Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I guess the bathroom is on deck 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Slight change of topic:

(source: https://www.instagram.com/nicolemclaughlin/ though it's got some NSFW stuff in it)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The_Doctor posted:

I guess the bathroom is on deck 2.

Like the wizards in Harry Potter, people just poo poo wherever and teleport it away in Star Trek.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I'm so glad I have a lightbox now (arrived earlier today...).

Finally took some proper photos of an old model that's been sat on the windowsill...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oleenanatiras/albums/72157714090049426

'Uca' Heavy Industrial Mech - Oblique View

Lizard Combatant posted:

So for the hell of it I've started a minifig scale Enterprise (yes, I'm coping with isolation fine thanks for asking), honestly I'll probably stop after the bridge but it's fun to imagine.

Obviously I'd love to use custom printed pieces but I've tried to go with only what's available in studio and to make it as "legal" as possible (actually build-able and without stacking same size plates on top of each other), so here's my WIP so far of the bridge of the Enteprise (no bloody "A", "B", "C", or "D"... well technically the refit, as seen in Wrath of Khan)

I get this wont be most / many people's thing so sorry for the scroll fest.

This is pretty awesome, keep at it!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Holy poo poo, Lizard Combatant. I was very close to showing my space station control room I made but now it looks like bootleg bullshit lol

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Brawnfire posted:

Holy poo poo, Lizard Combatant. I was very close to showing my space station control room I made but now it looks like bootleg bullshit lol

Nah do it. You actually made it with real bricks.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Brawnfire posted:

I still have the Enterprise I made when I was a kid and was considering showing it off, but drat.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

xzzy posted:

Slight change of topic:

(source: https://www.instagram.com/nicolemclaughlin/ though it's got some NSFW stuff in it)
Needs more greasy ponytails, cum stains and denim.

Luceo posted:

I still have the Enterprise I made when I was a kid and was considering showing it off, but drat.
When I was 10 or 11 years old, I discovered all of the 80s Star Trek movies (and the good Star Wars movies, I wore out a VHS copy of Empire Strikes Back) and naturally, I built what is still my largest MOC - a rainbow warrior Enterprise. It was 100% brick built with 2x4s and similar blocks, the saucer section was as round as a square, and for some idiotic reason I attached the saucer to the rest of the ship at the center instead of the back. I'm certain I both didn't know better, and attaching it at the back was an impossible feat of engineering for my 10 year old brain. It didn't matter how unstable it was or how many times it fell apart under it's own weight and had to be rebuilt, I loved that "enterprise" dearly. I went on to make similarly crappy MOCs of a Klingon bird of prey and battle cruiser, a Romulan warbird, and some red horseshoe shaped ship which Google tells me is a Fergeni D'Kora class. This was all done back in the time of 56k internet and one aging 486 computer shared by six people so reference photos did not exist, the models were exactly as accurate as they sound. I wish I had photos but back then I think everything was still film or a multi thousand dollar digital potato.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Olpainless posted:

I'm so glad I have a lightbox now (arrived earlier today...).

Finally took some proper photos of an old model that's been sat on the windowsill...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oleenanatiras/albums/72157714090049426

'Uca' Heavy Industrial Mech - Oblique View

This is pretty awesome, keep at it!

This is so god drat dope.

edit: Jesus I love all of your loving builds, your style owns so hard. I wish it were an official line.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Oh man, I missed that part of the post. Sick roh-bit!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That Enterprise Bridge owns. Nice work.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'd be down to chip in some money so you can get the parts to actually build it. Let's make a pool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m going to have to get into stud.io building.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well gently caress, just picked up 2 bargains in one night. I grabbed the Creator Townhouse for $15 from a Walmart Clearance section, and then the Ideas Treehouse for $95 from the Target next door. :toot:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

sigher posted:

I'd be down to chip in some money so you can get the parts to actually build it. Let's make a pool.

That's very sweet but save your money, I can't justify spending anything close to what it'd cost just at the moment.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

The_Doctor posted:

Ideas Treehouse for $95 from the Target next door. :toot:

How is this fair

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Figured I’d check here before I hit up eBay. Do any of you have a spare Series 17 Veterinarian?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Butterfly Valley posted:

How is this fair

It must be a return or something. Right place / right time luck.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

It must be a return or something. Right place / right time luck.

