanently.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Do people under 65 spread car accidents to 5 other people?

The daily morning I-5 traffic reports in Seattle would suggest that this might be true.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

I said come in! posted:

This was a reality before COVID-19. Its almost as if our capitalist every person for themselves way of life, isn't functional or healthy. It's just too bad it took a pandemic to expose this. We are going to need to make some uncomfortable switches in how we live before we start opening anything back up.

Slight problem, your choices for leader to guide us to a comprehensive welfare state utopia is either 1- an egotistical rear end in a top hat who cares more about his image than good policy, or 2- someone who literally can't string together sentences and has trouble understanding the world around him.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I said come in! posted:

We are going to need to make some uncomfortable switches in how we live before we start opening anything back up.

*Fade to black over strains of 'Ken Burns: The Civil War' violin music*

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I said come in! posted:

The daily morning I-5 traffic reports in Seattle would suggest that this might be true.

:hmmyes:

I retract my statement.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

coronavirus posted:

Slight problem, your choices for leader to guide us to a comprehensive welfare state utopia is either 1- an egotistical rear end in a top hat who cares more about his image than good policy, or 2- someone who literally can't string together sentences and has trouble understanding the world around him.

Agreed. America is totally hosed. My hope is that the west coast can find a way to break free of the U.S. and become its own country.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

angryrobots posted:

I would. What are we talking about though?

Lol

:hmmyes:

I retract my statement.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I said come in! posted:

Agreed. America is totally hosed. My hope is that the west coast can find a way to break free of the U.S. and become its own country.

They should use a lot of dynamite ! (to actually break free)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I said come in! posted:

It's started. The seeds have been planted.

Doubt it will happen, but I hope it does.

The West Coast should really have a ton more political influence than it does due to the fact that it is basically the most important part of the country. Hopefully, the people here realize it and demand secession (The Magician).

It would be pretty funny to see the poo poo part of the country after the NE and the W leave. They would be all like abloo abloo at least we have our guns and jesus. And we'd be all like, yeah, too bad you don't have anything else. Enjoy your electoral college.

Pity that Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin would get royally screwed.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

nah, they deserve it

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

What about the east coast? The original 13 colonies are kinda ok in my book.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chomp8645 posted:

Hey I got idea if they all die we can take their wealth and then it's our spending that matters.

Ha, they would burn their money in a pile in front of us rather than just give it away. Kinda like saddam Hussein's chicken story

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

boar guy posted:

nah, they deserve it

I'm in Wisconsin. We do deserve it.

HOWEVER, we're slowly recovering from the damage Walker has done. We just have to change our congress now.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

coronavirus posted:

having trouble figuring out which one you think is which, because both apply

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Confused by the future tense in this sentence.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Play posted:

having trouble figuring out which one you think is which, because both apply

The ambiguity is kinda the point. :ironicat:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Take your "which states deserve to suffer" bullshit to C-SPAM you fucks.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

Take your "which states deserve to suffer" bullshit to C-SPAM you fucks.

Goddamn right. This is GBS. Everyone sufffers.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Big Beef City posted:

I dunno.

What IS bad about encouraging 35+% of the population that still approves of him to flood public areas while still sick with the plague?
Can YOU think of any reasons that might be bad?

I'm going with the notion that most people who don't listen to him aren't going to be in those public areas so I don't see a problem with letting people make their own dumb choices.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Louisgod posted:

maybe you should like, sit this one out and stop posting for a while.

Why? It’s amusing watching sociopaths dig their own graves.

Lotti Fuehrscheim
Jun 13, 2019

Waltzing Along posted:

It would be pretty funny to see the poo poo part of the country after the NE and the W leave. They would be all like abloo abloo at least we have our guns and jesus. And we'd be all like, yeah, too bad you don't have anything else. Enjoy your electoral college.

Secession cannot be allowed and will be met with military force. There is ample precedence for that.

And your poo poo states have all the soldiers, so that will become an easy occupation operation.

Just my wargamer's point of view.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The elderly (Boomers, let's call it for what it is), the poor, the uneducated, the lower class, and Trump supporters/followers who listen to his ignorant remarks, and who make up the political majority (though not the populace) of those areas are going to bear the brunt of these things.
Some by their decisions and some not.

It's fine to examine that and to say "Welp this crowd of elderly white Trumpists who took to the streets sure got rocked, huh?". It's another thing to say "We deserve to live because we're in Portland." gently caress off with that poo poo forever.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

i, too, want the west coast to be obliterated by the military

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also I do live in Portland and it sucks