It had 'Online Item' stickers on it, so I assume some sort of return, yeah.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The packaging on this set is bizarre

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/04/06/wonder-woman-1984-lego-set-revealed-as-76157-wonder-woman-vs-cheetah-news/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I saw that out in the wild the other day, and yeah it very much is.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd be reluctant to show the build myself, it's ugly as poo poo and clearly there just to sell the minifigs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Really? I think it's actually a pretty slick looking little building.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Yeah I actually like that building. And I think it's a test case by Lego to see if they can make their packaging more desirable to collectors by making it at least somewhat artistic. They are also doing away with the push tabs in most of the boxes and switching over the tape.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Well the Star Wars event has started, and the store has already stopped responding...

Doesn't look like there's any discounts on the large exclusive sets unfortunately

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

For me it says it doesn't start for another 5 hours?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Got my A-Wing order in a while ago with no issues. Also got an answer about why my vip points have been hosed, I got a new number but my account is still linked to the old number somehow? I have to call them to get it fixed. The good news is I’ll have $50 off whatever once I can finally use my points again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sites down for me :sigh:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Last year, I started a major clean out of my Lego collection, and so far I've sold $2800 worth. About a one-third of that in just the two months since the pandemic began.
My sister did even better, because she had a several of the really massive sets.

So what sold the fastest?

1. Bionicles. Almost all of it was one set at a time, too.
2. Star Wars. Duh.
3. Train parts (motor chassis, track, light, etc. etc.)

I'm down to $800 in inventory, what's gotten zero interest?

-The sopwith camel sculpture
-the Ross Powers snowboard sets
-Technic sets

If you have any interest in this stuff, I offer goon discounts, PM me here.

https://store.bricklink.com/PropMod

Cojawfee posted:

Just checked some prices, looks like the bucket wheel excavator and porsche 911 gt3 I bought but never opened could net me near 700 bucks. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer.

Here is my advice: pick a price that makes you happy, and just forget about it. Eventually it will become a competitive price for that item, and someone will pay it.

Lego is a unique asset in that the value only goes up over time (or at least it has so far).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1256090246560784386?s=20

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I really like this version!

They packed a lot in (I like the door, and the winch, and they even packed poo poo into the head!), and yet it overall shape is very true to the original movie.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I have the original AT-AT from back when the figures were still yellow and looking at all the ones they've released since then I don't think any of them improved upon the first enough to make them worthwhile, although this one might break the streak

The ratio of leg to body looks more accurate, although at this scale it makes it look a little gangly rather than a towering huge fuckoff murder machine.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 1, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh poo poo, I love that AT-AT personally. imo that's a huge improvement over the previous ones.

Wonder what the price point will be. $120? hopefully not 150.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

veni veni veni posted:

Oh poo poo, I love that AT-AT personally. imo that's a huge improvement over the previous ones.

UCS would have been nice but yeah it’s definitely an improvement. Any word on price?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

veni veni veni posted:

Wonder what the price point will be. $120? hopefully not 150.

Jang said 150 euros so prob $150

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Thanks again to y'all dope people, here's a redesigned version of my Plymouth Hemi Cuda!

Although I loved the color scheme, the old Cuda model was probably my least favorite car that I've built. It always felt pretty short and stubby, especially compared to other SC-scale cars. This version fixes all my issues with the old one, and I really love it now.

For comparison, here's the old model:

I lengthened the whole thing by extending the rear deck. I redesigned the side panels to be slimmer and emphasize the rocker trim more. I raised the ride height a bit. The front and rear lower fascias have been streamlined a bit, highlighting the fog lamps and exhaust better.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
That 'cuda would be great in red and on top of a MOC version of Megas XLR. Well done.

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 1, 2020

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
In red, you say? I know someone who may be getting a red one soon.

P.S. it looks dope in red

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
How are shipping times on Lego.com's pick-a-brick? There used to be a message about no one being available to fill orders, but that's gone now.

Carbohydrates posted:

In red, you say? I know someone who may be getting a red one soon.

P.S. it looks dope in red

Is it me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ever shopped Aliexpress?